Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
4 database instances in a single server (SQL Server 2005)
- Hi Guys,
I have 4 database instances (2005) running in a single server.
How am i able to know how much memory...
32,000 records - simple SELECT is slow
- I have "equity_ids" table (32 columns, all varchar(16)) with no Primary Key (SQL 2005)
Just 3 Non-clustered indexes on varchar fields.
Is trigger a bad solution
I fire triggers on different events. But some of my clients insist on not using trigger. Because they claim that...
My MSDB Database is over 25 GB on production server
- The following tables are consuming alot of space in the msdb database.
backup job error
My backup job was running continuosly stating with error as
BackupMedium::ReportIoError: write failure on backup device 'SQLBACKUP_F2381D64-154C-4F22-8B67-ED444941C3AF01'. Operating system error...
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssis package.plese tell me how to solve issuse.
text file source contains data like
Help Please - DBCC Check Failed-The operating system returned error 87
- Hi folks
came in today and found this error on one of my databases.
Would appreciate any assistance on this as I...
sql server 2005 (std edition 32 bits) on windows server 2003 enterprise 32 bits
- Hi Guys,
I have 8GB RAM on windows server 2003 enterprise 32 bits. From my computer, right click properties I can...
Can Someone Explain These Wait Times to Me?
- So I know what wait times are, the amount of time SQL spends waiting on a resource. What I don't...
High Index Count/Space versus High CPU and Logical/Physical Reads
- We are working on trying to reduce the high number of IO waits on one of our production servers, a...
SSIS Flat File Connection Manager
- I am trying to automate the move of data in .txt files to staging tables in Sql. I have been...
Lookin for Reference for EDI Using SSIS and X12 Format Files
- Let me start by saying that I'm not looking for assistance in solving a work problem. I'm looking to improve...
SSIS & Environment Variables
- I've been struggling w/ some quirky issues lately regarding use of environment variables with package configurations in my SSIS packages.
UPDATE PART OF DATA
- TABLE IS LIKE
COMCOD ACTCODE ACTDESC
3306 180001 ADVANCE TO STAFF
3306 180002 ADVANCE TO OTHERS
3306 180003 ADVANCE TO SITE OFFICE
MULTIPLE INSERT IN A DESIRED SEQUENCE
- I HAVE A TABLE WITH THREE FIELD COMCOD nchar(4) DUPLICATE ALLOWED FOREIGN KEY, ACTCODE nvarchar(6) PRIMARY KEY, ACTDESC nvarchar(250).
Looping without cursor not updating properly
- I got asked to not use a cursor for a loop that I'm working on so I grabbed the code...
Problem loading csv files with SSIS
- I receive a number of csv files from a third party on a regular basis, it could be 1 it...
- Hi friends,
We need to monitor a user session for locks to troubleshoot a problem in the program. When the...
SQL 2000 - The selected package cannot be opened - The DTS Designer has been closed
- I have two SQL 2000 servers, Db1A and Db1B. There has been NO SQL 2005/2008 is or has ever been...
SQL Server RAM usage
- Hi Everyone,
Our production SQL Server has 8GB RAM, we have noticed that the Server is consistently using 7.80GB. The CPU...
Query runs too slow!
- I have the following query which takes around 15 minutes to run:
dbo.All_keys_ = 88 million rows
dbo.Load1_keys = 900 thousand rows
CREATE TABLE dbo.Load1_PotentialOverlaps_(Master_Id...
Open query limitation
- Is there any workaround for the 8000 character limitation in the openquery for executing MDX queries?
is there any other option...
Ways to replicate
I have a live db that users need to access it for reporting purposes. What is the best way...
package execution completed. click here to switch to design mode
- hi all,
when i run my ssis package after 5-10 sec in the bottom of the screen it's showing "package...
- I want to encrypt my database. So which method is simple and the best. If i use symmetric key then...
inserting data from one table to another and want to create primary key at same time
- I am creating a table by using an insert into from another table
then I am deleting any duplicate rows from...
How to view stats used in query?
- Hello all,
I could use some help trying to better understand how stats are used in this situation.
I have a query...
maximum rows without duplication
- Consider this table:
declare @a table (a int,b int,c char(1))
insert into @a
select 1,17,'a' union all
select 1,15,'b' union all
select 2,15,'c' union all
Converting datetime format
- I have a following table:
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Tbl1](
[Old_Date] [datetime] NULL,
[New_Date] [datetime] NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
INSERT INTO TBL1(Old_Date)values('2012-12-31')
Getting the files stored in a database table?
- Hi All,
I am struggling to find a solution / guidelines / 3rd party or internal database tools that allows me to extract...
Permissions for DTEXEC
- Any suggestions are welcome.
I am calling DTEXEC like this in the context of database A.
'"E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe Mypackage"'...
- Hi everyone.
I have a table with a few million rows in it. There is a process as part of...
Is this is the Best Practice to select E: for the SQL Server root directory?
- Hi Experts,
Is this is the Best Practice to select E: or any other driver(not C:) for the SQL Server root...
T-SQL Code Review: Looping Record Deletion w. Date Validation
- Hi there, I put this script together based off of some code I found in a few other threads on...
To not RBAR
- I have a table of taxonomic entries. It is for paleontology, where the entire taxonomic structure is often not known....
Find month totals between date columns
- I have a sample view with some dates. How would you find the numbers of items open per month. Say...
OUTPUT variables in Profiler
- The following is what SQL Profiler shows for a stored procedure call:
declare @p1 int
exec dbo.Set_Phone_6 @p1 output,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL
Looging all executed SQL Server Queries
- Hello Friends,
I am using SQL 2008 R2.
This instance of SQL Server ,many user uses.All user uses the same user sa...
Larger Date Range taking MUCH less time
I'm executing the below TSQL on a table with about 700,000 records. I am clearing the caching so it does...
Differential Backup Blocking Trans Log Backup
I have a maintenance plan that runs a differential backup every 4 hours and a separate job that backs up...
my backup maintenance plan is failing
- Hi friends my backup plan is failing from error logs i got this information. can any one throw some light...
Doubt in Data Warehouse design...
We are creating a Data Warehouse for our Client
We need to store a list of locations that our company.
Create CLUSTERED Index
I want to change the order of two fields in Pk of a table,I need to drop it and recreate...
Diagnosing Page Latch Issue
- I'm working with both a Vendor's DB and a purge script they've provided, and I need some outside opinions.
Backup issue through maintenance plan
- i am getting the below error while taking the backup via maintence plan.. i am getting an error only for...
Sharepoint SQL Server
•To ensure optimal performance, we strongly recommend that you set max degree of parallelism (MAXDOP) to 1 SQL Server instances...
- Hello friends,
I have table contains millions of records.
When i fired query to get record by id. Query get millions of...
Inserting currency symbols in money datatypes
I heard we can insert currency Symbols like $ to Money and small money datatypes. But while i am trying i...
Attempt to fetch logical page (1:440) in database 2 failed. It belongs to allocation unit 422212869292032 not to 6269010747738816512.
- hi all,
One of my sp is giving the following error some times not every time:
[b]Attempt to fetch logical page (1:440)...
SSRS Reporting assitance- consolidated report using 3 Stroed PROC
I have 3 Stored Procedures
Note- all the 3 have same number and signature of Columns, what...
- I have a table with 6 million rows. The table has around 200 columns. The data can be sliced and...
sp_updatestats and the default sampling rate
- Using SQL Server 2008R2
As my Production database approaching 500GB and potentially can grow up to 1TB in 2 years, issue...
Read & Write Permissions on SQL Server Agent Service startup account
- How do I add read permission and write permission to the Temp directory of the SQL Server Agent Service startup...
Parameter in sp_delete_jobsteplog don't work
- Hi, in our organisation we normally set up maintenance plans for backups and so on. As we cannot deploy packages...
Single Update Query - Required
- Table 1:
Sno SID Sname
1 Null A
2 Null B
3 Null C
4 Null D
5 Null E
ano aID aName
1 55 AA
2 32 BB
3 53 CC
4 10 DD
5 10 EE
I need to update Table 1 - Column SID values with Table 2 - Column aID in a single...
query returns empty row
- hi all, please find the following code
DECLARE @intid as varchar(100) ='''BSEC0002''' + ',' + '''BSEC0001''';
DECLARE @qry as varchar(500) ='SELECT * FROM mstinstrument where...
Creating Stored Procedure
I have below table:
I am trying to create a procedure where I take the input...
DateDiff function help
- Hi Friends,
I'm new to TSQL and in my code I'm using -
datediff(day,[WorkForce_JobPosting].[Job Posting End Date_JP]
,[WorkForce_WorkOrder].[Work Order End Date_WO])
Data Insertion into Access DB using T-SQL
- Hi Guys,
I am trying to insert data from SQLServer into an access database,using T-SQL
I used OPENROWSET to Select the data...
Combine variable and select statement
- I want to combine this select statement and a variable(@EndUserDel) to get result.how can i do that?
declare @EndUserDel nvarchar(20)
FOR XML and trying to avoid nested cursors
- Alright, history first. I've got a bit of a mess I've inherited. Groups inheriting groups inheriting... you get the drift....
Complex SQL QUERY with DateDIFF
- Hi all,
I need to script a query to discard access logs that not exceeding a predetermined margin (eg. 2 seconds)....
SQL Cached Plans - MPA
- Hi All
I have a question regarding SQL cached plans and the multipage allocator
Based on what I understand, any request of...
Hash value generation times
- I have a table with 56 million rows. I performed the following operation:
ALTER TABLE MyBigTable ADD NewHashColumn AS HASHBYTES('SHA2_512', Column1+Column2+Column3)
Filtering by StatusId
- I have a Stored Procedure which returns data based on the StatusId.
DECLARE @StatusId INT=2
SELECT * FROM Employees
If the StatusId is...
Best way to store images
I recognized if we store an image in binary type in SQL SERVER they take more space. For example a...
Replication from SQL 2008R2 to SQL 2012
I have weird replication issue. Can't figure out what the issue is here. Please help me with ideas/known bugs(if...
- I need to write DR/HA proposal any suggestions?
- We have a lookup table GeographicLookup table with a primary key called gisGeorgraphicLookup.
It now has 2 million records, with each...
- I'm using Red-Gate Monitor tool to help me in managing our SQL Server. I see very frequently these two messages:...
Daylight saving time and SQL agent job
- I have a SQL agent job scheduled at 2:00 am on Sunday.
But it was triggered at 2:59:50 am instead of...
Another "cannot generate SSPI context" error
- Freaking odd one here guys. :unsure:
2 SQL 2008 R2 servers on the same domain, but in different data centers. Live...
Missing index statistics - Dementia ?
- I use a script showing me the missing index statistics with impact and so on. I think you all know...
Proper splitting and placement of files ?
- Hi Folks,
what ist the proper placement of files?
In an article I red : LDF and MDF on separate drive, TempDB on...
Negative Available Space for tempdb
- I'm checking all my databases and when I look at my templog setting in the Shrink File window I see...
Trace flag 4199
- Generally do you run with this on or off?
I've always been slightly worried about setting this trace flag to ON...
- Dear Experts
How to use triggers in auditing and in which cases
Can any one provide examples
Reporting Services Logs not being deleted
- We have a server running SQL 2008 SP1, Standard. We recently discovered that SSRS isn't cleaning up it's log files....
Client does not want to pay overtime. How to deal with it ?
- I am hourly-paid employee of a consulting company, but work all the time at client site. Sometimes I have to...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Counting for Labels
- I am running all of my production labels using SSRS 2008R2
I am trying to constuct a label that will Print...
SSRS report to show the results of two datasets at different granularity on same report
- I need to build a report to show the Top n products and sum of the rest products across column...
need help on Expression syntax
- Hi all,
I am trying to create the Expression equivalent of the following query:
where TopLevelProjectName = '40 Project Folder'
Thread being aborted at subscription
- Hi ,
I receive very often the error message 'Thread being aborted' at several subscriptions of different reports.
The strange thing is...
Is it possible to alter the .XML in and RDL file via SQL script?
- Hi Guys,
We have a 3rd party developing our data warehouse, and we do the SSRS devevelopment in house via...
Merge,Look Up,SCD which one is good for millions of records
I am new to SSIS.
I have to load 50 millions of records(full load) into a SQL Server table.
After the full...
Update Data in Prod table. Lookup ? Merge?
I am in need of a solution. I am supposed to load the data of a table from PROD server...
Problem to create a CONNECTION MANAGER inside a SSIS
- Hi to all.
I currently use SSIS of SQL SERVER 2008 R2 to create data flow to import data from several...
Excel import - force column to be string (SSIS 2005)
- I know this topic has been covered in a few places - but it reoccurs regularly and I have NOT got...
Restricting admin permissions
I have a strange request from our BI department and I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but just want to...
Different aggreation results with and without a dummy WITH clause
- I'm trying to diagnose a bug in a calculated measure in a SSAS cube, and while debugging I get this...
Login failed for user 'NT Service\MSSQLServerOLAPService' 28000
- I am using SQL Server 2012 developer edition on Windows 7. I have the following error attempting to process a...