Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Does anyone have complete PDF/DOC on SQL Server replication ?
Does anyone have complete PDF/DOC on SQL Server replication ? Which includes configuration, scripts, monitoring etc; ? Of course I get everything...
Installation issues during SQL 2005 SP4
- I am trying to upgrade SQL 2005 to SP4 from SP2. Few SQL components were successful. version numbers are below
create report with date suffix
- I need to create a report & run weekly to output to file on server with filename_date×uffix.txt.
The original report (which is...
Need script that totals free disk space AND free space in files
- We have a number of ways, including Quest Spotlight in our case, to get either free space on the drives...
SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server ''XXX; SQLServerAgent cannot start).
- Hi Everyone....
I am getting this issue in windows server 2003 server cluster....I try to bring agent node online but no...
Cannot generate SSPI
- Error message shown in the logs is :
Approva.ApplicationBlocks.ExceptionManagement.BaseApplicationException: Error occurred in Openconnection in SQLServer. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot generate SSPI context.
Need to add % sign for only few rows
I have SSRS (2008) Report which
line MTD YTD Total
Line 1- Balance 10000 200001 208987
Line 1- Volumne 100 200 330
Line 1- Avg 42 67 78
Line 2- Balance ...
SSRS 2005 Multi-Value Filter.
- Hi all,
I met with a very tricky problem. I have a muti-value filter in my name whereby user are able...
Maintenance Plans issues in SQL Server 2005
- Hi experts!
This is my first time creating a Maintenance Plan in SQL Server 2005 and I’ve a couple of questions...
Run stored procedure when temp table is created/dropped
- Hi guys and girls,
I need to update 1 or 2 records in my database each time a temp table with...
Creating and Running a Trace from Stored Proc
- is there some special format you have to put the SQL in, when you try and launch from a stored...
Tasty Performance scenario to feast on, looking for general feedback and theories only
- Looking for some ideas on a performance scenario we are seeing in production. I can't make any changes to production...
Header and Trailer Record
I have an SSIS package which creates a fixed width text file. I now need to add a header and...
Where condition not equal to multiple columns - PUZZLE - who can solve this?
- Concerning the puzzle below, need a SQL guru to tell me how they solved this problem.
To get statement 2 to...
- TestServer: SQL Server 2000
ProdServer: SQL Server 2000
Client on my machine: Sql Server Management Studio 2008.
[b]Goal[/b]: Move DTS Package from Test...
High Volume of SQL Compilations/sec
- hi there,
We currently have an issue where on one of our SQL Servers, there is a high number of SQL...
How to Improve the perforamce of large tables ?
- Hi All,
Please give your valuable suggestions on how can i improve the performance of tables which having 2 crores of...
About moving data between databases
I have few tables that needed to be replicated/synchronized across several databases in our SQL Server 2012 .
DB1 has T1,...
about Transanctional Replication
can we have transcational replication for only few tables
with best reagrds
Compare Two sets of delimited string items
We have a Visual Studio application that is passing parameters to a Stored Procedure in SQL Server 2008 to search...
Null value is eliminated by an aggregate or other SET operation.
- Hi all! Happy Friday!
ok, I came across a stored proc that is sending out this error when it runs:
PLE (Page life expectancy).
- On a production system we have a PLE which is low at some moments.
So since yesterday afternoon we have run...
Group By - Help
- Hi geniuses, I need some help with a query I need for a report, here's what my table contain:
Project | ReceiverGroup...
sql query to find in which datafile a particular table exists
- Hi Friends,
Let us assume am having 2 data files one mdf and one ndf. I have stopped the autogrowth...
how can i get count of sikped question depend record column and collectionofResponse column?
- here i am having four table
DECLARE @question table
need book on perfmon counters
- Hi Team,
I need a material for sql perfmon counters. It should contain threshold values for those counters and definiton of...
How to change defualt directory for saving files from SSMS?
- I mean sql-scripts. Now It saves only for a current session, after each reopening of SSMS I have to show...
IN clause for xml datatype
- Can i use IN clause for xml datatype?
getting total disk space
- i want to find the total drive space in server instaed of free space , can any one send the script...
- Hi All,
I need the partition as following:
The current data starts in the Head partition.
Based on a partition function, When...
C:\Users\1245>sqlcmd -S MOLNEW0014\TEST -i c:\script.sql
Sqlcmd: 'c:\script.sql': Invalid filename.
Execute statement in CATCH block
Need some help in determining if the below statement is good enough.
How can I get statement to execute...
- I am trying to implement Linked Servers. but I am having problems establishing connection to my two servers:
I have already...
Detect missing indexes
- Hi all,
I have a script to detect missing indexes in my database, but I'm not sure about info in this...
things to know when designing a new database
- what are things one need to always keep in mind when designing a new database for an application
Add a column Count from another table
- Currently I have this query.
SELECT C.listcode, C.year, COUNT(NamesTest.year) as Mailed
SELECT * FROM
(SELECT DISTINCT listcode FROM NamesTest) as A
Unable to log in
- I am unable to log into one of oursSQL Server Databases . It errors out " Cannot generate SSPI Context". I am...
Stored Procedure for dashboard
i have three tables A,B,C in which i have datecreated column and status column in all three tables.
Initial log file size growth
Can someone tell me why the initial logfile size (set to 3gb) on a new log file grows as the...
Sql 2000 DB migration to SQL 2008
- I wanted to migrate one of our SQL 2000 database to new SQL 2008 server.
So to check migration compatibility...
XML with word document style
- hello all.
is it possible create one xml file with word document style from query result?
- there are two types of trigger for updating table,one is column level
and another is row level update trigger what is...
Moving Datab from one datafile to another
- Hi All,
We have one database with 3TB of size, with 6 Data files and 2 Transactional log files. Due to...
Calculating Median, Max, Min, Lower Quartile and Upper Quartile for a Boxchart?
- Hi All - My boss asked me to create a boxchart using SSRS for some of our data. I read articles...
Nested replaces ?
- Hello all,
At this moment I need some nested REPLACE actions.
Some time ago I saw a set of routines for string...
Unable to install sql server 2008 Management studio
- Dear Sir/Madam,
I downloaded Visual Studio 2010 from microsoft so its automatically installed sql server 2008 R2. In Sql server 2008...
Importing a csv file into a database - inserts quotes automatically into every field
We are using a SSIS package to insert a series of CSV files (saved in excel) into a database table.
Lock Pages in Memory setting for 64-bit systems
- OK, I was just in a very active Twitter discussion about this question, and I would like to get input...
Join on nvarchar column using LIKE
- UPDATE LII
SET value_exists = 1
FROM LII od
JOIN VPL sl
ON (sl.it like '%' + od.value + '%'
AND od.opr = 9 )
SCAN count + OR Strategy
I found some wierd thing today when i ran the below two
version of queries.
select * from sub_fund
where sub_fund_id in (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
SQL Index Help..
- Hi guys,
I have question for you guys,
I have one table ABC (For Example) and Table ABC has few Indexes
Name search with Full Text Search
I'm having trouble implementing a query for searching names on a table PERSON, which has two columns, FORENAME and SURNAME.
Stored Procedure modification
We have existing Stored Procedure and we would like to modify to add some interwal logic to check that if...
Need Alternate Solution
I Created Function For Indian Money Format
CREATE function [dbo].[Fn_Indian_Money_Format]
DECLARE @charMoney VARCHAR(50), @RemainingChar...
Problem with CAST to VARCHAR with SUBSTRING Function
- I'm haveing trouble with a simple CAST to VARCHAR Statement.
CASE WHEN CAST(LEFT(Customer.STARTDATE, 2 AS VARCHAR(2)))
= '98' THEN CAST(substring(Customer.STARTDATE, 3,...
Trying to understand ISDATE & CAST behavior
- I am trying to understand why the case statement is failing...
create table #DateTest
insert into #DateTest(col1,...
Need help - MS SQL Trigger for Oracle insert
is it possible to use a ms sql trigger to insert a row in Oracle Table ? I use this way...
Performance of a Query : which one is giving good performace
- Hi Please help me...
I want join 4 tables in the Oracle.Table 1 is having 4 different where conditions.
Which one is...
high risk stystem stored procedures
- has anyone compilede a list of high risk system stored procedures in SS 2008 R2? like xp_cmdshell, that access the...
grant execute overrides user permissions
- Hi. It looks like granting a user permission to execute a proc overrides that user's insert/update/delete permissions they'd otherwise have...
- Hi all. I am researching the feasability of encrypting a few columns in one of our databases. I have done...
Handling Stored Procedure
- Hi all,
I am developing a console application. After doing the initial checks and pre requisites, i have to introduce 5...
Synch two SQL databases
- Env: SQL Server 2008 R2
We have two SQL Databases used by two different applications. We need to synchronize some of...
Peer-to-peer replication and identity columns
- All of the articles regarding identity columns for peer-to-peer replication talk about setting identity ranges when writing to multiple members...
- Is it fine if we change compatibility level of a Database which is in Logshipping from 80 to 90 in...
Monitor Log Shipping
- Monitoring Log Shipping
My client in Manhattan maintains a disaster recovery server in South Brooklyn. We employ log shipping to sync...
LOG SHIPPING by two different systemt architecture?
Can we able to configure for LOG SHIPPING by two different systemt architecture?
System type – windows 2008 R2 enterprise edition...
Concurrent Database Access Per Instance
- Hi All,
I am a newer in this forum. We are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition in our Company....
value cannot be NULL paramter name: viewInfo (Microsoft.SQLServer.Management.SQLStudio.Explorer)
- I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 machine that I used to update 20+ Databases.
My Login works fine but...
- Is there a way to find out what traces are enabled in a sql server instance?
and also what is the...
Trace Flag 1118
- Please share what helped shape your point of view on whether or not to enable TF 1118 in your SQL...
create a policy in policy management
- How to create a policy that prevents users to create user objects in master database?
Trace Flags to turn on for SQL instances < 2012
- I need some opinions here.
There are 2 trace flags
[url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/trace+flags/70131/]3504 [/url]- For internal testing. Will raise a bogus log-out-of-space condition from...
tempdb files on SSD
- On sql 2008 R2 which has 40 CPU's and one SSD drive I want to do the following, please throw...
central management servers
- I setup a sql server instance to host central management servers.
Then I added all the sql servers to diffrent group...
Error backup database: nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file ...
- Hi all,
I have installed SQL Server 2008 Std Edition in Cluster on Windows 2008 R2.
I have a maintenance plan that...
How to get started with a career
- (Creating a new thread so I can inform about my background)
I am Sagar. I have a Bachelors in computers...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SSRS 2008 R2 inserting lines in Table Report
- How to insert the Straight lines in tables if we try to insert through Tool Bar option it is inserting...
Reportserver Engine changing non-unicode to unicode
I am experiencing this exact issue as mentioned here [url=http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sql_pfe_blog/archive/2009/06/17/possible-performance-implications-when-using-string-parameters-in-reporting-services.aspx][/url]. I do have a work around. I was wondering is...
Issue with Small matrix spilling over 2 pages
- I have a small matrix that measures 3.5 on the ruler. my report is set as landscape. but it seems...
Barcode in RDLC Programmatically
- How to generate RDLC Barcodes Programmatically........
Reporting Services - Dataset multiple
I have a problem with use of Dataset multiple.
I would want to create a 'similar' join between two dataset...
Urgent normalisation help please!
SSIS convert to date issue
- im developing an ssis package.
while im in the sql server , there is a field that contains a text string , for...
Help !! Create dynamically table destination
- Hi All,
Please I need your help.
I have an excel file File.xls that i want to load in a table TempTable....
The column "Column 2" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it.
- I get this error if i try to import a tab delimited flat file to a table in sql server.
SQL Server 2012 VLDB Data Warehouse Design Question
- Appreciate feedback to this question. I'm working on a design for VLDB that will be in the several TB size...
MDX trouble in a calculated member
- Hi to all.
I use SSAS 2008 R2 and i built a cube.
In this cube i have a little trouble with...