Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQL Agent troubles - The system cannot find the file specified.
- Hi All
I have a SQL 2005 system.
The SQL Service is started with no issues - However, I can't seem to start...
how to execute timestamp querry in sql server 2008 ?
- I am T.E. I.T. student & these sem we have dbms subject but i am so confussed how to write date...
Error:-Could not load the DLL xpDataComm.dll, or one of the DLLs it references.Reason: 1114(A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.).
- I have created "xp_TestDataComm" extended stored procedure but i am getting below mentioned error when i execute "exec xp_TestDataComm"
Backup Failed but backup file is created
- Hey guys,
I have an issue with backing up a 80GB database over the network,
Here is the error:A nonrecoverable I/O...
- we need to copy a backup file between two very slow network Data centers (transfer rate: 350 kbps),
Remote Query to Oracle very slow
- Hi friends,
We are troubleshooting performance on a process that is taking too long. I ran a trace using sql...
Issue with OSQL
- Hi Friends,
Requirement : i have a table which contains around 40 columns of which name is a column which i use...
Is it supposed to cleanup old snapshot folders for trans replication?
- I have a server that I'm finding out today that was setup a long time ago with transactional replication and...
Resolving a deadlock
- I have a deadlock between a trigger and a stored procedure stored procedure is always the victim of the deadlock....
Tip needed - Change Connection on several containers at the same time
- I have a DTSX package that I need to change the connections on for about 30 containers. Is there a...
More help wit Sum, Pivot and so on...
First thanks for the help I got a couple of weeks ago! :-)
Now to my new proble that is to...
Pull to Push subscription
- OK I know I am dreaming but does anyone know of a way to switch a transactional subscription from Pull to...
DTS - result to excel
- Hi Guys
I have created several DTS packages, and the data gets stored in csv flat file and get mailed automatically.
Update and Insert Performance
In Insert and Update, Multiple Index and Inculude columns is effect performance.
- how to update 2 tables in 2 different Db within same transaction ?
what if 2 Db are in different server...
SSIS OLEDB source executing but not returning results
- Hi There,
I have a query in a SSIS package. it has been running fine and returning required results to the...
Copying from one column to another with truncation.
- Hi Guys
I have a table called Mytable.
In it are 2 columns, Description(50 Char) and Longdescription(200 char)
I need to copy the...
SQL Server 2008 R2 not starting after moving"model" database
- SQL Server 2008 R2 not starting after moving model database. Any ideas? Error: 945, Severity: 14, State: 2. Any ideas...
- I have a table with 6 million rows. The table has around 200 columns. The data can be sliced and...
sp_updatestats and the default sampling rate
- Using SQL Server 2008R2
As my Production database approaching 500GB and potentially can grow up to 1TB in 2 years, issue...
SQL SERVER database encryption.
- Hello All,
I am in a bind here and hoping someone will be able to help me out in this regard.
Querying the ringbuffer target - only returning the first half of the data
- I am running the query below and seeing deadlocks from 2013-03-01 17:27:44.213 to 2013-03-03 06:51:22.317. It is currently 2013-03-04 15:20....
CLR Stored Procedures
- Hi All,
I am trying to create a CLR stored procedure. What I was hoping for was a stored procedure that...
Copy a big table (250G) form one server to another
I need to copy a big table (about 250G, basically used to store images) that I have on a MSSQL...
Remove "SQL Server 2005 (64-bit)" after in-place upgrade to 2008 R2?
- Hi all,
When upgrading SQL, we normally either detach/reattach or backup/restore. However, we have just been handed a server that had...
date format 7/31/2013
Im new to TSql -
I have requirement to display date as 7/31/2013 but currently I'm getting it from DB...
SQL 2008 enterprise to standard degradation
- Hi Team,
I have request from client to degrade few servers due to cost of enterprise edition.
Can you suggest me the...
How to uncommit the transaction and execute the next statement in the cursor?
- Hi Friends,
DECLARE @JurisID int, @CodedID int, @SrcCodeValueRef varchar(100), @SrcCodeDescr varchar(100), @SrcCodeValue varchar(100), @DecNumber bigint
SET @DecNumber = @Number
declare @result varchar(50), @chars...
SELECT list block with CASE?
- is something like this possible?
CASE WHEN (@X = 1)
Just accepted a Sr. DBA job. Time for a gut check?
- Hi SQLSC!
Buckle up, I apologize in advance for the long post. In many ways, typing it out is as much...
SQL Agent skipping job execution
- I am experiencing an issue with a couple of SQL Agent jobs on SQL Server 2008 R2. The job will...
Publish SSRS 2008 in LAN
- How to publish SSRS for internal alone.
I have a project which needs to be circulated only to my team members...
fetch tables most often queried
- Is there a way to determine which tables of a database are being queried most often, sorted in descending order?
How to maintain two digit values in sp?
- Hi friends,
IF OBJECT_ID('Sp_Coded') IS NOT NULL BEGIN Drop procedure Sp_Coded End
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[Sp_Coded] (@ParentTableName varchar(50), @ColumnName varchar(40), @CodeID int, @Number...
Cannot open database requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user
i have create a vizual c# program linq to sql ..when i whont to open the databse from vizual i...
What is the purpose of "Register as Data-tier Application" ?
- As I can use "Extract Data-tier Application" to generate a dacpac file, what is the purpose of "Register as Data-tier...
Help with execution Plan
- Hi all,
I am trying to learn Execution Plan reading. I executed the below query
FROM Sales.SalesOrderHeader H INNER...
TabLock and TablLockX Confusion
- I am trying to figure out how this works. Locking difference between TabLock and TablLockX. They seem to do the...
how to write a column expression in a query based on other table value exist
- Hello Please help me here.,
i have below tables called
student (sno, sname, address)
StudentDrillEnrolled (sno, DrillClass)
StudentDrillNotEnrolled (Sno, Reason, Viever)
how to write a...
6 places after decimal without rounding
- I have a sample table
CREATE TABLE dbo.Analysis
ID INT IDENTITY,
Margin [numeric](21, 6) NULL,
Freight [numeric](21, 6) NULL,
AccMargin [numeric](21, 6) NULL)
- Hi not sure if this is the correct forum but I need some help with dates in SQL.
I have been...
DB Normalisation Help required
- I have the data as below. I need to normalise the table with this data.. can someone help me how...
Select full month number (with 0)
the resut is: 2 (if myDate is 2013.02.03). I would like return: 02
Do you have any solution for...
Grouping records by time interval
- Hi everyone,
I have been searching for a few days now to try to solve a problem, but without success. What...
Hierarchy example - Ken Henderson's book - not working
- I’m working on the hierarchy lesson in Ken Henderson’s The Guru’s Guide to Transact-SQL. He wants to show two things....
- Hi Guys,
I want to create UDF. Below is my logic. Please guide me where i am wrong.
Alter Function [dbo].[udf_GPList](@EID int,@PID...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
Using OPENQUERY to joing to an Oracle table in an SSIS view fails
- I'm having a strange SSIS (SQL Server 208 R2) issue using OPENQUERY. I have created a Linked Server to our...
please help me convert this part into SQL Server.
- IF OUT_PAT_VISIT_ID_V = 'Collected' and NO_OUT_PAT_VISIT_ID_V = 'Collected' THEN
:NEW.PAT_VISIT_ID := 'Collected';
ELSIF OUT_PAT_VISIT_ID_V = 'Collected' THEN
:NEW.PAT_VISIT_ID := NO_OUT_PAT_VISIT_ID_V;
ELSIF NO_OUT_PAT_VISIT_ID_V = 'Collected' THEN
Create Insert data script for views
- Dear All
For one table I need to create insert statemetn with data. For this I used SSMS-Task -Generate script - Data...
Trying to make my lookup table unique
- I am running the following query, what I am trying to do is only have in my reference table the...
Problem with a query - wrong update results
- Hello experts,
I have 2 tables.
One of the tables has the data I need to know which user input it. On...
How to split query result into seperate columns
- I have one table that contains all my data. I can group into a result as below (the weight would...
Help moving SQL instance folder structure from one SAN to another (cluster environment)
- At the office, we have a 2-nodes cluster configuration running a SQL Server instance on each node (active/active). We need...
- can two mirroring sessions on single production server between diferrent sql instances use same endpoint and same port numbers
SAN to SAN hardware level (Block Level) replication solution for MSSQL 2008 R2 databases synchronization between DR and Production
Appreciate your suggestions and solution for following scenario
1) My SAN team already implemented SAN to SAN replication between disaster recovery...
Installation Error: Volume does not belong to the cluster group
- I am installing SQL 2008 R2 cluster in windows 2008, I got the following error:
The volumne contains SQL server data...
how read from mirror server ?
- Hi all,
I have a production server with 3000 online users,
I set up SQL server database mirroring,
Now I want to...
Log Shipping Looking for Backups in wrong location
- I have log shipping set up (initial set up) and the backup and copy jobs are working fine. The restores,...
Current SQL Server servicepack on passivenode
- Hi All,
Is there any way to find out sql server service pack level on passivenode, on active node sp2 hasbeen...
How to stop SQL services on both cluster node without failover
- I need to clean stop SQL services and dependent services on Cluster both node without failover for adding new SAN...
Adding 2nd Node to SQL 2008 Enterprise Failover Clustering
I followed this link for installation:
Everything was alright for the 1st. Node.
Then, I try to add 2nd node, in the...
rename SQL server
- After we changed computer name, and I renamed SQL server name too following ms articles. by using sp_dropserver, sp_addserver.
resource governor with multiple cpu on server
- is it possible to use resource governor when there more number of cpu or it is a multiprocessor environment and...
Problem with Database mail
- We have SQL SERVER 2008 R2,which Database mail does not work properly.When I try to send test mail,it says it...
Does the adrenaline rush ever subside when rebooting a DB server.
- I work in a small shop as the accidental DBA and for the first time rebooted our production DB server...
System-health extended-event session does not capture latest deadlocks
- While running the following query to capture the latest deadlocks recorded in the default system-health extended-event session, I noticed that...
Database Backup Issue
- Hello All,
I'm running SQL 2008 R2. I have an intermediate issue with my backup for this one database. Some days...
Should I go ahead with 70-432
- I have been preparing for MCTS 70-432 for the past 1 year. I was planning to take the certification exam...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Execute a sql job from AS400 command line
- I am trying to use this command to execute a sql job from an AS400 command line. I am having...
The Beer Cooler Thread
- On popular request - at least one! - a dedicated topic about beer.
I shall start with my favorite beer: Duvel.
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Installing ReportServer on separate server.
- Hello All,
We currently have report server and database engine installed on same machine. The problem we are facing with is...
MERGE problem -> when I need to reenter an entry which is already in the history
I am having a BIG problem with the merge statement in SQL 2008:
When I have an entry (for example...
MultiValue Parameter not working
- Hello all,
I have a table that displays different statistics about "Properties". The table only has 1 row, this single row...
SSRS Report on Local Server works fine but not through Remote server
I deployed a SSRS (2005) report on my Report Server and is working fine, but when tried through Remote Server...
Report Server not recognized email aliases
- I have setup the report services and most of it seems to be working fine. When I create a subscription,...
Help with FilterExpression in BIDS 2005 - I'm going crazy
- Hi all,
I hope someone can help. I'm about to pull my hair out. Something as simple as a filter expression...
Colour co-ordinating increasing/decreasing values on a matrix report
I just created a matrix report with consecutive dates running along the y-axis and sales people running down the x-axis.
Combining two data sets into the same table?
- Hi all,
Got the following situation:
Server A contains information about a particular field of a table that I want to populate...
display dataset query in report
1.How to display report dataset query in main report.pls any one give right information.
Different aggreation results with and without a dummy WITH clause
- I'm trying to diagnose a bug in a calculated measure in a SSAS cube, and while debugging I get this...
How to attach/install an analysis services database
- Hi guys,
I need some help with attaching an AdventureWorks analysis services database. I am trying to attach it but am...
Adding time dimension in the project
- I have two dimensions
Contact and Sales and fact table
fact table contains following attributes
My Source table does not contain any Time...