Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Data update from one database to another database (Insert and Update both)
I have 2 database tables.
1) From Production
2) From Dev.
The task is to move the data from Production to Dev Server....
Getting error when setting up subscription
- I get the following error when setting up subscription:
- Creating subscription for 'CISSW-YUKON04' (Warning)
Unable to set the Publisher login...
Analyst seeking wisdoms while learning the platform
- Im a business/financial/data analyst who wishes to make a transition to a BI solutions development/BI information delivery role specializing in...
sys.database_files is_name_reserved column usage
while reading the excellent SQL Server 2008 Internals book I came across this column description in sys.database_files
[i]is_name_reserved 1 = Dropped file...
Simple SQL Query
- I have the following table in my database:
dataName graph yesNo
data1 pie 1
data1 pie 1
data1 bar 0
data1 line 1
- Question1: How can a user, say User1, be able to lock a row, say Row1, and any dependent rows, say...
Writing a Single Trigger on Two Relations
I have an application running on my system. There is a certain module that if I click on 'Save' button,...
Upgrading to 2012?
- I was wondering if anyone had opinions on upgrading from 2008 R2 to 2012. I am currently using 2008 R2...
Database restore issue
I am facing an error while restoring adventure works database to my sql server 2008.
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management...
how to find resource database location
- how to find resource database location
send sms to a mobile phone from sql server 2008
- hey everybody ! please can someone tell me if we send sms to a mobile phone from SQL SERVER 2008
2008 Central Management Server - Schedule Multi Server Query?
- Hi Everyone - I have a 2008 Central Management Server that we're able to run queries from against all our SQL...
CTE with multiple tables
- I've seen lots of examples of CTE's on line using a single table.......my situation I need to recurse thru 2...
I want to group records by moving group by one field for example:
I have table with measurements with structure:...
Need To Generate XML File
I Have Table Data For The Following Stucture..
[code="sql"]CREATE TABLE [dbo].[xmldata](
[FirstName] [varchar](110) NULL,
[LastName] [varchar](210) NULL,
[Email] [varchar](110) NULL,
[Phone] [varchar](110) NULL,
[Position] [varchar](110) NULL,
sp_OAGetProperty @obj, 'responseText', @response OUT cannot handle large output
- Hi All,
This is quite weird, so thought you can have some ideas, please:
I use HTTP POST to send and XML...
Database Monitoring tool
Do anyone knows what is the best tool for database monitoring. Basically I need to monitor more than 50 database...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
sql sever 2005 logshipping
- i got below issue in the SQL Server 2005 log shipping
Log Shipping Backup job has failing since 1 week with...
- Dear Friends
1-1-How to know the fragmentation size for whole database not only for certain table, to decide if it exexceeds...
Log File Size Issue
One my DB Log File Grown to large and now user were getting "transaction Log Full" error.
When i checked server...
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Training Kit (Exam 70-461) publishing delay
- I've been waiting patiently for this training kit coming out for months now, expectantly waiting for it's arrival end of...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
unable to connect on all instances on remote machine
- Hi, I have a virtual network with machine DC (AD DC), Machine A and Machine B all on the same...