Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQLServerAgent could not be started (reason: Unable to connect to server ''XXX; SQLServerAgent cannot start).
- Hi Everyone....
I am getting this issue in windows server 2003 server cluster....I try to bring agent node online but no...
Replication in sql 2000
- Hi Guys
Whereas I did not find my problem here, I am posting the new one.
Actually I set up a transactional...
SQL Server Performance Problems
- Hi Guys
Occasionally at peak times of the day I get I/O errors on my SQL server (v 2005, 16 core...
Restore database to a remote server
- Hello Everyone,
I am fairly new to this forum and have some experience with SQL. I was recently assigned a project...
Data update from one database to another database (Insert and Update both)
I have 2 database tables.
1) From Production
2) From Dev.
The task is to move the data from Production to Dev Server....
NAMED SETS - Help
- Hi to all.
I use SSAS 2008 R2 and inside a cube i need to insert a NAMED SET.
I studied about...
Where clause Case Statement and IN
- How do I correct the following statement:
Declare @Component smallint = -1
Select srcComment.Comment As Comment, t.NameFull As CommentType, parenttypeId As Component,
I am facing one issue in SP at prod. which is running at QA and staging within 1-2 mins. But...
LEFT JOIN vs EXCEPT
- HI All,
I have just come across the except tool in SQL 2005 and have been running some performance checks to...
Stripping out all non-numerical characters
SELECT accountid,New_Column = REPLACE(telephone1,SUBSTRING(telephone1,PATINDEX('[^0-9]',telephone1),1),'')
I have the script above which I thought would remove all non-numerical characters from the field...
creating a table to show month and year
- I need to refer to a temp table which has all the months and dynamically shows the years.
Trimming special characters
- One of our developers created this UDF to trim out special characters...is there a better way to do this?
How to find a history of replication setups and removals?
- We had replication for several database that was setup some time ago. Now we found that one of these databases...
- I have a Old database which was created way back in 2006, it had many data..
& that DB is been...
I have a dashboard which contains many RDL reports but it takes about 30 minutes. How can improve the performance...
Script through which we cannot store data into ldf file
[b]Query:[/b]I delete a table in sql server 2008,and,i do not want this entry to go to our ldf(log files).In this...
SSIS PACKAGE DOUBT
- Hi Guys,
I need a small help, I need to execute package with input parameter.
The command which i have...
where freaks met the fashion establishment beneath the spinning mirrorball of Burberry Outlet
- [url=http://www.louisvuittonoutlethandbagsdiscount.us]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url] where freaks met the fashion establishment beneath the spinning mirrorball of the club of the moment,At $48....
Someone must be careful while lifting inferior quality bags and Yves Discount Louis Vuitton
- [url=http://www.louisvuittonoutlethandbagsdiscount.us]www.louisvuittonoutlethandbagsdiscount.us[/url] Someone must be careful while lifting inferior quality bags and Yves Saint Laurent is a brand name in the...
has made a virtue out of top to toe leather dressing www.burberryscarfmore.us decades
- [url=http://www.louisvuittonoutlethandbagsdiscount.us]Louis Vuitton Handbags[/url] has made a virtue out of top-to-toe leather dressing for decades, there you are. I'm sure I'd...
she says she was initially denied medical care for blisters on Burberry Outlet
- [url=http://www.louisvuittonoutlethandbagsdiscount.us]Louis Vuitton Outlet[/url] she says she was initially denied medical care for blisters on her fingers,New and just in time...
I have to keep in a login history table the user's operating system / operating system version / browser / browser version / device...
New login is created but user cant login using credientials ?
- I created users with login option in security tab in sql server 2008 R2 running on windows 7 successfully and...
big table insert advice
- Hi I need to refresh data in a table from another table. It has about ~14 million records that need...
Dynamically adding the schema name or populating the schema name
- We have a script that we run on various different databases of customers.
so for example it may have a line...
Unable to shrink a 50GB log db file
- Hello there,
I'm trying to shrink a 50GB log db file down to GB using the following script.
SQL 2008 CLustering
- Team, I need to set-up clustering and need your thoughts and ideas whether i should have my primay server on...
- Hi all,
I have a 1T, high I/O database in a SAN environment on which I have planned the database files...
t-sql 2008 avoid a cartesian product
- For a customer, I need to load data from excel 2010 spreadsheets into a sql server 2008 r2 database for...
Linked server query performance
- Hello, not really sure if this is the right part of the forum for this question but I have a...
Retrieve results from table with latest timestamp
I have a table with syn_trans with below cols:
There is no unique/primary key on the...
matching user to password
- can anyone tell me the basic T-SQL for looking up a user and their password in a loging I'm creating?...
Something fissy about DELETE
- I create a table as [code="sql"]CREATE TABLE DEMO (A INT)[/code]
Then i deleted it as follow
I tried to again recreate...
Need help in calculating the RUNTIME of my Job's ETL
- Hi All,
I have 58 sequentially run jobs as part of our Database ETL. So, I took the start time...
Finding a quote in a string
- What can I use to find if a string contains a '? I know how to replace the quote with a...
ORDER BY Should be same as my input in IN()
- DECLARE @T TABLE(ID INT,NAME VARCHAR(10))
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(1,'PPP')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(2,'AAA')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(2,'ZZZ')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(3,'XYZ')
INSERT INTO @T...
T-SQL query to add multiple valued report parameter
where Persons.P_id IN (@P_id)
the above query consider only one parameter when I try to...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
force input of another field when putting a value of 1 in field
- I have a field to indicate a delete which will be a text char of "1" in a field called...
SQL Server consuming 90% Memory
- Hello Masters,
My sql server has 12GB of RAM, I got alerts from windows team that SQL Server consuming about 90%...
download sql server management studio RTM 9.00 1399.00
- Can anybody show me the download link sql server management studio RTM 9.00 1399.00 (not express version).
Backing up & Restoring a DB
I have a db which I would like to backup and restore.
Currently I go to db, right click tasks and...
Permutations of Columns in a Table
I have several columns, such as:
one size fits all
I need to...
Number weeks of work
- Number weeks of work
I should check that the the number weeks of work for the five names is...
Create Table and Bulk Insert
- Hi guys,
I have a .csv file wich has the following information (exactly like this):
List Name: User
editting data in an encrypted column
- Hi all,
I'm attempting (unsuccessfully) to reset a password, the issue is that the column with the passwords in is...
While executing below update_statistics script on SQL 2008 R2 i'm getting table captured_columns does not exist.
- --DROP TABLE STATS_TAB
--drop proc UPD_STATISTICS
--Syntax for Usage
--exec upd_statistics 'PUBS' OR
--exec upd_statistics 'PUBS'
ALTER PROC UPD_STATISTICS (@DBNAME...
- I know that this is slighty a 'depends' question but our server is heaver user transactional server.
Our SQL 2008R2 server...
Log File Size Issue
One my DB Log File Grown to large and now user were getting "transaction Log Full" error.
When i checked server...
Hardware or Bad Queries = Performance issues?
- Help Please!!
How can one identify whether performance issues on a SQL 2008 R2 server are being caused by Hardware or...
JobName Not found error
- HI All,
I'm seeing a intresting error on one of my SQL Instance.
Below is the script I'm running,, connecting to...
Powershell execution error
I have a script that was executing a powershell script from within a batch file with the following syntax:
Query local SSMS server group with Powershell?
- This may be a totally off the wall question, but it seems like it should be possible to do. Just...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
can not access master stored proc
I have the below code
declare @ret int
DECLARE @XMLFile varchar(255)
SET @XMLFile = 'C:\myfile.xml'
exec @ret = master..xp_FileExists @XMLFile
When I execute this its throwing...
Too many gifts to count
- [i][b][size="2"]I want to thank all the staff and contributing members of SQL Server Central for the wealth of knowlege and...
Any alternative to Reporting Services designer?
has anyone experienced an alternative to the standard SSRS designer?
I mean something more similar to an Adobe Illustrator, with more...
Need help in Building a parameterized Report.
- Hi All,
I have a ETL design which has 58 Tasks that it does every day. Each ETL is assigned...
Damn Workgroup Administrator!
- We've been using Workgroup for more years than I have toes. In Access 2010 when I use the DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWorkgroupAdministrator...