Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Enabling Remote DAC
Seen lots of stuff about how to enable remote DAC, but I can't find anything regarding the implications of enabling.
Stange memory and page file behaviour
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem I experienced the other day. My company operates a...
Issue installing SQL Server 2005
I am having a problem installing SQL SERVER 2005 on my windows 7 enterprise 32 bit operating system.
Backup Log Incorrect Function Message (nonrecoverable I/O error).
- We started receiving this message mid-last week:
[b]Msg 3271, Level 16, State 1, Line 4
A nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file...
How to Evaluate Performance Point 2010
- I would like to do some Proof of Concept Dashboards/Reports for my company using Performance point 2010.
Do i need...
How to set the condition based on Data flow task?
- Hi Friends,
I have a scenario that i am loading data into a table. After that i am getting the...
SSRS Custom Code Functions - SSRS2008R2 Upgrade
- Hi All,
SSRS - Calculate $ cost on monthly basis
- I am new to SSRS and stuck at a point and can not move further and so need your help
Database Diagrams tool in SQLSERVER
Is there any Database Diagrams tool in SQLSERVER ?
We are planning to design new Datawarehousing product. I am taking...
Trying to convert the result set into HTML format but have problem with XML column
- Hello everyone,
Being new to XML i have stuck in the middle of no where while converting the result set of...
Job Activity Monitor view - but where are the In Progress jobs?
- Hello all,
I wrote a view that joins the sysjob, sysjobactivity, sysjobhistory and syscategories tables together to give me a resultset...
Msg 7416, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
- I have created a linked server using Mgmt Studio (so no scripting to insert).
I have included a "Script Linked Server...
Best way to get execution plans?
I have a database used for reports that has a bunch of scalar functions on it that generate assorted record...
Issue with script component when used as destination
- Hi all,
Need help in solving an issue.
i have a SSIS pkg deployed in INT & Dev env respectively. The data flow...
Possible to determine the datetime range of loaded data to staging table?
- Hi all,
I have created a SSIS package. In the control flow i have a Execute SQL task which will truncate...
- hi all,
i want to know that ,can we shrink the database at the time of working on that database. if...
sp_send_dbmail is not giving proper formate in txt attachement of SQL query output
- Hi ,
I have following code to execute. i want to have functionality to send email for the following query output...
I'm totally new to SQL Server *.sql command files. I'd like to create a SQL file that runs the initialisation...
Logical consistency error
Often am getting logical consistency error in one my production server. Recently i did DBCC with allow dataloss option, to...
Automate DTS Column Mapping during import
- I created a DTS package that imports a flat file with 10 columns.... on occasion some of the other files...
Analyst seeking wisdoms while learning the platform
- Im a business/financial/data analyst who wishes to make a transition to a BI solutions development/BI information delivery role specializing in...
- Hi. Im with a SQL Server 8.00.2066 (SP4) 32 bits. it run on Windows Server 2003 32 bits (SP2).
- I have a job that executes fine most of the time but sometimes it fails with the error below. The...
How to automatically script-out all objects in database ?
- Hi all,
I need to automatically script out all objects from a databases similarly like in SSMS context menu in <Database>/Tasks/Generate...
convert -ve int to +ve bigint
How do you convert the -ve int value to +ve bigint value.
I have used cast and convert which didn't help.
- I have a job that has 4 steps. The first step runs the SSIS pkg. The second step calls a...
Export to CSV?
- I have a script that writes data to a temp table. I need to automatically export this to a csv...
Setting Snapshot Isolation Level
- Do i need to explicitly say SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SNAPSHOT; in each batch that i want to operate under...
divided by zero error
I am reviving this error when trying to run a query
(48 row(s) affected)
Dec 25 2011 3:30AM
Jan 1 2012 3:30AM
- ERROR:The data types varchar and bit are incompatible in the add operator.
CAN ANY ONE KNOW WHAT TYPE OF ERROR...
calling stored procedures of mysql from sql server
- when mapping the columns from sql server to mysql iam getting the following error in oledb command
iam unable to...
Import Text file into SQL....?
- Hi Team,
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I have a table with below structure.
[b]Create table temp_ttt
i want to insert data from...
Split based on the input
how to split the string based on the input
say starting is 1 and next is also 1 the difference...
Error Conversion failed when converting the varchar value 'SELECT in sql server 2008
- Hi, I have the following stored proc written using dynamic query. i am appending an integer variable to the dynaic...
SQL Newbie with some (hopefully) simple SSIS questions.
- Greetings. I hope someone can point me in the right direction as I'm new to SQL in general and SSIS...
Export wizard failed?
pl. suggestion me, what could be on issues during export to another new database by export wizard? how to resolve...
Upgrading to 2012?
- Is it worth upgrading from SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer to 2012 Developer?
I believe most companies are still using SQL...
SSIS loading only 5 of 42 fields to SQL
- Greetings all.
I am learning SSIS and having great fun with Sequence Containers, Control flows and Data flows. I believe I...
Not null Foreign key self-referencing identity column
- Hi all,
I'm wondering if there's a way to do the following:
IF OBJECT_ID('test') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE test
CREATE TABLE test
(nId INTEGER IDENTITY...
Keeping all three environment(Dev,Stag,Prod) in sync
- In our office we run jobs to keep these environment in sync. We get data from outside source and run...
Dynamically adding the schema name or populating the schema name
- We have a script that we run on various different databases of customers.
so for example it may have a line...
Len did not display right size
- I use len function to find out varchar column data size but did not display right size.
For example, in some...
2008 Central Management Server - Schedule Multi Server Query?
- Hi Everyone - I have a 2008 Central Management Server that we're able to run queries from against all our SQL...
Using xp_readmail to read mail from outer environment
Is there any way to read the (Inbox) mails from exchange servers(outside the sql server)? my first requirement is...
How to calculate percentage from two queries?
I have two queries, Query 1 - is the total result equal to 80 the Query -2 is a subtotal with...
Turning raw data into a grid layout
- Hi all,
not sure how best to explain what I'm trying to do so will try to break it down as...
Remove duplicate records?
How to find duplicate records as below query
Select A.SS_ID,A.SD_ID, A.SD_Info, A.SD_User, A.SD_Date
from dbo.BC_ShiftSummaryInfo A
Join dbo.BC_ShiftSummary B
On A.SS_ID = B.SS_ID
Query for delete records between date range?
Need Query for delete records between date range, I want delete --(3377 row(s) as below two tables
[code="sql"]Select A.SS_ID,A.SD_ID, A.SD_Info, A.SD_User,...
- I want to do sentiment analysis, I need to know how I can achieve this using SQL Server?
CTE with multiple tables
- I've seen lots of examples of CTE's on line using a single table.......my situation I need to recurse thru 2...
how to fetch records from multiple tables
- i have Demo,elections and electionshist tables where i should neglect the pepole who have status='t' from demo table and for...
i want to add column in exiting view
i am trying to use design mode. but it is throwing error . is there other wayt to add column in...
sp_OAGetProperty @obj, 'responseText', @response OUT cannot handle large output
- Hi All,
This is quite weird, so thought you can have some ideas, please:
I use HTTP POST to send and XML...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
Oracle connectivity issue with SSIS
- Hi All,
I have SQL Server 2008 R2 installed on Windows server 2008 R2. I have a requirement to fetch the...
bcp queryout blob data from oracle
- hi @all,
i've got a problem and feel a little out of ideas:
i'va a website where i upload attachments via html...
Transaction Log file Deletion or movement?
- Hello All,
I have a Query Please help me out about this:
Scenerio is, I have a database server which have a...
Dev Licensing questions!?
- hi all,
trying to get my head around licensing. specifically in a dev environment.
Could i get some feedback on...
Database Monitoring tool
Do anyone knows what is the best tool for database monitoring. Basically I need to monitor more than 50 database...
Taking a vertical list and transposing it to horizontal and then grouping
Is this possible?
I have several columns, such as:
I have permutated the columns in...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
- Hi All,
This is Rangaraja.im fresher.
Can anyone please explain mostly used in real time DBCC Commands?
convert month name to month number
- Hi All
How should i convert the month name to month number like
'April' it should converted to 4
'January' it should converted...
How can i apply Deny Permission regarding sys.database and sys.tables etc to users ?
- I need urgent help regarding permissions:
[b]Restrict the the user for viewing,updating,inserting,selection and creation of tables ,stored procedures,views ?
Restrict user to...
How can i resolve undistributed commands in Transaction replication
We are reconfigured publication and subscription but undistributed commands to subscriber is showing very huge
No command to be distributed...
Log Shipping exe location
- Hi All
Environment: 2 Node Cluster, Win2008 Ent, SQL 2008 Sp3 Ent
Log Shipping was always working fine, even after failover between...
- The company which i work for have just introduced Veeam backup and replication as the method of backing up the...
Slow Transaction Log Deletes?
- I have a sever that has around 230 databases ranging from 1 gig up to 300+ gigs. Running SQL 2008...
- Every now and then snapshots fail to be created. The following query:
CREATE DATABASE Admin_SnapShot ON
(Name = [Admin], FILENAME ='E:\SQLData\Admin_SnapShot.ss')
Index optimization failed for User databases
Index optimization job is failing with the below error ::
Executed as user: XXXXXXXXX. Incorrect syntax near '-'. [SQLSTATE 42000]...
Reuilding the index.
- I am a newbie.I am learning SQL Server through the articles present on internet. I am a bit confused regarding...
Internal tables, inserted and deleted tables, change tracking
- I understand that change tracking writes changes to "internal tables." Are these in the database that the change tracking is...
Growth in tempdb and more RAM
- In general, would adding more memory reduce the growth of the tempdb during general operations of SQL Server?
Could nested loops cause the growth in tempdb?
- I believe hash joins can cause growth in the tempdb if there is insufficient memory. I don't think nested loops...
Are these SQLIO results ok? Need to ensure that new SAN IO latency is topnotch
Just run SQLIO on my new Cluster and got very interesting results that I would like to share and/or get...
Faster way to release the Unused Space back to Disk
I have few databases that have 8 data files allocated with 300 GB each and used only 110 - 120...
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Training Kit (Exam 70-461) publishing delay
- I've been waiting patiently for this training kit coming out for months now, expectantly waiting for it's arrival end of...
Money vs Job Satisfaction, where is the balance?
- Im currently in a job i really enjoy. As a consultant for a small specialized database consultancy firm I get...
Query local SSMS server group with Powershell?
- This may be a totally off the wall question, but it seems like it should be possible to do. Just...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
DASHBOARDS with Reporting Services
- Hi to all.
My question is HOW TO CREATE a DASHBOARD with REPORTING SERVICES 2008 r2 ???
Have anyone any suggest about...
Unable to connect to datasource pointing to Dev environment
- Hi All,
I have a strange issue with SSRS 2005 , The issue is the report works fine from BIDS , but not...
MultiValue parameter, select all no data
- I have an SSRS 2005 report (DB = SQL 2005), running on SSRS 2008 report server. There are total 6 datasets...
Optimal Database Filesize in Filegroup
- Hi there,
I was wondering if there is experience one where about the optimal filesize for databases (2012) lies.
I am creating...
Storage Subsystems and RAMDisks
- We're setting up a new database server for our OLTP and smaller website databases, and disk performance is a big...
Run 2012 SSIS package on SQL Server 2005
- Hello all,
We work alot with mysql and will only be doing more, although sql server will remain prevalent. We...
SSIS2005: DataFlow Task from OLE DB Source to Excel File Destination
- Hi guys,
Once again it looks like Excel is the poor relation in SSIS.
I am trying to create a DataFlow task...
SQL 2008 SSIS package Conversion error
I have a package loading data from a flat file to a table. At about 90,000 rows one of the...
Hierarchies in Tabular SSAS 2012
- I created a tabular model of Adventure Works DW 2012. I created a Date Hierarchy in dimDate for Calendar Year...
- Anybody knows how to put in a table of sql server the result of a MDX Query?
So, I write a...
Hierarchy from two different dimensions
- Is it possible to have a hierarchy that contains attributes from two different dimensions?