Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
DB File Extension
- I noticed that one database file does not have an extension and the type is just File. I have an...
Lot Of Blockings in production server
one of our production server we are getting lot of Blockings
i found the blocked process
i fired below queries
SQL Agent Job Sudden Failure, Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.
- I have a scheduled job (runs every Friday at 5am) that has been running since 9/2011. Suddenly, the job failed...
update statisticsin sql
- how long the update statistics job used to run on the largest database(of size 1300GB)
Can't start SQL Server service as Network Service
- I have a development server that is running SQL Server 2005. I was asked to install a new instance for...
Issue in deadlock in our production server
- We are facing dead lock issue on prod database, and checked sp_who2 lot of blocking is there, more than 25...
Delete with TABLOCK
- [b]To delete rows in a heap and deallocate pages, use one of the following methods.
Specify the TABLOCK hint in the...
collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
We have sql server 2005 reporting services on server A & its databases on Server B. I'm seeing the below error...
error creating a linked server from sql server 2005 to 2000
- Ok, I'm trying to create a linked server connection going from a 2005 to a 2000 server. This is what...
- Hello everyone ... i have been searching and searching for a good way to email alert me when my sql cluster...
Backup DB with no messages
- Is there a way to suppress the backup messages during a backup?
Processed 256 pages for database 'TestDb', file 'TestDB' on...
SSAS converts NULL values into string 'NULL'
- SSAS converts empty fields into string text 'NULL'. I found out because my report shows NULL as string value. Running...
help needed for sql query
- I am working on sql 2005. I have a table wherein it maintains the history of status
Customer Status CreatedDate LastUpdateDate
Editing replication stored procedures
Just wanted a high level answer really on whether or not it is a good idea to alter the sql...
DTExec succesfull in CMD window, fails in Agent Job
- I am tasked with processing an excel file and the file is password protected. To do this, I have a...
File System Task > Move Files > Error - Process cannot access the file because its being used by another process
I have 2 foreach loop containers within my control flow:
The first foreach loop container loops through a directory and loads...
Problem referring to a SSIS variable inside Script task
I have a very simple Foreach loop container, where it specifies very simple Foreach File enumerator and refers to a...
Explicitly defining namespace in For XML query
- I need to mimic the Namespace of a legacy app exactly.
It should look like this:
When I put in my...
Selection Of Sql Server Version
- I am starting a very big project from the scratch.Till now i was using sqlser2005 with Visual Studio.Net2008....Now as my...
some one please help me to read this xml-data from a XML variable
I have a @xml variable, I need to read this variable and to insert the values into my table in...
Database Design question regarding Normalized Tables
- Hey all,
Got a theoretical question for you guys. Let's say I have a table that contains information about a store....
Problem with Full Text Searching
- I have one table in sql server say example
Table Name candidates
Test table contains some columns
cid , cname,c_resume
cid in Int...
How to add two column and the to put the result on the next row?
- [center]column1--- column2--- result
50 ------ 1500----- 1550
100----- - 1550----- 1650
40----- - 1650----- 1690
30----- - 1690----- 1720
Now I do have the value...
Help Re Indexing
- Hi, I have a 28 GB SQL 2000 Database that is in need of a re index. I am currently...
Count Decimal Places
- i'm trying to count the number of decimal places in a field.
e.g. mynumber decimal 9 (18,9)
Len(mynumber) result = 11
"collapsed" by default
- When we're using excel to browse a cube the dimensions and measures in the pivot table field list are always...
SSIS package fail - sometimes
At last we ditch SS2000 and start new with SS2008R2 for our reporting database!
I have a re-written job package running...
what will be the maximum value of Statistics Logins/sec
- what will be the maximum value of Statistics Logins/sec?
Security folder in SSMS
- In SQL server management studio there are two security folders.One under the server and another one under each database. I...
how to assess server landscape related to virtualization.
- how to assess server landscape related to virtualization.
what are the inputs that i need to consider
trace scrubbing tool
- I need to find a trace scrubbing tool for my traces.
the zip file at : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa175800(v=sql.80).aspx does not download.
Can anyone help!
How to use table valued function as part of select statement in sql server
- I want to use table valued function as part of select statement in sql server.
Below is example
INSERT INTO @Table...
SQL Function takes more than 2 hours to return a table..
- I have a function with cursors which returns a table in SQL Server 2008. On executing the query which calls...
BACKUP failed to complete the command maintenance plan
- Hi, Guys
i schedule the backup using maintenance plan.
Error is: 3041, severity: 16, state: 1
Error message is:
BACKUP failed to complete the...
how to find result for this table
- PaymentHistoryID paymentID Amount receivedType Reason
1 11 5000.00 Dr ASD
2 12 4000.00 Cr BG
3 11 8000.00 Cr BG
4 11 3000.00 Dr SD
5 11 3000.00 Cr ASD
6 13 50000.00 Cr ASD
7 13 50000.00 Cr ASD
8 13 1000.00 Cr ASD
9 13 500.00 Cr ASD
This is my table………..
pls help me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment ID Amount(dr-cr) Reason
11 5000-3000=2000 ASD
11 0-8000=-8000 BG
Are there tools for automating of SQL Databases and Applications deployment?
- Are there any tools on the market for automating of SQL Databases and Applications deployment? I do not mean installation...
Problem with a subquery format
- Hello all!
I am trying to run the following query
The requirements are to compare all the records created today vs C.dcreated...
Scalar function too slow
- I created a function which basicallly takes the following input:
then performs various checks on the name details to determine a...
Trigger to insert into a new table from a deleted row.
1.- What would be the code to insert some columns from a deleted record into a different table.
2.- Can I...
How to use Select within select in the same Select statement..??
- [font="Courier New"][size="3"]Hi All,
I Have table where it includes fields model_size, model_type, actual_qty, process_qty, order_type. Now I want to display all...
- I seem to be struggling with something that I thought was fairly straight-forward originally when I started designing the database...
Advices for best practices for configuring MS SQL Server system databases?
I need some advices and best practices regarding the size of MS SQL Server system databases. We use MS SQL...
Create a Column That holds the SUM of values in the same field where The Invoice Number is the same
- First, sorry for the confusing title.
I am looking for a way to sum the values based on the customerid and...
Backup Time for 2 TB DB
- I am using SQL 2008 R2 before I start backup want to know how long it will take to do...
SQL Login error from client computer
- [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
I can not connect to the SQL from the Other PC which...
logical consistency-based I/O error
when i want to see properties of one data base ,or run maitenancetools or backup sqlserver give me this...
Unable to Upload Files into FILESTREAM col
I have successfully created a table with a column of VARBINARY(MAX) data type and its FILESTREAM is set.
I then linked...
SSIS 2008 Script Component error
I'm using Script component in SSIS 2008. This is the error I received when I'm done writing the script.
UNION vs OR --> NP-Complete Problem
- I have recently read about this in the below link.
I just heard about "NP-Complete Problem" first time :)
From Joe Celko...
Delete from Two tables in Single Statement (without Cascading)
- Table A
I want to delete...
sql server permissions on triggers
- In a sql server 2008 r2 database I just added 3 triggers to a specific table. Can you tell me...
Cumulative sum based on criteria
- Hey all,
I am trying to go through this table (see attached), and then for every change in LOC_Zone, record the...
Transaction scope for a batch
- Hi everyone,
I wanted to know what is the transaction scope for the following batch. Does SQL Server commit the changes...
Finding patterns in rows (date ordered)
- Dear All,
Here's the background - I have a table of staffids and the shifts/durations worked - with usually 1 shift worked per...
Link server locking tables
- hello SQL world-
i am trying to copy tables form server A to server B using a link server. is there...
Issue with crypt_gen_random
- This is my scalar function, which returns numbers between @min and @max (both included):
create function GetRandom(@min int, @max int)
split string to three parts
- I have a comma delimited string that's made up of 3 parts:
Word1, Word2, Word3
I want to spli the string and...
Grouping timespans by the avg time per weekday
- Hi There
Long time - no see. I would appreciate a bit of help on a query I have to write.
execution plan window
- I am trying to observe the graphic execution plan, but my query is big. Is there any way that I...
Help to diagnose LCK_M_IX Query
- Hi all,
I have a query that is stuck (running for few hours but normally takes 2-5 mins)..
SQL Server 2008 R2 shutdown / startup procedure
- I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 2-node cluster running Windows Enterprise 2008 R2 and SQL Server standard Edition 2008...
Failover Cluster Upgrade 64Bit
- Hi everyone,
we had to Upgrade RAM to our Servers running on Windows Server 2008 32 Bit. In Order to use...
Cluster Validation fails to check Storage
- Hi All,
I am getting an error while validating the cluster.
Writing to sector 11 on disk with identifier 589e0435 from...
Need suggestions on replication
We are implementing a new architecture for one our modules. There are 100 tables in the database and out of...
Sanity Check - Ola Hallengren Job sheduling
I am setting up Ola's SQL Server Maintenance solution and I am not entirely sure about the setting up of...
- Dear Experts
How to use token in sql agent job or alert to send data to operator about alert like database...
Handshake error without specifying SSPI?
- Hi There,
I use a connection string as follows to connect to my SQL Server:
[code="other"]Data Source=IPADDRESS;Initial Catalog=DATABASENAME;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=USER;Password=PASSWORD;Asynchronous Processing=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True;Connection...
- I am using XML format file to import CSV files using BCP.
I use the following syntax.
[quote]bcp dbname.dbo.tablename in "c:\files\test.csv" /T...
Avamar Transaction Log Backup Issue
We just recently started using Avamar to backup everything including an hourly SQL server transaction log backup. The issue we’re...
Creating a new Management Data Warehouse and removing the old one
- When I took on the Role of DBA, i inherited some leftovers from the previous DBA. One such leftover was...
Registered Server List
- Hi All!
Is it common practice to keep an current Registered Server List in a central location for members of the...
Database Mail Stopped Working
- Database Mail on our production server was working fine until about mid-morning today. Nothing has changed on the server that...
Existing Table division
- I have a table "Claim" which contains 85+ columns. records in thousand(Not High-transactional table). The data get populated with the...
SQL08R2 Database Mail
- I am so ready to scream, I set up DB mail and restarted the SQL Agent services but it fails...
Low Performance - High CPU Problem and others...
- Hello everyone,
I got the Problem, that my SQL Server has always 97-99% CPU usage. We have snapshot isolation mode enabled,...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Microsoft Certified Master
- There's been a lot of debate recently about whether certifications are worth doing and whether they provide you or your...
Preparing for a job interview...
- So I've gotten to the point where I absolutely hate my job. My company has been bought out (via a...
How to deal with boastful colleagues?
- I've a colleague who is driving me insane. This person interferes in every conversation, and boasts himself.
When I speak to...
Features of NO SQL (may be mongo db) vs SQL Server
- I want to hear some comments on "Featurs of NO SQL" from the mouth of actual sql developers / sql world...
An oddball survey, seeing as I'm looking at a new car...
- So, I'm car shopping for a second car and got curious what everyone else is driving. Some time back, I...
Employer asking for Social Media login?
- I've never experienced this but found it bizarre. If I was ever asked to provide access to my social media...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
How to implement this formula?
- Hi All,
This the formula they have written in crystal reports.How to implement this one in SSRS2008R2?
Shared StringVar sNewBranch;
StringVar sPrintMe := "yy";
Identify All Reports That Have A Subscription Assigned??? (+ any underlying detail)
EXCUSE MY NAIVETY IF THIS IS UNDER THE WRONG SECTION - Thanks
New to the RS so bear with me please. If...
SSRS 2008R2 Data set Properties Error
- I have a stored procedure which i have to design the report for this i have connected to the datasource...
Combing RS databases with other production databases
- Curious what the industry norm is. Can / should i put my report databases on the same server / instance as other...
how to get the source code from .rdl file
- Hi ,
i have a rdl file that is displaying report, i want the source code of that rdl file.(since i...
SSIS Package hangs when called from Windows Service
- Hi All,
I have an SSIS package that connects to an Oracle source using the OLEDB Source connector. I'm attempting to...
Converting Mstrix into table
B1_LL to B1_UL is Range of score
Test Sub Grade B1_LL B1_UL B2_LL B2_UL
TestName-Math 4 240 335 336 354
TestName-Math 5 240 357 358 374
TestName-Math 6 361 362 378 379
TestName-Read 3 240 341 342 364
TestName-Read 8 240 372 373 389
another Matrix is Score
B1 B2 B3
B1 9 11 13
B2 8 10 12
B3 7 9 11
First i need to create table out of...
Dynamically load CSV files To Sql Server Tables
I am writing a SSIS package of copying CSV files to SQL tables.
Csv files are five in numbers...