Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQL Server is unable to connect to server
We recently tried upgrading our SQL servers(clustered) to new physical servers, but during the process we came across some issues...
unable to execute a store procedure
- USE [TEMP]
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[psp_TEMP]
-- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here
Please help e!! not sure what to do..SQL Database user moved under System Databases
- Hello Experts,
I have a software that is running with SQL Server 2005. The software has an utility to configure replication...
Move a clustered index from one filegroup to another on a production database
- I would like to move a clustered index from one filegroup to another on a production database without causing any...
Primary Key datatype Bigint vs uniqueidentifier:
- Hi Friends!
Can any one suggest me for each tables primary key should be Bigint as PrimaryKey or [uniqueidentifier] as...
- Hi guys,
I have created this trigger:
[quote]create trigger TRG_CONTRIBUINTES_VERIFCA_RF_E_NIF
if (contribuintes.NUMEROPOSTO) ='CENTRAL'
if contribuintes.cod_rep_fiscal not in...
Index Rebuilds Still Leave Fragmentation
- Hello All,
I am running SQL Server 2005 SP2 Standard Edition on a few servers. I run SQL Agent Jobs every...
Why does a NULL aggregate warning in an SQL query causes the SSIS package to fail?
An SSIS Package was failing with an error message as below:
Code: 0xC0202009 Source: DFT Populate ImageSummary OLE_SRC ProductImage ...
- I have a problem with dates
Problem: There is a master table which defines the date based on range as follows
[b][From][/b] [b][To] [/b] [b][ResultDate][/b]
How to copy production DB into New Developmant Database?
We have Sql server 2008 R2 and i would like to set up my new test server and copy production...
Is it "better" to specify the definition of a temporary table, or just define it on the fly?
- The subject line says it all, but just to make it clearer...
I could use a [b]CREATE TABLE #TempTable[/b] to define...
Merge Replication showing connection error in Event Viewer every 60 seconds
- I have a merge replication with one publisher and one subscriber. I checked the event viewer this morning and saw...
ia m getting data from 2 excel file ,that i need to merge and then load into destination table.
Dynamic:How to insert tablename (SSIS)
- Hi Guys,
I want to perform a task.
I want to insert the table name of the destination tables to the another...
Executing multiple instances of SSIS package in parallel
- What exactly I want to implement is like this -
I have a file watcher which kicks the SSIS packages when...
What's the best way to pass parameter into a dynamic sql in my case? Thanks.
- My final dynamic @sql would be:
Select DocID, Code, Ref, Title, DocType, FileName, InitialSignOffDate, LastReviewDate, NextReviewDate, Due = Replace(@Due, 'in', 'Within'), DueValue,...
How to filter if data was not there
- I have a query (shown below) that I have been asked to filter so that only stock activity that has...
Dealing with Daylight Savings Time
- Hi all,
I'm having an issue regarding dates that are stored in one format vs another, as far as Daylight Savings...
Session CPU Wait times
- Hi all,
We have a lightly-used OLTP system, split across 3 clusters, that is showing 6 sessions with wait times...
Id of most recent login?
- Hi all,
I have an orphaned .mdf + .ldf fileset on our production box, I know how to attach them.
But I also...
Group by with MAX then other columns - how to control what is returned if there are multiple results
- Hi all,
I know this is a 'normal' issue that I see littered about the forums alot, trying to get unique...
How to locate sub-packages dynamically?
- Hi there,
I have a master package calling sub-packages.
All my packages are deployed in one folder on the file system.
SP_SEND_DBMAIL @QUERY Inserts Line Breaks Into E-mail
- I use the @query perimeter in sp_send_dbmail to send out an e-mail with a list of warnings (the warnings are...
Backing up SSAS Database; Insufficient space
- Does anyone know if SQL Server takes into account the size of the backup file it is overwriting in the...
differential backup question
- Hi Guys,
For example only.
I have a daily full db backup via SQL maintenance plan to file system at 10pm.
Question -Find rows where only some fields are duplicate-
- Ok I got another fun one I got a table Site, which contains sites (Duh)
([Sell-to Customer No_] varchar(20),
Rename SQL Server 2008 R2 Cluster Instance Name
- I have a Sql 2008 cluster with SQL network name as bbmnet but the cluster name is bbmnetsql , now the...
Recursive algorithm for category
- Hi all,
I have a table Category(CategoryID int,ParentCategoryID int, Name nvarchar(1000)).
CategoryID ParentCategoryID Name
1 NULL A
2 1 B
3 1 C
4 2 D
- My database not accepting any alter command to bring it back online.
MS SQL Server 2008 R2: SQL Native Client error
- Hi I'm getting this error when trying to the sqlcmd: command against the instance ...
MS SQL 2008 R2 (10.50.2806.0) SP1...
How to replace the database hardcoding?
- Hi friends I have database 'A' in my Prod and Testing environments. Now I have created a new database 'B'...
Database Log File Full - Emergency Work-Around Script
- I'm doing my best to recreate a script I read written by Gila Monster (Gail Shaw) when she was recently...
Merge with duplicate rows
- Hello all, I am running merge stored procedures against various staging and final tables in my database. I have one...
Can Execute Procedure But Job That Runs Procedure Errors?
- I have a procedure that pulls data from my database and uses MSDB.DBO.sp_send_dbmail to send out e-mails. The procedure itself...
script uses INT variable as if one lower than set value
- This should delete all records from these tables where the archiveID is greater than 14, but it is taking out...
delete top 1000 rows from table
I need to delete 1000 rows from table and it should do it batch wise.
i need to loop delete statement...
Having a SQL 2008 R2 Database in Memory
- Hi All,
I have looked around and not found enough to answer my questions. And under some pressure to review this...
I'm doing bulk insert which is taking 36sec approx. can anyone tell me how to execute using asp.net c#. normal...
Updating 566787 Records takes forever
I am writing a script to update bad data in a column of a table. The Table has 566787 rows...
Best practices to create databases for different applications
We are in a process of developing 4 different applications and they are all not related.
All 4 application developers created...
SQL Express - Create maintenance plan to run truncate table
- Hi -
I am new to SQL express, can someone please guide me to how I can schedule a task to...
Stored Proc with XML input param to create Dynamic SQL: Is there a better way?
- Hi Guys,
I have a requirement to generate record sets which are built using a number of different filters. The filters...
Is this a bug ???
- why is the difference between both outputs ...
Declare @tab table (seq int , k varchar(20))
declare @comma_Delimited varchar(max)
insert into @tab
- I'm testing on some part of the application .
My Table structure is like
[code="other"]create table test (id char (8))
Reg: Interview Questions
- I face one interview question.One salary table i have three column like (id,name,salary)
id name salary
1 arun 1000
2 jothi 2000
Exclude Records using join
- Hi friends
How to Exclude Records using join . I usually do not in
Example: I have a Table A and...
Pipes at the End
- Hello Everyone
I am loading some data, not clean and not from another SQL source. So there are all kinds of...
TSQL to check database backup status
I am trying to generate a monthly report for sql database backup job. Is there a script that I can...
when I ran query-
It gives me an error- Error converting data type varchar to float.
While when I ran...
Check and transfer data between two databases in same server using complex conditions
- Source DB1.TB1 [ ID, EAN, ASIN, category, NAME, CONDITION]
1, null, 20001, ps2, COD2, new
2, 1002, 20002, xbox, HOLA, new
Understanding Memory Clerks
- Hello All
When investigating memory using sys.dm_os_memory_clerks, why is it that CACHESTORE_SQLCP is always among the top consumers?
I would imagine that...
Connecting to SQL Express via SQLCMD errors
- Hi all,
I cant connect to a sql express instance via sqlcmd and was hoping for some ideas!
SQL Database moved under System Databases by mistake
- I have a sw wich has a tool to configure replication between my 2 dbs I have. When the tool...
Modifying a SQL 2000 maintenance plan -- and shrinking
- I've got a SQL 2000 DB with a plan that was created long ago. On the Optimizations tab it's got...
Using SUM(1) to count Rows (vs Count(1))
- I have run into an instance where a developer was using SUM(1) to count rows in a table rather than...
Sum sales for current month
- Hi All,
I'm trying to sum the sales where the date parameter will automatically reference the current day/ month, which I...
Backup plan help required
- Good afternoon,
Please consider the following:
I have 18 servers at two different sites. The number of DBs on each server varies...
Using functions on remote/Linked server
- I have a linked server that I need to run stored procs that contains functions in the query on the...
- i need to configure mirroring for multiple db's can any one send me the automation scripts to configure mirroring for...
- I wanna confirm that some user are manually executing below query on each databases one by one
This may be the...
Wait Types concern
- Hi Experts,
In one of our DW servers the performance is very slow that a simple select statment is taking hours....
User SP on Master DB
- Hi Experts,
Is there any problem if developers create user SP on master DB??
- Hi Experts,
How can i find the job name from the program_name value= SQLAgent - TSQL JobStep (Job 0xD498185D4A27E947ABE673A5CD93B09B : Step 1) in...
The row was not found at the Subscriber in replication
- The row was not found at the Subscriber when applying the replicated command.
Please suggest me
How To Spool Into A Script File In SQL Server
- How To Spool Into A Script File In SQL Server using sqlcmd
Thanks in advance
Create an alias of sql server
- In SQL server 2008 R2 configuration manager, I would like to setup alias of the server.
This is for use a...
I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete
- This is a Win2008R2 SQL2008R2 SP2 active/passive cluster.
I am getting these messages when I run an UPDATE STATS on a...
Scalability of SQL Query
- Hi, Can you help me understand how I can check the scalability of an SQL query.
- Hello All
I'm trying to find the cause of blocking on my system
I've found the following script to check for...
SQL Server Agent Powershell Subsystem with only 2 worker threads
- My Sql Server Agent can only run two powershell jobsteps at one time which apparently is caused by the max_worker_threads...
Efficient Data Deletion Method and Transactional Databases
- What is the efficient method/T-SQL that I can use to delete data from my SQL Server 2008 R2 database.
MCM lab exam - how to register?
- I'm going through the Prometric site (UK) and it does not appear in the list of available exams.
088-970 and 088-974.
SQL Server reporting services
I have created some reports and deploy on report server.I want that every user on LAN can access reports.
I have a dilemma
- Hi everyone,
I have a dilemma and need your advice.
We have a customer that runs a report that retrieves very...
powershell WMI error: "Could not obtain SQL Server Service information. An attempt to connect to WMI ... failed with the following error: access is denied."
- I get the following error when I launch powershell from SSMS, after right-clicking on a remote SQL instance and choosing...
How's this for a Job Description
- So I recently got this job description in the mail and at first glance it looks pretty good, but at...
Not enough work?
- Just curious, has anyone ever had to quit a job because they just can't keep you busy?:doze:
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
I'm trying to SUM all the values from a textbox (txt.abc), which is in a group (details.abc), which resides...
- Hi all,
We have recently been upgraded to Windows 7 and IE8. Previously we were on XP and IE7.
Our reports (use...
Expose Parameters Value selected
I want to show which parameters the user as chosen to run the report.
For a Non Multivalue parameter it...
SSRS report passes null value please help
I am totally new to SSRS and getting an error for more than a week and cant figure out...
View report of reporting service give different result between visual studio and IE
- Hi Experts,
After deploying the reports that developed using reporting service, the result of the view report in the internet explorer...
Show/Hide Report Parameters based on selected values in different parameter
- Is it possible to Show/Hide Report Parameters based on selected values in different parameter?
plz help me...!
Timing out when exporting to excel
- I am trying to export a report that is returning over 65000 records to excel. I have created a grouping...
How to Create Dashboard using SSRS 2005 Reports.??
- Hi All,
After all attempt I finally Suceeded to deploy SSRS reports outside Local Host...Next thing I am trying to create...
Send mail task does not execute when scheduled
- Send mail task works when executed from Visual Studio but the SSIS package when scheduled does not send email.
Single vs Multiple Data Flows
- I have used SSIS a bit in the past (2005), but I am embarking on a new BI project and...
How to Relate a Snowflake Dimension to the primary Dimension
- I have a dimension table with names of individuals and several demographics associated with the names. Each name can have...
applying filter in MDX
i have one MDX query which i am using for reporting, i have around 30 different fields which have different...
nable to build SQL Server OLAP Cube when there is no rows corresponding to foreign key in a table
- I am new to SQL Server OLAP Cubes. I am having the following issue like
ex I have purchase order and...
Good MDX tutorial ?
Could anybody recommend good MDX tutorial ?