Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
- Hello everyone,
In our datawarehousing environment, every morning indexes are dropped and then data is loaded into the database and finally...
DBA Interview Questions needed - Serious only please.
- Hi dudes and dudettes...
The boss and I are conviced that we need a dba since the 3rd party firm providing...
Can't perform a full backup due to Full Text-search catalog being offline
- I had to attach database to a different server and while it was attaching, I answered NO to turning Full...
Error in precedence Constraint Expression
Am new to ssis i given the below condition in constraint expression it show error help any body
Business Intelligence SAS providers
- I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed on SQL Server 2012.
I am using SAS dataset as source to SSIS package.But...
SSIS Pakage Error
- Executing SSIS package i am getting following error.
[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "exec proc_BusinessRulesValidation @UserName = ?,
@..." failed with the...
Error in SSIS package after deployment
- Hi I have deployed the package and when i was running this package from other machine i was getting the...
Cannot retrieve row from page (1:2108289) by RID
- MigrationData is my production database last few days i got the error message when i execute a procedure on this...
Removing trailing spaces in a table column
I am having trouble removing trailing spaces in a table column (query phrase).
so far i have tried using Ltrim...
SQL MSDTC Error
- Dear Guru's,
I am getting following error in my PRODUCTION server. Please note that I do not have Cluster Environment.
SQL Server 2005 64 bit vs 32 bit
- Hello to all. I have installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition on my Windows...
Cannot Create Full Text Index
- For some reason, I cannot create a full text index or catalog using SLQ Server 2005. I mark the database...
Error logging in...The type initializer for 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection' threw an exception
- Hello - I have a SQL Server instance that I am only able to get to from my local installation of...
Temp table for Performance Impact
We are using the table variables inside the sp. It is working fine at QA and staging server. When It...
Import Multiple XML files into Sql Server using SSIS
- Hello All...
I have a set of XML files which I need to import into database on Regular basis(after validating some...
SSIS - ForEach From Variable Enumerator
I'm using ForEach Loop container and selected "ForEach From Variable Enumerator" option. I created a variable of System.Object(User::Collection) and selected...
SSIS - Truncation Warnings
- I have created a package to import data into a table that has been created per a data dictionary. I...
how to avoid duplicate business logic
- Take the following example:
[code="sql"]select * from tbl_Users U where U.active = 1 and U.deleted = 0[/code]
It seems that the application owner keeps changing...
Performance issue with tally solution
- Hello everybody!
I have a performance issue with a set based solution. Please could you advice me what I'm doing wrong?
Reduce INITIAL SIZE of TEMPDB
- I accidently made the INITIAL SIZE of my TEMPDB much too large. Now when I try to decrease the size,...
Auto backup and restore in remote SQL server 2000
- Hi Experts,
Say I have two Servers (ServerA and ServerB),
I have performed database backup from ServerA and Put the backup file...
SQL DTS - "Invalid Pointer"
- Hi All,
I have two SQL servers, one is running SQLServer 7.0 (7.00.842) and the other is running SQLServer 2000 (8.00.760). I've...
SUBSTRING And CHARINDEX to find start/end of string
- Hi all,
I have a big long text string that can vary in lengh and contrain audit information about data that...
Please Help Solve Why SSIS Package Fails When Run as SQL Agent Job
- We have SQL Server 2005 x86 locally. On it we have a SQL Agent Job that runs an SSIS package...
Login Access levels
- How to get a list of users or logins, their role, and enabled or not.
SELECT MemPrin.name AS MemberName, RolPrin.name AS...
Which Option is good
- Hi All,
I would like to know which tool is good for deployment from one location to another. I need...
Need help in ssis transactions
- Hi all,
In my package i have one sequence container,in that i have 3 data flow task ...each one access...
Query Performance - Advice needed on Joining same table multiple times
- We have a product table which some of the products are kits which include other products. So i have 2...
Isolation Level and LOCK_TIMEOUT
- We have a proc that causes high blocking on inserts. The proc joins 3 tables (one of them is where...
determine which transactions add up to a specific value?
- I swear I've done this before, but I'm drawing a blank today.
in this example, one or more detail transactions should...
Database change policy and procedure
- Presently we have no defined process or policy for changes to SQL Server instances and databases in our environment. I'm...
Can't run SSIS package from sqlagent jobs
Hello,When I run package from integration it works,but I am trying to run SSIS package from sqlagent jobs and get...
Active flag on IP Addresses flag of TCP/IP Properties in Configuration Manager
- I have two instances on a server. I'm looking in SQL Server Configuration Manager, under the TCP/IP properties for each...
Easy Question - Indexes on Tables in a view
- If I have the following query as a view:
inner join b
on a.id = b.fk_id
UNIQUEIDENTIFIER vs BIGINT
I read somewhere that when ever there's a join between two tables, for example orderlines and products being joined by...
Specify schema on table name
I can across this link on the net [url]http://www.sommarskog.se/dyn-search-2005.html[/url].
Somewhere there's this:
On lines 25-28 there is something very important:
FROM dbo.Orders o
how to create a database with Windows credential
- I was assgined a windows credentials (a user name and password), which only has the permission create a database.
Enforcing data integrity, preventing over-lapping date ranges
- Hello All,
I typically have join tables where I maintain the current and historical relationships between different entities here represented by...
Protection from SQL Injection with dynamic SQL using SQL 2012 ?
- Instead of this: --exec (@Query);
I am using this:
DECLARE @QueryCondition nVARCHAR(4000)
DECLARE @ParmDefinition1 nVARCHAR(4000);
SET @ParmDefinition1 = N'@fromtoRec nvarchar';
DECLARE @ParmDefinition2 nVARCHAR(4000);
What SQl Agent Jobs Should I set up?
What are the most common/best SQL Agent Jobs to set up?
The ones I generally set up are as follows:- (Daily...
How to create a procedure which takes multi value parameter -Urgent Help Needed
I need to create a procedure which takes 2 input parameters and using this stored procedure in crystal reports for...
SQL Serevr Services
- Hi All,
Can we start and stop the SQL Server services without being the member of Adminstative group on local server...
Why does this take so long!
- Hi Everybody
This is my first posting in this forum, so please bear with me if I should get some thing...
OS permission override by SQL Server
My windows ID has admin rights on the sql server but I am not the administrator of the server. Now...
How can I find the first column having NULL values in a table
- Hi Friends,
I have a file reader function that will read the file and load the data into a temp table....
cannot get sql intellisense working after vs2010 update
- from scouring the net, this seems to be a big problem, but i've yet to be able to cure it...
What does Plan_Handle Specifies?
I am a newbie.I was going around DMV and found out Plan_Handle. I find out that this column is used...
CREATE TABLE product
ID INT IDENTITY(1,1)
,VAL VARCHAR(MAX) NOT NULL
'Set of data'
Top Operations returns rows in different order when run within a SP
- Today we had a problem with a stored procedure in production, here is the code within the SP:
TOP 1 s.SiteID
t-sql - days to week and days
- How do I convert days into weeks and days
Ex:350 days = 50 0/7 weeks
351 days = 50 1/7 weeks
SQL Server 2000 - Substring or replace for a binary value
- How to substring or replace 0x from a binany value 0xF60F9125DBA7E94012F55E2177C95C0E906862B1
in SQL Server 2000 using tsql. The output should be...
trying to change date to use next month
- I have the statement below, and I am trying to change the date to use November 1st (11/01/2012). Can't seem...
Running out of Identity values
Long story short, I am running out of Identity values on two tables (different databases) but very big tables, a...
TSQL Case Statement help
- Hi All,
First off im a TSQL Novice...so help is needed and much appreciated
within several tables i have a job type...
Using MERGE for Audting
I'm looking at using Merge which I've never used. I've achieved Auditing before with an After trigger that writes...
Get multiple rows of data based on one condition and grouping
- Here is my scenario along with the SQL commands,
--Create a sample table
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[CustomerPurchase](
[PurchaseDate] [datetime] NOT NULL,
[CustomerID] [int] NOT...
Multipe letters into one
I have read and asked lot of questionss about "Multiple space into one" here. I just thought the below scenario...
Dynamic Filter and Order By
I'm doing some testing with dynamic filtering and order by clause.
I'm comparing dynamic SQL vs using the CASE statement...
Query to Exclude Duplicate values in different columns.
- Can anybody help me with this logic.
I want to exclude rows in which value for column nc1 is repeated in...
find increase/decrease amount
- i want to find the increase / decrease amount group by sector and month.
declare @t table
([id] int,[Amount] int,monthno int,Sector...
Best way to effienctly store hugh amounts of data
- Would be interested to hear on some of the best ways to approach this situation.
I've recently started at a company...
varchar to time or datetime or ARGGHH Please help me.
- I have a datetime (your standard yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss) column and a varchar column that holds an appt time that looks...
Multiple Space into one + 65,33,17,9,5,3,2
I have recently read Jeff Moden's Multiple space into one space article and i saw M's reply on this topic.
Get the overall status of a particular product
- Hi, need some help to write the query as i am not sure how to achieve this.
I am having a...
How do I use one column for node names and the others for elements in that node?
- I'm trying to query some data with FOR XML to output the XML. Let's say I have data like this...
Spiltting columns in sql 2008
- hello i have one column that I need split into two, the colum records age value, and the name of...
Date Format in SSRS
- I have the date time field. I want extract only Month and the year. How can I do the same.
conditional job step
- Hi all,
I have a job that has one step (to populate table A). There is an external app that processes...
INVALID OBJECT NAME
I have wrote one store proc. So, in the stored procedure, it is using one table which is in the...
Disabling an account on unexpected SQL Statement
- Hi Folks,
Wondering if anyone had any ideas on this dilema?
I want to be able to trace code through my database,...
Use Windows Logins rather than Windows Group to control access to SQL Server
- after doing some researching online...found two different Microsoft sql server 2008 R2 security best practices docs....
one is recommending to use...
- I have a Table where in i have to set Identity in it.... it has 1 Lakh records in it..
sql server agent jobs history
- Hi Team,
SQL SERVER Agent jobs subplan_1,Plan_2, Plan_3 .. Etc i m not able see jobs history could you please suggest...
- After setting up Replication (Transactional Publication with updatable Subscription)
between two instances one instance being both Distributor and Publisher, with...
Mirror and witness becomes disconnected, won't reconnect
- Hello all. I have several setups with principal, mirror and witness set to High safety/auto failover. On rare occaisions, the...
Changing Locations of DataFile
- Hi All,
As i see some of the servers are having databases online...
Now this Database have data file & log file on...
Rebuild Index failed?
I am using Mr.ola.hallengren database Maintenance script last 8 months and there is no any issues for backup, rebuild index...
Moving existing indexes to new filegroup,sql server 2008
Can anyone of you please guide me how to move indexes (Primary filegroup) to new Index filegroup.
I have done for...
urgent help needed--moving data from 2000sql to 2008 sql
- [color=#red][/color]I have a database of size 42gb on production which is 2000sql standard edition and want it to move to...
Converting table data into Table columns + <xmlformat> in last column
- I have a Table with 20 columns the first 12 columns needs to be same as it is, but from...
- Hi all
Being new to Service broker I am just trying to understand a couple of points. I am using WMI...
Windows 2012, whats your thoughts?
- Do you love it, hate it?
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
Front End Dev
- HI all,
I'm very happy in my SQL world with all the tools MS give me.
Just sometimes somebody wants a...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
There's still hope for all you DBAs out there looking for a telecommuting job that allows you to work in...
Lookup Function. Have you tried it?
I'm stuck here with a Lookup function in SSRS.
Can anybody give me an example of this function?
Best Regards to...
Compare dates & Using Indicators
I need to compare dates (proj.last.publication (field) and current date) of various projects and depending of the result, expose...
- Hi All,
Can someone help me with this problem? I have a table with product Id and another table with product...
format date within reporting services
- I need to display a date in uk format without the time portion. My report runs from a AS cube...
Error on package not sure how to find error
One of my packages is failing and not sure why?
What is the best way to find out what is causing...
Crystal Report run through DTS
I just run crystal report daily without any parameter and after run, save the file in c:\temp directory. I have...