Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SSRS 2005 report manager link not coming up
- On my SQL Server 2005 installation. I am able to view the report server URL but I am unable to...
Is SQL Server 2005 Dev Edition still available?
I have SQL Server 2008 Dev Edition on my system, but I'm working with a client who's OLTP database still...
Differential backup failure
- Hi Team,
I am facing an issue with differential back up . The differential backup is failed only on sunday . we...
DBA Interview Questions needed - Serious only please.
- Hi dudes and dudettes...
The boss and I are conviced that we need a dba since the 3rd party firm providing...
SQL Server on Domain Controller
- Hi friends
Well, i have been told to never install a sql server instance on a windows server domain controller, but...
login permissions to run the SQL Server Profiler
Is there a way to grant a SQL Server 2005 login permissions to run the SQL Server Profiler without granting...
CPU Usage, IO usage and memory usage for sql server 2005
Which DMV can be used or is there any query which can give me an exact data about the CPU...
SSIS Secure FTP Task
- I am needing to transfer data using an encrypted tunnel. The only way I know of how to do this...
STUFF & ISNULL
I'm new in SQL Server, i want the working process of STUFF & ISNULL. How it works & how it concatenate the...
How to join four tables using left outer join
- Hi All,
I want to show data from four tables on the basis of left outer join.All tables contain common column...
How to Build a single row with groups of fields from several rows per key
- i have several rows like:
Customer sn val1, val2, Val3 ..... (sn is a seq# from 1 to 15)
A 1 31 54
- Hi All,
Is it possible to combine two rows into a single row?
[code="plain"]Asset ID Asset Name Relationship Company
1234 abcd Incident
CONVERT COLUMN VALUES TO COMMA SEPARATED ONE ROW VALUE..
- hi all...
I have a query the returns country....state...and cities
the cities are creating ore rows than required, I need to...
what is the difference between ODBC and OleDB?
- Hi Friends
what is the difference between ODBC and OleDB?
Find sub-tree nodes
I have a tree structure represented by a simple table that references itself:
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[AframeGroup] (
[GroupID] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1)...
determine if any error occurs in trigger from out of trigger
- i have an Insert command on Table in which fires a trigger. i wanna know if any error occurs in...
A severe error occurred on the current command
- Hi Everyone,
I have a fairly simple query... it's sums a value from a single table and inner joins to a...
Can't Connect to Remote Server
- Hi experts,
1. I have two servers. Server A and Server B.
2. They are located in two different places and connected...
Access Teradata from SQL server 2005
- We are trying to fetch Teradata tables in SQL server 2005. I installed OLEDB driver for Teradata on server hosting...
unable to start the sql service
- when we are moving tempdb from d to f drive , files are successfully moved . when we tried to restart the...
SQL user test mail not working?
Mail session working fine with sysadmin user sa, etc
after connect SQL user test mail seesion is not working.
I try to...
restore log backups to another server
- Hi every body
I have a database in server A and i have a friday job that takes a full and...
compatible between sql server 2008 and sql server 2008r2
- hello all.
I back up data base from sql server 2008r2 and i want to restor this back up in sql...
- SQL Server (2008) is using 92% of the memory. out of 56 GB SQL using 51.6 GB
How to find out...
Derializer Report server Report Class 2012 ?
- [b][u]serializer And Dserializer Rdlc File [/u][/b]
name space >Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering
[b]Testing....[u][/u][/b] > is false
false= bool myBool = typeof(Report).IsSerializable;
can't get ReportClass ..... like this...
Query Optimizer and value of local variable.
- Let's take code example [url=http://www.sommarskog.se/query-plan-mysteries.html]from this[/url] article (part [i]Parameters and Variables[/i]):
CREATE PROCEDURE List_orders_1 AS
SELECT * FROM Orders WHERE OrderDate >...
un split in sql
- hello all.
i use this function for split:
ALTER FUNCTION dbo.GLB_Split(@String varchar(8000), @Delimiter char(1))
returns @temptable TABLE (id int identity(1,1),items varchar(8000))...
Need to fill the Gaps with previous value
- Hi experts,
I have a scenario to fill in the GAPS between the dates with previousdate+1 day.
here is the table DDL...
Opening/Editing DTS in SQL 2008
- In Windows 2008 64bit server, even after installing Backward comp components, I could not open DTS in SQL 2008.
Dying to solve this problem :-( "SINGLE QUOTATION"
- it's only about ( SINGLE QUOTATION) in ASP.NET
here is my SQL Query:
[code="sql"]SELECT ID, Title
WHERE Title = ' you're most welcome '[/code]
Clustered index, mandatory or optional?!
I'm reviewing our database tables and found some "bad" practices like Clustered index with Uniqueidentifier columns using NewId - support for...
Error With Query
- I Have Two Table [b]Arazi[u][/u][/b] and [b]AraziEghdamat[u][/u][/b] and the Relationship between them is 1(Arazi) to Many(AraziEghdamat).
i want to select all...
Using case in updating column
- ok i have a table called "weights" that has following columns
id shipweight1 shipweight2 shipweight3
Right now i have the following query
8 other pcs are connected through DSN, but..
- I have 8 pcs that are working off of the sql 2008 server, but have another pc that connecting on...
What would be the major concerns for running WCF services and xp_cmdshell on SQL Server?
The development group at my new company is using a WCF service running on the SQL Server to call a...
Calling Netbackup from SQL Job
- Hi there,
I am trying to initiate a Netbackup task from a SQL Job using the following CmdExec code:
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\dbbackex.exe" -f...
A quick query puzzle:
I have a table with below data. Requirement is to replace all integers with continous 6 or more occurances with...
I'm using ola backup script and want to have all backups in the given backup directory NOT to create Instancename\databaseName\BackupType...
Query AD (Active Directory)
- I know you can query AD for logins,email,location but if I want to know if the users are active or...
problem in displaying result from stored procedure to Frontend application
I written a procedure to search hotel based on particular hotel name or based on a cityID. The procedure...
MDF and LDF locations
- MDF and LDF in different locations make any sense in performance of SQL?
Using digital certificate
How to configure SQL Server engine to use digital certificate?
Thanks in advance.
Alphanumeric number generation
I need to write a SQL query to print the following aphanumberic sequence in SQL 2008.
0001, 0002, ... , 0009, 000A, ... , 000Z,...
Sql Server 2008 R2 Error: An error occurred while executing batch. Error message is: Error creating window handle.
- Hi All,
I'm running the query below in SSMS 2008 R2 and it takes longer than expected and when I...
Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric
I have this code:
[Policy_Id] = SNAP.POLICY_ID
,[Mex_Id] = FR.INV_PTF_NAME
,[Rebate_Amount_Gross] = ISNULL(CONVERT(DECIMAL(6,2),((FR.REBATE_RATE * SNAP.TOTAL_UNITS)/100)), 0.00)
and I get this error:
Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to...
insert statements - multiple
- I have build database script, and one part of them is to insert data, so I have multiple insert statements...
High CPU usage (Because of bad execution plan)
- Hi everyone,
We have a server, which has SQL SERVER 2008 R2,periodically we face with high CPU usage(100%) on this server.We...
BULK Insert zwischen Datenbanken
ich lade mir einen Katalog (ca. 800.000 Datensätze) aus einer anderen, entfernten DB (über Verbindungsserver).
Das Wiederherstellungsmodell steht auf FULL....
T-sql select - like
I'm new to these forums & need some help putting together a T-SQL query for selecting some info from my db....
Running out of Identity values
Long story short, I am running out of Identity values on two tables (different databases) but very big tables, a...
SSMS Query Logging
- We have a user who has come from an environment (SAS) where all of the queries she ran were logged,...
Linked server headaches - only failing when executed by sql server agent job
- I have an Oracle 11g r2 linked server. Its currently working for queries and stored procedures. However, when attemping to...
- I have one procedure with parameter @P.
If @p= null & table abc has many rows with col1 = null, then following...
SQL query statement for copying data from different rows to different rows
I have a table (dbo.ACCOUNT_INF) with fields company_code (secondary key), accounts_code (unique) and other columns.
I like to copy rows...
Script to find incorrect data in all tables
- Our clients use MS-SQL 2000 through 2008, and soon will have some using 2012.
WinXP through Win7, very few on Vista....
Transposing, filtering, most recent record
- Hi all,
A user at a PC help forum told me to try here.
I have a SQL database with a lot...
Certifications for beginner
- Hi ALL,
I am currently working with SQL server 2005 database and would like to pursue certifications. From microsoft site, i...
Allways wondering why so many sql server programs are installed in my PC
I'm new to sql server and allways wondering why so many sql server programs are installed in my PC.
UPDATE Does Nothing (Executing Query displays in status)
- I am stumped and perplexed.
The following statement executes correctly returns 2 Rows:
[code="sql"]select JobNum, RefreshDate, RecID from ClosedJobsSumms[/code]
[b]When this statement is...
Help reading Deadlock graph
- I have been going through the forums on how to read this graph. I was asked where does a certain...
Sensible values for Database Mirroring Monitor Threshold
- Hi all
As the title suggests I am wondering what other people are using as thresholds for database mirroing. We have...
Changing Locations of DataFile
- Hi All,
As i see some of the servers are having databases online...
Now this Database have data file & log file on...
- I am a newbie as far as service broker is concerned.
The problem is with message forwarders. Forwarders are receiving...
DBA task for large production database
My production DB size is now 50Gb its increasing (sqlserver 2008 R2 Enterprice edition)
Let me know the DBA task...
What is a read ?
- Hi All
When using DMV's to assess your SQL instance, what is a read?
For example, when dealing with DMV's like:
Query Memory Usage
- Hi All
I'm using the sys.dm_exec_requests to check what's happening in my instance
There is a column called granted_query_memory, what does this...
import - export of dts package
- Hi I am trying to import data from oracle to sql 2000 using dts package but unable to get all...
Scripts from SQL Domian Accounts
i need sql script which will give the domain account services accounts should be used.
sql server Audit problem
I have created one database level audit to monitor select on table "Bet". This audit works only when principal name...
SQL express 2008 R2 - DB size
- I am using express edition of SQL 2008 R2. As per the microsoft sites we can have max DB size...
Mgt Studio can see & login to other servers but not (local)
- Built a new Windows 2008 R2 x64 server, and installed SQL Server 2008 on it, as a test version of...
Need information about certification in Sql Server
- Hi All,
I have 3 year of Experience and I want to know which certification in sql server is good for...
Order of exams for MCSE
- Just blasted through my 2008 BI exams and very much want to get straight into the 2012 exams.
I am looking...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Better to be a "jack of all trades" or a "master of one" with SQL?
- Or will the answer be, as one of the speakers at SQL in the City put it, "it depends?"
Maidenhead SQL Server User Group
- [b]Maidenhead SQL Server User Group - Tuesday 27th March[u][/u][/b]
Registrations are handled via [url=http://sqlserverfaq.com/default.aspx?EVTCTAG=Maidenhead]http://www.SQLServerFAQ.com[/url] Further details of future events can be found...
Ryder Cup 2012
- So, the Ryder Cup's just started over at Medinah...
Any golfing DBA's on here & will you be following the competition over...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
I have a column in my report with an expression:
I'm not getting the right data.
BIDS gives me a...
Customizing Reports Manager (SSRS 2008 R2)
I'd like to make some small cosmetic changes to my install of Reports Manager (SSRS 2008 R2). Maybe change the...
Performance issue with Multi value parameter in SSRS
I have a multi value parameter in SSRS report which has a list of values around 600..When the user selects...
Lookup Function. Have you tried it?
I'm stuck here with a Lookup function in SSRS.
Can anybody give me an example of this function?
Best Regards to...
Compare dates & Using Indicators
I need to compare dates (proj.last.publication (field) and current date) of various projects and depending of the result, expose...
- Hi All,
Can someone help me with this problem? I have a table with product Id and another table with product...
I want to expose indicators based on a specific text, like "True" for example.
If the value in the textbox is...
SSRS report error : Multi value parameter report error only with Select All
I have an issue to report paramters
I have a report which group by data based on 2 paramters and also...
SSRS Dashboard-Passing Parameters in the same page
- Hi All,
I have to create a SSRS dashboard which would contain many reports in the dashboard main page.
Say, I have...
Problem (doubt) with an Index on a composite key
- [b]Can someone help me to clear this situation please, I have the tables shown below:[/b]
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[[b]Country.cat][/b](
[[b]Country_iD[/b]] [smallint] NOT NULL,
Dynamic file name for FTP task.
- Hey I am also working on same task like this In SSIS ftp task...
Here I created a variable for getting...
Pulling from public XML/API data sources for SSIS?
- Hello all, I am in the process of building an experimental database for reporting purposes and would like to download...
SQL Server SSIS Package Configuration with sql server authentication not working
I am new to BI and i have a dilema. I created a data source with SQL Server Authentication(username:...
ssis data flow transform question
I have one large table in one database and i am am going to move the data and turn it...
How to use same connection manager in different control flow tasks?
- Task needed to complete:
1) Run sql task to set database to single user
2)Transfer sql server tables in a single database...