Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
help with this query!!!!
- My goal here to apply the condition to the query while joining the table instead of doing it at the...
Total Server Memory Vs Target Server Memory
We have SQL Server 2005 EE x64 with SP3.
RAM = 16 GB
Max Server Memory = 12 GB
Min Server Memory = 0 default...
Suspend log shipping restore for full backup on standby
- You can't run a backup on a log-shipping standby database normally because it's either in no recovery or standby. To...
Using the "IF" function in a column
- Is it possible to use the "IF" function in a column at design time as the value for that field?...
Editing cells from with Server Management Studio
- (Sorry, headline is supposed to read "from within")
Moving (asap) from 2000 to 2005.
In 2000, we could easily bring up...
Replication user account
Could any one explain which login acount we should use while configuring Replication or while providing security credentials during replication...
Recursive RunningTotal calculate
- Hi All,
I need to calculate running total (totalInterestedPaid) for the following temp table (#tmpInterestedPaid)
tran_date Calc_interest_accrued Interest_paid TotalInterestPaid
20120908 54.06 NULL 0
20120910 54.06 NULL 0
20120911 24.04 112.35 0
20120913 23.67 ...
FN_GET_SQL missing from my SQL 2000 SP4 installation
- I've just discovered that system function FN_GET_SQL is missing from my SQL200 production server. I have it on my SQL...
Do not wait for Query to completed
- Hello Experts,
I have an application that does many things, at the end, it calls a stored procedure to perform some...
Hexadecimal to Binary Conversion in SQL Server 2008 R2
- Hello, I am using the following code to try to convert my hexadecimal string to binary format:
[code="sql"]DECLARE @MYHEX AS VARCHAR(MAX)
The database 'model' is marked RESTORING
- I have 3 SQL instances and every time I reboot the server I have this one instance that I can...
DBCC Slower on new production server
- Greetings to all --
I have a brand new DELL 720 server due to go into production in a few weeks....
Is BooksOnline wrong or am I just too dense (on Recovery Paths)
- I was just reading BOL on Recovery Paths ([url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/02414941-9B9F-4843-9EAC-11DFB7FBFC85(VS.110).aspx[/url]) and they have an example which just doesn't make any sense...
Connot connect to server via name but IP works, not a SQL Browser service issue :)
- Ok, here is the issue and my steps to troubleshoot:
I can connect to my SQl server using SSMS by IP...
Why does TRUNCATE TABLE hang?
- I'm trying to empty a staging table using TRUNCATE TABLE in a stored procedure, but the sp just hangs.
How do I join tables, but select top 1 from 1-many tbl?
- Essentially I have a Contact table and a History table.
I'd like to get the join the tables, but only show...
Get last row based on duplicate column
- I have a table that contains:
[u]userid email name[/u]
1 email@example.com Bill
2 firstname.lastname@example.org Billy
3 email@example.com William
4 firstname.lastname@example.org John
5 email@example.com Johnny
6 firstname.lastname@example.org Jimmy
Suggestion to avoid Cursor
- Hello comunity
I need to replace a Cursor with an example using a WHILE and IF condition, for testing if the...
Loop Through the records - send email - set the value of the field - Need Code Help
- -- I am hoping not to use cursor
-- Query is
select * from Orders where EmailSent = 0
--I want to loop through records...
Can Anyone help me with this, please
I have a Table like this
Es Year January February March
E0003 2008 XXXXX XXXXX...
which is the easy way to Eliminate the duplicates?
Please suggest me to get the distinct values from below query
declare @T as table(id int identity, code varchar(10))
insert into @T(code)...
Extracting Data from single table
- I am attempting to pull only open tickets from my table. Thing is we have duplicate records with different status...
Alphanumeric number generation
I need to write a SQL query to print the following aphanumberic sequence in SQL 2008.
0001, 0002, ... , 0009, 000A, ... , 000Z,...
quotation and punctuation in sql server
- Does anyone have some rules by which quotation in SQL Server works?
Max(Case When Name='Tour de France'Then Coureur...
Stored Procedures and updating multiple tables
- Was hoping someone could kick me in the right direction in regards stored procedures.
My issue is if I have a...
sqlserver 2005 express installation
I have installed sql server 2005 express management studio.
After the successful installation, I try to open it and the connect...
Loop through table to group associated records
- Hi All,
I have a table containing about 1mil records that i need to loop through, find associated records and insert...
How to reintialize single article in replication
- Hello Team,
How to reintialize single article in replication sqlserver2008
Thanks in advance
Unable to lanuch replication monitor
- Hello Team,
I am Unable to lanuch replication monitor using sqlserver2008
Thanks in advance
Log space full 100%
- Two of my databases are showing 100 % log space. I have no space left on the disk to increase the...
Error Connecting to Named Instance
I had to install a new instance of SQL Server 2008 R2 Express on Windows 2007 because our SQL Server...
Where/how do you suggest to start learning about the basics of a DBA please?
help with this query !!!
- Most of my cost is around the filtering which is done at the bottom of the code. My goal is...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
SSIS and READ OpenEdge Progress Db To WRITE SQL SERVER 2008 R2
- Ciao to all people reading this very good Forum..
If you use Open Edge Progress Database and want to pull data...
Anyone use SCD Transformation?
- Does anyone use the SCD transformation in their production ETLs? In my two previous DW jobs, we never used the...
nable to build SQL Server OLAP Cube when there is no rows corresponding to foreign key in a table
- I am new to SQL Server OLAP Cubes. I am having the following issue like
ex I have purchase order and...
SSAS CUBE PROCESSING ERROR
- I am new bie trying to learn SSAS. I have these errors in trying to process my cube after it...
Ms access add record to table via unbound text box
- Front end MM Access adp file.
On SQL server 2005
Form bound but user must not change data directly
Unbound text box...