Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Best Practice for Database Owner?
- I have a SQL 2005 server with a dozen databases in production use. I'd like to know what is recommended...
avoid columns data "" in ssis package
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssis package
source data come text file that file contain data like
separate numericstring values in ssis
- Hi friends i have small doubt in ssis package .how to solve issue
flat file source data contains like
id , name...
Problem with SSIS job running in SQL Agent
- I'm new in BI and technology in general so bear with me. I completed a lot of work in our...
How to insert new record for a user having multiple records by performing lookup?
I have one table called Student. The source for loading the table is StudentHistory.
My Scenario is i have a single...
How to Compare Data between to servers based in Id's
- Hi All,
I have a requirement like, Identify the out of sync records from two servers. I have Id's to pass...
RS SOLUTION - Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)
- I've been pulling my hair out with this problem. I can create reports in BI Studio and see them return...
query: from mssql to myssql
- Like I posted before, I get the following error: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider...
How to read the values into sql server 2005
- hi all
Please help me to solve this..
Trouble Importing CSV. "Truncation" despite Varchar(max)
- I'm trying to import a .csv file. One column has text from a website comment filed, so there are all...
Mirroring and performance
- hi, anyone know how to maintain the performance of database while mirroring. Because we notice that the system become slower...
How to Use SQL Profiler
I want to trace all sql,stored proc with sql server profiler. So that I may able to extract top resource...
Running package in a loop
- I have a pacakge that pulls the data from the table for a month. It runs on the first of...
Automating Excel via SSIS and SQL Agent
I have encountered an issue on a project that I'm rather struggling with and I'm hoping someone has encountered something...
windows file system operation
- I am working on windows server 2003.
I have a file 'target.file' at local. There is a 'target' folder on network...
Maintenance Plan Question
- I have a extremely time consuming query that times out whenever it runs. To cure the issue, I created a...
Slow Update Processing - Badly Written Code ?
- I'm at a new place, trying to find my way around. There's an import/update process that runs very slowly and...
- Hi. I have a table & I need to transpose/pivot some of the columns into rows. The column that needs to...
- i run a Tsql query that move's a file from one computer to another
set @sql='move '+@file1+' '+@file2
EXEC master..xp_cmdshell @sql , NO_OUTPUT...
SQL backup with Block-Level technology
I am running Block-Level Backup software on all my servers. The backup software provider recommends putting my SQL Server Databases...
Help - Can't query a single table
- Hi All,
I have a table in SQL Server 2000 that cannot be queried. Even a simple "select count(*) from dbo_tblAllocations"...
compare the value in a column against multiple databases
- Using SQL 2000
I have a table in Database A, lets call it customer.
In the customer table there are several columns...
Round to Even (aka Banker''s Rounding) - The final function
Since the other thread was trainwrecked, but since there is indeed a problem with the function as currently written, I...
SQL Server Express - automatic Backup
I have SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition on a server.
I need to backup my database (small db) on a...
summary of servers
- i have to prepare the summary of servers (current state) and recommendations for future state
can any one help me out.
- i have to Assess server landscape
–OS/patch level reviews
can any one help me out regarding Virtualization reviews.
what does it...
Best way to store data in table
I have aprox 70,000 words and want to store this data in DB, for this there are two ways...
- differences b/w transactionall vs peer to peer ?
Create table Table1 (ID INT P.K, OrderDate Date))
1. The table has clustered index on ID.
Afterwards we have partitioned the table...
Indexing for Partitioned tables.
- Hi All,
I'm doing some R&D on Partitioning,
If we create index on a partitioned table the index will be partitioned...
- I am developing an application which uses sql server express.so there are so many database which need to have security.So...
Bidirectional Foreign Key problem in Dynamics CRM
- Hi all,
I manually edited a Microsoft Dynamics CRM database (big mistake) and now I have to clean the things up.
What, if any, is the best type of replication for implementing on hundreds of databases on one server?
- Hi all,
We have a 2 node (active/passive) SQL 2008 SP1 Enterprise Cluster that hosts about 500 databases.
Now while the Cluster...
List of some good MSBI, MS SQL Books to Buy Version 2008, 2012 for Development Purpose
- [size="3"][font="Courier New"]Hi All,
I am working in the field of MSBI and MS SQL development and its really good working in...
TSQL Optimization - CASTing and CURSOR
Is CASTing cost an additional overhead to the query? I need to optimize our database initialization and i reviewing some...
Executing SQL Server Jobs from a remote server
I have a remote SQL 2012 server on which I am not allowed to create linked servers, run SSIS,...
Strip leading zeros of a field and add a zero to the back of a field.
- Hi Guys
I have a field called Account.
It consits of the following sample data.
I need a script that will strip the...
Here minibgtime and maxendtime are in below format
datediff (Mi,Cast((minibgtime) as datetime), Cast((maxendtime) as datetime))/60) as Total_Minutes
Where to push-pin the object explorer?
- It's a silly question but I couldn't find a answer, I don't know what quick key I touched but the...
How to script profiler trace to save results to a table ?
- Hi all,
I created a trace in Profiler GUI. I set it to save results to a table and it is...
- Hello Everyone
I have one task
I need to do pivoting
create table #Temp1
insert into #Temp1 values (2012,'2012-08-30...
Error reading a csv (already open in Excel) using SSIS
I'm loading data into a table from a csv file using a data flow task.
If the file is already open...
i want to find the group members.
- i am having the code for finding group members when i am executing in ssms 2008 r2 i am getting...
Date in BCP out file name
How can I insert current date in BCP out file name?
I use this command, in SQL JOB step (type: Operating...
Display on Month and Year from date formula ??
I want to display only MM/YY from the formula of @enddate -21??
Merge Replication: Event ID 14151
- Hey All, I'm in the process of setting up Merge Replication on two test databases before I roll it out...
T SQL statement issue
I have a requirement as follows:
CREATE TABLE #temp
INSERT INTO #temp
SELECT '2013-01-01', 10,1,'ABC'
SELECT '2013-01-01', 10,1,'---'
TSQL joined Views
- Hi all
I am having some problems understanding this one.
I have a stored proc (written by the developers), that's using up...
Delimited Values + Generic Query
I have to write a generic query for the below requirement.
create table swift_spec(
bra_code varchar(5) not null,
How To Make Unique Constraint Case Sensitive ?
- I Have Table With Column With DataType Varchar(50) Which Is Having A Unique Constraint On That.
For Example : I want To...
NEWID() - How does it work?
- Okay, I have generalize SQL quesiton that I think belongs in this forum more than the General Quesitons.
Find Row Number Based on Column Information
- Hey Guys,
I'm trying to find the ItemCode of the TreeType 'S' Above the Line that I'm running the query...
- Hi All,
how to use the groupingsets to a query having more than 32 columns
plz help out
Loading T-SQL Statements from a database
- I want to call all of my heading from table A and call my select statements from Table B.
Every 3rd Friday of the Month
- I'm trying to find every 3rd friday of the month
The Following code retruns for the current month
Query - Pulling Data from another table
- I am getting a tad frustrated and was wondering if you can help:
I have a Pitch Values Table with the...
date problem in flat source
- Hello everyone,
So I really am a newbie and I have a flat source ( csv file ) with some dates. But all...
it takes too long to insert data to different tables
I was trying to dump data from a Temp table to 4 different tables (Computers, ComputerInfo, Vulnerabilities, and AuditInfo) in...
Clustered indexed primary key not in asc order when selected
- Hi All,
I have a table that has a primary key which is a clustered index.
However when I select data based...
Creating a Ref Number usning letters and numbers.
- I have a column on my database called Booking Number this is to be used on correspondence etc however I...
Delete taking time due to foreign keys
- Dear All
We have a base table and 10 other tables related with foreign keys to this. One of the foreign...
Update query will not run?
- The following query gives me a random date between 1 and 28 days after the arrival date:
SELECT ArrivalDate, DATEADD(day, 1...
Max Server Memory
- We just took over a small network with 2k3 running Sql 2005. We virtualized it, per customer requirement, and seeing...
SqlServer 2012 and Windows XP
- Most of the machines in my office are still on Windows XP. I built a little database in Access so...
- I have been asked to provide documentation on where SQL Server displays messages for login auditing. We set the auditing...
Log Shipping Stanby Restore
- I am currently log shipping databases to a warm recovery server and my users would like to have read access...
SQL Server Cluster Installation Problem
I am installing SQL Server 2008 R2 as a new cluster (installing a single node first) on Windows Server 2008...
To setup an alert for balancing sql cluster nodes in the event of a failover
- Here's what I am really looking for...
We have a 2 node cluster setup in our environment, and in the recent...
How to relocate the msmdsrv.ini file for OLAP
- We recently purchased a high-performance SAN and I'm in the process of migrating stuff off from the old SAN drives...
i wish to move 'all' data for my teamserver databases to another Drive.
- hi there.
i have been doing some research on moving my Team Server Foundation Databases from one Drive, to another, on...
Track queries that caused index scan
- Hi there
I'm looking for a way to find the queries that are causing index scans on the SQL Server instance.I...
Transaction Logs Full
New here and new to the SQL administration.
I have a SQL server 2008 r2 with 3 data...
DBCC consistency error
- Hi Team
Last week we run dbcc command on few databases and found the below consistency errors in the database ,no...
SQL Cluster Gateway Info Lost on Node Move or Failure Simulation
- Hello All,
First time poster so if this has been asked, please forgive. I have searched the forums but didn't find...
Transaction Log Backup
- Our company has never backed up the transaction log file, and is now about 143 gig, with about 35 gig...
Differential backups rendered useless by backup device
- This is my situation. Hope someone can give some advice.
I created a maintenance plan for a production database that takes...
Script to Add User to all Databases
- Hello Everyone
I have lost my script that I use to add a user to all databases.
Does anyone have one handy...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
but can they replace SSRS?
- Do you know of alternatives to row and column quantitative reporting besides Qlikview and Tableau? I think both are smashing...
Problem with a report.
I have a Dataset with: Company, Depot, Account, Year Period, Ethical, Glaxo, Drug, Surgical, General, PI, Misc, Phone, PostCode, CustomerName,...
Hiding the Show/Hide details button on the Report Server
- Although you can make a folder invisible in the view list, if you click on show details, the folder shows...
Convert Currency in SSIS
has anyone used SSIS to convert currency based on a date from a table?
If I have a table with...
Flat File connection Manager - File Name, The Folder in File Name changes every time the package is reopoened and needs resetting
- Very strange issue.
I have SQL Tables and Im using a For Loop to split the table up via a variable...
SSIS ERROR LOGGING
can some body guide me best way to ERROR LOGGING in SSIS?
Thanks in Advance
Import from .Excel .xls failis on 2012
- ( Origally posted in the 2012 forum, but I haven't had any replies. apologies!)
I am seeking some assistance in troubleshooting a...
Can I use transactions for non database related control flow tasks
I have a package that has two tasks. The first is an SQL task which updates two tables (batch headers...
Export multiple files to Excel using SSIS
- Hi all
Can someone please help me with a link that has an example on how to export data to multiple...
- I have two related tables in my DSV. The first table called Test has a primary key column called test_id...