Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server "OFAP" returned message "ORA-12592: TNS:bad packet
- Please help us on the below issue
We have a linked server which fetches data from Oracle 11.2.0 (which was migrated...
Management Studio - Copy Database - How to set Default Folder
- Using the Management Studio Copy Database Wizard - is there a way to change the default destination folder for database and...
Any thoughts on this process?
This is more of generic programming question. We have a stored procedure which is used on many of our applications...
Copying Databases - Error - TempDB - Error: 823 Severity: 24 State: 7
- I'm trying to copy a few databases within the same server. Four of the database copies worked while two will...
Different between Application DBA and Production Support DBA
- anyone knows the different between Application DBA and Production support DBA? In my understanding, production support is the person whom...
How to Compare Data between to servers based in Id's
- Hi All,
I have a requirement like, Identify the out of sync records from two servers. I have Id's to pass...
can any body tell the output for expression by taking any 2 dates as example.
Is it possible to make an SQLCLR data type 'comparable'?
- I have a C# project to implement a complex number type and wanted to execute
[code="sql"]SELECT DISTINCT c1 FROM complex[/code]
problem to inshalling 2nd time SQL Server 2005
- TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Setup
i try inshall SQL server 2005 bt error comeout like this
"None of the selected features can...
CASE IN in where clause
- I am trying to select different data from a table depending on what the passed parameter value is. If the...
Extracting xml data from text column
- I'm very new sql server (oracle dba). I was assigned to work with sql server 2005. The user wants a...
Adding new subscriber to existing transactional replication setup
- I have a Transaction replication setup between
Server A – Publisher
Server B - Distributor and Subscriber which is running fine without...
How to Use SQL Profiler
I want to trace all sql,stored proc with sql server profiler. So that I may able to extract top resource...
Get the fractional part of a decimal with SSIS Expressions
- This shouldn't be too hard but I'm still having trouble getting the fractional part of a decimal number using SSIS...
Multiple Ole db sources to a single flat file destination
- Hello friends,
i have requirement where i have take data from different tables of sql server db, but here the important...
When does a variable get evaluated
I have a package scoped variable which gets its value from an expression:
replace((DT_WSTR, 30)(DT_DBDATE)GETDATE() ,"-","")
I use this variable to...
Unable to retrieve column information from the data source Error msg SSIS
- Hello -
I'm working on a SSIS Package I can Parse Query with no issue but as soon as I select...
Slow Update Processing - Badly Written Code ?
- I'm at a new place, trying to find my way around. There's an import/update process that runs very slowly and...
Weird Question About Querying with Dates
- Okay so this is a very odd situation, one that I have not seen before.
I'm trying to query a...
SQL Server 2000 Fulltext search error
I have Windows server 2003 SP2, with SQL server 2000 SP4.
Server has 36 GB ram (min-max set to 32 GB),...
- Hi I am trying to create a trigger to store an original ordered qty field when the data is inserted...
QuickBooks to SQL Server
- Does anyone have any ideas of ways to communicate between SQL Server and Quickbooks? I have found a couple of...
Service pack 3 for SQL Server 2008 R2
- Is service pack 3 is available for SQL server 2008R2 version? If it does then can you send me the...
- what is index online and index offline ?
While installing 2005 server am getting below error?Please let me know any one solutionHow to solve?
- While installing 2005 server am getting below error?Please let me know any one solutionHow to solve?
Name: Microsoft SQL Server 2005...
datatype for such a long integer
I got a dataset from somewhere which I have to store in sql server. It has one column which consists...
Function with 200+ IF statements!
- I have a lot of respect for the optimisation gurus on this forum so when one of these guys (Jeff...
Getting sporadic "severe error" on 2008 R2 SP2 instance
could you please give me a bit of advice.
We have one server with 2 SQL Server 2008 R2 instances running...
While, variable and table with nolock
When I looping a variable from a table with nolock hint in the while, then the execution time is bigger.
- Can any one list the difference betweein SQL 2005 vs SQL 2008 cluster ?
While installing 2005 server am getting this? how to solve plz?
- While installing 2005 server am getting this? how to solve plz?
Minimum Hardware Requirement (Warning)
Minimum Hardware Requirement
The current system does...
Date comparision logic....?
- Hi Team,
[b]select create_date, modify_date from sys.objects
create_date >='2010-04-02 16:59:23.267' and
(modify_date >='2012-01-28 15:43:46.077' or modify_date <='2012-12-28 15:43:46.077')[/b]
am using above query to display...
Select in scalar function - what am I doing wrong?
I'm trying to create the function below
CREATE FUNCTION checkLock (@van_id varchar , @nextdel DATETIME)
declare @locked as varchar = '0'
SSIS Package Configuration
I have compiling like 8 different packages to one solution to use one single package configuration file. I have all...
Rebuild and organize indexes based on page_count
- Hi all,
I have a job weekly, it runs on Sunday. The purpose is REBUILD/REORGANIZE all indexes in my database.
Does log gets truncated on full backup?
- I am using sql server 2008 r2 express. My doubt is related to log truncation.
If i do full backup of...
error while installing sql server 2008 r2 express in a windows 8 pc
- I was trying to install sql server 2008 R2 in windows 8 pc.
First i installed sql server 2008 r2 by...
- Hello Everyone
I hope that your day has been better than mine.
I have been working most of the day with a...
- Hi all,
i have one ssis package which has to read file name from table and assign it to one...
SQL Agent won't start after installing Full-text Search
- Last week I installed a new SQL 2008 R2 server. Got Agent configured and all was working. Today I ran...
SQL Server 2008 cluster upgrade
- Hi Team,
We have SQL Server 2008 active-passive cluster. We got requirement to upgrade it SQL Server 2008 R2.
Ran out of log space!!!
- An archiving process that moves data from my prod db to archive an db consumed my entire log drive. Both...
Display on Month and Year from date formula ??
I want to display only MM/YY from the formula of @enddate -21??
Average memory per query
- Hi All,
I want to know the average amount of memory spent per query, or the memory spent for each query...
DWH : Fact table : index creation.
- Below is the schema of my FACT table
table : Fact.POLICY
Size : 165 GB
Policy_transactional_ID (surrogate key )
How can we Group at particular set of records which come in a Sequence , If the sequence changes it would add the records to a new group.
- Lets say ,There are 4 columns with Primary Key Constraints
L1 L2 L3 Date Forecast
1 a x 01-jan 1.2
send mail not working when used with attachment
below is the script i have in SQL Server Agent.
SET ROWCOUNT 0
@profile_name = 'SQL Mail',
@recipients = '<firstname.lastname@example.org>',
@subject = 'subject',
@body = 'Please...
I was speaking with a client a few days ago and they said something that contrasted with what I had...
sp_send_dbmail, encryption of email content
- I have not found a way to encrypt an email sent from SQL Server. I'm not talking about the actual...
SSRS Application fails after about a month or so
I'm running SQLServer2008 on an XP SP3 box. All is well with the system except that SSRS seems to...
- Hi Friends,
Just wondering how do we uncompress the backup taken with "WITH COMPRESSION " option in SQL Server 2008
Has anyone used Data Domain storage for SQL 2008 backups?
- We are creating a Microsoft Failover Cluster with Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008. Our storage administrator would like...
xp_cmdshell access denied to desktop file when logged as administrator - why ?
- I am logged in as an administrator and each time i run the following query
exec master.dbo.xp_cmdshell 'dir c:\users\administrator.mydomainname\desktop\resumes\*.*'
Activity Monitor - % Processor Time Grayed Out
- Does anyone know why the % Processor Time area within Activity Monitor would be grayed out?
Need help with SQL query..
- [tbl_question] : questionId, question [tbl_answer] : answerId, questionId, answer, [tblTaskAnswer]: taskId, answerId table_task: taskId, name,....,
So in tbl_question there are two question...
Get distinct values into single column
- Hi -
I am having trouble writing a query to get the distinct values of a column grouping into a single...
All Possible Combinations Loop
I am trying to build something that combines all values of all variables using SQL Server. For Example:
Issue with crypt_gen_random
- This is my scalar function, which returns numbers between @min and @max (both included):
create function GetRandom(@min int, @max int)
- I have a Arrival date of 01/01/2012 the Departure date can be any date between 02/01/2012 and 29/01/2012 and needs...
Selecting very specific records ...
- In another thread I had a query where I needed to select only patient new admissions. The query finds the...
Count by 30 min interval query
- I need help in querying a table for volume by 30 minute interval by day month by month.
Table dbo.HisT contained...
SELECT from OPENDATASOURCE error
- I am trying to select from a table that is stored on a different server, I am using opendatasource. When...
Backing up & Restoring a DB
I have a db which I would like to backup and restore.
Currently I go to db, right click tasks and...
Revoking public Role Permissions not working
- Per my company's security policy, I need to revoke permissions to the public and guest roles to all objects. In...
Configuration sql 2008 cluster on san storage
- Hi All,
Iam unable to proceed with MSDTC storage configration where it fails with the folowing error:
No disk exists in available...
Mirroring restore rate very low (< 5 MB/sec) - database mirror stuck in "synchronizing" state for several hrs
- A production mirroring session started synchronizing this morning and at first the restore rate on the mirror server was at...
VMWare Virtual SQL Server Administration
- I need to find out what the concensus is on virtualizing SQL server.
I know that VMWare reports the more processors...
SQL Server Agent not running
I have a SQL Server Standard 2008 R2 instance running which was upgraded from the Express version. This is on...
Shrink Data file with truncateonly
I wanted to shrink a data file with the truncate only clause.Will i require to rebuild my indexes?
Does DBCC Page show included data?
- For my own interest I have been looking at DBCC IND and DBCC Page.
Regarding a non clustered index page I...
SQL 2008 Express Syncronization
Can SQL 2008 Express be syncronized with another SQL 2008 Express instance on another server. I would like to setup...
Fragmention even after rebuilding the indexes
- I Checked for fragmentation on my DEV Server and it was in the late 90's. So i decided i would...
When DB restored to different server will database mapping and permissions stay?
- On Server A I have a database the is overwritten daily by a database on another server [Server B]
What kind of license needed for implement mirroring on a virtual mechine?
- Hi Friends,
I have to implement mirroring or other DR on VM ware. here my question is What kind of licenses...
Agent Jobs Query
I would like to check each morning if my agent jobs have completed successfully. What would be the best method...
collecting a count of errorlogs using posh
- Hi, I am running a script to collect a count of all errors in the current error log using smo,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SSRS Parameters - Autocomplete
It is possible to have the autocomplete features in a SSRS report parameter?
Thanks in advance!
LIKE statement with Parameter Problem
- Hi, I am trying to add a LIKE statement to a query in report builder 3.0 with a parameter like...
Changing the SendFrom Email address for data-driven subs
- I have recently setup my first data driven subscription without a hitch :w00t:
However, I now need to be able to...
Export multiple files to Excel using SSIS
- Hi all
Can someone please help me with a link that has an example on how to export data to multiple...
Looking for a way to move files from a dynamic source location to another dynamic archive location
- I got the following situation:
A database with a settings table and archive tables.
(In the setting table we store the location...
- Hi All,
i have been using ssis for few years now
i have used most of the components/task but never script task
check contents of a text file
I am using the Konesans file watcher to watch for a file (status.txt) to change.
The file contains only one line...
- I have two related tables in my DSV. The first table called Test has a primary key column called test_id...
Named sets in SSAS
I'm creating named sets in SSAS. I happen to be using 2012 but don't think that this has any effect...