Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Lot Of Blockings in production server
one of our production server we are getting lot of Blockings
i found the blocked process
i fired below queries
SQL Agent Job Sudden Failure, Login failed for user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.
- I have a scheduled job (runs every Friday at 5am) that has been running since 9/2011. Suddenly, the job failed...
Can't start SQL Server service as Network Service
- I have a development server that is running SQL Server 2005. I was asked to install a new instance for...
collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
We have sql server 2005 reporting services on server A & its databases on Server B. I'm seeing the below error...
How to pass parameters and LogOn Information from ASP.NET (C#) to Report
I was using Crystal Reports earlier and had the code for opening the Crystal Report from my ASP.nET 2.0 (C#)...
Copy a Databank to another SQL 2005 Server
- Hello I try to copy a databank form one SQL Server 2005 (on Windows 2003 x86) to another SQl Server...
help needed for sql query
- I am working on sql 2005. I have a table wherein it maintains the history of status
Customer Status CreatedDate LastUpdateDate
Database mirrioring Error (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 1418)
- Hello All ,
Can you please tell me about database mirroring configuration setup
I have created principal and mirror servers and before...
Editing replication stored procedures
Just wanted a high level answer really on whether or not it is a good idea to alter the sql...
Subscription expire duration
I would like to know if I change the no of days in publication properties in General tab "Subscription...
DTExec succesfull in CMD window, fails in Agent Job
- I am tasked with processing an excel file and the file is password protected. To do this, I have a...
XML Column Read
I have a column in table with xml type. I want to extract it row wise but it is...
some one please help me to read this xml-data from a XML variable
I have a @xml variable, I need to read this variable and to insert the values into my table in...
Database Design question regarding Normalized Tables
- Hey all,
Got a theoretical question for you guys. Let's say I have a table that contains information about a store....
Reporting on SQL Agent history in 2005
- Hopefully this is the right forum. It's fundamentally a T-SQL question.
I'm trying to make a report that is useful for...
How to add two column and the to put the result on the next row?
- [center]column1--- column2--- result
50 ------ 1500----- 1550
100----- - 1550----- 1650
40----- - 1650----- 1690
30----- - 1690----- 1720
Now I do have the value...
SQL Express Backup
- I'm new to SQL and we have an SQLExpress database that we need to backup on a nightly basis. Is...
Scroll bars missing in some data tables
- We are using the program MP2 with SQL Server 2000. We've been using this program for many years. Several months...
How to Join the two table
- Table 1
A B C D F
A1 B1 NULL NULL NULL
A2 B2 NULL NULL NULL
A3 B3 NULL NULL NULL
A4 B4 NULL NULL NULL
A5 B5 NULL NULL NULL
Relying only on VM snapshots as a backup
Right now we have a 2 SQL data warehouses running on a VM server and we are currently relying only...
Using the OUTPUT statement for data change logging
- In my stored procedures that change data, I include data change logging. It logs to a table the Table name,...
How to use Select within select in the same Select statement..??
- [font="Courier New"][size="3"]Hi All,
I Have table where it includes fields model_size, model_type, actual_qty, process_qty, order_type. Now I want to display all...
Upgrade sql 2005 to sql 2008 r2
- successfully done upgrade sql 2005 to sql 2008 r2, now the same server both database is running i want to...
sqlio tool in sql server 2008
Please help me how to handle sqlio tool.
concurrent DBA connected to same database
- how many DBA currently accessing same database ? how to check
drive not accessible in sql, available via windows
- sql 2008 in a cluster. added drive via iscsi and it is available properly in the cluster. it is also...
SBSMONITORING MEMORY AND SPACE HOG
- I am writing program in VB.NET 2010 Pro to SQLEXPRESS Database for a small service . They are using sbs 2008...
help on group by with Join
- I have two tables. One has records for transactions, another has records for purchased products. Transaction table has TransactionID, TotalAmount,...
Convert varbinary to integers and insert
I have a 28 integers stored in a varbinary that is passed to a stored procedure. The SP needs to...
my queries are too slow when SET FORCEPLAN OFF
- Hi All,
I am using an reporting tool for my dwh system.
My tool are generating queries and those queries are too...
Query to sum only few values in a same column
- Hello all,
I am kind of new to sql server and I am stuck on this. It may sound stupid and...
Full & Simple Recovery Model
- what is the standard way to put the database Full recovery model OR Simple recovery model?
- Hi, I have a script from which I have to remove the cursor:
DECLARE @AsOnDate SMALLDATETIME
DECLARE @FlagProduction AS BIT
DECLARE @tblAcAging AS...
- I seem to be struggling with something that I thought was fairly straight-forward originally when I started designing the database...
using replication in sql server 2008 r2 SE (OS: windows server 2008 R2 SE)
- We are implementing a new architecture for one our modules. There are 100 tables in the database and out of...
Advices for best practices for configuring MS SQL Server system databases?
I need some advices and best practices regarding the size of MS SQL Server system databases. We use MS SQL...
Create a Column That holds the SUM of values in the same field where The Invoice Number is the same
- First, sorry for the confusing title.
I am looking for a way to sum the values based on the customerid and...
Anyone recomend a good SSAS 2008 Book?
- Hi All,
Can anyone recomend a good SSAS 2008 Book?
Preferably something that include the basics of designing from scratch, and either...
- Hi all,
I think this may be a basic question.But still i'm not clear about this..
If i'm using Master Data...
SQL Login error from client computer
- [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
I can not connect to the SQL from the Other PC which...
SQL Server and MS Access, and unwanted Users and Schemas oh my....
- I've noticed something recently, and was wondering a) what caused it, and b) what can i do about it.
I need to read the xml which is passed as an variable in stored procedure ?how to achieve that ?
- I need to read the xml which is passed as an variable ,and insert its values to temporary table
logical consistency-based I/O error
when i want to see properties of one data base ,or run maitenancetools or backup sqlserver give me this...
What Gives Better Performance?
- Hello Everyone
I hope that everyone is having a Fabulous day.
I was in a discussion with a DB2 developer that has...
Having Problem with Calculate TimeStamp within same column.
CREATE TABLE [t_Appointment_TimeStamp](
[ApptTimestampID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[ApptID] [int] NULL,
[TimeStampId] [int] NULL,
[TimeStamp] [time](7) NULL,
CONSTRAINT [PK_ApptTimestampID] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
SSRS Smart TV
- Good Morning Everyone,
I have a fairly odd question today as you may have guessed from the title :-) I've been asked...
backup job using sql server agent in sql server 2008
i have two systems(system A,system B) connected in network and with sql server 2008 installed on both.
i want to take...
TSQL Convert 3.100000000000e+003 to human readable format (Double)
- I have a stored procedure that returns a XML string, I have a field 'Quantities' which contains an odd value...
TimeZone conversion in sql server 2008
- How i can convert my timezone in sql server,
My requirement is to save date in client time zone not...
Error while creating stored procedure from SQLCMD - Must declare the scalar variable
I'm Getting the following error when I run the below SQLCMD command and not sure how to resolve this issue:
Link server locking tables
- hello SQL world-
i am trying to copy tables form server A to server B using a link server. is there...
need extra column with totals in sql pivot result set
- I am losing the battle on this. Here is my code i get the pivot table fine so this is...
- Is there a way to convert UniData datex to a sql date field in a query? :ermm:
NOT makes query never complete?
- I understand it may be difficult to assist me without knowing my underlying schema and all the details. Let me...
Next business day, partial holiday calendar
- Hi All,
I am used to working with a calendar table that has a record for each day. Now I need...
Grouping timespans by the avg time per weekday
- Hi There
Long time - no see. I would appreciate a bit of help on a query I have to write.
Error Creating ASSEMBLY
I am trying to use a dll created in Clarion for C++ but i get an error like below
Help to diagnose LCK_M_IX Query
- Hi all,
I have a query that is stuck (running for few hours but normally takes 2-5 mins)..
What forum best for question about replication on SQL Server 2012?
I've looked through the forums to see if I could figure out the forum that would be the best for...
How have Trigger's example after insert send to mail on outlook?.
- I create trigger after insert into table i want send mail on outlook and example trigger please.
Connecting to SQL Express via SQLCMD errors
- Hi all,
I cant connect to a sql express instance via sqlcmd and was hoping for some ideas!
Failover Cluster Upgrade 64Bit
- Hi everyone,
we had to Upgrade RAM to our Servers running on Windows Server 2008 32 Bit. In Order to use...
Cluster Validation fails to check Storage
- Hi All,
I am getting an error while validating the cluster.
Writing to sector 11 on disk with identifier 589e0435 from...
Need suggestions on replication
We are implementing a new architecture for one our modules. There are 100 tables in the database and out of...
I am trying to change the collation of the databases ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB from Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS to Latin1_General_CI_AS (which is the...
one issue about transactional replication in SQL Server 2008.
- Hi all,
There is one problem about transactional replication in SQLServer 2008.
After configuring the replication, there will be three jobs 'Distribution...
Creating a new Management Data Warehouse and removing the old one
- When I took on the Role of DBA, i inherited some leftovers from the previous DBA. One such leftover was...
SQL monitoring - CURSORUPDATE
- i have a procedure that runs it is cursorupdate, but thats about all i can see, anyway to determine what...
what is pending io count
- Is someone able to explain what pending_io_count is in sys.dm_os_tasks please. The description on bol suggests it is io done...
Database Mail Stopped Working
- Database Mail on our production server was working fine until about mid-morning today. Nothing has changed on the server that...
Grant View Privileges on Database Diagrams (is it possible)
- I'm an intern and my boss asked me to look what permission he will need to set to give me...
Existing Table division
- I have a table "Claim" which contains 85+ columns. records in thousand(Not High-transactional table). The data get populated with the...
get SQL server memory usage
- Is there a simpler way to get what exactly SQL server usage of memory on the server except using perfmon?
- Hi Experts,
I read in a post that during BCP,BULK INSERT kind of operation we can disable the index using
SQL08R2 Database Mail
- I am so ready to scream, I set up DB mail and restarted the SQL Agent services but it fails...
SQL Server Agent jobs not running as scheduled
- Hi all, has anyone encountered sql server agent not actually running the jobs it is schdeduled to run?!
It was recently...
Microsoft Certified Master
- There's been a lot of debate recently about whether certifications are worth doing and whether they provide you or your...
Preparing for a job interview...
- So I've gotten to the point where I absolutely hate my job. My company has been bought out (via a...
- We were having an issue where SSMS was unable to connect to a named instance of SQL Server 2008 R2....
SSRS report powershell script
I have SSRS 2008R2 reporting having 3 data sources.
Say reportname = \Marketing\Test.rdl
DataSource name = \Shared DataSources\Data1 , 2 ,3
Now when deploy the report...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
can not access master stored proc
I have the below code
declare @ret int
DECLARE @XMLFile varchar(255)
SET @XMLFile = 'C:\myfile.xml'
exec @ret = master..xp_FileExists @XMLFile
When I execute this its throwing...
SSRS 2008R2 Data set Properties Error
- I have a stored procedure which i have to design the report for this i have connected to the datasource...
Combing RS databases with other production databases
- Curious what the industry norm is. Can / should i put my report databases on the same server / instance as other...
SSRS expressions to get part of a string
I need to write expression in my report to get the characters between "_" and "-".
I have two columns in my...
how to get the source code from .rdl file
- Hi ,
i have a rdl file that is displaying report, i want the source code of that rdl file.(since i...
Dynamically load CSV files To Sql Server Tables
I am writing a SSIS package of copying CSV files to SQL tables.
Csv files are five in numbers...
MDX and VB FUNCTIONS ---
- Hi to all.
I write this topic because i need an help about MDX and how to use VB Functions to...
How to Query Analysis Service Properties
Anyone knows a way to query the properties of an Analysis Service instance? I am trying to return the configured...
Simple MDX query
I'm trying to something that I think should be straight forward in MDX but i'm struggling. I'm new to MDX...
Java & SSRS
- I am trying to implement bar codes in Java application. Also want to integrate with SSRS reports, how to achieve...