Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Is there any way to cancel redo logs in mirror server ?
Safety = FULL. No witness.
Principal goes down, and there's a long redo queue in mirror and will take long time to...
- i need a select query for below.
there is 3 date colums in a table.
how to find out the greatest value...
Third Party Backup Technologies
I am looking at implementing a third party technology to allow me to compress and encrypt backups of databases in...
Degree of parallelism in SQL Server
- I have a question on Degree of Parallelism. I basically want to know the best practice or guidelines to set...
Multiple Source to Multiple Destination package
- Hi Guys,
Thanks for advance,I have one requirement like multiple source to mutiple destination in same package.
Requirement description :
Unexpected Result of Select Statement: Shubham Saxena
- Hi Friends,
I am getting unexpected result:Please Explain deeply.
SELECT CAST(643 AS VARCHAR(1))
select Cast(45 as char(1))
why i am getting result as...
sql server Data Matrix.
- I have Table A , and table B . table A holds the about the class of a product and table B...
Group By - question
- I have a question which is probably really basic but can't work it out for the life of me so...
- USE [tempdb]
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[hubCustomer](
[CustVid] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[CustSourceGid] [nvarchar](30) NULL
INSERT INTO HUBCustomer SELECT '103' UNION ALL
SELECT '105' UNION ALL
Provider:TCP Provider, error:0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- I am getting the below error from .net application code. I am using VS2008 with MS SQLServer Express 2005.
Select product depend upon date
pd0 2012-08-11 18:45:55.780
Pd1 2012-08-11 18:55:17.020
pd2 2012-08-11 19:06:58.623
pd3 2012-08-18 12:00:01.193
pd4 2012-08-25 12:13:04.077
can i set ISOLATION LEVEL at user level ?
- Hi All,
is it possible to set a default isolation level for a user?
because, when i am giving permission for a...
SQL ReTry Logic
- Hello All ,
I have a process where I need to restore a reporting database but sometimes there are reports running...
Data replication between view and table within same database
- Is it possible to do transaction replication of data from view into table in same database. I have final view...
Insert A List OF Data To sql
- I write bellow query For Insert Data but I want my Store Procedure take A List OF Data and insert...
Upgrade 2008 r2 express w advanced tools to developer
- I would like to upgrade my free 2008 r2 with advanced tools to the 2008 r2 developer edition. I understand...
SQL Server Best Practices
- Hi All,
Let me start by saying that I know that I'm opening up a can of worms here. My company...
SQL DB Administration
- I inherited a small SQL Server DB which then morphed into a larger DB.
I am not a DBA and have...
An Indexing Discussion
- Don't have a problem as such apart from a poorly indexed db. Thought I would open up a discussion and...
How frequently should an update stats job run
- Hi All,
Hope all is well.
Currently I am updating statistics on specific tables (identified them based on modified rows) daily at...
A Cross Tab query, sort of....
- Hi Experts,
It's Friday afternoon here in NZ and I'm looking at some code, that works fine, thinking "there's got to...
Intresting Question need answer ASAP
- Write the shortest code that produces results as 1 without using any numbers in the select statement. using sql
Trace to catch Temdb Blow out
we have something running that is causing tempdb to take all availible space (100 gig)and we can't figure out what...
SSIS V's Jitterbit
- We have a couple of in-house servers running Jitterbit along side SQL Server 2008 R2 and was wondering if anyone...
How to filter condition by column?
- Hi SQL Gurus,
I have a below table with column names ACCOUNT, QTR1, QTR2, QTR3, QTR4
ACCOUNT QTR1 QTR2 QTR3 QTR4
NEED HELP IN PIVOT
- I HAVE below TABLE with colum names proposer,approver,designation
PROPOSER APPROVER DESIGNATION
kiran ARUN CFO
kiran kranthi HOD
kiran PHANI CEO
SQL query eliminating rows problem
- Hi all!
I am trying to solve an issue and wondered if you could help, I'm relatively new to t-SQL and...
OPTIMIZE FOR UNKNOWN (parameter sniffing problem)
I recently read this post [url]http://sqlinthewild.co.za/index.php/2007/11/27/parameter-sniffing/[/url] and not sure I got the "juice"...
If I have a SP with 4 parameters...
MERGE vs IF EXISTS with INSERT UPDATE
SQL Server has the MERGE statement and some people advise to use it instead of IF EXISTS with INSERT / UPDATE...
How Do You Keep The "Pieces" Of A Complex Statement "Organized"
- I just finished a complex SQL statement; and, yes, I know there are even more complex ones.
When I am faced...
Creating Trigger To Update Total On 'Parent' Table
I have two Table, [b]Order[/b] and [b]OrderDetail[/b]
Create Table [Order]
OrderID BigInt Identity(1,1) Primary Key,
OrderTotal Decimal(22,2) Not Null
Create Table [OrderDetail]
Table designer using new DOMAIN\User schema instead of dbo when creating new tables
- I have recently created 2 new SQL 2008 instances. One on a new VM and the other on an existing...
- Hi All
I have a table with just one Index on it (Clustered)
I checked the storage of the table by...
- Today I am trying to trouble shoot a slow query which uses multiple cte in the query.
I spent most of...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Created package on one server, how to use it in another server ?
- Hi all,
Maybe this is a trivial question, but I am relatively new to SSIS.
I created a SSIS package in...