Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Making databases highly available with SAN...
- Hey folks,
I am going to be setting up a new sql instance in the next while at work and I...
SQL job on startup
- Hi All,
How could I run a sql job or maintenance plan on server startup?
All Db's infromation of instance
- Does any one know a simple query that would give following information about all databases on an insance?
1. Database Name
ORMs and max dop option
- Most of our queries are generated by an ORM (object relational mapper). Three weeks ago we put two new sql...
Windows Cluster Servers Migration
- [font="Verdant"]Dear Friends,
I need valuable suggestion to do the Servers Migration and SAN relocation in the below scenario:
new 64-bit Sql 2005 Server - integrity check completes then memory spikes 75% and doesnt lower
- Hi Guru's,
Hope you can help.
We have a new 64-bit Win 2003 SP2 server, with SQL Server 2005 SP3 installed.
Average in ssrs 2008
I want to find the average in my text box.i have my code(conversion) in my report properties(custom code) where i...
Copy DB Tables from PRod to DEV
I have situation that my developer wants some tables from Prodction DB server to their desktop m/c.
We have already sql...
How to solve this issue sqlserver.exe process is taking so much of memory [70%]
- HI to all,
How to solve this issue sqlserver.exe is taking so much of memory [70%]
in task manager --->in process -->...
Using SSIS to export to MS Access
- Hello people,
I am using SSIS to export data from SQL Server 2005 to MS Access 07.
I have an MS Access...
Is it "better" to specify the definition of a temporary table, or just define it on the fly?
- The subject line says it all, but just to make it clearer...
I could use a [b]CREATE TABLE #TempTable[/b] to define...
Try Catch with Bulk Insert
- Hi All,
I am having some trouble getting the following code to work, in 2005. I am trying to load a...
How to recover updated data in sql server
how to recover the updated datas in sql server 2005? Transaction block is not used at the time of Update...
Huge cost issue with Temp DB using 2008r2 sp2
- Hi Guys,
I have an issue that is completely baffling I need a guru's guidance / help.
so a little bit of...
Is derived column better for performance of a package ?
- I have a scenario where an excel have thousands of records with say 20 columns. In which their is a...
Splitting Data by day
- Hi All,
I have an issue while splitting the data by day in the given period.
The Function I am using is...
Dropping DF_ constraints
- HELP!! I have a deployment script that is building tables and setting default values to a column. I have built...
- Hi to all. I haven't posted for a while and it is now time to wear my sql cap again...
- I'm not an expert at T-SQL, so I hope someone can help me automate this.
Currently, I'm doing this manually by...
Online books don't explain these concepts and pros and cons of using this. cany anyone tell me about any technical...
I've got users using an application called contract works that is written on Seibel. I have had reports of it...
Database was in Emergency mode, single user mode - Need to bring database online
- Hello Everyone,
We are using one SQL Server 2000 version, and now one database is Emergency mode and in single user...
What is extended proc sp_releaseschemalock
- Does anyone have documentation or know what sp_releaseschemalock does?
I had an issue that occurred last week when I was on...
grant permissions to view SQL Server agent.
- Hi all,
I am not able to see the sql server agent.
But, when I login as a sysadmin I am able...
Order by Date column
I have query to execute the output.
It should be sorted with date also, but its sorting with only Seq_no.
PFA - for...
Column Data Consolidation
- Can someone help I have a peice of code that that i am trying to use to oull som information...
Failed Transaction Log Restore
Being new to SQL and trying to teach myself via the excellent tutorials on SQL Central, I created a test...
Index scan on foreign key reference
- I have a table TabA with a column that is a foreign key to the primary key of table TabB.
SQL Server communication over subnets
- Hi Folks,
OK, the problem is that I am trying to configure two SQL Server 2005 machines to communiacte over two...
Connection issue after update SQL 2008 R2 to SP2
Some days ago we succesfully update Our SQL 2008 R2 failover cluster(2 nodes) to SQL 2008 R2 SP2.
sp_send_dbmail error : Attachment file ***** is invalid
- When I try to send and Attachment (@file_attachments ) with sp_send_dbmail, I receive this error:
"Attachment file ***** is invalid"
The file does exist...
Database Mirroring With Automatic Failover
I want to implement database mirroring with automatic failover option. Would it be a wise decision to implement with this...
Dependent Delete statements
- i need to delete the records from a table with multiple conditions , like below first i am clearing non numeric...
Large object (LOB) data for table
- I have an existing table for LOB data(it is used in production) that others in my org say cannot be...
Trace shuts sql service down
- Greeting All,
I've come across a server that, when I start a trace, within moments the SQL service shuts itself...
How to Creat SQL Server Data Base?
- Hi This is joelmasan. I am living Florida.I don't know about the SQL .
am i thinking SQL is a data...
SQL IO Performance
- I'm running out of brain cells trying to figure out what I've overlooked. Hoping someone has a quick checklist of...
When was server last rebooted?
- Is there a DMV or function that tells you when the physical server was last rebooted, as opposed to when...
- I have a stored procedure and want to know after I run it is there away to get it to...
How to Skip Invalid XML
- Dear All,
I have a Prod table with a million on rows having an ntext column to store XML.
How to flatten results from parent/children tables in view
- I have a parent table and 2 children tables that store date ranges. I'm trying to create a view to...
Connection Manager Error
- Hi all,
I've created a very simple SSIS package where I'm trying to convert an excel spreadsheet into a flat file....
Configure sql profiler to show queries that are timing out
How can I configure sql profiler to show me the actual query that has timed out. Im getting a few...
Generate schedule table
- I'm trying to generate a backup schedule table where I do FULL backups starting tonight and then do another FULL...
Auto Backup and Restore in SQL Server 2008 R2
I have two servers such as A and B.
A is my main server and B is my backup server.
Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11
- I have one user that is receiving this error on 5 instances out of the 8 they have access to....
Continuing career with SQL
I hav just joint this forum.
I have to ask few things.
I have worked with SQL 2000 and basic 2005.database design.
Activity monitor loads slow
I have a very general question. Does anyone know why the activity monitor in SSMS 2008 and/or 2008R2 in a...
Query consumes high CPU and 285 Sec avg duration
- Hi all,
This service broker query consumes high CPU above 80% and ave duration is 285 sec.
WAITFOR(RECEIVE conversation_handle, service_contract_name,...
change initial size of tempdb
- I am seeing one of our drives are out of space.
And the tempdb is on that drive, it used about...
can I map an LSN to a username or hostname?
- I am exploring CDC and I found a way to map he LSN to a datetime using sys.fn_cdc_map_lsn_to_time ( lsn_value ), but...
- dear friends, I need to group records. the sample data below is result of collected data from different tables. If...
'Select Into' logs
- Hi all,
I need to write a stored procedure that moves large amounts of old data on a nightly basis to...
How to export XML query results to a file using Sql Server 2008 R2 From Management Studio
- Hi All,
I need to dump the XML query results into a file using the stored procedure below without using...
How to find second maximum record
- Pls give me a query for to select second maximum of the result set.
a,b is column names.
Leading Zeros in alpha-numeric string - previous solutions didn't work
need help removing leading zeros from alpha-numeric column:
12345 = 12345
00123 = 123
10000 = 10000
A1234 = A1234
12A34 = 12A34
0A123 = 0A123
000A1 = 000A1
00D21 = 00D21 (ISNUMERIC will...
How to see if one column in a table matches a column in another table, when both tables are filtered with a WHERE clause
- Hi - I have two tables in the same database. Table1 has a structure like this:
merge a result set with a table but update according to existing values in target
- I have a table sectioninstructor
Instructorrole (1 for primary instructor, 2 for secondary instructor)
Note I want to make sure that each...
Loop through multiple Linked servers in Query
- I have a challenge.
One of my jobs is to produce reports on data found in 7 different databases (and database...
Exercises in t-SQL
- I'm in the process of setting up a training environment here, it's a mechanism for me to bring high flyers...
Doing something like an Excel FillDown function in SQL looking for suggestions???
- I have a recordset that returns the following data:
It's like an invoice sheet where there's multiple parts to...
No record count in PIVOT
I have the following query to count the number of employees per costcenter using the pivot command.
The @Columns parameter declares...
- Hi All
After scurraging through the internet trying to understand the SQL Server buffer pool, I understand the following but I...
shifting sql server from one system to another
- Hi all,
In our organisation we are shifting sql server to another system. we are done with that but we...
Improving intentionally denormalized table
- I had a job interview about two weeks ago for a position for prviding support to teams of public health...
Unable to Rebuild or Reorganize an Index
- I was hoping to rebuild all indexes on one of our SQL Server 2008 databases over the weekend. The database...
Can't restore transaction logs
- Hi Everyone,
I cannot restore the transaction logs after restoring the full backup.
It shows the transaction log is too early to...
windows user is created and unable to connect to sqlserver
- HI to all ,
windows user is created and unable to connect to sqlserver management studio
Error while logging Performance Monitor counter to sql server
- I am trying to do following task and I donot know it is possible in this setup or not?
Mount Point quick question
I am working on the design of a MS-SQL 2012 failover cluster, running on top of Windows 2008. I am...
Seaparating Data files and Log Files
- Hi Folks,
I am facing an issue which I thought I understood but looks like reading and implementing a strategy are...
Update stats job failed.
- For the first time our update stats job failed, the job runs at 5am in the morning when no one...
Unable to reinstall Sql Server 2008 on Windows 7
- I am trying to reinstall Sql 2008 R2 on my machine as I was hit with a virus. I have...
What would be the best RAID configuration for this hardware?
- We have a brand new DELL MD1200 with 12-spindles - These are 15Krpm, 600GB SAS drives
The server this is going to...
Wait Types concern
- Hi Experts,
In one of our DW servers the performance is very slow that a simple select statment is taking hours....
Erroneous results on last_execution_time, execution_count obtained from DMV sys.dm_exec_procedure_stats
- When I run the following query to get the last execution time and execution count of a stored procedure in...
SQL express 2008 R2 - DB size
- I am using express edition of SQL 2008 R2. As per the microsoft sites we can have max DB size...
Count primary key violations on a table
I am relatively new to SQL Server. I have an app that frequently inserts values with the same key to...
Execution Plan Reuse
- We have SPs that take several parameters; when I check the plan cache using
sys.dm_exec_cached_plans AS ECP
sys.dm_exec_sql_text(ECP.plan_handle) AS ESQL
Is there any good database magazine out there?
- Hi there,
can you recommend a database magazine that covers all database environments (MySQL, MSSQL, NoSQL, everything...?
We had a good bi-monthly...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Difference in Layout and display
- Problem statement: In my Report, the text boxes are not lining up in Internet Explorer as I have them in...
- I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction with my error handling problem which is now seriojusly...
Warning: Could not open global shared memory to communicate with performance DLL
- I'm a Local Admin on this Database Server but I get the following warning?
[SSIS.Pipeline] Warning: Warning: Could not open global...