Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Get job list
- Need a query which gets me the list of jobs which is scheduled to run on a particular day and...
help with this query!!!!
- My goal here to apply the condition to the query while joining the table instead of doing it at the...
SQL Server Maintenance Solution SP doesn't seem to work as expected
I'm trying to figure out how to use this IndexOptimize SP I got from http://ola.hallengren.com/ to run against just a...
IS (with nolock) is useful in (multiple join update) Query!!
- hi all,
IS (with nolock) useful in (multiple join update) Query!!
below is an raw example of the update statements.
Best Practice for Database Owner?
- I have a SQL 2005 server with a dozen databases in production use. I'd like to know what is recommended...
How do I know - SSRS
- I believe if SSRS has been installed/enabled on my server, I can find out be looking in the sys.databses table...
Installing BIDS 2005 and SSMS 2005 on Windows 8
- I know Windows 8 doesn't support SQL 2005, but has anyone tried to install BIDS 2005 or SSMS 2005 on...
sqlncli.msi of 2005 will support sql server 2008 R2 Express edition or not
- Will sqlncli.msi of 2005 will support sql server 2008 R2 Express edition or not?
Testing Secondary database in Log Shipping
- Our customer wants to test all secondary databases in our Log Shipping environment. Since the test require writes/updates, I will...
Invoked Schedule Id of the Job : Urgent!
When a job step is being executed from SQL Server Agent, I need to determine the "schedule_id" that invoked the...
Group membership results in slow query result
- We are running a client application from which the query gives back results very slow or it times out if...
try..catch and union all
- Hi all,
I have the following construct:
[code="sql"]select name, value
( select name, value from view1
select name, value from...
Job Instance ID
- Does anyone know if there is a function [like getdate()] that you can use to get the Job's instance ID,...
Insert into stmt with parameters
I have been checking all over for this solution and I know the follow:
Server SQL will not reference ms...
In one of my production server, am seeing many MDMP files created on Oct 24. I just refreshed my mind...
combine 2 rows into 1 row
- Hello All,
I hope someone can help me out here.
Currently my script will bring back 2 rows, all the fields in...
finding char based on ascii value in Ireport
- Dear All,
How to find a ASCII characters based on the ASCII values in Ireport .. Like in Crystal Report Chr(33)...
We have Production server win 2003 with Sql server 2008 running on it.
We have performance issue for a database...
SQL Log file
- I have 2 log files for a database(D and E drive) and i need to delete one which is in...
Speed up very slow sql database
- I have a 1.2 GB database, and it is responding very slow. Is there steps i can take to speed...
Online Trainings & Placements
- Radappz - online IT training
Radappz offers courses in Java/J2EE, Weblogic, .Net, SAP BO, SAP, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, BA, PMP,...
Why backup size is suddenly grow
Why full backup is growth and then back to normal size
wht is it?
23:56 255 gb
sql query pie chart
- CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Acct_sum](
[Acct_no] [varchar](7) NULL,
[Total] int null
insert into Acct_sum(Acct_no,Total) values (11,100)
insert into Acct_sum(Acct_no,Total) values (12,200)
insert into Acct_sum(Acct_no,Total) values (13,10000)
show/hide parameter tab in ssrs 2008
- Hi all,
Why does the parameter tab gets hidden automatically when we perform an action from one report to another. Say,...
Query CPU Performance
- Hi there,
We have been having issues with CPU performance of a new server when running queries. The worst example was...
Implementing SQL SERVER 2008R2 in a clustered environment
- We are currently running sql server 2005 in a clustered environment. We have three nodes with only one node active...
does temp tables are created unique for each sp call. or will it make a queue on server ?
I am working on a software in which there a SP which is called very frequently, all most all users...
- Hello All,
We have a replication job which was configured some time back.I could see some tables sysarticles,syssubscriptions,sysreplservers related to the...
Reporting Services Service
- Can reporting services service and the Reporting dbs reside on different servers. I'm hoping the answer is NO.
similar function in Ireport like IIF in Crystal Reports
- Dear All,
Any function available in Ireport which has same functionality like Crystal Reports IIF Function.If its so then tell...
SQL query help
I had posted the query earlier but did not get any response so I have no option but to post...
While Import data into Sql server 2008 from excel sheet
- While Import data into tables(in Sql server 2008) from excel sheet i got this error
- Executing (Error)
Error 0xc020901c: Data Flow...
- Hi Team,
I am getting blocking in one of my sql server.
I can query which is suspened causing the block.
Use of IIF function in Crystal Reports
- Dear All,
I wish to know the use of IIF function in Crystal Reports with some example .please anyone help...
How would you convert this date in SSIS or after lodaed in database 2007-02-20 05:20:36.449923
- Have google a lot of different formats and I must be missing something.
How would one look to convert this...
SSAS 2008 R2 Deployment from Visual Studio 2008
- When regularly deploying an Analysis Services project from Visual Studio to Analysis Services 2008 R2, the database must frequently be...
How to give a user ONLY permission to a view, and nothing else in the database
- I need to give user Joe select permissions to a view. The view has columns from two tables from the...
SSRS 2008 R2 page break after every 4th person in group
- Hi Everyone,
I need to add a page after the 4th Patient in a report.
The report has two groups. Organization and...
create table variable dynamically
- Hello Friends.
What is the best way of creating table variable dynamically?
Thanks & Regards,
How show datetime select only in Sql Server?
- I need show datetime when I select datetime only. Because I try to run SQL but show all datetime.
Help with slow query
- I have a query that is taking 1 minute to complete. I would like to imporve its performance. I have...
100 Most famous interview Questions and Answers
- Please go to the following link:-
Download the PDF (sqlserver2008r2_cheatsheet_v1-01.pdf). Password: harinam
This is very good document for the freshup your memories...
Unable to connect SQL Server using AD group access
- Experts i needhelp on this :
I am using SQL Server 2008,we have Active Directory groups created and added to database.My...
Question on Lock wait types
- Hello Everyone,
Our production server experiences lot of blocking and locking from application.
I have attached the top waits from...
Do not wait for Query to completed
- Hello Experts,
I have an application that does many things, at the end, it calls a stored procedure to perform some...
Hexadecimal to Binary Conversion in SQL Server 2008 R2
- Hello, I am using the following code to try to convert my hexadecimal string to binary format:
[code="sql"]DECLARE @MYHEX AS VARCHAR(MAX)
Automatic backup task
- I recently completed setting up what I thought was a pretty good system for performing automated backups, but I can't...
Stored procedure execution from within a data retrieval select statements.
- I have a stored procedure that calculates a quarter number. It accepts an input date and returns a quarter number...
Connot connect to server via name but IP works, not a SQL Browser service issue :)
- Ok, here is the issue and my steps to troubleshoot:
I can connect to my SQl server using SSMS by IP...
Difference between Profiler and SSMS
- Hello, I run a profiler trace to identify bootleneks.
I found a stored procedure which have many reads, but when I...
Where clause on indexed column using a variable
- I have a SQL 2008 R2 table with a few composite indexes and a few single column indexes. I've narrowed...
How do I join tables, but select top 1 from 1-many tbl?
- Essentially I have a Contact table and a History table.
I'd like to get the join the tables, but only show...
I'm currently trying to dig around to tweak the performance of our database. One of the tasks being removing unused...
Can't browse databases in SSMS 2008
- Walked in this morning and was able to log into our cluster just fine but when I try to expand...
2005, 2008, 2008 R2 on a cluster
- Hey all,
Has anyone installed R2 on a cluster already running 2005,2008? Unfortunately I don't have a test environment and I'm...
char(??) vs varchar(??)
- Hi all.
I have a database with over 200 tables. They all use char(xx) instead of varchar(xx). I heard that...
Script Needed to pull the data
I need to pull the data from two tables called Table1 & Table2.
Table1 has following columns:
ServerName ApplicationName ApplicationID
this is my derived column expression , SUBSTRING([Column 0],FINDSTRING([Column 0],"PAT",1),FINDSTRING([Column 0],"~",1))
for below line
TH*4.2*857463*01**20091015*1045*P**~~IS*7564* PHARMACY~PHA*1234567890~PAT*MA*06*987544****SMITH*JOHN****1234 MAIN ST**SOMEWHERE*MA*54356**19500101*M*01*01*INDIA**BURGER~
A maths puzzle for anyone up for a challenge!
I've been given the task of creating a single unique numerical value from two composite unique alphanumeric values. It needs...
Get last row based on duplicate column
- I have a table that contains:
[u]userid email name[/u]
1 firstname.lastname@example.org Bill
2 email@example.com Billy
3 firstname.lastname@example.org William
4 email@example.com John
5 firstname.lastname@example.org Johnny
6 email@example.com Jimmy
Alphanumeric number generation
I need to write a SQL query to print the following aphanumberic sequence in SQL 2008.
0001, 0002, ... , 0009, 000A, ... , 000Z,...
Is there an accurate script for datediff format in years:months:days?
- I've tryed several tsql scripts and none of them have proven to be accurate.
If you got a neat script up...
Sum sales for current month
- Hi All,
I'm trying to sum the sales where the date parameter will automatically reference the current day/ month, which I...
How to import data from .csv file into a table in sql server using bcp in/out
- Hi experts,
I have a .csv file from which i have to do bcp out and bcp in, in command prompt...
MAX Function Problem
- I need to query a table that has three columns 1st RecordID (Primary Key, Unique), 2nd ItemID (non-unique) and 3rd...
I am new to SQL. I have question regarding joins. Let us say i have 3 different tables
Multiple Rows in One Resultset
- Hi All,
Let's say I have a table like the following:
row1 row2 row3 row4
0 6 0 0
0 0 30 0
4 0 0 0
0 0 0 18
but I want to return a resultset like:
row1 row2 row3 row4
4 6 30 18
Does anyone have any...
connecting sql server over the internet
- Hi all,
i'm new to sql server 2008 and i would like help with connecting two pc's over the internet
Adding record to db using stored procedure and identity counter.
- While I've been using MS SQL for years, never really learned it.
Using test environment SQL 2005, Windows 7 but...
- Suppose there is a tableA and trigger defined for Insert, Update and delete to populate audit table say tableB. Now...
Move logins from one to anothe
I would like to move a database from one server. In this move, I need a script to copy all...
sql server permission
- I have a question about setting up permissions on a sql server 2008 r2 datbase.
I basically wrote and enhanced...
Database Level Clustering in SQL 2008
- Hi Techs, is it possible to have DB level clustering in sql 2008? if so how can we achieve this?
Principal Disconnected, In Recovery... on both servers after restart
today I had the problem, that after a restart of my two mirrored database servers on both servers all databases...
Question on CDC enabled DB
- Hi All,
I had an issue of log space running out of space. So as master Gail as suggested, I...
- Would there be any slowness in performance if a query involves dateadd(day,datediff(day,1,GETDATE()),0) in the WHERE clause?
sp_helpdb and sys.databases inconsistent for user_access
- **moved from data corruption forum**
The Master database on one of our servers is showing in SSMS as Single-user mode. I...
SQL Server Agent will not start after upgrade
- Yesterday I upgraded a Windows Server 2008 R2 server from SQL Server 2005 SP4 to SQL Server 2008R2 SP2 in...
SQL Server Consolidation (25 servers)
- Our company plans to consolidate SQL Servers.
Currently there are about 25 servers. They try to minimize this number to 5-6....
EMC RecoverPoint and SQL Server
- We are trying to implement EMC RecoverPoint with SQL clustering.
What we had to do at the DR side after syncing...
Join or Form Study Group --> MCSA >> MCSE SQL SERVER 2012
I am interested to join an existing or form a new study group aiming toward certification in SQL Server 2012.
MS Training material for 70-457 and 70-458 (Upgrade MCSA Sql 2012)
I'm planning to upgrade to an MCSA 2012 by taking 70-457 and 70-458.
Does anyone know of any good resource material...
70-462: Can the Hyper-V environment be downloaded somewhere?
- Hi all,
When I just opened the 70-462 TK I saw a six server Hyper-V environment is neccesary to complete the...
Would using the MS Press books be sufficient?
- After being an MS SQL DBA for over a decade I'm finally looking at getting some certifications. Unfortunately though it'll...
Returning multiple rows from XML
I am new to XML and am struggling with shredding an XML column into a tabular format.
Here is what I...
Scrip to connect to remote windows box to get SQL version
- Dear All,
I am very much new to power shell scripting where i need to find out what version of SQL...
How's this for a Job Description
- So I recently got this job description in the mail and at first glance it looks pretty good, but at...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Sum with condition not working
- Hopefully someone here can help me solve this problem.
What I have so far is a list with two tables in...
Data Table Below Graph
- Does anyone know if it's possible within Reporting Services 2008 R2 to automatically display a data-table below the graph like...
Upgraded Package from 2k5 to 2k8 with configuration having problems with driver swap
- Alright, let me setup the scenario. I have a series of packages that run in a job that we're upgrading...
WMI task and WQL query
- Hi guys, I am using a WMI task to watch for files. We get about 20 txt files. when they...