Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
db autogrowth problems
- On two occasions we have had to change or autogrowth setting for our database files from 5 or 6 % to...
Missing green arrow on the sql server icon in object explore
- Hello everyone
I have tried to Google this issue for quite awhile and can't find any definitive solution. Now in my...
How can I store the username and password without config file
- How can I store the username and password not in the config file or SQL Server in SSIS, so that...
SSRS 2005 Multi-Value Filter.
- Hi all,
I met with a very tricky problem. I have a muti-value filter in my name whereby user are able...
same measure in 2 cubes, but not displaying data in one cube related reports only
- Hi , I have a measure called "Stock Sales COGS Local Currency" in sales cube and monthly cube.
product levels are 6...
How to Evaluate Performance Point 2010
- I would like to do some Proof of Concept Dashboards/Reports for my company using Performance point 2010.
Do i need...
- I am looking into writing a regular expression for validating emails. I am an absolute novice at this, could some...
How call flat file from another server using dtsx ?
- I have a problem to call file from another server with dtsx, any one know this?
Maintenance plan job error
- Hi, can anyone help me with this error? I suppose to have a backup plan running every 2 months but...
Optimizing XML import in SQL Server
- I have this code to import a XML with 50mb, that contains around 26.280 entities.
But this is taking to long,...
Demanding and difficult logic qns PART 2. Sorry but i need help.
- Hi all,
Please read the following attached word doc. Inside there is a target table with 6 columns which is...
Script task using batch file parameters
- Hi all,
I have created a batch file to run my SSIS package. I will be able to pass parameters in...
SSIS Script task to change table name in data flow task
We need to change the table name of 'OLE DB Destination' task.
I am not able to use variable due to...
Changes to subscriber db after publishing
Have published a db and several subscription have been made. Now I want to alter a table of all subscriber...
AS Cube Processing Fails
First let me give some back ground information on this issue. My company has a very old server (1999/2000) that...
SQL DTS - "Invalid Pointer"
- Hi All,
I have two SQL servers, one is running SQLServer 7.0 (7.00.842) and the other is running SQLServer 2000 (8.00.760). I've...
Populate SQL Table with Powershell script
- Hi All,
I'd like to use a powershell script to populate a table with fixed drive space info.
here is the...
Adding column in where condtion dynamically
I have following tables
we have column by name "state code" in product and customer.
i have sql like
select * from table name(we...
Disabling job schedules
- Is there an way to disable all jobs schedules? I dont want to stop agent.
Autoreply SMS application
I am trying to create an application which will send a reply back once a customer (registered user) sends a...
how top clause works
- I found that TOP clause works little randomly with
Select TOP 50 percent * from Tablename as it is not giving exact...
how to find dependent objects on Default or Rule in sql 2008
- I am able to see the list of columns or table which is bound to my rule or default using...
how to find out number of processor core?
- how to find out number of processor core available to instance of SQL Server?
Excel 64 bit driver
- Hi all,
I am running the following query in sql server 2008 r2(64-bit),
MS office 2007 excel file.
SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
SQL Server 2008 - SqlServerSQLAgent$TOMMY$MSSQLSERVER2008 folder ACL
- Hi Guys,
I created 2 local windows accounts in my laptop, both accounts are in users group.
I installed SQL Server 2008...
transaction log working
- Would like to know whether DCL and DDL statements are logged in sql log file before hardening on data file?
- I want to get the Idea what exactly Index configuration means?
and what exactly is the the size of index pages...
How to join Values
- Hi Professional ,
[code="sql"]CREATE TABLE abc
[code="sql"]insert into abc values (1010)
insert into abc values (111)
insert into abc values...
steps to be followed to migrate t-sql code to pl-sql ?
I wanted to convert t-sql code to Pl-sql(oracle 11g).
Can any body guide what are the steps to...
How to make DAO recodset updatable to add a new record to SQL Server 2008 table.
I am trying to add a recod to a SQL Server 2008 table using DAO.AddNew. But (). this is giving me...
tempdb per processor cores?
- Any perfromance difference in these type of configuration?
How we can set these ?
Trouble shooting a Update, Insert TRIGGER...what's wrong with this syntax ?
- Hi folks...Im trying to update the Last Modified cell in Table B, when Last Modified cell in Table A changes,...
trigger that will update one table when a record is updated in another
- I'm trying to write a trigger that will update one table [tblTransactions] when a record is updated in another [tblBulkPurchases].......
- MSSQL2008 with 1 TB Harddisk space
DB1 - data for 2012.
DB1_Arch - data for 2011.
*** Inherited this server; looks like he idea...
Trunacte MSDB tables.
- Can these 2 tables in the msdb database, simply be truncated.They have grown quite large and simply need some sort...
Insert multiple lines in a single row
I want to insert multiple lines in a single row in SQL Server 2008 R2. I have tried. But it's...
Does Change Data Capture require a table have a primary key
- or can it record before and after column changes based on the LSN only?
An extract from a file based legacy...
I have an issue with the SQL query I have created. The result that this query should generate should be...
NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON intermittent failures
I've created an SSIS package that executes a stored procedure on a linked server. I need to capture the results...
Insert Value From Column into String Value of Another Column: Query
This is my first post to this forum. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to study this...
SQLServer2008 R2 BPA
- Hi All,
I'm not able to install SQLServer2008 R2 BPA.
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 11722
Task Category: None
Connection Pooling Error - SQL 2008R2
We just migrated our from sql 2005 to sql 2008R2. Occasionally we do see the following error message and timeouts...
BULK INSERT failing.
I have a situation where I am trying to do a bulk insert of a file that's on a network...
cross tab query
- hi all,
how do i achieve this result
division 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
xyz 1 0 0 0 10
abcd 11 0 0...
How to combine two tables when one table is in different database and this table will determine the value to be shown on the first table.
- Dear members,
Hello, a pleasant day to everyone.
I would want to ask help about this query that I need for reporting.
string extraction help
I have some code in c# which extracts the text from a string that complies with these wildcards
to break this...
CTE or while loop or an other?
I am new to this board so thanks in advance for any help that can be provided here...:-)
I would like...
Pivot to produce a timetable
- Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a fix for an issue I'm working on. I've got a list of locations, start and...
I have the following table
CREATE TABLE #Test
INSERT INTO #Test
Has to Be a Better Way
- Good Morning Everyone
I am performing a code review before sending any thing into QA and on up. I ran across...
Better Way to Perform this Query
- Hello Everyone
I hope that everyone is having a very good day.
I need to write a query to select row counts,...
Reverse Of Number without Using reverse()
How will i reverse the number in SQL Server with out using reverse()
Flattening a Parent Child Hierarchy
We are starting work on a BI project that is given data in a traditional Parent-Child Hierarchy format.
The Problem is...
SQL 2008 R2 linked server to 11g
- I've been tasked with setting up an Oracle linked server on a new SQL 2008 R2 install. I have installed...
- Hi All
Most off our tables have rowversion columns. We whant this row version to be unique through out the DB....
- Hi i have little experience with sql server and i have just been thrown into the fire at my job...
Torn page issue
- Hello Masters,
Can torn page issue occurs due to lack of disk space ? I know torn page is the page that...
ORDER BY non-sequential number sequence
- I have a table where a certain column contains a status id as an integer. I want to sort on...
Structure of WHERE clause using "and" / "or" in a multiple criteria query
I have a set of data (example script below) and i have to exclude certain rows based on the rules...
View not working since moving database from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008
- Hi All
I moved a simple database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL server 2008. It has a couple of Tables...
SQL Server consuming 90% Memory
- Hello Masters,
My sql server has 12GB of RAM, I got alerts from windows team that SQL Server consuming about 90%...
Question about database mirroring with "high-safety mode without automatic failover"
In database mirroring, for "high-safety mode without automatic failover" it is mention that :
"Every transaction committed on the principal database...
which configuration suggested for aspnet & sql server ?
- dear friends,
I need sql server up and running nomatter what happens. I need to host a aspnet web application with...
UCP and Clustered Instances
- I am running UCP across our estate and all is running fine - except for clustered instances and the Volume chart....
Size of the ldf file increasing
- I have some sql server database for which recovery model is set to full.Now for some databases the ldf size...
In-place upgrade to 2012
- I had a quick query regarding an in-place upgrade to 2012 which I'm not in a position to test right...
Rebuild system database failure
- I have a situation where all system database (.mdf, .ldf) were wiped out after system recovery from a major outage....
Backup and restore databases and I/O usage
- Does backup and restore databases use a lot of I/O?
And which one uses more I/O, backup or restore?
- Hey all,
A quick question. I recently joined an organization and I see here all the
production environments are on...
Large system coming, looking for advice of how to maintain, over 2TB.
- We have a new system coming that will hold our restaurant polling detail and we will hold 18 months in...
SQL job error
- Anyone have any idea why I receive this error on SQL job?
Step ID 1
Job Name 1 Year Backup Maintain BDSBPM.Subplan_1
Step Name Subplan_1
Sql Severity 0
Index optimization failed for User databases
Index optimization job is failing with the below error ::
Executed as user: XXXXXXXXX. Incorrect syntax near '-'. [SQLSTATE 42000]...
Job Step Properties of SQL Server Agent job in SSMS does not match generated TSQL code
- The Job Step Properties of SQL Server Agent job in SSMS does not match generated TSQL code
when I select "Script...
Help me Error SSIS Error (Agent Service)
- An invalid reporting option was specified. Only E, W, I, C, D, P, V, and N are allowed
Import Data Source...
A reason to get a better-paying job...
- So I can put one of these: [url=http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=29641]2014 C7 Corvette Stingray[/url] in my garage...
Know anyone who's hiring?
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Deploying and running reports succeed without the custom assembly being installed on the server
I've been trying to replace a dev custom assembly on a server with the fully functional production version .Replacing the...
SSRS Email Subscription having Issue.
- Hi All,
I am using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Service. I have 5 Reports those need to deliver on email with...
Change hyperlink text
- Using SSRS 2008 Standard.
I'm not seeing a way to manipulate the hyperlink text. What I get is an entire URL...
Report Parameters Selected Shown in Report and/or Footer
- Hi, I'm reasonably new to Reporting Services and still learning so A) bear with me and B) please excuse any...
Issue with Small matrix spilling over 2 pages
- I have a small matrix that measures 3.5 on the ruler. my report is set as landscape. but it seems...
Use subdomain to resolve Reports Manager
- Using Server 2012 / SQL2012 how would i go about directing subdomain.domain.com to the actual "http://computername/reports" ?
I already have the subdomain...
barcode generation problem in RDLC local report
- I am trying to encode [url=http://www.aspper.com/barcode-rdlc/tutorial.html]barcodes in RDLC reports[/url], I am using vs 2008 and C# class library.
It works well...
Possible to add in column from another data source in the same report?
- Hi all,
A burning qns. Currently my report displays 7 column from a datasource A. Is it possible to add the...
Building my first data warehouse. Advice welcomed :)
- Hi all,
I've been brought on board to help a company start to build their first business intelligence setup. I'm a...
How can I achieve this Task?
- Hi All,
How to create a Table dynamically based on the metadata of Oracle Source Table In SSIS(I get the meta...
Script Component and Querying Database
- I need help understand how to use the Script Component to create a connection to the database, submit a SQL,...
configure OLE DB Destination Error Output
- I have an ssis Job (SSIS 2008) that loads data from a flat file to an SQL server 2008 table.
SSIS Package Not Writing all the Rows to OLE DB Destination Although shows the complete numbers on dataflow Path
- my SSIS package loads data from excel file to SQL server table. The excel file has 5000 rows.
When I execute...
changed some Passwords, database mail seems to have stopped
- i've seen there's a few threads about database mail, here, but none seem to apply to me.
I've changed a couple...