Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
DBA Interview Questions needed - Serious only please.
- Hi dudes and dudettes...
The boss and I are conviced that we need a dba since the 3rd party firm providing...
Reporting Services Login Box always prompting when deploying my report
- Hi to all,
I have a problem in deploying my report in BIDS because there's a Reporting Services Login box...
Invoked Schedule Id of the Job : Urgent!
When a job step is being executed from SQL Server Agent, I need to determine the "schedule_id" that invoked the...
Current Running Job Schedule Id or Name
I have a scheduled job running in SQL Server. While the job is running, is it possible to find out...
Snap shot agent error
- I get this error when I start the snapshot agent for a publication
Message: The SQL command 'sp_MSactivate_auto_sub' had returned...
CPU Usage, IO usage and memory usage for sql server 2005
Which DMV can be used or is there any query which can give me an exact data about the CPU...
imoprt XML Data from xml file having more than 15000 charecter row to sql server destination using ssis
- In my Xml file one column having more than 15000 thousand charecter row, but in xml source read only 4000...
Importing XML Attributes via SSIS
- Hello all.
I am currently in the process of attempting to load a number of XML files into SQL (using SSIS),...
How to Build a single row with groups of fields from several rows per key
- i have several rows like:
Customer sn val1, val2, Val3 ..... (sn is a seq# from 1 to 15)
A 1 31 54
Customize SQL error message for VB.NET App use
- I am wondering if there is a way to overwrite or customize the system error thrown by SQL server. For...
How to partition data of huge table
- I have a table(T1) of around 20 million record and about to grow in future by 100 to 200%. It...
Inserting data in one table as selecting from other tables
- Hi all!
I have a simple question. I've made a simple database in Access and upsized it in my SQL Server...
SUBSTRING And CHARINDEX to find start/end of string
- Hi all,
I have a big long text string that can vary in lengh and contrain audit information about data that...
Csv list in column to separate columns
- Hi all,
Can I ask please if I have a row and one column has a csv list in it. Is...
- SQL Server (2008) is using 92% of the memory. out of 56 GB SQL using 51.6 GB
How to find out...
Derializer Report server Report Class 2012 ?
- [b][u]serializer And Dserializer Rdlc File [/u][/b]
name space >Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportRendering
[b]Testing....[u][/u][/b] > is false
false= bool myBool = typeof(Report).IsSerializable;
can't get ReportClass ..... like this...
Query Optimizer and value of local variable.
- Let's take code example [url=http://www.sommarskog.se/query-plan-mysteries.html]from this[/url] article (part [i]Parameters and Variables[/i]):
CREATE PROCEDURE List_orders_1 AS
SELECT * FROM Orders WHERE OrderDate >...
how to insert values to table only if the same row not exists
I want insert to table (table name is: "portfolioForExpert") 2 values:
2) portfolioID (value of "1" represent: "stocks",...
un split in sql
- hello all.
i use this function for split:
ALTER FUNCTION dbo.GLB_Split(@String varchar(8000), @Delimiter char(1))
returns @temptable TABLE (id int identity(1,1),items varchar(8000))...
Need to fill the Gaps with previous value
- Hi experts,
I have a scenario to fill in the GAPS between the dates with previousdate+1 day.
here is the table DDL...
Dying to solve this problem :-( "SINGLE QUOTATION"
- it's only about ( SINGLE QUOTATION) in ASP.NET
here is my SQL Query:
[code="sql"]SELECT ID, Title
WHERE Title = ' you're most welcome '[/code]
Error With Query
- I Have Two Table [b]Arazi[u][/u][/b] and [b]AraziEghdamat[u][/u][/b] and the Relationship between them is 1(Arazi) to Many(AraziEghdamat).
i want to select all...
Error when restoring
- Error when restoring: Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types. (mscorlib)
Using case in updating column
- ok i have a table called "weights" that has following columns
id shipweight1 shipweight2 shipweight3
Right now i have the following query
Why does this take so long!
- Hi Everybody
This is my first posting in this forum, so please bear with me if I should get some thing...
cant get backup on drive C:\
- I write this query for getting backup of DB.when i want to save it on Drive c or desktop it...
- create procedure outname
@Nm Nvarchar (100) output
select @Nm=FirstName from AdventureWorks.Person.Contact
declare @Nam Nvarchar (100)
exec outname 112, @Nam=@Nm output
Nested queries problem in SQL2008R2
We did an upgrade to SQL2008R2 last night and the query below seems to take an excessive time to...
count(*) taking forever... emergency
- Team - Friday night is turning bad for me...
One of my SPs was taking forever and after a long haul I...
HTML using XML PATH
I am generating the HTML using the XML PATH query, which is happening using the below mentioned code, the only...
Linked server headaches - only failing when executed by sql server agent job
- I have an Oracle 11g r2 linked server. Its currently working for queries and stored procedures. However, when attemping to...
Script to find incorrect data in all tables
- Our clients use MS-SQL 2000 through 2008, and soon will have some using 2012.
WinXP through Win7, very few on Vista....
Transposing, filtering, most recent record
- Hi all,
A user at a PC help forum told me to try here.
I have a SQL database with a lot...
Need to find user accounts that are running jobs
- I keep running in to jobs that are running under the account of the previous DBA that held my new...
Certifications for beginner
- Hi ALL,
I am currently working with SQL server 2005 database and would like to pursue certifications. From microsoft site, i...
Help reading Deadlock graph
- I have been going through the forums on how to read this graph. I was asked where does a certain...
Problem with Data collection jobs on one server.
- Hi, I have a problem with one server and the default data collection job failing.
If someone could help that would...
Logged into a SQL Server and not active state
- Hi I need a little help in creating an email alert to my Team mentioning the list not active persons(Disconnected)...
What is a read ?
- Hi All
When using DMV's to assess your SQL instance, what is a read?
For example, when dealing with DMV's like:
Query Memory Usage
- Hi All
I'm using the sys.dm_exec_requests to check what's happening in my instance
There is a column called granted_query_memory, what does this...
Problem With Moving MSDB?
- Hey Pals!
I moved My MSDB database to another location. after that i tried to start my server but unfortunately it...
SQL 2012 Querying - 70-461
- In my 15 years of taking various Microsoft certification tests, this test is the first that actually represents day to...
Id like to take this exam and looking for some good prep.. My T-SQL skills are basic at present...
Better to be a "jack of all trades" or a "master of one" with SQL?
- Or will the answer be, as one of the speakers at SQL in the City put it, "it depends?"
Earn Cash Online (NAP235045)
- SOFT CASH NETWORK offer one of the World’s best network
marketing system with 100% secure and authentic payment, Everyone can...
How to survey in IT field for the next 5-10 years
- Due to heavy Competetion, I feel like surveying in IT field as a developer ( any tool) for the next 5...
Sybase DBA vs SQL DBA
- what is the majore difference between from SYBASE DBA & SQL DBA from their day to day activity perspective?
maintenance activity perspective?
Sybase 15.7 vs SQL 2012
- Hi All,
How is the feature of sybase database in all over the world? I can see now a days lot...
I would like to know how is the opportunity for Datastage in all over the world.
how about the future...
AB INITIO ETL Tool
I would like to know how is the opportunity for AB INITIO in all over the world.
how about the...
GREEN PLUM Database
I would like to know how is the opportunity for GREEN PLUM database in all over the world.
What DB does Sqlservercentral uses ?
- As of my knowledge It would use sqlserver only. anything else apart from sqlserver ?
How to display Excel_32.gif image in SSRS for Excel files
- In SSRS, uploaded Vis Studio reports display RB_document_32.gif next to the report name to indicate the file type.
Pulling from public XML/API data sources for SSIS?
- Hello all, I am in the process of building an experimental database for reporting purposes and would like to download...
How to use same connection manager in different control flow tasks?
- Task needed to complete:
1) Run sql task to set database to single user
2)Transfer sql server tables in a single database...