Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Question about server alias
- We currently have two production servers at my company, let's call them DB1 and DB2, each with a handful of...
Restore database to a remote server
- Hello Everyone,
I am fairly new to this forum and have some experience with SQL. I was recently assigned a project...
SSRS - Calculate $ cost on monthly basis
- I am new to SSRS and stuck at a point and can not move further and so need your help
Turn off auto-stats at table level in 2005?
- Hi Folks,
Is it possible to turn off automatic stats gathering at the table-level in SQL 2005? I want to turn...
Issue with script component when used as destination
- Hi all,
Need help in solving an issue.
i have a SSIS pkg deployed in INT & Dev env respectively. The data flow...
- hi all,
i want to know that ,can we shrink the database at the time of working on that database. if...
data for Min/Max rows
- Hi All,
Please can someone tell me how to select min/max rows in a single query similar to the one below.
Birthdays in next 7 days
I need to display all the employees whose date of birth comes in the next 7 days. I have tried...
SQL 2008 R2 Replication help
- We have two separate production db servers whose only difference is data content. We are trying to publish the data...
SSRS--KeepTogether for Footers of Nested Groups
- Running 2008 R2. I have reports with Row Groups nested to a level of 3 and 4. Each group has...
SQL Query including date
I want to select records such that if a user logs in again within 10 minutes it should ignore...
SQL Server 2008 - profiler settings
- I am collecting queries using sql profiler which are taking more than 10 seconds using column filters. I also want...
Upgrading to 2012?
- Is it worth upgrading from SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer to 2012 Developer?
I believe most companies are still using SQL...
How to install an oracle linked server on SQL Server 2008 r2 failover cluster manager
- How to install an oracle linked server on SQL Server 2008 r2 failover cluster manager
I'm reading some articles and applying...
Turning raw data into a grid layout
- Hi all,
not sure how best to explain what I'm trying to do so will try to break it down as...
Remove duplicate records?
How to find duplicate records as below query
Select A.SS_ID,A.SD_ID, A.SD_Info, A.SD_User, A.SD_Date
from dbo.BC_ShiftSummaryInfo A
Join dbo.BC_ShiftSummary B
On A.SS_ID = B.SS_ID
Query for delete records between date range?
Need Query for delete records between date range, I want delete --(3377 row(s) as below two tables
[code="sql"]Select A.SS_ID,A.SD_ID, A.SD_Info, A.SD_User,...
is it possible to change an instance server properties with T-SQL ?
can i change the properties of a server instance with T-SQL ...like Enabling mixed mode or change the name of...
Need To Generate XML File
I Have Table Data For The Following Stucture..
[code="sql"]CREATE TABLE [dbo].[xmldata](
[FirstName] [varchar](110) NULL,
[LastName] [varchar](210) NULL,
[Email] [varchar](110) NULL,
[Phone] [varchar](110) NULL,
[Position] [varchar](110) NULL,
TSQL and percentile (not percentilerank :)
- Hi all,
I would like to ask for some help and maybe the best practices on calculating the 90th percentile using...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
Taking a vertical list and transposing it to horizontal and then grouping
Is this possible?
I have several columns, such as:
I have permutated the columns in...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
Grant create proc permission to a user-defined role
- First off, a Happy New Year 2013 to all. Maybe I'm suffering from the after-effects of last night but I...
editting data in an encrypted column
- Hi all,
I'm attempting (unsuccessfully) to reset a password, the issue is that the column with the passwords in is...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
How to do data quality ( name, address, account, data , matching/reconciliation) using SQL server 2008
- Dear Experts,
Happy new year to all of you!!!!
1) Could you please provide some info on how to do data quality...
- Hi all,
I'm new to reporting services and i would like to see if the following objective can be accomplished...
SQL Server Integration and Browser services were stopped by its own
- Hi all,
In our environment Integration and Browser services were stopped by its own.I dono why its happening daily and manually...
- Anybody knows how to put in a table of sql server the result of a MDX Query?
So, I write a...