Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Database in Recovery mode from last 7 days.
Please any one can help me, how to recover databases or change status from in recovery to normal. i had...
Track all DB Growth for the Server
I would like to store the database growth (Data file size + Index Siie) into a table and send an email?
Restoring DB with Full Text Catalog files
- I received a 2005 .bak file from a third party. I create a db (a mdf and ldf file) on...
What is Index key Value in SQL SERVER 2005
- Hi All,
I have a question because i confused........
[b]>> What is Index Key Value ?[/b]
Can any one explain with proper example.
Change MSSQLSERVER Service password on all SQL Instances
- Hi SQL experts!
Problem of the week to solve is to change the SQL Server Service account (MSSQLSERVER) password. I use...
Idera SQL DM
I'm currently using Idera SQL DM to pull back the following metric:
- Disk Reads / Sec
Is there any reason why this...
Comparing two rows
I want to compare string type values between two rows within a table.
Pls help me to do this.
SPLIT Range in partition table
- Whenever I use following function, I get one process blocked by other process. Any idea why is like that.
MODEL transaction log growing
- Hello All,
Our support team has recently received 3 calls from our customer stating the transaction log for the MODEL database...
loading data from multiple tables to multiple tables in other database?
loading data from multiple tables to multiple tables in other database
Unable to Connect Reporting Services (2008R2) in SSMS
- Dear All,
I am facing some problem in connecting the Reporting Services (2008R2).
it is throwing the following error.
TITLE: Connect to Server
Removing column headers in CSV export file
when I export report to CSV file through sql reporting, header row is included, but there is no header row...
Table data Corrupted
- While Fetching record from a table we are getting below error for few records.
Error:-Msg 823, Level 24, State 2,...
Error in creating the new data source in Cognos Adaptive Warehouse 10.1.1
I am not able to create the data source in IBM Cognos Adaptive Warehouse 10.1.1, The test for the connection...
List of parameters having default values
- I need a query / way to get the list of parameters in stored procedures in my database having default values...
Merge Replication - Agent jobs maintaining data
- I am just learning about replication, as I have been asked to set up a merge replication for one of...
remote path is not the default path on ftp
- i created a package following this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/140850/how-to-avoid-ssis-ftp-task-from-failing-when-there-are-no-files-to-download
it's working except that the ftp task will not go to the specified remote...
Rename a file (stripping off a date) or importing a file with a different file name
- I am downloading files once a week and put into a network folder. I need to distribute files to different...
Select Distinct last records
- i have a table with three fields
it has alot of data....how i can select last entry for all distinct banks...
daily weekly monthly calculate sum
- hi guys, i need urgent sql query,kindly help me
i need sql output like
given parameter @startdate and @enddate->01/01/2011 to 01/01/2012
Could not create an acceptable cursor
First time poster here, I'm having problems with an update statement at the moment, with an error I've not seen...
How to add two column and the to put the result on the next row?
- [center]column1--- column2--- result
50 ------ 1500----- 1550
100----- - 1550----- 1650
40----- - 1650----- 1690
30----- - 1690----- 1720
Now I do have the value...
Can someone please clarify my below doubt
I have a database on which 2 tables are corrupted, I dont have good...
DB Designig for City details with multiple webservices
- I am working on travel application, so we have to deal with different web services like GTA, Gallileo, Kuoni etc...
- I have a server having 20 DB's..... suddenly itis functioning slow.. i am sure that the Re-indexing needs to be...
error while casting a column name
- [quote]Set FormattedValue = CASE
Then CAST(#PointedMslValues.Value AS NUMERIC(18,cAST(rg.ReferredDecimalPoints) )
more cases .
I am generating a dynamic query which is giving...
PIVOT -all columns will be null..how to solve?
- In PIVOT ,i couldn't find out ,,what things went wrong..anyone can solve this?
/****** Object: Table [dbo].[paymentHistory] Script Date: 02/06/2013 13:56:10...
How to update on condition based?
- I want to update data on condition based, if condition met then only update else left it.
I was using CASE...
I need a plan to cleans all the tables in a database for every 9 months.
- I need a plan to cleans all the tables in a database for every 9 months.
what are the best...
Error while querying Linked server
- Hi all, I am a newbie to SQL Server. I have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed on a server machine...
SQL Server features and VMWare
- At a meeting the other day a developer mentioned how some SQL Server features become either insignificant or obsolete in...
If or case staement in a where?
I have this in a where :
CASE WHEN @InfoKey = 5 THEN
CLIENT_IDENTIFIER_TYPE.Code IN (028,029,030)
CLIENT_IDENTIFIER_TYPE.Code = @Code
Log Shipping Simple question re: full backup involvement
- I am after a clear picture of log shipping and all the references I can find do not explain 1...
Intermittent Stored Proc long running issue.
I have an interesting (at least to me) case of a stored procedure that is intermittently running long. These are...
Catch Data between symbols in SQL
- Hi geniuses,
I need to catch some data from a column named AllLevels, that contains, in each line:
I want to be...
Preprocessing Files SSIS
- Hello everyone,
I'm trying to process files that have NUL characters w/a black background.
Looks like a block. The client wants...
Save and menage SSMS client messages
- Hi guys,
you know, there are some commands that generate client messages (those messages that are generated and shown inside the...
Could not login after changing domain account.
- Hi all,
I installed a SQL instance on my computer. Here is info:
Instance name: DTDUNG\MSSQLSERVER
Login Mode: Window Authentication
Domain user: T\dtdung
Is it possible to use a case statement inside a cursor?
- I have to update a group of records but I need to make some comparison before actually making the update....
Staging table population - advice needed
- I have a process like this:
STEP 1: Data files get loaded into a staging database.
STEP 2: Phonetic Keys table get...
What is proper way of indexing on a table which contain large amount of data
- Hi experts,
I have to optimize a database. I have almost done everything(modified stored procedures, implemented index also). But I...
Performance Issue - understanding query plans
We have a query with a bad performance issue. (28 hours to run).
I have been looking at the estimated...
How to use table valued function as part of select statement in sql server
- I want to use table valued function as part of select statement in sql server.
Below is example
INSERT INTO @Table...
SQL Function takes more than 2 hours to return a table..
- I have a function with cursors which returns a table in SQL Server 2008. On executing the query which calls...
how to find result for this table
- PaymentHistoryID paymentID Amount receivedType Reason
1 11 5000.00 Dr ASD
2 12 4000.00 Cr BG
3 11 8000.00 Cr BG
4 11 3000.00 Dr SD
5 11 3000.00 Cr ASD
6 13 50000.00 Cr ASD
7 13 50000.00 Cr ASD
8 13 1000.00 Cr ASD
9 13 500.00 Cr ASD
This is my table………..
pls help me at email@example.com
Payment ID Amount(dr-cr) Reason
11 5000-3000=2000 ASD
11 0-8000=-8000 BG
Import Excel using OPENROWSET only works for SA
- In our development environment web application we're uploading excel files to the SQL server and importing them using openrowset. This...
- Question1: How can a user, say User1, be able to lock a row, say Row1, and any dependent rows, say...
linked server using JDBC?
- ca I create a linked server in MSSQL 2008 using a JDBC driver (located in a file)? How?
PIVOT data, when table design is funny
- Hi all!
Is there an easy way to pivot data into another table, when the design of the first table is...
DELETE against same table that has INSERTS
- How do we avoid blocks or performance down grade against a table that has deletes and inserts against it?
t-sql update trigger
- In a sql server 2008 r2 database, I am working with triggers for the first time. In an update trigger,...
DECLARE @NUMERO VARCHAR(15)
RESULT - 0090888
Is there a way to do this in...
Error converting data type varchar to numeric
- I get this error when using this function:
[code="sql"]CREATE FUNCTION dbo.[PSBPR_FormatData] (@DataValue DECIMAL(15,4),
DECLARE @FormattedData VARCHAR(20)
SELECT @FormattedData = CASE WHEN @DataType...
UNION vs OR --> NP-Complete Problem
- I have recently read about this in the below link.
I just heard about "NP-Complete Problem" first time :)
From Joe Celko...
Finding patterns in rows (date ordered)
- Dear All,
Here's the background - I have a table of staffids and the shifts/durations worked - with usually 1 shift worked per...
Issue with crypt_gen_random
- This is my scalar function, which returns numbers between @min and @max (both included):
create function GetRandom(@min int, @max int)
- Hi all. I hope you can lend a hand to my sore head!
I have to write a query to work...
What is the syntax for querying an oracle linked table in access 2007
- I have an oracle linked table in an access 2007 database that is linked via an odbc connection.
I have not...
- I am trying to load tables from sql server to oracle using import/export wizard in SQL Server. Only 2 tables...
Adding new columns to a table using the datepart function SQL
- Morning Everyone,
I have just started training on SQL and was wondering if you could help with a problem I...
Nested SQL Query - % of Group Total
- Hello. I am having trouble getting the correct query for this. What I want to do is:
Group Type Amount
- Good Morning
I am new to T-Sql and I have been taske with creating a simple Time table with four columns:
- Hi gurus
I would like to know how can I tell wich of the two sql in my cluster is the...
CASE WHEN date condition
- Good morning! :-)
I'm having a little issue with a CASE statement with a date condition. So basically all I need...
- Hi Everyone,
I have been trying learn SQL Server by myself from quite some time. While today when I was trying...
SQL Log Shipping out of sync - Comparing Log shipping Primary and Secondary Servers
- Hello all,
I have a SQL log-shipping High availability setup from a Primary Server to a Secondary Server which ships transactional...
I have windows 2003 Server with SQL Server 2005 and Windows 2008 with SQL 2008 R2
Is there any difference in...
Cannot view Report Server Jobs in management studio
- Good Day
Please assist, trying to view the Report Server jobs in management studio, but its blank, can view the shared...
To Re-index all indexes for a table.
- Hi All,
I have to do re-index of all the indexes on a particular table, however, when I go to database...
SQL Server analysis report
I need help building a SQL Server installation, database, IO, ... report.
I ran DMV queries and some parts of sp_Blitz from...
Cannot obtain LOCK resource at this time :sick:
- Hi All,
I got following Problem on my SQL Server :
The instance of the SQL Server Database Engine cannot obtain a...
I've a customer that has a weird infrastructure implemented to store his customers databases.
He has 4 SQL Servers, with 1...
Granting sysadmin rights to local admin to a db
- I need to give sysadmin rights to a local admin to only one database on the server. There are 100...
Sanity Check - Ola Hallengren Job sheduling
I am setting up Ola's SQL Server Maintenance solution and I am not entirely sure about the setting up of...
SSIS - Database Transfer Wizard - @flags parameters is not valid
- I'm trying to use copy database wizard to make a copy of a SQL Server 2005 database (9.0.3042) on a...
Hardware requirements for Central Management Server on SQL Server 2008 R2
- For the life of me I cannot seem to find hardware requirements for CMS on SQL Server 2008 R2. Are...
one issue about transactional replication in SQL Server 2008.
- Hi all,
There is one problem about transactional replication in SQLServer 2008.
After configuring the replication, there will be three jobs 'Distribution...
Creating a new Management Data Warehouse and removing the old one
- When I took on the Role of DBA, i inherited some leftovers from the previous DBA. One such leftover was...
SQL Maintenance job - Manual run/Scheduled run
- Hi All,
We have a weekly full backup job, daily differential backup job and hourly transaction log backup on our servers....
cdosysmail works for a few days then stops
- I am having an issue with cdosysmail. I am using this to send me an alert to tell if a...
Employer asking for Social Media login?
- I've never experienced this but found it bizarre. If I was ever asked to provide access to my social media...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
- Looking for comments on the Discourse.org framework. It's potentially a direction we could move the forums from SSC in. Not...
The permissions granted to user 'server\username' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
- Trying to copy our Production Report Services over to a new machine. Really know almost nothing about it. Copied the...
Creating Variables in Reporting Services
- Is there a way to create variables in the 2005 version? There are two tabs on the Layout screen called...
How to implement this formula?
- Hi All,
This the formula they have written in crystal reports.How to implement this one in SSRS2008R2?
Shared StringVar sNewBranch;
StringVar sPrintMe := "yy";
SQL report returning slowly
- I have a report running on our production Reporting Web server that is just spinning. When I run the procedure...
Extremely slow report rendering in SSRS 2008 R2 in Internet Explorer 8
- With some reports that I have written for SSRS 2008 R2, the performance is problematically slow when the number of...
How to update SSIS package on sql server
I have a ssis package in production. It is been deployed longtime back. Now we have got an requirement to...
Calculated measure based on dimension attribute repeats
- I'm new to SSAS so bear with me.
I have a calculated measure based on an attribute in one of my...
Report Builder 3.0 - Merging cells vertically in a table
- I am trying to create a table with some cells merged vertically. The table is static, and is therefore not...