Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
The process could not connect to Distributor
- Hi Guys
I am in the process of creating replication between 2 remote servers, server 1 is the distributor and publisher...
LDF is IDF instead
- The production database has 1 MDF and 1 log file.
The log file extension is idf instead of LDF. Would this...
Avoid DEADLOCK for concurrent DELETE
- Hi ALL,
I have a table called Products which has many columns.
It is a temporary table used for reporting purpose. The...
Problem with connecting 2 SQl 2005 Servers
I am running SQL 2005 Standard edition under Windows Small Business Server 2003.
Everything, that I need runs just fine from...
How to configure mirrored DB on ODBC for failover
I am having a question on configuring mirror DB on ODBC. When a Principal DB goes down the mirror DB...
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server 
- I am running SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.3042.00 On a Windows 2003 server service pack 2. I have a VB application...
What Windows PerfMon Counters Should be Monitored
- We are using BMC Patrol. What Windows PerfMon Counters should be Monitor SQL2005 by it to ensure SQL is running...
Backup Failed but backup file is created
- Hey guys,
I have an issue with backing up a 80GB database over the network,
Here is the error:A nonrecoverable I/O...
Help with SSRS report
I'm trying to create a report for listing the % compliance by Supervisor along with employee name, id, dept, and dates.
Adding percentage on a tablix
I've got a report which has this output below
month Leads 2012 Leads 2013 Oppos 2012 Oppos 2013 Enquiries 2012...
SSRS Reports deploy in Reporting Server Manager
- Hi Friends,
I have a set of reports developed in BIDS env and now my SQL server has been reinstalled...
Custom DLL deployment
I have two SSIS packages which uses the Custom DLL in a script task. This Custom DLL has code which...
Creating Real time DASHBOARDS
- Hi to all.
I work for a company that uses from 2005 , SSAS of MICROSOFT.
Now we are using SSAS 2008 R2...
i have one table it contains 30 million records, Now I have partitioned the Table, I could not find much...
Why SQL Server enable Large Pages?
- From SQL Server error log, i found following information:
[highlight=#ffff11]2009-06-04 12:21:08.16 Server Large Page Extensions enabled.
2009-06-04 12:21:08.16 Server Large...
Execute Stored Procedure Multiple Times
- We have a sproc that has been around a long time, it's ben tweaked & prodded, etc over the years to...
Trigger on insert help
- Hello All,
I hope someone can help because I'm lost as to what the problem is...
I have created a trigger:
in ma current configuration i have one data file and one log file of a tempdb database.
as a process of...
I am getting below error:
Transaction (Process ID xxx) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen...
Exporting Multiple SSIS packages from MSDB
- If we need to export a package from MSDB into the file system we can do it using the SQL...
find whether a upper case letter is there in a given string
- Hi all,
i want to know whether a upper case letter is there in a given string or not?
if i provide...
Moving Secondary Database in Transaction Log Configuration
- I’ve been tasked with moving a production database server that is involved in log shipping. I am not a DBA...
The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."
- This errors Message was found in the Job History.
2013-02-27 12:28:18.758 Agent message code 20037. The process could not bulk copy...
using locks in sql server 2005
- i have one table, concurrently multiple users are hiting the table through insert action.
i have placed trigger on the table...
Get Public role permissions
- In SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008r2
How to retrieve the permission for the default Public role in an db
Index Selection in SQL Server
Consider the following example :
I have a table Employees:
Create Table Employees
EmployeeId BigInt Identity(1,1) ,
EmployeeName Varchar(30) NOT NULL...
Getting minimum of top n rows without using subquery
We use SELECT min([date]) FROM table WHERE [date] IN (select top(100) [date] from table order by [date]) query for selecting...
Cannot create a row of size XXXX which is greater than the allowable maximum row size of 8060
- We are using SQl server 2008 R2 ,
we have such requirement so one of our table have 500 column .
How many Database can be created in a MSSQL 2008
- How many Database can be created in a MSSQL 2008 R2. Can any one give me the exact number with...
fetch tables most often queried
- Is there a way to determine which tables of a database are being queried most often, sorted in descending order?
INSERT SELECT with large XML Dataset - XML DTD stripped...
- Let me begin by saying I'm not very well versed in pulling XML files into SQL using a straight T-SQL...
Stored procedure runs faster than the code it contains...
- I have a stored procedure which runs in about 1 second. If I take the code out of the stored...
SQL 2008 ODBC Connection
This is my first attempt at creating a ODBC connection from a workstation to a SQL 2008 server and I'm...
Question on how to dynamically change the 'FileConnection' property durning runtime in SSIS
I have an SSIS package with a number of File Connection Managers. These connection managers execute SQL scripts using Execute...
unexplained lock escalation - please help!
I have a stored procedure in my SQL 2008 database that contains only the following TSQL :
WITH TableA_CTE AS
Database to Database Connection - Unsecure?
- Hello, I work for a government agency and I'm trying to implement some automated data pull procedures and I was...
Trace flag 2371
- Hi All
I want to enable trace flag 2371 for update statistics.
The application generates a lot of queries. As enabling the...
Is SQL Server 2 tier architecture or 3 tier architecture
- Hi Team,
Can anybody please let me know Is SQL Server 2 tier architecture or 3 tier architecture ?
Need help with dynamic sql query
- Hi, I need help with this dynamic query to execute the sql statements but it gives the following error when...
how to put my sql request within an application to disaply result?
- Hi i have some request i would like to put them in one application so it's can display all the...
Does the query optimizer make use of transitive equality?
- Does the query optimizer make use of transitive equality? By that I mean if A = B and B = C, then...
Need help with a select, insert
- GOAL: insert into tblcompanyassignments from tbluserassignments. Only attempt the insert for userid that exist in both tbluserassignments and tblexistingusers. For...
Incorrect data type in Float column
- Somehow, I have a table with non-numbers in my floating column.
I can find them...
select isnumeric(Column) as IS_Numeric , convert(nvarchar...
What, if any, is the best type of replication for implementing on hundreds of databases on one server?
- Hi all,
We have a 2 node (active/passive) SQL 2008 SP1 Enterprise Cluster that hosts about 500 databases.
Now while the Cluster...
Declared Variable in WHERE clause weird behavior
- I'm seeing a huge performance difference between two queries that are almost identical. The only SQL difference is in the...
Need help comparing two execution plans
- Hi all,
We're testing an upgrade from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2 in our data warehouse environment. I've run into...
(Could not find stored procedure 'msdb.dbo.sp_dts_getfolder'. - sql 2005 - > 2008 R2
I have a package on 2008r2 and job on 2005 pointing to the package on 2008r2. When i run the...
- Hi all
I have a date which is in a text file which looks like this '25/02/12 11:39:34'
I have been playing...
using OUTPUT on remote server
- I have the following:
INSERT INTO TableB
OUTPUT INSERTED.COL1 INTO AUDITTable(COL1)
This is giving me error:
A remote table cannot...
Compare the data in two tables, If Different, Update
- Hello everyone
I am working on a problem where I need to compare the data in two tables. I can have...
Restrict overlapping records
- HI All,
Just wanted to know whether can we create a constraint to restrict the overlapping records in the following...
Query to list all jobs
We are consolidating servers and I was asked to write a query that returns a list of jobs on a...
Log File full / Database Down
- I am a newbie and we ran a script that made our logfile drive go to 100%. We tried to...
Interesting Question in SQL
- Hi Everyone....
I have a table (no Primary Key defined) with some value and I need to create a view on...
- Hi Guys,
I want to create UDF. Below is my logic. Please guide me where i am wrong.
Alter Function [dbo].[udf_GPList](@EID int,@PID...
How to compare parent child data in SQL
I have two SQL tables like below;
[CODE]T1: relationID, meterID, parentID, childID
T2: dataID, meterID, date, amount[/CODE]
Sample data of tables;
[CODE] T1 T2
Spilt List Function
- This must be much simplier than I'm making it...
I have an unique idenifier for a person, and a space delimited...
MS Access front end to SQL server 2008R2 backend
We use MS Access 2010 to obtain data from our Sybase\SQL anywhere database.
The name of this database is called "e2i".
SQL 2008 R2 Problem with TempDB when running SSIS
I have a problem with some SSIS packages. I use SSIS to extract data from a server that is hosted...
change a result into one record
- this is the code I used to retrieve a record set.
NSFFee = CASE WHEN p.STYPE = 'nsffee' THEN p.hvalue...
- Good Day To All I'm a Newbie so please be patient.
I don't know if this is possible or am I...
Query Using Multiple table
- I have two table ACINF and ACPMNTA
COMCODE ACTCODE ACTDESC
3305 130000000000 CURRENT ASSETS
3305 130100000000 Loans
3305 130100090000 Loan to Others
3305 130100090001 Loan to Others
3305 130200000000 Loan to Employee (RHEL)
3305 130200010000 Loan to Emplyee...
Exclude duplicates, keep the value with the latest date
- I'm trying to create a query with multiple columns. The CandidateID column includes values that appear more than once. I...
select to add alternate lines with text as 'go'
- Dear All
I have a query select Id from abc which returs
I want it to return
Is there a way to...
Sqlserver 2008 R2 Mirroring failed to failover when the primary server got stacked.
Sqlserver 2008 R2 Mirroring failed to failover when the primary server got stacked.
Environment: 3 virtual servers: Primary, secondary and witness
SQL DTC Confusion
- Hi All
I am trying to figure out the ins and outs of DTC and how SQL uses it.
Does SQL only...
Adding 2nd Node to SQL 2008 Enterprise Failover Clustering
I followed this link for installation:
Everything was alright for the 1st. Node.
Then, I try to add 2nd node, in the...
Configuration sql 2008 cluster on san storage
- Hi All,
Iam unable to proceed with MSDTC storage configration where it fails with the folowing error:
No disk exists in available...
I have a 4.5GB database that takes about 67sec to restore and 30sec to backup.
Since it has a lot of...
Memory Clerks Discrepancy
- Hi all
Environment: SQL 2008 Ent SP3
I am noticing a discrepancy in my Memory Clerks for SQL Plans (Adhoc plans)
- Hi Experts,
We had a situation in which one user fetching data . We got machine\username but searching with that value in...
Can't Kill SPID “Transaction Rollback in Progress”
- I'm running into frequent Blocking on a Development Server.
I have been correctly the code or making recommendations to prevent this...
Dead lock issue
I am seeing lots dead lock. I am working on it to resolve the same. Need your help on this...
data loss for all published tables by adding article to replication?
- Hi there,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I try:
yesterday I added an article to our transactional...
Application does not work with named instances?!
- So I just have to ask this because I am a bit baffled and flabbergasted by this situation. In 9...
SQL installatin SLIPStrem
- I am the first time trying to use the FullslipStream download file to install SQL server 2012. the download is...
find the status of SQL Services on multiple servers
- I have a scenario where our DBAs and Server team planned for Maintenance, tonight.
We have more than 800 servers that...
Low Performance - High CPU Problem and others...
- Hello everyone,
I got the Problem, that my SQL Server has always 97-99% CPU usage. We have snapshot isolation mode enabled,...
Which one is best certification
- Dear Friends,
I have 2.5 years experience in SQL Development and BI tools (SSRS,SSIS).
Which one Certification is best for me. and...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Execute a sql job from AS400 command line
- I am trying to use this command to execute a sql job from an AS400 command line. I am having...
The Beer Cooler Thread
- On popular request - at least one! - a dedicated topic about beer.
I shall start with my favorite beer: Duvel.
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Query to Select data from a single table with mutliple conditions
I have a table with the below column headings.
Business Unit Document ID Document Date Year Period Account Descr Dept Product Project Analysis Code Affiliate Currency Base Amount USD Amount Line Descr Reference Vendor Vendor Name Module Doc Line # AP Distrib...
Thumbnail Sharepoint problem with reports from SSRS
My question is related to SSRS but not about SSRS, anyway, i want to display my reports in the thumbnail...
double hop issue for one db server and not for other
- i have report server/iis installed in one machine and different db servers (locally on another machines and in branches ). to...
String to Date conversion with day name
I have a csv file I use as a datasource and I need to pull the data into a table
Paramerters on DataFlow Task
- I have a scenario , where I need to fetch data from Database 1 (on Server 1) and insert into Database...
need to upload file daily cumulative
- I've been tasked in creating an ssis solution which extracts data once a day, loads specific fields and exports them...
Data flow mapping - ETL
I was wondering what do you guys use to map the data flow in ETL. I am looking at the...
- Hey I’ve a cube where I’d like to implement security access on different measures and calculated members
I've a calculation...