Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQL2005 client components (SSMS, MS Visual Studio 2005,...) not compatible with windows 64bit??!!
- Can anyone please confirm that installation of SQL2005 Client Components is not possible on windows 64bit?
I tried to install SQL2005...
is it required to run reindex on a table soon after a column is dropped or added?if yes then why?
Should reindexind be done on a table after a new column is added to the table..does it depend on if...
Deadlocks on IIS Server
- We have an IIS server and a SQL 2005 server on 2 separate boxes. Sometime we got deadlocks recorded in...
Unable to shrink Datafile
- I had a table which was 100 gb and whole database size was 150 GB.
I have archived that table to...
Looking for good books/resources for SQL 2k8 data warehouse
** I think this is the appropriate forum but please let me know if not and I'll move it **
out of memory
we are on:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Ent Ed 32-bit SP4
mutltiple dbs running used for web applications
i am getting this error:
Error: 0xC02020A1 at Data Flow Task 1, Flat File Source : Data conversion failed. The data...
SSIS error from flat file to table
i am inserting data from flat file to sql table usig SSIS.
my flat file is
my table in sql is
SSIS 2012 package hanging without any message
- I am using SSIS 2012, to import an oracle table to Oracle, i am working with an 8,00,000+ lacs rows...
DELETE statement won't complete
- This is an odd one. A DELETE statement with a single filter, deletes around 1.5 million records from a table...
Implicit Transaction On - Snapshot Isolation - Ever Increasing Version Store
- We have a 3rd party application:
- where the target database has "snapshot isolation on"
- where some connections from the application...
Help me make my mind up- sql or access
- I have a client to whom I am writing a database program for in vb.net 2010 express. They currently have...
I am using SQL 2008 and I need help to write a select query for the following output
I need list...
Log information in to a Table!
I have created a SP which is used for Backup/Restore. Now the problem is I need to create a table...
new to DBA an dtechnology
- Hi all,
I am new to technology world, been in customer support, planing to move to technology, been thinking of doing...
Audit using Profiler ...
I'm a new member and it's my first post
When I use a Profiler to monitor Log in/out (Audit Login + Audit...
NOLOCK/Isoloatin Level for READONLY database
We have a sole readonly database which is updated monthly at night during maintenance window. The db has several stored...
- When I try to run sanpshot job is also failing.
When I replication monitor, I see below error. Help needed.
sqlserver database administration mirroring
- how to change portnumbers in mirroring when business running?
Can we Prioritize which index to be used first in a Select query ?
- Can we Prioritize which index to be used first in a Select query? if so how can this be done.
Query plan - largest cost
- This query takes about 45 seconds to complete (down from 10+ minutes by adding clustered index to table). Looking at...
Insert record in DATABASE SNAPSHOT seems to block server
- In my server I have a few 10's of databases and on some of them I created a snapshot to...
Searching the time data type
- I have two fields of type time. StartTime and EndTime. I want to see if Now is between these two...
Adjust how Data is Returned in Table
Messing around withn SQL queries on a Sunday, so I have another question (posted my fist one this morning). This...
- How do you create a database from a data and log file?
Combining a Query to Include an Additional Column
I am trying to work with data from the ProjectServer_Reporting database, which is a part of the Microsoft Project Server...
how to find duplicate indexes in all the tables in a database
- how to find duplicate indexes in a table ,example a nonclustered index names FX_LOCATION_ID is created on columns a,b and...
UPDATE when the values are the same
- Does an UPDATE query overwrite existing values if the already existing value is the same as the one your updating...
Lastname, Firstname switch
- I dont know if this is any help but this is the code I started with:
SELECT HOST9006.DESCRIPTION, HOST0110.ROOMNAME, HOST0140.NAME, dateadd(mi,...
Multiple values in some columns single value in another
I'm a first time poster long time reader of SSC (so perhaps I should already know this!). But...
I'm having trouble...
Script to check database blocking - send auto email
- Below is my script to check database blocking then will send automated email. I am getting this error: Msg 156,...
Multi database to SQL Server at record level
- Hi All
I have created a touchscreen data collection system that stores its information on local Access 2007 databases. The reason...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
Backups & Restore..
- I know how to take Full backuo & differential backup..
But the problem here is how do i go and automate the...
The argument 1 of XML datatype method nodes must be string literal.plz help
- declare @starttag varchar(100)
declare @root varchar(100)
set @starttag ='XML'
set @root ='XML'
Declare @xml xml
Set @xml =
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Filtrate the different integration issues. My selection is:
Description - Customer Name - IBM
Encoding - Sex - M = Male and F= Female
Units - Cable Length Inches
Get Value of Variable in VB.NET Script Task
- I have a SQL Server Script Task.
This task queries a table and checks for the existence of a record from...