Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Importance of enhancing your fire safety knowledge
- Residential fires, fires at workplace, and environmental fires can result in lethal burns and fatal injuries. Want to save your...
corrupted mdf file
- hello: i was given a corrupted mdf file, the server the database (sql 2000) crashed and the only file recovered...
Data Import from CSV file
- I have a CSV file which is having record like mentioned below.
UserName User Id Type
RamKumar ram MSAD
RamaC rama MSAD
RamesK rames MSAD
Rameshv ramesh MSAD
RamKumar ramp PCG
Ramig rami ...
Database master key and symmetric keys protection
- Hi guys,
A quick question about encryption:
What is the reason why the database master key can not protect symmetric keys directly...
Amount of data
- I was wondering if there is a way to "trap" or track the amount of data (in bytes) that a...
Transactio log growth
- hello experts,
i have a scnerio in one of my production server, one table is very highly transactional (inserts and deletion...
- I have a requirement where i need to take daily backup with datetime stamp , the issue is we have limited...
how to write a stored procedure to check if the members membership has expired
- i have a table named users where i have two three column userid, email, membershipexpiry
i want to write a stored...
Keeping track of the number of times a record appears in query results
- Goal: I have a web site for people to search for doctors. For marketing purposes for doctors, in my stored...
Dependent Delete statements
- i need to delete the records from a table with multiple conditions , like below first i am clearing non numeric...
SQL IO Performance
- I'm running out of brain cells trying to figure out what I've overlooked. Hoping someone has a quick checklist of...
string with int
- pretty basic so appreciate the help here,getting conversion error , what is the way to have int variable in the string?
String manipulation with variable
- i am trying to use @datestamp variable in simple string , but not luck , i dont want to use another variable...
Merge Statement over a linked server
- Does anyone know a way of running a MERGE statement across 2 tables over a linked server?
Getting the message "The...
read UNCOMMITTED run slower than read COMMITTED
I have the following query which runs considerably slower when we change the isolation level to read uncomitted, I just...
Converting a string to a date
- Hello everyone, I have 3 fields, all text strings but all supposed to represent dates.
Field 1: varchar in the...
SQL find maximum of table generated with select
- Hi guys.
Newb in SQL with what i hope is an easy one:
FROM (SELECT t1.c1, SUM(t1.c2) as adding
FROM Table1 t1
How do I make the users group i.e. domainname\users to be able to only select from tableA but user1 and...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Lots of Key Lookups vs. UniqueIdentifier Clustered Index
I'm working on a system that was originally designed with UUID (uniqueIdentifier) clustered indexes.
Later the clustered indexes were rebuilt on...
Heeeelp !!!!!!!!!!!! SSIS Incremental loading.
- Hi All,
Excuse me for my bad english.
I am newbie in SSIS.
I need your help.
Configuration: sql server 2008R2.
I have ssis package...
SSIS process fails as a job but not when manually executed
I have a SSIS process that is failing on a data pump step when it is executed as a job....
What is the best approach for defining server name in OLE DB connection for SSIS package running in different environments?
I am using SSIS in SQL Server 2008 R2 and have been creating packages for a few years, but have...