Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Log shipping hybrid
- Within a few months we hope to be using Netapp's Snap Manager for Sql Server to "replicate" changes in our...
data folder permission
By default installation, SQLServer2005MSSQLuser$<INSTANCENAME>$MSSQLSERVER is having the below access to SQL Server Data folder.
Read and Execute
List Folder Contents
CPU 100%, current queries show "CREATE PROCEDURE ... "
I have a SQL Server 2005, which works fine and on some time it starts to use 100% of CPU....
backup background process
- when backup is taken can anyone tell me as to what exactly happens in the background
first official day of every month for past 3 years
- i have a table and a column with dates. there are multiple dates for same date . these dates are inserted...
Finding out Total Disk Space in TSQL
- anyone know any workaround in TSQL who can give this result set?
Drive letter | Total Disk Space (MB) | Free Disk Space...
newbie help pls
CustomerID CustomerName Birthdate
1 John Doe 1/1/1970 08:31 AM
2 Jane Doe 1/1/1971 01:18 PM
3 Jon Public 1/1/1972 11:58 PM
4 Jane Public 1/1/1973 07:00 AM
5 John Smith 1/1/1974 08:31 AM
OrderID PO Number OrderDate
1000 ABC123 1/1/2012 01:00...
Arithmetic overflow error converting nvarchar to data type numeric.
when i run the following sql query:
"update table set price = price * 1.1 "
i get the following error :
"Msg 8115, Level...
How to select the inherited values in hierarchical data structure is efficient way
- I have hierarchical data structure with [State] as top level, [Region] as intermediate level and [Branch] as leaf level.
How do I join tables, but select top 1 from 1-many tbl?
- Essentially I have a Contact table and a History table.
I'd like to get the join the tables, but only show...
UCT to WST -15min
So I need to write a query that will if something was modified in the last 15 min. The...
help with difficult situation
- I am working on a project where i need to identify records from a "sales_log" table where the person who...
Help with SQL Query
I have a table which looks like :
Name Region City Status N_Region N_City N_Status E_Region E_City E_Stauts
Peter AMERICA NY A...
XML + SOAP
- Can you guys help me with this XML?
if object_id('tempdb.dbo.#Temp') is not null
drop table dbo.#Temp
CREATE TABLE #Temp (col xml)
INSERT #Temp (col)
Using CTE doughts
- Hello comunity
I have build this current CTE query to have a drilldown information to know from the customer order, which...
Prioritize the records in a table
- I have a table which has id and statement columns, statement column contains statement like insert into tablename, update tablename,...
Avg count of cases per day
- Hello everyone. I am looking to produce a result set from a helpdesk application that tells me the average number...
Determine unique combinations of permissions assigned to users
- I need to determine the unique combinations of group permissions assigned to users. Currently, permissions are assigned to a user....
T SQL Help - Comma separated numric value
YEAR(OrderDate) AS OrderYear,
SUM(CASE WHEN DATENAME(Q,OrderDate) =1 THEN TotalDue END)AS Q1,
SUM(CASE WHEN DATENAME(Q,OrderDate) =2 THEN TotalDue END)AS Q2,
SUM(CASE WHEN DATENAME(Q,OrderDate) =3...
select rows where values appear consecutively
- Ok, I have a question. I need to select data from a table where a specific value appears for a...
User - select from master database query.
I need to access the master table to checkl the applications logged into the database for a licensing issue.
I can't get Modify (Maintenance Plans) to do anything.
- In SSMS, when I highlight a maintenance plan that I successfully created, right click, and then select Modify, nothing happens....
Comparing multiple versions of a field
- I am working with healthcare data. In some cases, a claim may have 3 different versions (based on whether the...
Trying to view properties of the Database
- When I right click on the database to view properties on any of the databases on the server I get...
Configure DB Mirroring on 2 SQL Servers on different SPs
- I have 1 server with SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 and another SQL Server on SQL 2008 R2 SP2.
Checkpoint - Log Backups
- Hello All
I've been doing some research and testing on the topic of the Checkpoint process
I understand that the job of...
Shrink of data file - DBCC SHRINKFILE - taking a long time and not completing - stuck at 99% completion
- We had a large data purge recently where a large part of the data in a file was deleted.
configuring log shipping from 2008 to 2005
- can we configure below logshipping setup
Prmiary: SQL Server 2008
Secondary Server 2005 with Standby Mode
would it work? can any one suggest...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Reportin services - AVG of avg
I have question, how to sum rows. I create query =avg(iif(filds!urgency.value=1 and filds!_time<=14,1,iif(filds!urgency.value=2 and filds!_time<=130,1,0)), everything is ok, but I...
Normalization from an excel form
- Hey guys, I have some problems with normalizing the data.
Could you take a look at this file
These is the list...
Generate XML using SSIS
- Can someboy tell me is it possible to generate XML using SSIS script task and SSIS variables (not from SQL...