Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Create Tables on Remote Server ?
- Hi, what I would like to do is run a job on Server_A that will drop and repopulate tables on...
Creating Trigger on View
I have a view that is comprised of multiple tables containing only today's data. I used only select statement in...
Dynamic Where Clause for Multiple paramaters with AND Operator
- Hi I am Trying to Build Dynamic Where Clause for Multiple Parameters and they could be Null Also .Please find...
SQL Express 2005 stoppped running on win xp sp3
we have ms sql express installed on a computer which we use as server and it is on LAN. Before...
Weird SSIS recordset issue
- Hi all,
I have a weird SSIS recordset issue. In my first data flow, I am summing and outputing some data...
Barcodes Code128 generator function
- I'm looking for a [b]barcode generating Function[/b] (in SQL 2005), that uses the standard [u]Code128[/u].
The result of calling the...
Analyst seeking wisdoms while learning the platform
- Im a business/financial/data analyst who wishes to make a transition to a BI solutions development/BI information delivery role specializing in...
- My client "My 1st" has a sql database with many, many null values in each table. Its because they do...
I NEED HELP WITH SQL EXPRESS 2008 R2
- I am a newbie just been doing this for about 3 mo's.
I installed sql and all went well. During setup...
Column Name Case Sentive
- Hi, im Matias from Argentina,
i need to know if exist a way to change the collation of the TABLE column...
Sequential YYYYMM calc problem
- First the code...
DECLARE @Current INT
DECLARE @Prev1 INT
DECLARE @Prev2 INT
DECLARE @Prev3 INT
DECLARE @Prev4 INT
DECLARE @Prev5 INT
DECLARE @Prev6 INT
DECLARE @Prev7 INT
DB Block Size
- What is the recommended block size of operating system on dss systems?
Also what is the recommended block size of oltp...
Event ID for drop db user event
- Hi all,
is there an Event ID that gets written into Windows log when the db user is deleted? The only...
I want to create an index for a table(340G).
The data is required in descending order,and I have read that...
Designing Complex Query
I have a table Student(Section, Roll, Subjects, Marks). Now I want to display the results like the following. That means...
Index rebuild fragmentation criteria confusion
- There is tons of info regarding selective index rebuild/reorganize (with magic numbers 10-30%) depending on output of DMV sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats. But...
Inline transaction not committing properly
I'm getting the following error when trying to run the attached script
Msg 207, Level 16, State 1, Line 76
Can someone help me with the following TSQL search string extract?
I would like to extract Tow (Tow: 3PM to 8PM Mon-Fri, 4AM -11PM Fri-Sat|) information from the string below:
t-sql 2008 r2 pass paramters
- In need to pass 5 parameters to a stored procedure in sql server 2008 r2 standard edition database. The 5...
Need help in putting the correct WHERE Clause
- I'm Using the below script to get the results set accordingly.
Min(wq.WorkQueueStartWorkDate) BatchStartTime, max(wq.WorkQueueEndWorkDate) BatchEndTime,
convert(varchar(5),DateDiff(s, min(WQ.WorkQueueStartWorkDate),Max(WQ.WorkQueueEndWorkDate))/3600)+ ' Hrs' +' : '
Puzzle: vertex covers in SQL
- I have to do a book chapter on graph database. I already did “The Kevin Bacon” problem in SQL for...
Compare one row with another in a Table !
- Hi ,
House_Acc Accountid repcode
123 1 J978A
123 2 J978A
123 3 J978A
123 4 EG567
456 21 BR5TG
456 22 BR5TG
678 66 ZHR06
678 45 ZHR06
678 34 NH678
Using Results from one column to calculate another column
- Doing this in SQL 2008.
Is it possible to use the results of one column to calculate another column? Example:
Select .. VERY...
t-sql parse out data
- My goal is to parse out a company name and contact name that is the actual filename of the excel...
- How do I evenly divide $10752.00 into 7 In SSIS ?
(even division of a decimal)
For example:$102.10 / 2
Error handling in while loop...skip if failure
I have the following stored procedure that runs as a job:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[proc_Master_Schedule]
set XACT_ABORT ON
DECLARE @Count INT
Find Fields that are True
- Hi, Folks! Need help.
I have a simple table with 29 fields(unique id, 14 True/False, 14 text)
I want to find all...
Taking a vertical list and transposing it to horizontal and then grouping
Is this possible?
I have several columns, such as:
I have permutated the columns in...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
Translate rows in columns
- [font="Courier New"]
I have the following TitleDetailsRequest table: see TitleDetailsRequest.jpg attachment.
I need to get an output of the EN_No and FR_No...
Database Mail e-mail notifications not being sent on completion of backup jobs
- Hello --
I configured our backup jobs to send notifications to the administrators on their respective completion. However, the notifications have...
- Hi everyone.
Could anyone help with this one.
A database has incorrectly been restored with (RESTORE WITH NORECOVERY) configured, therefore database is...
Upgrade SQL server 05 to 08R2
- [b]Hi All,
I have upgrade the sql server 2005 to 2008R2 successfully but still it showing the Management studio in...
Performance issue due to high memory usage
We have some performance issue..SQL server is running very slow due to high memory usage..this is a 2 node active/passive...
Theoretical: Checking variable positions in a date-ordered queue
- I have a theoretical question that sprang from, of all things, looking at my public library holds this morning. :cool:...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SQL Report with multiple matrix
- I have a matrix reporting data by week by location. The matrix works great for this. The challenge, however, is...
Timeout expired in reporting services log
- We are getting the Time out expired error message in reporting service log file while executing the one report which...
Workaround - LookupFunction in 2008
I have to edit some reports in SSRS 2008 and figure that I'm going to need to use data...
access to report server url
- Using SQL SERVER 2008r2 Reporting Services. I accessed my report server url using my admin credentials. I used New Role...
Dynamic Security for dimensional members?
- Ok so here's the problem.
I have a corporate BFC (big fat cube) which some 20 different services access and within...