Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server ''XXX; SQLServerAgent cannot start).
- Hi Everyone....
I am getting this issue in windows server 2003 server cluster....I try to bring agent node online but no...
Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
- We are migrating from sqlserver 2000 to sql server 2005 and Now i am stcuk with this strange thing which...
Stripping out all non-numerical characters
SELECT accountid,New_Column = REPLACE(telephone1,SUBSTRING(telephone1,PATINDEX('[^0-9]',telephone1),1),'')
I have the script above which I thought would remove all non-numerical characters from the field...
- Hi Guys
Whereas I did not find my problem here, I am posting the new one.
Actually I set up a transactional...
how to refresh a table in subscriber
i have two program ([U]App1[/U] And[U] App2[/U]) on two seperate system.on [U]App1[/U] there is a database named [U]DB1[/U] and on...
- I am using Sql 2008 server and Dreamweaver cs4 and wanting to use asp.net. Or how to connect to Sql...
Query balance of account from two or more tables
- I am having two tables as follows
srno vouchertype voucherprefix voucherno crparty cramount
1 PURCHASE P 1 2 55000
2 PAYMENT R 1...
big table insert advice
- Hi I need to refresh data in a table from another table. It has about ~14 million records that need...
Triangle join on same table
I have a problem that I need to have a solution for. The problem today is performance.
I have a row...
Dynamically adding the schema name or populating the schema name
- We have a script that we run on various different databases of customers.
so for example it may have a line...
Len did not display right size
- I use len function to find out varchar column data size but did not display right size.
For example, in some...
SSRS 2008 mail issue
i have setup the database mail fine and can send database mail. But from SSRS subcription on SQL 2008 sp1....
- Hi all,
I have a 1T, high I/O database in a SAN environment on which I have planned the database files...
How often are indexes updated?
- When an index is created with STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, how frequently is the index updated? Is it updated every time the...
Data type precedency ntext and hierarchyid
- Tinyint and bit have a higher precedence than ntext. Why is this? Couldn't ntext we complex alphanumeric values? Tinyint and...
Cross Apply to get child parent value from Xml in SQL Server
- I have following xml:
t-sql 2008 avoid a cartesian product
- For a customer, I need to load data from excel 2010 spreadsheets into a sql server 2008 r2 database for...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
force input of another field when putting a value of 1 in field
- I have a field to indicate a delete which will be a text char of "1" in a field called...
Number weeks of work
- Number weeks of work
I should check that the the number weeks of work for the five names is...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
Problem With AdventureWorks
I am new to this forum and would like some help with SQL Server 2008 R2 Express. I downloaded SQL...
Is database mirroring used much in the industry?
- I'm curious because some features of SQL Server are not used that frequently in businesses. What types of business environments...
Resource database is read-only
- Even though the resource database is read-only, it is updated by SQL Server, right?
Does sys.dm_db_missing_index_details have information that results in...
Profiler capturing certain events for performance tuning
- I read that a typical trace to tune the SQL Server's performance is to include SQL:BatchCompleted and RPC:Completed events. Is...
Large objects in SQL Server
- I know large objects aren't stored in rows (e.g., varchar(max) and BLOB data). Filestream data is stored directly on the...
- I know that this is slighty a 'depends' question but our server is heaver user transactional server.
Our SQL 2008R2 server...
JobName Not found error
- HI All,
I'm seeing a intresting error on one of my SQL Instance.
Below is the script I'm running,, connecting to...
Using ::fn_dblog() to find who deleted the rows in a table.
- Hi All,
Recently some one deleted some rows from a table. I was asked to find out who did it. Since...
Conversation group and message queue. Plus some industry questions.
- How does a message queue relate to a conversation group and the service broker?
Is Service Broker used much in the...
What are you planning to do in 2013 in the database domain?
- 2013 is on the way. Warm greetings to all of you first.
I am posting the questions here to collect and...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Reporting services FAQ
Anyone give me the links for FAQ in reporting services. Thanks in advance.
Different RAID controllers for performance and SANs
- I hear it is best to have at least three disk controllers for these items:
-SQL Server main installation (master database...