Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Find out the size of database tables, row count, data size, index growth
- I want to create table and all columns. column names are database name, current date, row count, data size, index...
how to reduce the Time Processing for a SSRS Report
- I have a SSRS Report which retrives the data from SSAS cube.
When i look at the TimeProcessing for the...
SQL Server 2005 Data Reader
- Good Morning.
Is there documentation somewhere that explains the inner workings of the Data Reader? I mean absolutely step by painful...
Huge cost issue with Temp DB using 2008r2 sp2
- Hi Guys,
I have an issue that is completely baffling I need a guru's guidance / help.
so a little bit of...
Adding table columns and updating them in Execute Sql Task
Relatively new to SSIS. I have a table that I've created in a data flow. Back out in the...
rolling back data in SSIS package
- Hi, I have an SSIS 2008 package which will call a stored procedure and store the data into a variable...
how to use substring to get the values in bold
- Hello All,
Could you please tell me how to get the value after 'between', before 'and' i.e., BOKSAM KAND LAMOG also...
Stored Proc - Nullable Parameters for optional filtering - handling LinkTable LEFT JOINs
- Hey all,
Pretty long title, but the problem itself is fairly simple to explain. Suppose I have the following tables:
- Hi to all. I haven't posted for a while and it is now time to wear my sql cap again...
Remove Duplicated row on a iseries table
- I have a table similar to below
Customer Referencedate card_number created_by
John 112233451 2008-02-01 48001796 Sen
John 112233451 2008-02-01 48001796 Sen
Eddy 123565654 2008-03-26 48001799 Mark
Mary 124578128 2009-10-27 48001850 Mark
From the above table I need to remove all duplicated rows leaving...
setup maximum and minimum memory
- I have a dedicated SQl server that has 12 gb physical memory.
I manually change the default max memory to 8.5...
SQL Server 2005 Cluster - Removing / Rebuilding / Adding Node
- We have a two node SQL Server 2005 SP2 cluster, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. My company implemented a new...
size of LOB data 41GB smaller after BACKUP/RESTORE
- Hi everyone,
Maybe someone more experienced than I can explain this to me.
Made a backup of our largest production database,...
Problem when using a User Defined Function in a SET loop
- I am using SQL Server 2008 R2. I created a User Defined Function like this:
CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[Custom_StringToTableWithID]
Using Full-Text Search
I am quering a big table (about 150,000 rows) with a big varchar field (size 2000) which can't be indexed...
Time out in insert statement
- Hi every body
I have a large table (270 G) and i only have insert and select statement over this table....
Reading data from Excel using Sql
could any one shed some light to read data from Excel sheet using SQL code.
1)Excel sheet will be placed in...
Dependent Delete statements
- i need to delete the records from a table with multiple conditions , like below first i am clearing non numeric...
SQL IO Performance
- I'm running out of brain cells trying to figure out what I've overlooked. Hoping someone has a quick checklist of...
ATTACHED SUSPECT DATABASE in SQL2008 R2
- hello to all
i would like to ask some assistance for attaching a suspect db a size of 400 gigz,...
TSQL Split XML attributes
- I have an xml string and need to manipulate it within sql.
<Property Key="value" DisplayName="name value" />
Get Records according to dataset.
- Hello Expert !
I have a CTE Query but I have nothing concepts about it. And I am new in programming....
xml data type vs several records
I am trying to save student answers to questions in a quiz I am looking for best performance and...
Convert values of mulitiple rows into single column with no duplicate entries
- hi all,
i went through the forum and found out a way of concatenating row values into column using stuff, but...
how to save student answers for quiz questions of different types Multiple choice essay
- I have a table student attempt
If the question is multiplechoice the answer will be a for example
if the question is...
- --I believe the DDL and my commented out notes and questions should explain what I am hoping to achieve
Avoiding cursor: Help with getting only first match after previous match
- Hi I'm sure there is a better name for this problem, and its probably quite a common one with a...
New DBA job, done some digging on Database and have some concerns!
- I've recently started a Job at company working as the sole DBA. I come from a .net developer background and...
Alternative to views
- Databases in our servers communicate with each other using views. For instance, dbA has views that gets data from db2...
SQL SP/CU taking HOURS on Multi-Node Multi-Instance Cluster
- We need to install SQL SP2 and CU1 at multiple sites on SQL/WIN 2008r2 EE clusters with 5 nodes, 22...
Our business can afford to loose data up-to one hour.
So in-case of say if a table is dropped or a...
- for sql server logins, there is a property menu of status that I can disble the login, and deny permission...
Stop sql serive also stops another service
- Hello, When I tried to stop a sql server service on a server, it also pops up a message saying...
Get SQL Query Results as E-Mail
- Gurus, I am trying to write a code to send out list of failed jobs in the last 24 hours....
Script to loop through SQL Server Instances and pass Instance Name to Connection String
- I am trying to use a SQL Table to loop through SQL Instances and pass the Instance to a script:
DOT.NET Data Reader
- Is there any documentation about the inner workings of the DOT.NET data reader. I mean Sstep by Painful Step.
Is it possible to do it?
This is not about SQL so I am posting it here.
Is it possible to have a batch file which...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Advanced group design
- Hi All
I ask you guidance on this design question because this seems to be one of those things where if...
Lots of Key Lookups vs. UniqueIdentifier Clustered Index
I'm working on a system that was originally designed with UUID (uniqueIdentifier) clustered indexes.
Later the clustered indexes were rebuilt on...
MDX to fill listbox
I'm using an MDX statement to fill a listbox with available dates:
Current statement is
NON EMPTY [Period].[Period by Financial...
inventory of standard vs enterprise capabilities
- I spend a week coming to grips with SSAS , being accustomed to Cognos DMR (Dimensionally Modelled Relational).
The first 3 days...