Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
I just became Keeper of the Ring. And I'm Boromir.
- So, to put it simply, I suddenly found myself as unofficial DBA. I've been working with SQL in a casual...
Copy Between 2 and 3 billion rows from a heap table with no key to a new partioned table.
I need to copy Between 2 and 3 billion rows from a heap table with no identity to a...
Agent jobs don't run according to schedule
- Has anyone seen in SQL 2005 SP3 where agent jobs simply don't abide by a schedule setup? I had a...
Reclaiming deleted but unused LOB space in SQL 2005
I've spent most of a day playing/wrestling with this, and my google searches have found lots of information but no...
SQL 2005 - SELECT query takes long time to retrieve
- SQL 2005 - SELECT query takes long time to retrieve records from a table which has about 250000 records. Even a...
- I cannot connect an SQL instance using DAC from either a local machine or from a remote machine. The error...
How to handle mutiple outputs in xml source
I'm trying to load xml data into sql table using xml source, the file has around 6000 fileds. When i...
call Java web service from SQL server 2005 store procedure and get response from web service in store procedure
- Dear All,
How to call Java web service from SQL server 2005 store procedure and get response from web service in...
Need help on creating SQL statement for deriving Consecutive worked days.
- Hi all,
Anyone can help me in deriving the sql statement to achieve the new column CONSECUTIVE_D?
Consecutive days should be solely...
Procedure for T_SQL query optimization using Select and insert into on views
- Hi friends,
please see the below query.it returns 3122 rows and query is running 0.55.indexs also their and but its running...
set deadlock priority
can we set deadlock priority on database level ???
please advice its urgent
blocking LCK_M_SCH_S, LCK_M_SCH_M
- Hi Guru's,
I am trying to under stand about no lock hint with a select statement.
today when i was...
Problem with "If Exists (Select ...) Or Exists (Select ...)"
- Does anybody know why the following
If Exists (Select *
From Inserted I
Join dbo.T_PaymentItemGroup PIG On PIG.PaymentItemGroupID = I.PaymentItemGroupID
Or Exists (Select *
SSIS & Environment Variables
- I've been struggling w/ some quirky issues lately regarding use of environment variables with package configurations in my SSIS packages.
Creating Header AND Footer to a flat file destination file
- Hi Guys,
I am working on a financial project; the requirement is interface flat file should not contain any duplicated arrangement....
Getting wrong amount due to date divider
Having a hard time figuring this out.
I have a query that is used for benefit deductions. We recently added...
DatePart week and year end
- I have this in a stored procedure (SS2005):
DATEPART(ww,Driver_summary.Dor_date) AS WeekNum
When run for a period of 12/30/12 through 1/5/13, it is...
does anyone out there know of a free datafeeds I can avail of to build up a good end-to-end BI...
many to many join and union all
- I'm having a hard time with this query this afternoon. I have 3 tables cash, revenue, expense. I need to...
Joining Table to Itself
- I need to return the firstname_vc, and lastname_vc from the ar.staffmaster table of the Supervisors. A staff member in this...
How best to report changes to data
- Hi all
I'm looking for some inspiration on how best to report changes that have been made to records in a...
- Hi Experts,
Can we use same partition scheme and partition function for different tables in same schema ?
I got 5 large...
Partitioning and the performance on writes.
- Hello All,
I get some results I am not expecting.
The situation is something like :
Full saturation test.
Start with clearing the cache.
- Hi - If I know the executing query whats the best way to get the plan_handle such that I can look...
EXEC sql string that has table variable
Why the following code gives error? I have @temp table variable already declared, @p_SampleRecords variable already declared and assigned...
How to learn ssis (step-step)
I am totally new to SSIS, please guide me where to start learning SSIS 2008. Is there any e-book...
Change table name
- Hi All,
I know you can change table name using the sp_rename 'old_table_name', new_table_name', but I am more concerned about what...
In Cluster, SQL Agent fails to start, how does the cluster Act.
- In Cluster, if SQL Agent fails, will the SQL Agent alone moved to another node or the entire SQL services...
Replication without need of Snapshot
I hope someonecan help me with this.
We have a production server with a VLDB on it (~ 7 Billion rows, ~ 4...
Database Mail - Client not authenticated Issue
I have followed all the steps for configuring Database Mail as mentioned in the below link :
While I am able...
Access Excel Hyperlinks from SQL
I have to import excel documents into a SQL table, that part is simple enough and can easily be achieved...
Script to list columnnames
I often transfer data from one db to another (most 2008 but also 2005 sometimes), i have to generate scripts...
retrive the data from database date by date
- hello sir i m confused about the code for retriving or displaying the data date by date from the database...
sql query to find out sql server configuration deatils?
- any sql query to find out sql server configuration details
1. data and log file path
2. data and log file...
Problem with SSMS generated DDL (table with filestream)
- Hi, I restored an external DB into a SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 instance. I want to structure it (in...
find out particular query is executed in sql server?
find out :
CREATE log on
there queries are executed ( all details ) in particular sql server or instance?
Column Name change
- Hi All,
I have created a few tables with foreign keys and primary keys. Now i am supposed to change the...
Am not able to export 10 lakh records to excel sheet.
Am not able to export more than 10 lakh records to excel sheet(2007 xlsx). I'll get sucess message...
Database checkbox in login mapping disappears
I'm seeing a strange issue. I want to use SSMS to assign a login to a database with db_datareader and...
Convert Non Clustered PKs to Clustered
- My database that I have inherited suffers from many of the tables have PKs setup to have but they are...
DMV for capturing all SQL Statements instead of just the last
- Is there a way to get from a DMV not the last statement executed by a Session but all statements...
How to stop a jobstep and go to the next in a scheduled job.
- Hi fellow SQL server users,
I have a SQL server agent job with several job steps. This job is scheduled and...
"USE DATABASE" in stored procedure
- Need a favor..!
The below Proc works fine when I execute, The Proc will generate script of permissions for the database...
Importing a csv file into a database - inserts quotes automatically into every field
We are using a SSIS package to insert a series of CSV files (saved in excel) into a database table.
MCTS Certificate for SQL Server 2008
- Hi all,
I have a plan to get MCTS certificate for SQL Server 2008. As I knew, I must pass 3...
- Other than issues with sorting and MAX, are there any potential issues with using something like CONVERT([varchar](10), datetimefield, 101) which...
Blocked Process Alert issues
- This is really beginning to annoy me.
I have Blocked Process Alerts on every single server in our environment. The alerts...
'not in' condition in Policy Based
- Using Policy Based Management, I am creating a policy to fine databases which have not had a FULL or Incremental...
What is the best way to disable TDE. I uncheck the "Set Database Encryption On property" but I am still...
HOLDLOCK along with UPDLOCK
Using either HOLDLOCK or UPDLOCK as a lock hint allows other transactions to see the data, but, when used together,...
help regarding selecting the maximum value
- Please find the test data as below.finding tough to come up with logic.
Would appreciate greatly if some could help
Execute a remote SP into a local temp table
I'm working with 2 servers both SQL Server 2008 R2 on the same Domain. One of these servers has a...
- I've been doing a review of a DW project and noticed that several of the views use a WITH (FASTFIRSTROW)
Update multiple fields with different data
- Hi All,
I was just wondering if there was a way to update a field based on it's value multiple times...
Problemn with Right outer Join
I am facing issue while using Right outer join in one of my queries (explained below using the temp table).Left...
Max Date from Unnormalized Table
- I have a table of dates similar to the attached.
I can't change the table design (it's not my decision.)
UPDATE common table expression
- Hi all
Can anyone advise please, I have a TSQL 2008r2 headache...
I'm calculating the geo distance between a previous geo...
creating SQL login with cursor
- Hi I have 100 or so users in a database but I need them all to have a server login...
Having doubt on procedure with joins
i ve 5 tables now i wanna make a join with in that and i m done join
Need Result By using pivot or CTE
- Hi all,
I have a data like as shown below in my table.
ID Name Mode
1 AAAAAAA Phone
2 AAAAAAA Phone
trying to query data from a mysql db table using sql server 2008
- i have the link server set up properly and had the select correct however got sidetraked and lost my query...
Query to return DateTime values after a set date?
- Hi I have a MySQL query below.
I needed to modify it so it returned only results from a set date/time,...
Batch move/deletion of records
- I'm trying to write a stored procedure that selects 100000 records at a time, deletes from 1 table and adds...
SQL Server consuming 90% Memory
- Hello Masters,
My sql server has 12GB of RAM, I got alerts from windows team that SQL Server consuming about 90%...
Replace principal server in sql server 2005 database mirroring setup
- Hi folks,
I am a regular SSC reader but haven't yet made any contributions due to time constraints.
I have a question...
Log Size Issue
- How do i set the size of Log file so that it overwrites and we do not do manual tasks.
Migration - Change Data Capture
- How to work on CDC while migration? Do we have to setup completely from scratch or there's any other way?
Reducing Log Shipping Restore Latency
We use log shipping in our 2008 R2 databases. On one of our large heavily used databases, transaction log...
How to determine when someone logged in?
- Please forgive my ignorance. I am more of a BI developer than a DBA. Is there a way to determine...
How to write continous select Statement avoiding the deadlock
- Hi all,
I have a requirement where in I need to select the date column of a table while it...
TempDB Space issue!
- Another issue we are facing.
We have mount point, under the mount point, we have data1, data2, log1, log2, tempdbmdf1, tempdbmdf2,...
Ask for help in index
I'm a beginner in index.
I've table and data as following,
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Zip](
[City_Cd] [varchar](100) NULL,
[Zip_Cd] [varchar](10) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
Log not available error 9001
- Came in to work this morning to face a bunch of alerts for severity 21 errors.
"DESCRIPTION: The log for database 'SpotlightManagementFramework'...
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Training Kit (Exam 70-461) publishing delay
- I've been waiting patiently for this training kit coming out for months now, expectantly waiting for it's arrival end of...
Insert error - convert failed
I have one script which displays current running job on the server.
I want to insert this result into a temp...
Help me Error SSIS Error (Agent Service)
- An invalid reporting option was specified. Only E, W, I, C, D, P, V, and N are allowed
Import Data Source...
Get SQL Query Results as E-Mail
- Gurus, I am trying to write a code to send out list of failed jobs in the last 24 hours....
Something random to ponder
- So I had a funny thing happen to me a few minutes ago and couldn't help but share...
QA Tester 11:54...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Issue with Small matrix spilling over 2 pages
- I have a small matrix that measures 3.5 on the ruler. my report is set as landscape. but it seems...
Subreport error: One or more parameters qere not specified in the the subreport...
Hi geniuses, I'm getting an error while creating a subreport inside a list.
My subreport contains 1 textbox + 3 tablix, all...
Reporting Services regularly unresponsive until IIS Reset or Application Pool Recycle
- Hi all,
Posted a similar question recently, and thought I had found the solution, but now recently encountered it again, so...
Calling SSIS Package in a trigger
i trying call SSIS Package from a Trigger is there any perforamnce issue to the database
thanks in advance
SQL Numeric Datatype is saved as Text in Excel Wile tranformation.
- Hi I am Using SSIS 2008,
I want to Transform Sql Table into Excel File.
For that I used Sql Server...
Importing one file into two database tables
- I have one flat file that i import into a table using an SSIS package. In BIDS i have a...
I'm using SQL server 2008 R2.
Monthly a job creates new 'month' partitions. So this partitions are not in my BIDS...
Data Source table Name changed. Now Dimension Needs connecting to this new table
I have renamed a table in the data source (Id accidentally deleted it first)
Now when I go into the actual...
STRTOSET - Constrained
- I am running into the following error -
restrictions imposed by the CONSTRAINED flag in the STRTOSET function were violated
Filter in Access- SQL
- This is my sql query in access. However, I am not sure where I need to add or filter on...