Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Unable to deallocate kept page - DBCC CHECKDB
- Hello all,
Received a call this morning that the database maintenance plan on a server is failing on it's Check Database...
Small database with 1 million users
- Hi all,
We've a small database (1 GB) and SQL 2005 server is clustered one. Now Business is forecasting that database...
Installing Fulltextsearch in existing named instance of sqlserver 2005
In our server sqlserver named insance is installed
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (Intel X86) Oct 14 2005 00:33:37 Copyright...
Log shipping hybrid
- Within a few months we hope to be using Netapp's Snap Manager for Sql Server to "replicate" changes in our...
How full is my datafile?
- Hi folks!
When I create my database I define sizes for the datafiles that make it up, by default the MDF...
data folder permission
By default installation, SQLServer2005MSSQLuser$<INSTANCENAME>$MSSQLSERVER is having the below access to SQL Server Data folder.
Read and Execute
List Folder Contents
SQL Server Agent and sa Password Change
- SQL 2000, 2005, 2008 - Many instances - I am changing the sa password.
Some posts seem to say that there isn't any...
Backup process dilemma
- Good afternoon,
I have 5 servers (1 SQL Server instance per server ALL SQL Server 2005).
See below for totals and time...
Any Alternate to back up and Restore
- I have Db almost 700GB which we daily restore on Production after making back up on build server. As the...
backup background process
- when backup is taken can anyone tell me as to what exactly happens in the background
Back SQL Agent Jobs
- Hi All
I need to back up all the Agent Jobs i have on my servers, is there some ways...
Dev environment to support 2012 , Poerview, Power Pivot, tabular SSAS
- I have been a bit slow to get to grips with some of the new stuff such as power pivot,...
SSRS 2008 data refresh issue
I'm facing a problem in SSRS 2008, I'm getting data from a stored procedure. Now I alter the sp...
XML in SQL Server
- I have a table like below.
I want to get the value like,
Can you guys please help...
Deplying CLR Stored procedure
How can i deploy the CLR Stored procedure to production i.e., different server.
confusion in setting up superkey
- Dear Sir,
I am in great trouble, my problem is I have a vendor Table
which consist of some fields. I explaining...
FULL Recovery mode changed to BULK LOGGED does that break the t-log chain?
- Should be a quick question I hope. I've forgotten the answer. If you change a 2005 database from FULL to...
How Can A File be Totaly Removed from an SQL Server Database
- Hi Folks
My administrators have asked how does sql server handle the "Total" removal of a file from a SharePoint SQL...
Explicit Transaction to improve performance?
- [font="Verdana"]Hi All,
I have one Stored Procedure which frequently gets executed. Though it is a straight forward Stored Procedure with one...
How to change the schema prefix for a table when using Transfer SQL Server Objects Task
- I am wanting to use Transfer SQL Server Objects Task to copy tables and their data from one database to...
The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred.
- Dear Experts,
Could please help me in resolving the below error.... Trying to execute a .dtsx package, but facing the below...
first official day of every month for past 3 years
- i have a table and a column with dates. there are multiple dates for same date . these dates are inserted...
multi table match query
- I have 5 tables
1) cropid( this is the id for each time my procedure runs)
create table croprerults( cropid...
Select column name and values.
- I need query for Select column name from information schema and display values for selected column names.
Using below query i...
Time and Attendance need help pls...
- Please can someone help me....
I have a query which query the min and max of time in and out...the scenario...
- hOW TO DELETE THE ROWS FROM ATABLE WHICH IS CONFIGURED IN REPLEICATION ?
How to see the complete data that exists in a column (data type defined as a text) in query analyzer
- Hello friends,
There is a big xml string in a column (data type defined as a text)
When I query in query...
Point in time restore
- I prefer to use T-sql to do my point in time restore than use the GUI.
But when you have hundreds...
clustering in sql
- 1.what is the SQL network name’s dependency in cluster?
2.Prerequesities to install cluster in sql 2005?
Active Directory Groups
- Excuse my ignorance, but I'm fairly new to SQL and Visual Studio. I'm creating a VB app that allows users...
- How temp db worksin ? sql
how do i upgrade my sql server 2008 r2 x86 to sql server 2008 r2 x64 ?
i have just install a sql server 2008 R2 standard in my server having Win server 2008 R2 x64 OS.
How to populate end date based on start date
- Hi Professional ,
I have to populate end date based on start date of next record - 1
So please sugget me how...
upgrading sql 2000 to sql 2008 will make any problem to my database ?
i am running sql 2000 now my company has decided to go for sql server 2008.
i have many tables,indexes,functions,procedures...
change location of utf file in log shipping
Hi every body
Is there any way to change the location of .tuf file in log shipping?
I am using sql server...
do this update even make sense
- update acrt
set dbo.ACRT.MIDIRB = dbo.IRBT.IRBRATING
where dbo.IRBT.id = dbo.IRBT.id +1
and NEGWATCH = 1
Run time of Cursor
- hi all
i have stored procedure with 45 cursor, so the stored procedure taking long time to finish. is it...
Differential vs LOG bAckup
- What are the differences between
Differential vs LOG bAckup
Bulk recovery vs simple Recovery
using dateadd function
- Hi All
I'm new @ SQL server. i need to select record that are within 30 days of this given date...
How to get backup of Accidentel Executed procedure script
someone executed accidentally old script in a database , have any way to get back date procedure script .
newbie help pls
CustomerID CustomerName Birthdate
1 John Doe 1/1/1970 08:31 AM
2 Jane Doe 1/1/1971 01:18 PM
3 Jon Public 1/1/1972 11:58 PM
4 Jane Public 1/1/1973 07:00 AM
5 John Smith 1/1/1974 08:31 AM
OrderID PO Number OrderDate
1000 ABC123 1/1/2012 01:00...
Date diff between timein and timeout rows
- Autoid Empid TimeIn Timeout
1 1009 13-10-2012 22:10 13-10-2012 22:15
2 1009 13-10-2012 22:20 13-10-2012 22:32
3 1009 13-10-2012 22:34 13-10-2012 22:36
I need to find the idel time for this.. like...
Arithmetic overflow error converting nvarchar to data type numeric.
when i run the following sql query:
"update table set price = price * 1.1 "
i get the following error :
"Msg 8115, Level...
How to select the inherited values in hierarchical data structure is efficient way
- I have hierarchical data structure with [State] as top level, [Region] as intermediate level and [Branch] as leaf level.
How do I join tables, but select top 1 from 1-many tbl?
- Essentially I have a Contact table and a History table.
I'd like to get the join the tables, but only show...
UDF Performance When Used As A "Macro"
- My group is having a discussion as to performance hits when a UDF is used as a macro -
Best way to insert a lot of data in a database
I've generated one file per table of my database. Each file contains 'insert' statement for each records of the table....
UCT to WST -15min
So I need to write a query that will if something was modified in the last 15 min. The...
SQL 2008 R2 Standard Edition license requirements for a Virtual Server
- Hi All,
I've read several things on the web today and got myself totally confused.
Can someone explain to me how I...
please help with query
- This should be straightforward, I just don't know how to write it, any help is appreciated.
I have 2 tables, one...
Columns not in key look up, why?
- Hey all,
We came across a problem today, no solutions yet, here is the scene, we have a query which uses...
Importing VFP data using DTSWizard
- So after beating my head against the wall for a few weeks I'm hoping someone can help me out.
SSIS Package execution error with Proxy account (SQL Agent Job)
- Getting issue while scheduling the SSIS package using SQL agent job.
I have designed an SSIS package which will connect to...
Linked server permissions issue
- Hello everyone,
Hope all is well.
I have recently setup a linked server from sql server 2005 to mas90 providex database and...
SQLWEP errors in Windows Event log
- I'm seeing the following errors in my Windows Application event log:
Cannot create the event notification 'SQLWEP_CE492A26_8D18_48CA_B4A0_0221AB3AD1DD', because you do not...
XML + SOAP
- Can you guys help me with this XML?
if object_id('tempdb.dbo.#Temp') is not null
drop table dbo.#Temp
CREATE TABLE #Temp (col xml)
INSERT #Temp (col)
Dumb? SQL Question
- I'm working on a dynamic SQL builder and came across the following by accident.
-- Some background
-- To query from...
error - incorrect syntax near '4'
- CREATE PROCEDURE usp_update
SET NOCOUNT ON;
DECLARE @Rate int
SET @Rate = (select prate from M_PRDT where PID=@ppid)
Using CTE doughts
- Hello comunity
I have build this current CTE query to have a drilldown information to know from the customer order, which...
Prioritize the records in a table
- I have a table which has id and statement columns, statement column contains statement like insert into tablename, update tablename,...
Avg count of cases per day
- Hello everyone. I am looking to produce a result set from a helpdesk application that tells me the average number...
Should I use a nested subquery?
- SELECT DISTINCT RepairSheetH.RepairSheetNr, Vehicle.unitnr, Vehicle.groupid, Vehicle.brandId, Vehicle.modelId, Vehicle.version, Vehicle.Type_Fleet,
CASE WHEN RepairSheetH.unitnr = Vehicle.unitnr THEN count(vehicle.modelId) ELSE 0 END as...
Select Query to return all rows from one table
- Hi All,
I have three tables
tPeriod which has PeriodID int, PeriodDiscription char
tTimeTable which has DayID int, StaffID int, SubjectID int,...
User - select from master database query.
I need to access the master table to checkl the applications logged into the database for a licensing issue.
I can't get Modify (Maintenance Plans) to do anything.
- In SSMS, when I highlight a maintenance plan that I successfully created, right click, and then select Modify, nothing happens....
remote table update performance
- Hi all,
I am having problem updating remote table. It just taking too long. I am new to SQL Server and...
Trying to view properties of the Database
- When I right click on the database to view properties on any of the databases on the server I get...
Design Question for Discriminator Column
- I have a requirement to record payments and payment method information. A payment can be received as ONLY ONE of...
Log Shipping principal taken offline, how to stop witness messages?
- I have taken the primary server in a log shipping pair offline permantly; the machine has been re-purposed. I thought...
uninstall default instance
I have 2 Windows 2008 R2 Servers that are clustered.
I am installing sql server 2008 r2 sp2 cu2 in...
Replication Script Out.
- Need Help!
We have whole lot of replication.
Can we have a automatic process to generate script for all Publication on...
Running SQL 2005 & 2008 in a 2 node cluster
- Is it possible to have a setup running SQL 2005 & 2008 in a 2 node cluster?
Plan Cache usecounts/execution_count
- Hi all
I'm using the below script to check my plan cache
[code="sql"]SELECT top 20
SUBSTRING(t.text, ( s.statement_start_offset / 2 ) + 1,
( ( CASE statement_end_offset
WHEN -1 THEN...
Idera Tools - Web Resources / Support Forums?
At my previous company we were using various Red Gate tools and I found the resources on the website and...
Only send DBMail when query results are present
- I have a job in SQL Server Agent that sends the results of a query to my email twice daily,...
Shrink of data file - DBCC SHRINKFILE - taking a long time and not completing - stuck at 99% completion
- We had a large data purge recently where a large part of the data in a file was deleted.
Can't revert from snapshot
- I wanted to remove user data from a database to make a new version of the database with no user...
Problem with write access for Windows users on SQL 2008 R2
I am having strange issue with my SQL 2008 R2 Server. We have an active-active cluster with 2 different instances...
Reporting database Slow
- Hi Experts,
Team is complaining that their database is slower than usual and reports are not getting generating and everything is...
Can DDL Admin be assigned at the schema level instead of the DB level?
- Specialized User / Role / Schema setups
We don't want users to be able to modify objects in other schemas, just a...
Remove items from an array based on another array
I have 2 Array or ArrayList objects, with data like
$Results = New-Object system.Collections.ArrayList
$Remove = New-Object system.Collections.ArrayList
How can I efficiently remove from the...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Sum with condition not working
- Hopefully someone here can help me solve this problem.
What I have so far is a list with two tables in...
Internal Error: Services limit has been reached
- Has anyone had this issue before.
I have a report which has a basic query. It selects several columns from 2...
Inherit Multi Value Parameter
I have 3 reports:
Report1 with 2 tablix in it (tablix1 and tablix2). These tablix are quite small, and the...
MDX performance issue to go upto day level
- Hi experts,
The data exists in the OLAP database as follows:
[b]Currency Rate | Revenue | Receipt Date[/b]
3000 | 40000 | 12/02/2012
3001 | 34000 | 13/02/2012
Language Setting for a Field (Run Time)
- Hello all,
I am trying to set Language setting for a filed in my table dynamically. I have an expression which...
Failed to host SSRS Report on other server
- [font="Courier New"][size="3"]Hi All,
I am working on SSRS, I have developed a report when deployed it in local instance its working...
Normalization from an excel form
- Hey guys, I have some problems with normalizing the data.
Could you take a look at this file
These is the list...
Generate XML using SSIS
- Can someboy tell me is it possible to generate XML using SSIS script task and SSIS variables (not from SQL...
Filter on measure?
- I have a cube with measures and dimensions. Now, one of reports which I need to create must have filter...