Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SNAPSHOT Isolation with (NOLOCK) being used all over
- Recently, my applications architect decided that we needed to change the level of the database Isolation from the the default...
- I want to confirm that I am reading the deadlock information properly. It looks like to me that there are...
Sql Server backup time expired
I'm with a problem with an database in Sql Server 2008 with compatibility level 80.. scary the compatibility level.. but...
- Hi, for below query , i need to avoid hardcoding for any particular year, i need to get any year data...
week data in ssas MDX
- Hi All,
my current problem is if any user selects week 'X' in report filter , it needs to display data upto...
How to use SSIS to map input excel data file fields to a existing target table columns
I have a task of comparing a set of data, which is contained within an Excel spreadsheet with a set...
Business Intelligence on the Developer computer
- I am confused. I hope someone can give me some direction.
From the old sql 2000 we used to create DTS...
Reg: Date Inerval
i am working examination schedule project.now my scenario is university already given two dates.examination start date and end date.i...
Copy DB Tables from PRod to DEV
I have situation that my developer wants some tables from Prodction DB server to their desktop m/c.
We have already sql...
Does READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ignore ROWLOCK hints?
I'm planning to change the isolation mode of a DB that is in READ_COMMITTED Isolation mode to READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT. On the...
Regarding sql server 2005
- i am new comer of sql server 2005
how to study to sql server 2005
what are the concepts should study to...
Retrieve data from SQL Server using most resource,memory and long running query in SQL Server.
- Retrieve data from SQL Server using most resource,memory and long running query in SQL Server.
Also how to retrieve data from...
which below services are useful in sqlserver
- HI all
which below services are useful in sqlserver which cannot be disabled ???
Application Layer Gateway Service
Client Services for...
Deadlock that I cannot figure out.
I have a deadlock occurring and cannot figure it out, it involves an update and a delete of a row.
Help MS SQL Join Problems
- I am by no means a SQL master. I am trying to access data from two tables that are relational...
Automated e-mail from sql server 2005 when the CPU utilization is high
- Hi Friend,
Is is possilbe to have an automated e-mail from sql server 2005 when the CPU utilization is high
- any info on really good interview questions for a sql server dba?
I am trying to use nvarchar(MAX) variable for one of my dynamic sql query. However, the query string is getting...
new comer of sql server 2005
- how to study sql server 2005, as a dotnet developer what are the concepts should know and what are the...
This query taking long time for execution inthis case what should i do
- HI all
SELECT Rtrim(CUST_ACID),rtrim(pmt_id),rtrim(AC_NAME),rtrim(txn_amt),rtrim(pmt_rmks) from payawdb.dbo.pmts,acmt where payawdb.dbo.pmts.cust_acid=acmt.acid and bill_ref_info in
1.this query is taking long time for execution and...
find % CPU from dm_os_performance_counters
- Hi ,
Iam collecting a baseline report for one of the sql server instance, where i have only instance level access,...
Destination data checking
Destination (OLE DB) has two table with existing data. (table1 : Person with Bonus and Table2: Person without bonus)
The requirement is...
Create A stored proc template that checks if exists then Alter otherwise create
- I am trying to create a template for our developers for stored procedures. I want the logic to be the...
Failed Simple Maintenance Plan only when Full Backups do not run
- Hello all.
Let me start off that I'm new to SQL administration and have inherited an older server that serves the...
Is there a way to Identify if a database is no longer in use
- Hi Guys,
Is there a way to identify old databases that are not in use? :-D
Well aside from checking the...
SSIS - exporting view to csv
I am exporting a view to CSV, however 1 of the columns is a smalldatetime and i would like the...
- My data is the log of changes to 3 specific records for an AppID. The AppCatID describes the 3 different...
Script to create realistic generic financial data
- Hi SSC,
This morning I was doing some work from home on some work transcribing a financial algorithm into SQL, when...
Reads too high on indexed-table update
- I'm trying to understand why SQL Profiler shows high values of reads in the following scenario:
Run the following code to...
- Hi Experts,
Need your help in fixing this issue.
I installed SQL server 2008 [b]Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP2) - 10.0.4000.0 (Intel X86)...
Performance issue while fetching 20000000 records
I have some 20000000 rows in my database. While fetching records on some criteria it take too much time. I...
what is new method in create a script in (scptxfr.exe') for 2008
- what is new method in create a script in (scptxfr.exe') for 2008
how to store perfmon data(.csv) into sql table.create a schedule job
- how to store perfmon data(.csv) into sql table.create a schedule job
SQL Trace causes application to hang
We've recently upgraded to Windows 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 SP + CU4, multi-instance cluster. 32 cores (64 with h/t),...
Need stored procedure in sql 2008 which scripts all the database
- We used the below procedure to script all the Databases in sql server 2000
CREATE Procedure dbObjectBackup
DECLARE @name VARCHAR(50)...
How to find which are all databases are in use in sql server 2008
I have a SQL Server 2000 box that houses several databases, some of which are probably no longer in use....
MAX behavior difference with nvarchar and varchar column types
- Hi All,
We are getting different results for MAX function with nvarchar and varchar columns.
create table my_table(id1 nvarchar(10), id2 varchar(10);
- i have master tables in one database and child table in one database, but no relationship between them, need to...
Changing Column Data type
We need to change int column to bigint data type on a primary key column.
So we generate script from managment...
directional based search
- sql 2008 r2 setup, full-text is enabled if required here.
Would anybody be able to share some implementation steps for seaching...
Script to get list of databases for which a user has db_owner database role ?
- What is the command to get list of databases for which a user has db_owner database role ?
Database disk usage
- IS there a sp to show disk usage of a Database?
Ignore fields with Commas
- Hi all,
I have a dataflow task that makes an initial connection to a flatfile csv. There are 4 columns ie:...
Execute scripts from directory by desired order
- Hi All,
I need to execute 300 .sql scripts from a directory. They are named like:
and they are listed in this...
how to handle "timestamp" datatype value in sql server
I am getting trouble to pass the value of column2 to of my table in SQL stored procedure from...
how can i write 2 select statements in single procedure
- Hi all,
how can i write 2 select statements in single procedure.
How to check mirrored database
I have implemented database mirroring with automatic failover option. My principal database is a busy one. Now I am not...
Do not get the notification when the job fails
- I have everything configured, have the sendemail stored procedure under msdb, havethe operators,
same configuration on other 2 servers work with...
- Hi All,
I was asked to do capacity planning of SQL 2005 & 2008 servers. What are some of the things you...
SQL Service Broker - Administratively Disabled
- Have implemented SQL Service Broker at one customer's site and it is up and running fine. Took the same scripts...
Script failed for StoredProcedure "dbo.XXX"
I am getting below error while trying to read stored procedure script from database using SMO.
Script failed for StoredProcedure
Weekly data converted to months
- Hi all. Hope you can help. I have data that is structured by week format.
Year Week Total
2012 49 10
Adventure Works database
- I treid to install the Adventure Works sample database in my system but am not able to install that..
Which is best Inner join or Left outer join
- hope i get a solution here
This is my DB structure
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TableA](
[id] [int] NOT NULL,
[AName] [varchar](50) NULL,
[address] [nchar](10) NULL,
multiple columns to single column (normalization)
- Hi, I'm working on normalizing a small part of our DB, but having trouble building a particular query that would...
Default fillfactor kept by SQL Server when it is rebuilding the indexes.
When we want to do performance tuning we usually rebuild the indexes. When SQL Server is rebuilding this indexes it...
need help with a query
- I want to compare column values of 2 consecutive records in a table of 425 records and capture the column...
List of SP
- Hi guys,
Need help, how i can get the list of SP in my Database that were not accessed in...
Update statement question
- I'm doing a DB review and have always been taught to write updates with a Join like using this syntax.
Optimization of stored procedures
I have a number of stored procedures used for reporting and whenever we run these reports it slows down the...
switching address with Subtring & len funtion
- I have something out of order what is it I'm not sure, I want to
reverse the field(s) Doe.John@CompanyABC.com to
No record count in PIVOT
I have the following query to count the number of employees per costcenter using the pivot command.
The @Columns parameter declares...
searching for address matches using sql server 2008 full text search
I am not sure how to search for address matches using sql server 2008 full text search.
All the above...
How to delete only one of a set of duplicates
- I have made some mistakes in my programming, ending op in a 1:many, where one of the 'Many' is dulicated.
Unique constraint column using nvarchar(max)??
- Can anyone help please?
Can I use nvarchar(max) when creating a unique constraint on a column and if not (which I...
SSRS Newbie - Advice
I have installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Advanced Tools to gain access to SSRS. I have also installed...
DATEADD minus 1 month - Questions?
- Hi, hopefully a bit of an obvious question, but I need to run the following on a daily basis to...
Two Rows Returned as One for Reporting
I've got a problem that may or may not have a possible solution. What I'm essentially trying to achieve is...
New DBA job, done some digging on Database and have some concerns!
- I've recently started a Job at company working as the sole DBA. I come from a .net developer background and...
Name query resultls by different column names
- Hi, I will try to explain myself as clear as I can:
I am having difficulty trying to list query results...
SQL Server Login and Users - Advise needed on best security model
- Hi everyone,
I am new here and have looked for an appropriate answer to the following two questions but cannot...
Trace login created or dropped event
- Hi All,
I have been trying to findout the logins that were created or dropped in past few days. I queried...
How to change the subject of alert email in SQL SERVER 2008 R2
I have set up some alerts for mirroring monitoring, and in case of failure we recieve notification emails.Is there...
DMV to replace SP_WHO
- I have been looking at the DMV's intended to replace SP_WHO and SP_WHO2. I have knocked up a query to...
DBCC TABLE CHECK
There is a job that is doing DBCC CHECKDB - cmd in sysprocesses is DBCC TABLE CHECK.
I can its waitype and...
How to rectify cpu utilization in sql server 2008 r2
- Hi Friends,
In my sql server 2008 server having 80gb ram.some time its utilizing more than 65 gb.
What might be the...
Why does my log show two backup events for the same database?
- So looking over logs today, I saw the following:
[code="plain"]11/20/2012 6:02:52pm - Backup - Database backed up. Database... Pages dumped: 9218
11/20/2012 7:00:13pm - Backup...
Delete Orphaned Constraints
- Hello Everyone
I am working with a database and have found that there are a couple constraints that are no longer...
Writing speed much slower in SQL Server than a simple file copying
- Hi, I have a doubt as writing to disk by the Sql Server.
We use the server with the settings below,...
Setting Notification email (When the job fails)
- Hi Everyone,
I have setup a job(SQLS ERVER 2008 R2) in two servers Server1.Domain1 & Server1.Domain2 and I have enabled notification email...
Need to start off DB2
- I am an SQL DBA with 7 years of experience.
I have a business requirement where I will need to learn...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Generate one PDF per record
- Hi all,
I've built a report which displays data from a db. This works fine, rendering the report correctly.
My query returns...
Lots of Key Lookups vs. UniqueIdentifier Clustered Index
I'm working on a system that was originally designed with UUID (uniqueIdentifier) clustered indexes.
Later the clustered indexes were rebuilt on...
SSIS Package not importing particular rows to sql server
- I have a package that imports CSV files into SQL server, however certain rows are not importing. As soon as...
IS Package to split a SQL File into multiple csv files using a parameter. Getting cannot be applied error
- How to explain.
I have a SQL table
SELECT School_Name, Dfe_No,PIN_For_Schools
I then Have a SQL Task which Creates...
CSV file import using ssis
- I have a CSV file as follows:
As you can see the last column has a comma expecting a field. This...
Bulk Insert Task, set default date format
I am writing a Package that will do a number of bulk inserts. The files are flat file Pipe delimited...
Execute Process Task - Not returning exit process code from SQLCMD SQL Script
I have a SSIS Package developed in 2008 R2 BIDS environment that includes a process task to execute a SQL...
MDX Statement and Calculated Measure showing different outcomes
I wrote a series of MDX statements to find a total figure. I was happy it work regardless of what...
refreshing subform after right click and filter field in main form
- i am right clicking a non key field in my main form and filtering by a quote number. The key...