Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Management Studio - Copy Database - How to set Default Folder
- Using the Management Studio Copy Database Wizard - is there a way to change the default destination folder for database and...
Problem in avg_page_space_used_in_percent value in fragmentation
I have some confusion so i required some help.
I am using below statement in sql server to reduce fragmentation
Any thoughts on this process?
This is more of generic programming question. We have a stored procedure which is used on many of our applications...
Copying Databases - Error - TempDB - Error: 823 Severity: 24 State: 7
- I'm trying to copy a few databases within the same server. Four of the database copies worked while two will...
How to configure mirrored DB on ODBC for failover
I am having a question on configuring mirror DB on ODBC. When a Principal DB goes down the mirror DB...
Different between Application DBA and Production Support DBA
- anyone knows the different between Application DBA and Production support DBA? In my understanding, production support is the person whom...
How to Compare Data between to servers based in Id's
- Hi All,
I have a requirement like, Identify the out of sync records from two servers. I have Id's to pass...
can any body tell the output for expression by taking any 2 dates as example.
i am newbie to Andorid development .. suggest me good material to this journey
Issue with OSQL
- Hi Friends,
Requirement : i have a table which contains around 40 columns of which name is a column which i use...
Performence on the basis of Column Names.
- Is there will any impact on the performence if the name of the temp table/table variable column's like [30-40], [Weightage...
Multiple Ole db sources to a single flat file destination
- Hello friends,
i have requirement where i have take data from different tables of sql server db, but here the important...
When does a variable get evaluated
I have a package scoped variable which gets its value from an expression:
replace((DT_WSTR, 30)(DT_DBDATE)GETDATE() ,"-","")
I use this variable to...
Weird Question About Querying with Dates
- Okay so this is a very odd situation, one that I have not seen before.
I'm trying to query a...
In a Jam - Need Some Help
I'm urgently working away at this but not able to solve my problem. I'm at the point of needing...
- Hello, I am trying to calculate a ratio, i am pretty sure the problem is in the line * SUM([SUMTOTALVOLUME])) FROM...
Database Design question regarding Normalized Tables
- Hey all,
Got a theoretical question for you guys. Let's say I have a table that contains information about a store....
SQL Suppression code FOXPR0 2.6 DOS
We need to write a few lines of sql that will compare one file (as dbf) to another. Then output...
Admin Office Asst/ Secretary/ Clerical !
- :-) Automotive Internet company looking for an Office Asst/ Secretary Asst. Must have good computer skills, word, excel, Outlook, ETC. Data...
601: Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to Data movement
- [b]SCENARIO 1[/b]
Hi, i'm getting the error msg 601: Could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to Data movement? - from...
using locks in sql server 2005
- i have one table, concurrently multiple users are hiting the table through insert action.
i have placed trigger on the table...
How to calculate total working hours of all the employees in specified dates.
I'm a learner, please help me by solving the following issue.
I have data of all employees whose login/logout times are...
If two users are performing same operation then the below stored procedure provides the output based on single context(combination of...
setup an alert for DB data file full
I need to set an alert when Database data file will exceed 90% or less then 5GB in SQL Server...
- what are the possible reasons for the sql services are not up ?
SSIS rounding decimals
I am importing several csv files into a database. The CSV files contain data in a decimal format, accurate to...
SQL Server 2008 cluster upgrade
- Hi Team,
We have SQL Server 2008 active-passive cluster. We got requirement to upgrade it SQL Server 2008 R2.
Need the details of the following concepts use in reporting services
- Hai to all
Iam deploying a code inthe reporting services which gives the grap of the following I want to Know...
Can any one please Share the 70-450(SQL Server MCITP-2008) exam dumps
- i need to configure alerts on the servers as part of DBA ,can any one send me the scripts to...
SQL Data warehouse poor performance
- Hi All
I require help with a performance issue we currently having. We have a data warehouse which processes and downloads...
How to Refresh Database from Production to DR
- Hi I am very new in SQL SERVER......
I have two database in two difference instances. Database A and Database B
Restore database + replication
I have a following situation:
There are 2 SQL Servers with same databases (one in production env and another for developers).
Removing Duplicate Values using Merge statement
- i have one issue i have one merge statement in my procedure :but after merging i am getting duplicate values...
I am looking for software that will do compression on MS SQL data files. I had a look at Red-Gate...
- Hi All,
I need to use sp_rename - [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188351.aspx[/url]
I need to use it for tables in the following way:
For an existing "table_name"...
Multiple SQL servers Consolidation to one Single SQL 2012 Cluster
- Hi, Experts.
I have a project which includes different 180 databases on around 18 different SQL servers with different versions (2000,2005,2008,2008...
Newb with SQL in school learning - class project help
- Okay here is my situation, I have a database that I had on my website and I want to use...
Export all tables of database to Excel
- Hi to everybody
How can I export [u]all tables of a database [/u]to one excel file (each table should be one...
What is the best way to access a sql server in another country using the public ip address?
- I can access my sql server when both of my computers are connected to a same router. However, when one...
- Quick one I probably should know this but....
1 SSRS server with 16b GB mem.
SQL set to MAX 10GB
SSAS set to...
SQL Jobs running after disabled?
SQL Jobs running after disabled, what could be issue? where should be troubleshooting?
I have done as below steps.
1. Disabled the...
Waring alters when the database (files MDF, NDF & LDF) reaching the MAX size.
- HI Frnds,
I need help on setting up alters when the database (files MDF, NDF & LDF) reaching the MAX size....
Display on Month and Year from date formula ??
I want to display only MM/YY from the formula of @enddate -21??
Clustered Key. (Making it unique).
(sp_SQLskills_SQL2008_helpindex: provided by Kimberly L. Tripp).
drawing_eid (identity field)
[code="plain"]index_keys: [client_eid], [drawing_eid]
columns_in_tree: [client_eid], [drawing_eid], UNIQUIFIER[/code]
Why is de UNIQUIFIER there?
(With drawing_eid as identity...
Average memory per query
- Hi All,
I want to know the average amount of memory spent per query, or the memory spent for each query...
DWH : Fact table : index creation.
- Below is the schema of my FACT table
table : Fact.POLICY
Size : 165 GB
Policy_transactional_ID (surrogate key )
All Databases Data & log file size, space used & free space loading into a Table.
- I am working on Capture database growth trends on a server.
I got little nice script from below Link and...
Split VLDB into Multiple data files
- We have an 600gb database as a single mdf and ldf. Due to various reasons, we are planning to split...
How to match a UNICODE NULL character within an nVarchar(128) string?
- Our content has been contaminated by UNICODE NULL characters in our SQL Server 2008 database that don't play nicely with...
Use an AD group for SQL Authentication
- Hi Guys,
Our Syspro system uses SQL authentication to connect the users to the database. We're migrating that server and I...
UPDATE - row by row vs batch
I'm wondering of the implications of two different update methods, say you're changing a bunch of titles from Mr to...
Get distinct values into single column
- Hi -
I am having trouble writing a query to get the distinct values of a column grouping into a single...
- Hi guys,
I am not sure it is possible or not but would like to ask here.
I want know...
Get number of unique values in group of columns
- Hi -
I have the following scenario and not sure of the best way to write the T-SQL query without a...
combining the results of multiple select statements in to a single row
I have a requirement to combine the results of multiple select statements in to a single row.
query 1 : select...
All Possible Combinations Loop
I am trying to build something that combines all values of all variables using SQL Server. For Example:
Issue with crypt_gen_random
- This is my scalar function, which returns numbers between @min and @max (both included):
create function GetRandom(@min int, @max int)
- Okay here is my situation, I have a database that I had on my website and I want to use...
Backing up & Restoring a DB
I have a db which I would like to backup and restore.
Currently I go to db, right click tasks and...
Revoking public Role Permissions not working
- Per my company's security policy, I need to revoke permissions to the public and guest roles to all objects. In...
XL to SQL
Log Shipping Issue
- I was trying to set Log Shipping on the Test server, but some how it didnt work... so now when...
Configuration sql 2008 cluster on san storage
- Hi All,
Iam unable to proceed with MSDTC storage configration where it fails with the folowing error:
No disk exists in available...
- Very first step while configuring the Ditribution.. error comes on last step :w00t:
Property LoginSecure cannot be changed or read after...
Log shipping between SQL Server 2000 and SQL 2008R2
- I am going to implement log shipping between 2000 (primary ) and 2008 R2 (secondary).
I found there are regular backups are...
Cluster Installation Time Out Issue
I want to create a failover cluster and always get the following error while creating the windows server cluster : Security...
Replicate a new table without taking a snapshot
- I have a 350 GB table that is replicated, and I need to rename. This will require replication to be...
Mirroring restore rate very low (< 5 MB/sec) - database mirror stuck in "synchronizing" state for several hrs
- A production mirroring session started synchronizing this morning and at first the restore rate on the mirror server was at...
SQL 2008 Express Syncronization
Can SQL 2008 Express be syncronized with another SQL 2008 Express instance on another server. I would like to setup...
Transaction Log Issues
The company I work for is currently using SQL server 2008 R2 SP2 Express Edition. Express Edition doesn't have the...
Configuration query for SQL 2008
- We are trying to use SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 to connect to a SQL Server 2012 deployment. When...
Fragmention even after rebuilding the indexes
- I Checked for fragmentation on my DEV Server and it was in the late 90's. So i decided i would...
Agent Jobs Query
I would like to check each morning if my agent jobs have completed successfully. What would be the best method...
SSIS ForEach Loop Container - loop through all DB's
- I am trying to get the FELC to loop through all the databases for my sql server. I want to...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
LIKE statement with Parameter Problem
- Hi, I am trying to add a LIKE statement to a query in report builder 3.0 with a parameter like...
Problems with transactional replication to a reporting server
- We are using transactional replication to our report server. There are a couple of problems that have developed over the...
How to automate validation process
We have the following scenario: We receive CSV files every month for which SSIS packages were built to process the...
Integration Services. Exporting to multiple CSV Files based on a Column in the table as a variable
I seem to have completely forgotten how to do this and cant make it work
I have a SQL Table...
Reading Data From XML through Script component
- Goal : Need to pull data from XML file (800MB).
Note: I tried to do with XML task and XSLT but couldn't...
configure list of email addresses in XML file
When deploying my package using XML configuration, I have a variable called [User::strEmailList]
This is used to evaluate the expression for...
SSIS Config Wizard failing on SQL Server config
- We have a SSIS package that has been developed in VS2008. Our company standard is to have package configuration enabled...
SSIS package for DWH Load
- Hi All,
Please suggest the best option for designing SSIS package for DWH load.
Here is the scenario.
I have two star schema...
Connecting to CRM 2011 Web Service using SSIS 2008
- I would like to backup MS Dynamics CRM 2011 Online using SSIS. My current code allows me to download known...
Named sets in SSAS
I'm creating named sets in SSAS. I happen to be using 2012 but don't think that this has any effect...
Aggregation of an MDX calculated measure when multiple time periods are selected
- In my SSAS cube, I have several measures defined in MDX which work fine except in one type of aggregation...
Calculations tab SCOPE
- Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with some scope syntax in the calculations tab. I'm trying test the following: