Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Find out the SQL Server restart date/time with TSQL
I am just wondering if there is way to figure out when SQL Server was last restarted using TSQL?
big table insert advice
- Hi I need to refresh data in a table from another table. It has about ~14 million records that need...
SQL Server Error 22007
- Dear Gurus,
I am facing SQL server error in Production your valuable input is required urgently.
please see attached sheet.
TLOG GROWING VERY LARGE
I have implemented mirroring (high safety without automatic failover) and replication (snapshot replication) simaltaneously on the same database. But my...
- is it possible to create a PPTR replication in one server(node). Both publisher and subscriber in one SQL 2008 server?
Unwanted parameter truncation
- I'm about ready to blow my brains out. I just spent almost a day chasing a weird error in a...
SQL 2008 CLustering
- Team, I need to set-up clustering and need your thoughts and ideas whether i should have my primay server on...
Something fissy about DELETE
- I create a table as [code="sql"]CREATE TABLE DEMO (A INT)[/code]
Then i deleted it as follow
I tried to again recreate...
select where searchvalues are in list
- Hello all,
I am trying to select row from a table where the column contains values from a list. I tried...
Need help in calculating the RUNTIME of my Job's ETL
- Hi All,
I have 58 sequentially run jobs as part of our Database ETL. So, I took the start time...
help!!! calculate average rolling 4 last weeks
- Hi All,
I need your help.
Database: SQL SERVER 2008R2
I want to calculte for a year and a week the average of...
ORDER BY Should be same as my input in IN()
- DECLARE @T TABLE(ID INT,NAME VARCHAR(10))
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(1,'PPP')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(2,'AAA')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(2,'ZZZ')
INSERT INTO @T VALUES(3,'XYZ')
INSERT INTO @T...
Time - Adding minutes and seconds
- I have the 2 columns with time datatypes.
select top 5 [Connect Time2],[totalTime2] from dbo.verizonDetails
Connect Time2 totalTime2
I want to add the...
Backing up & Restoring a DB
I have a db which I would like to backup and restore.
Currently I go to db, right click tasks and...
Permutations of Columns in a Table
I have several columns, such as:
one size fits all
I need to...
Number weeks of work
- Number weeks of work
I should check that the the number weeks of work for the five names is...
TempDB and SSDs
- Has anyone noticed a significant boost in performance from running their TempDB on SSDs?
JobName Not found error
- HI All,
I'm seeing a intresting error on one of my SQL Instance.
Below is the script I'm running,, connecting to...
Index reorg VS rebuild, round 1
- So, I read alot of people saying Rebuild over 30% fill factor 80%! reorg under 30% only! What is the...
- Dear Friends
I have made a maintenance plan to reorganize index daily, but this error showed to me and I don't...
Using ::fn_dblog() to find who deleted the rows in a table.
- Hi All,
Recently some one deleted some rows from a table. I was asked to find out who did it. Since...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Need help in Building a parameterized Report.
- Hi All,
I have a ETL design which has 58 Tasks that it does every day. Each ETL is assigned...