Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Current tempDB size at 2 GB. Anyway I can create a new tempDB to start out at 100 MB?
- I'm not a DBA but I've been tasked with this change for the simple fact we don't have a DBA...
- i have 2 db whose t-log backups occurs everyhour. but everyweekend the log file fills...needs to to be shrunk to...
Odd Filegroup backup behavior
- We have a particularly large database that is partitioned across multiple filegroups. We have nightly file group backups on the...
sqlmail timout connection pool
- I am using an SQL Job to call a stored procedure which queries the database to get some email addresses...
Is it safe to Shrink Database file in SQL server 2005
I had a table (Size = 10GB) with Millions of records that was storing ShowXML plan through SQL Server Profiler...
Accessing Object variable in an Execute SQL Task
I have created a variable in SSIS 2008 of type Object that returns a set of ids that exist in...
Auto Backup in remote server in sql server 2000
- Hello Experts,
I want to do auto backup of my database into remote servers directly. But I am not getting the...
SUBSTRING And CHARINDEX to find start/end of string
- Hi all,
I have a big long text string that can vary in lengh and contrain audit information about data that...
Csv list in column to separate columns
- Hi all,
Can I ask please if I have a row and one column has a csv list in it. Is...
SQL Serevr Services
- Hi All,
Can we start and stop the SQL Server services without being the member of Adminstative group on local server...
Why does this take so long!
- Hi Everybody
This is my first posting in this forum, so please bear with me if I should get some thing...
SQL Server has encountered occurrence(s) of I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete
- I have a few SQL Server 2008R2 SP1 and SP2 as well as a couple SQL Server 2008 SP3 getting...
open transaction on none Editable table
- Dear Experts,
We have some tables that we call them LKs.( look up tables)
It is obvious that we have no insert,...
how to write a query using stored procedure
- Like to know more about stored procedure
Read nodes from XML to table
- Hi everyone,
I have xml structure as below:
<row id="PDPD1134200001" xml:space="preserve">
Reg: Windows Authentication
In My Laptop i am using sqlserver 2008.i forget my 'sa' password. I tried windows authentication.But I am facing...
Heart Rate Monitor Watch, £8.99 (was £19.99) | Deal Trove.
- Monitor the progress of your workout resolutions with this data collecting sports watch.
This watch not only monitors your heart...
Robocopy false error code of 8 when executed from SQL
- I am trying to call robocopy from a bat fie to move backups to a network server. This is working...
Practice exam for 70-451
- Can anyone recommend a practice exam for the 70-451? I usually use measureup but they don't appear to have one.
Trying to use Case Statement to get value into a GL Account with periods in the format
- I am new to SQL and trying to migrate data into a GL account field which has the following format...
How can I find the first column having NULL values in a table
- Hi Friends,
I have a file reader function that will read the file and load the data into a temp table....
Date Comparison Error
- Dear All,
Today I face a problem in Date Comparison please help me in out thanks in advance... problem mention below:-
Help with Count over days (but not per day) ... the total up until that day through the date range.
I am having an issue trying to wrap my head around this.
I am trying to get the count of something...
- Hello all,
I'm wondering if it is possible to do the following. I have a table with locations in the world.
query to get dates for a number of weeks
- I need a query that will produce rows of dates given a starting date and incrementing that date for a...
- I cannot figure out how to add columns or ordering to my query which has a Rollup without it changing...
Consolidate Overlapping Date Periods
- Getting late in the day and I could use some support from those who are feeling fresh! :-)
Suppose I have...
- Hi All
I have 2 tables.
Table 1 MasterDefects
Table 2 Results
View Records That Are Associated With a User Table
- I would like to find a way to setup a user table with logins (UserID) in one column and a...
- After setting up Replication (Transactional Publication with updatable Subscription)
between two instances one instance being both Distributor and Publisher, with...
Installing SP2 on SQL Server 2008R2 RTM (Standard)
- Need to install the latest service pack on SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM (Standard Edition). Please let me know if...
Capacity Plan for Server ?
- I have a scenario where I need to import data from a server to another one. The data transfer is...
DBCC CHECK DB ERROR
- When we run DBCC CHECKDB on one of our production Server we get the below error..
Error:--The database could not be...
Is there a time limit for Maintenance Plan execution
We have a maintenance plan that performs a DBCC against all databases on the server before executing a backup of...
SQL server performance disgnostic tool
- I am Sr. DBA in one of the leading bank and we would like to buy MS SQL server performance...
Can we add Z-axis (third vertical axis) to a chart in SSRS 2008 R2
- I have searched the web and SSRS documentation but can't seem to find any information whether SSRS allows adding Z-axis...