Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Issue in deadlock in our production server
- We are facing dead lock issue on prod database, and checked sp_who2 lot of blocking is there, more than 25...
Any recommendations on this - Manage Statistics ?
- I would like to get some feedback on how other DBA's would manage db's in this situation:
We have databases (sql...
10 physical disks available - best configuration for data/log/backup?
- I have 10 300GB SAS 15k rpm 6Gb disks available to me on a HP P2000 SAN. I have a...
SQL 2008 R2 - Can't see services in SSCM or status of server in SSMS
- I was getting a WMI error launching SSCM so I followed the advice of this article and ran the mofcomp...
java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect
I am using MSSql server 2005 SE with Windows 2003 Server 64Bit SP2 with 8GB RAM. I am using Java...
pass variables between SQL Server tasks in a JOB
- I'm using Sql Server 2005. I'm trying to pass a variable between the tasks in a job. NOT SSIS. We...
How to set user for deploying reports?
- When I deploy my report from BIDS (2008) it doesn't ask me for a user name, it picks a user...
Found a database error and need advice
- I was testing some backups on a test server and found that a database generated an error when running CHECKDB...
CheckDB fails Sunday, but ok Monday without repair
- Hi all:
Early Sunday morning, our daily check of database integrity failed on one of our databases. The task is not...
I had a performance issue in our stored procedure. Later I found out that the below simple query took 36...
Barcode 128 generator (using scalar function)
- I'm looking for a barcode generating Function that uses the standard Code128. Apparently no function that fixes this has been...
Join's and Index's
- I am fuzzy on this.. so looking to see if my thoughts are correct... When looking at the execution plan,...
Identity column import
- I need to import data of a table from prod environment to my dev DB.
This table is having one identity...
SSIS very slow compared to DTS
- I have a simple package in SSIS that runs extemely slow compared to a DTS package that does the same...
Returning Values from a Stored Procedure (SQL TASK, SSIS)
- Hi all,
Here the problem:
I have the following stored procedure:
ALTER procedure [admin].[up_SetLogicalDate]
,@LogicalDate datetime OUTPUT
,@LogicalDate_Start datetime OUTPUT
,@LogicalDate_end datetime OUTPUT
--with execute as caller
Can I Provide SP to 3rd Party without tell them DB name
- I assigned to prepare SP API for vendor, but I concern about script and DB security.
I have to provide 2...
Getting Child-Top Level Parent Relationship without looping
- Hey all,
Given the following:
CREATE TABLE #Transfer
ID INT IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY,
INSERT INTO #Transfer (OldKey, NewKey)
VALUES (1, 2)
INSERT INTO #Transfer...
Adding comma separator to INT datatype
- Hello to all gurus here!
Please excuse the dumbness of this question, but if I have an INT value of 999999...
- How do you reference INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
from a linked server?
When I try doing that, I get the below error message:
select * from [server_2000].dbst.information_schema.columns
Why I need to assign Grant/Deny Permission after every database restore ?
- I need to restrict user which was achieved by grant and deny permissions using TSQL in sql server 2008 R2...
Script to send alert when jobs runs more than 24 hours
- Can someone post the script which would send out an email notification if any job on a server runs longer...
- I got below error message when I run backup logins using schedule job….When I run manually from the Job, instead...
Proper way to concatenate values in a set from 1 column
- I was asked today to look at a colleague's code on concatenating values returned from 1 column. He said that...
Need to copy data for a period of time.
I need to copy data from PROD to QA between 29th Jan 6am and 10am for few tables. The Tables...
Stored Procedure as Data Source with SSRS
- Hi All,
I have a stored procedure with multiple paramaters like
Start Date- custom calendar
End Date-custom calendar
Status - they contain multiple values
"kind of bug" with sql server 2008
- Seems like I posted my original post in wrong topic so putting it here again. Please ignore my old post...
I need to read the xml which is passed as an variable in stored procedure ?how to achieve that ?
- I need to read the xml which is passed as an variable ,and insert its values to temporary table
logical consistency-based I/O error
when i want to see properties of one data base ,or run maitenancetools or backup sqlserver give me this...
Avoid getting messages while executing Stored Procedure
When i execute an sp am getting the below message.
[quote]"Database name 'tempdb' ignored, referencing object in tempdb."[/quote]
In this sp...
Assign the variable based on the input
I am having a requirement like this
say if two table name is the input
i will take 2 tables and...
What Gives Better Performance?
- Hello Everyone
I hope that everyone is having a Fabulous day.
I was in a discussion with a DB2 developer that has...
Need help on batch script to delete files located on different servers and should be addressed in one script.Lets say...
Script object into a text file
- Hi All,
EXEC master.dbo.sp_configure 'show advanced options', 1
EXEC master.dbo.sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell', 1
[code="sql"]declare @str varchar(100)
select @str = 'declare @i int'
Seems simple, must be hard!! Cluster Instances, Linked Servers -- adjust Max Memory??
- This seems like it should be so simple, but apparently not!
I have a 2-node, 2-Instance SQL cluster. Each server has...
Behaviour in partitioned database.
- Hello all,
At the moment I am trying to come to grips with partitioning.
I am trying a number of scenario's to...
Help explaining query results.
- Hi Guys,
I was working on a script that would show all records in Table A that didnt have corresponding records...
Failed Jobs report
- Hi Guys,
I need a script that will send me a complete list of failed jobs by looping through all the...
Shrinking log is bad?
- Hi All,
I am aware that shrinking leads to fragmentation and doing it often is a very bad practice. Shrinking mdf...
database restore 2008 r2
- Hi all,
approximately how much time the sql server 2008 r2 will take to restore 66GB of .BAK file.
An easy way to synchronize data
- We are about to begin User Acceptance Testing. The business users want to use a copy of "live" production data...
Deadlock Issues (Why Certain Locks?)
- I am having some problems with frequent deadlocks in a vendor-supplied database and I have been analyzing the database and...
Unable to install sql server 2008 Management studio
- Dear Sir/Madam,
I downloaded Visual Studio 2010 from microsoft so its automatically installed sql server 2008 R2. In Sql server 2008...
set SSRS date parameter default value to previous date(getdate()-1
What is the expression to set the default date of date parameter to getdate()-1. I want the SSRS report to...
2008 R2 upgrade advisor error
I have just started getting issues with the SQL 2008 R2 upgrade advisor. This tool has previously worked ok for...
Searching through text field
- I have a text field (nvarchar max) that contains a chat transcript. I need to find the first chat entry...
Max function without group by
- Hi guys
I have two tables: tbEtapeProjet and tpEtape
1 1 2011-07-01 00:00:00 2011-09-01 00:00:00
1 2 2012-05-01 00:00:00 2012-05-10 00:00:00
FILESTREAM freetext query issue.
- Hello all,
I've created my first filestream store on SQL 2k8 Express adv.
Created my Full Text Catalog, and index...
identity table use case
- SQL 2008R2
How to [b]insert / retrieve 3 identity values[/b] without using GO 3 ??:-)
Also insert top(3) ... does not work either ... :w00t:
Split String into 3 parts with a twist!
- I have the following sample data (original and desired results)
[code="sql"]with cteOriginal (CompanyName, CompName1, CompName2, CompName3)
select 'A V H S L...
Import xlsx file to 2008 r2 express
- hi folks,
i am tired to breaking my head in this simple task, trying to import an xlsx file to...
T-SQL Help with a loop (I believe)
- Here is my very basic code below. The results are below that. What I need is a query that reads...
Help on how to count guests in hotel every day
- I have a table keeps guest records in a hotel. For each guest I have check in date and check...
- I am trying to load tables from sql server to oracle using import/export wizard in SQL Server. Only 2 tables...
create table script generation
- Dear All
I have created table with column constrains, default values. When I generate the script for this table from SSMS...
Worktables & Hash Tables
- Hi All
After testing and researching - I want to make sure that my understanding is correct regarding Worktables & Hash Tables
>Worktables & Hash...
RedGate Data Compare Multiple DB's
- First off I have no idea where this should go, I figured id get more forgiveness for putting it in...
Dev Licensing questions!?
- hi all,
trying to get my head around licensing. specifically in a dev environment.
Could i get some feedback on...
Cross DB Chaining Madness
- At the risk of posting yet [i]another[/i] message on cross chaining... I'm at my wits end. I've read and read...
- Hi All
Is there any way to script out all the Logins on a SQL Server instance, including server level privileges,...
- Hi all. I am researching the feasability of encrypting a few columns in one of our databases. I have done...
Jobs not running in cluster
- Hi ,
We have cluster environment with mirroroing . We have configured jobs to take the fullland log backups(all jobs in that...
SQL Log Shipping out of sync - Comparing Log shipping Primary and Secondary Servers
- Hello all,
I have a SQL log-shipping High availability setup from a Primary Server to a Secondary Server which ships transactional...
Mirroring Log Issue
- Hi All,
I have a db with mirroing in place and log is growing about 49GB.....Log is growing since log backup...
How to find the amount of memeory SQL Server is consuming
I need to build a report on capacity and am trying to find a counter that I can use to...
SQL08R2 Database Mail
- I am so ready to scream, I set up DB mail and restarted the SQL Agent services but it fails...
SQL Server 2008 Enterprise SP upgrade
- We are planning on doing a SQL service pack upgrade soon.
Should we take the databases offline, or can the service...
Deadlock Graph from the xml from system_health extended event
- How to get the Deadlock Graph from the xml extracted from system_health extended event.
I'm using SQL Server 2008R2 SP2, and...
Low Performance - High CPU Problem and others...
- Hello everyone,
I got the Problem, that my SQL Server has always 97-99% CPU usage. We have snapshot isolation mode enabled,...
Red Gate SQL Monitoring fails
- I just started a new DBA job and was introduced to SQL Monitoring from Red Gate. The program is not...
Converting BLOB to different datatypes
Is it possible to convert a java object which is now stored as a BLOB field to character values....
Service Pack Update error
I have installed SP2 on 2008 R2 successfully,but when i tried to connect got error
Login failed for user '<Domain...
SQL Maintenance job - Manual run/Scheduled run
- Hi All,
We have a weekly full backup job, daily differential backup job and hourly transaction log backup on our servers....
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
- We are going live tomorrow in a completely new environment for our PeopleSoft HR and Finance systems. We are getting...
Ignite Confio for SQL
- Has anyone used Ignite for SQL Server monitoring? I have it installed for my SQL Servers but not allot of...
Web application design query
I am new to web application designing and using .net (MS Visual Studio 2010) to design an application.
The issue I...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SQL report returning slowly
- I have a report running on our production Reporting Web server that is just spinning. When I run the procedure...
How to schedule SSRS Report
How to schedule SSRS report to run (in email delivery option) every Monday and Tuesday and every hour between 6:00...
Line hight for barcode - font 3 of 9 Barcode
- I am developing a GRN label print report and have installed font 3 of 9 Barcode.
I want the barcode...
I've started using a SEQUENCE in a table instead of an identity.
I seem to be experiencing problems of the sequence...
A small SSIS Package executing with errors.
- I am facing trouble while executing an SSIS(2008) Package which loading (90000 records) data from SQL Server 2008 to Excel...
Combining BSIDS Visual Studio and C#...?
- Is there are way to include the C# development environment into BSIDS (Visual Studio)...?
How to consume WCF service in SSIS with SQL Server 2005 SP2
- hello All,
Can someone explain me how can u consume a WCF service in SSIS using sql server 2005, the requirement...
Max size in DataType Properties - Advanced Editor
- Hello there,
is there a way to make this column more than 4'000?
the thing is, this field is Huge (contains...
Add a column with a value from another source
- Hello there,
i'm using SSIS 2012 .
i have 2 sources ( xml files) in 1 data flow and from each source i...
SSIS Config Wizard failing on SQL Server config
- We have a SSIS package that has been developed in VS2008. Our company standard is to have package configuration enabled...
How Aggregation is calculated in Cube in SSAS
I am new in ssas. I want to know the why do we need to create aggregation in measure while...
SSAS browser missing Data
- Hi all,
I have a new SSAS Cube that I have designed and I am finding that the data doesn't seem...
increasing Excel 2007 "Show Details" limit above 1000 rows?
- Hello everyone.
I am using the Excel 2007 Pivot Table "Show Details" functionality and find it limited to 1000 rows.