Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
How can I find which certificate is used ?
Suppose a user gives a backup taken from one of the SQL server 2008 encrypted with TDE.
But user doesn't...
String or binary data would be truncated.
- I am getting error in below code:
SET NOCOUNT ON
CREATE TABLE #EVENTS (LOGDATE DATETIME, PROCESSINFO VARCHAR(50), VCHMESSAGE VARCHAR(800), SOURCE VARCHAR(20),...
Need help auditing
- Hi everyone,
Before I got to this new job, people were allowed to create many unused objects in our production...
Maintenance Jobs Fail After Changing sa Password
- On a number of different instances of various SQL versions, Including
SQL2005 and 2008, I am having Maint jobs failing with...
Date Calculation Spin Error/Warning Messages
- Has anyone see messages similar to the following on their SQL 2005 box?
 Warning : Possible date calculation spin for...
Backup scripts vs. Maint Plans
- Hi all,
What are advantages and disadvantages of Maintenence Plans for backups vs backup scripts ?
Our version is 2008.
Extend Timeout on SSRS/BIDS Tooltip
Fairly new to this so bear with me please.
I have a report built in SSRS / BIDS. I have the...
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally
- Dear All,
Could someone please advice on this.
Msg 3013, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Msg 845, Level...
SQL Server 2005 64 bit vs 32 bit
- Hello to all. I have installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition and Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition on my Windows...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
Want to monitor Replication using a Job.
- Actually, Transactional Replication is running between Sql server 2005 to SQL Server 2000.
But, Replication Status is running fine. all agents...
Distribution database is too big;
- Distribution database is 28 GB and growing 1GB per day.
I have changed the retention period from subscription never expires to...
How to convert varchar(20090303084115) to datetime
While loading the data from Excel file to staging table using SSIS 2005 contains one column "StartDate"
Some of the values...
Transfer Data from one database table to Another database table
I have two databases – DBSample1,DBSample2
Both databases contains same table names(TabSample1 and TabSample11) and same design
Need to copy the...
GENERATE IDENTITY VALUE IN THE DATAFLOWTASK PIPLINES
- Is there a way to generate identity value for rows that are passing in the dataflow task pipelines?.
There are two...
trailing space in len() problem
- hello all
declare @sqlStr varchar(max)
set @sqlStr = 'aa, '
returns 3 on one server and 4 on another...
if i try...
trigger update and compare string !?
i'm a beginner with t sql => sql server 2005.
i have this table :
T_courses with these fields : idCourse (int), Libelle...
Quickest Way to Find an Index
- Hi Folks
can comeone tell me the quickest way to find an index in some 100 plus databases ?
is there a...
backup and restore
where can i find how to do backup and restore in database article step by step.
and also how to do...
Anonymous access in SQL RS 2008
In SSRS 2008 their is no IIS required.
So anonymous access is not possible by configuring IIS.
I find the...
Getting the last entry based on a previous entry.
We are still on SQL 2000 and I need help with a query.
We have a table named Reporthistory that records...
sql server maintenace jobs schedule at 10 am not executing
- HI to all can any one guide me in this
sql server maintenace backup jobs schedule at 10 am not...
Multiple columns IN support
- Hi All,
Currently I am working on oracle to MS SQL server migration project.
SQL select query in Oracle:
Select ID, NAME...
Date conversion issue
- Hi All,
Using below conversion i am getting date only like 20120926 but my requirement is 201209261015 like hour & time
Unable to stop a job running "sql server analysis services command"
From time to time, a SQL Server job with a step type "sql server analysis services command" is running for...
SQL Transactional Replication 2008 problems
- Hi, i need help urgently on this one.
I have transactional replication in place between two servers. These db's are rather...
Unable to connect to SQL Server 2008 Clinet system from Windows7
- hi all,
I try login to my client system sql server using Sql Server Client Management Studio 2008 wit Windows 7....
Fiscal year week
- Hi all,
I'm here with another question may be it is simple.but i searched in web i didn't get the...
how to write insert query for this two table with only one parameter?
- here iam having a parameter @questionIdandchoiceid varchar(8000)='1-2,2-3,3-5' from this parameter i just want o insert into two table
DECLARE @questionIdandchoiceid varchar(8000)='1-2,2-3,3-5'...
Stored Procedure Insert Locking Until End of Processing
- Hi, I have been trying to get the stored proc below to not lock dbo.some_table during the waitfor delay portion....
Selecting a substring up to a specific (special) character
- OK, so I would like to write a query that pulls info after a certain number of underscores. For example:
Preventing from "create database" with data and log file on C: drive.
- Hello everyone,
Thanks for looking in to my question.
I have a SQL Server 2008R2 dev environment. I have set the default...
At this point is it worth to take the MCITP certification?
Exams: 70-488 and 70-452?
I'm studying to take these test...
Query result in SQL Server 2000 return correct and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 return wrong
We have a problem in the query within the attached file. When I run in sql server 2000 it...
asynchronous_file_target access denied error
- I am working thru the extended events and I am trying to set the output to a file using asynchronous_file_target....
check constraint opinion?
- What's your opinion on check constraints in SS?
Check constraints seem good for enforcing constraints at the table level. Putting validation...
Fetching data from an SQL Server in to an Access database
- Hi Everybody,
I am trying to fetch some data from an SQL Server Database.
I have a query, but it keeps prompting...
cannot get sql intellisense working after vs2010 update
- from scouring the net, this seems to be a big problem, but i've yet to be able to cure it...
excel help...in ssis...
- Hi all,
i have to move invalid records(data type mismatch) from excel into error log and have to process only...
- I have 2 instances set up on a cluster. On one of the instances database mail is working correctly on...
"Dynamic" view question
- We have a existing system full of accounts. There is a requirement that any new accounts are to be divided...
Lean operation project
- I work in healthcare and I am pretty fresh in my career and would like to ask some advise.
Understanding the difference between Join and Where filters - SQL 2008R2
- I'm new to the TSQL world (coming from visual basic) and am working with large tables (125+ million rows) and...
sql service restarted unexpectedly
- hello experts,
in my production server sql service restarted unexpectedly, the concern teams are asking for root cause analysis doc for...
Replicating/Update Remote Server
- Hi everyone
I was wondering what the best solution/practice would be for the following scenario:
We have a complex data structure with...
new to DBA an dtechnology
- Hi all,
I am new to technology world, been in customer support, planing to move to technology, been thinking of doing...
Database Mirror Error Msg 1418
- Hi, I have setup many mirrored databases before but this time has been very frustrating. I did search this error...
T-SQL query help
I have data the data in the below temp table(SQL query)
[code="sql"]IF object_id('TempDB..#tTemp1') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE #tTemp1
CREATE TABLE #tTemp1(ID int,...
Tables most and least used in SQL Server
I wanted to know this just to increased my information as i am a newbie. I found out this on...
What does sys.tables.type meant.
coversion error while inserting value in datatype=Int column
- Hi...I am getting this message
Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 7
Conversion failed when converting the varchar value 'd1867 ' to...
user_seeks Vs user_scan
I tried finding this (user_seeks Vs user_scan) out on internet but no proper explanation is present for this. I was...
CLR Funtion To split the cama separated string.
- Hi All,
I need a CLR function to split the "," separated string.
Ex: string like 1,2,3,4,
Restart runningtotal when predetermined value is reached
- Hi, Im trying to create a running total based on FieldToSum that will restart everytime runningTotal <= 25 and count...
Need Help on User Tree Hierarchy with Addition/Deletion Option
- Hello All,
I have situation where if user pass the userid then their respective hierarchy display.Here is SP
CREATE PROCEDURE TraverseUsersRecursive
Consolidating records - TSQL problem
- Good afternoon,
I've been working on a project to eliminate duplicates from a record set containing contact and address details. (ChrisM@Work/Home...
FK referencing multiple tables
Is it possible to have a column on table A that references table B or table C depending on another...
How to transform this result?
- Hi SQL Gurus,
I have this default master data table below:
ITEM | CNT | DESCRIPTION
HMMEDA | | HYH Med Oil
HMMEDA | G01 | HYH Med...
bcp a pipe delimited file
i want to import a flat file of type
Employee ID|Employee Name;
inside a sql proc
As bcp requires the destination table...
Difference between decimal and smallmoney
smallmoney type takes up to 4 bytes.
Monetary data values from -214,748.3648 through +214,748.3647, with accuracy to a ten-thousandth of a...
Problem with Grouping and max()
Basically the data is access data to a building. I want to establish if the person is in or out...
CommVault Backup errors on SQL 2000
- i am getting the belwo event on windows event:
Event in Windows:
Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 2
I/O error (torn page) detected...
How Do You Keep The "Pieces" Of A Complex Statement "Organized"
- I just finished a complex SQL statement; and, yes, I know there are even more complex ones.
When I am faced...
Logshipping is not working.
We have a log-shipping set up on the production server for reporting purpose.
Unknowingly, I have set up a backup strategy...
Using Access to put data into SQL Server
- Hello everyone. So I have a database in SQL Server 2008 that contains 5 tables. I have connected Microsoft Access...
Local group permissions issues
- We restore Production backups to our UAT server nightly to keep data refreshed. The devs are given access through a...
Use Windows Logins rather than Windows Group to control access to SQL Server
- after doing some researching online...found two different Microsoft sql server 2008 R2 security best practices docs....
one is recommending to use...
I want to understand the Logshipping reestablishment Scenerio After a Failover.Below Mentioned are the details of the Environment for the...
- Now Daily at morning 6:00 am the server (Database) does not have any transactions.. i mean its on IDLE state...
Active /Active configuration
- Hi All,
I configured SQL cluster configuration successfully as Active /Passive but i am not understand how do i configure...
- After setting up Replication (Transactional Publication with updatable Subscription)
between two instances one instance being both Distributor and Publisher, with...
OS Error when configuring Log Shipping
- I am attempting to set up Log Shipping, and after going through the configuration wizard, I continually get the following...
I am new sql server partitioning. I have tried implementing the range partiotioning.
create database demo
Upgrading SQL Server 2008 Express to Service Pack 3
- I am investigating the most efficient way to acheive a SQL Server 2008 Express with Tools starting from a clean...
Need a Memory Utilization alert SQL Server 2008 r2
- I Need a Memory Utilization alert SQL Server 2008 r2. I am not sure which alert in sql server will...
Want to find transaction log size before taking backup
I want to estimate the transaction log size before taking backup not the used space
collation issue raised by a system UNION query
- Here is the bug demonstration in sql server 2008r2
a. Check the Server Collation : should be SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
b. Create a login: abcd
SQL Disk to Memory
- Hi all
I have a quick question regarding pages moving from disk into memory
If I select * from a table, are all...
can I measure how much memory is allocated to the buffer in SS2K8 on VMWare accurately
- I have a 8GB SS2K8 database on a smallish VMware server with 5 other VMs running on the host. The...
trc to xls
- i have a .trc trace file and i need to convert it in excel format, is there any tool
MS SQL developer
- Sorry for only Russian, however the job opportunity is only for RU. Thanks for understanding.
??????????? MS SQL
????????: ?? 40 000 ?? 50...
The SQL Saturday Thread
- I figured I'd start a thread (I don't think anyone's done so) for all things [url=http://www.sqlsaturday.com/]SQL Saturday[/url]!
I'm heading down to...
Front End Dev
- HI all,
I'm very happy in my SQL world with all the tools MS give me.
Just sometimes somebody wants a...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
SSRS SUbscriptions !
- Hello and a very good morning,
yesterday i installed SSRS 2005 Standard edition on Windows 2008 64 bit machine. Everything seems...
Help with SSRS
- I'm new to SSRS and T-SQL reporting. The below query works fine but I want the field R.FLDDATEDUE multiple times...
AutoRefresh fails after midnight on reports with date parameter
We use some reports in our NOC which have date parameters with defaults set to the current day. These reports...
Page Break problem in reporting services when I use matrix
I have the blank page problem in my report. In the report I have a table with contains 50 rows so the...
i need to know ,what will you do for disaster recovery for your database.
i need any article and anything you...
SSIS Package executes successfully in dev/test environment but fails in production
I have an ssis package that runs perfectly fine in test/dev environment but when deployed to production it fails. The...
Memory allocation for SSIS variable
- I'm having a problem with an SSIS variable.
The variable is defined as data type object. I'm writing an ADO record...
dynamic columns in flat file destination connection manager?
In a large database I wish to extract text files with the data from individual tables as well generate the...
Show Right Column to Right User
- If I have three different user with different occupation (manager, salesman, accounting)
The main question is to how display right column...