Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Multiple parameters for a query
- I receive a flat file which I am importing with SSIS. The problem is the file does not contain a...
Missed hostnames and logins in SQL Auditing
- We are running SQL Auditing which captures hostname, login ids,applicationname, servername etc. Today we found some activities captured but hostname...
Unable to login users
- It is an 8 years project.I am working on this project since 1 year.ther is a stored procedure to verifiy...
Tricky REPLACE problem
- I've been poring over how to handle this for a few hours without using some kind of horrifying loop, and...
sql server Data Matrix.
- I have Table A , and table B . table A holds the about the class of a product and table B...
send email from sql
how to send email from sql without using mail sql in sql server 2008?
SQL 2008 express DB Mail
- I have SQL 2008 Express installed and running under windows 2008, with smtp service running as well.
The mail could not...
image insert into SQL DB
What I have to do is creating a SQL image DB but instead of inserting the images themselves into it...
The index may be corrupt. Run DBCC CHECKTABLE to verify consistency.
- restored database from SQL2000 to SQL 200R2
After restore I got bunch message in the logs.
Any idea? what is fix? Or...
SSIS runs in debug but not from job
- We have this SSIS where one of its components, reading a flat file and writing to a database table, runs...
Indexing??? Help Needed
- Hey guys, i really need some help here since i am a very new programmer, so i thank you in...
Multiple columns search with some blank/null values
I have a Form of multiple fields and there are some fields that are optional. How I can perform that...
- Hi every body
Updating statistics causes queries to recompile.
first time that i run a query with a parameter,the query optimizer make...
SQL Server 2008 Standard Installation failed
- SQL server 2008....stand alone.
Windows 2008 r2 SP1
I have been trying to install a SQL server default instance basically through out...
SQL Agent job errors: 665 File limitation
- Environment: 64 bit version of SQL Server 2008 R2
Issue: When I tried to run a job which pulls about...
Move extents between files
- Hello, i would like someone to help me in this
I have a filegroup A with file A1 and A2
Passing comma separated values for IN list in DELETE statement from SQLCMD
Following are the contents of script Delete_employees.sql.
DELETE FROM dbo.employee
WHERE empid IN ([b]<Comma separated values passed from SQLCMD>[/b])
Weird Requirement... Multiple Left Joins? Am I missing something?
- Ok, so I think I should know the answer to this but I'm getting nothing but what looks like a...
Insert Into temp table and then copy into 'real' table
- Hi Chaps
I have a stored procedure which is scheduled to run hourly - this stored procedure deletes all rows from an...
Looping through table
I have to write a query and i am not sure how to go about it. I have a table...
Fetching values under condition
- Hi to all I have a Query which is fix like
SELECT StudentId,EnrolmentId,SessionId,SchoolId, Name, ClassGroupId, ClassId, ClassName FROM ViewStudentTable WHERE IsBlock...
Odd SQL conversion error "August 2012"
- This is a really odd issue!!
A parameterised SP runs fine on my test database wth a certain set of input...
we are having one table (AA) with 3 columns
we are having another table(BB) having 2 cloumns
we are inserting...
- I have 2 queries as[code="sql"]select id,sum(a)/count(id) as e from table1 group by id[/code] and another query as [code="sql"]select id,sum(b)/count(id) as...
Finding a table with date appended to it and check for the range of that date
- Hi All,
I need to create a process that looks for a table in database with date(YYYYMM) appeneded to it where...
UPDATE when the values are the same
- Does an UPDATE query overwrite existing values if the already existing value is the same as the one your updating...
Logshipping is not working.
We have a log-shipping set up on the production server for reporting purpose.
Unknowingly, I have set up a backup strategy...
Create objects only in one schema
- Hi All,
The issue is I have to give permisions to a user just to create objects in only one schema...
Not View Any DB Other than The One He Has Access
- Hi All,
My req is that I have to give a user permission to view only the DB he is a...
Would a smaller number of VLFs in the log speed up the redo phase of recovery of a mirror snapshot?
- From time to time, when an intensive log operation takes place on the principal database, we observe very long snapshot...
SQL Server Audit
- I have a requirement
1. when a user logon I would need to log the below information in a table....
Single user mode during upgrade to SQL 2008?
IN place method for the database upgrade SQL 2000 to 2008,
Can I go for below one of the steps?
how to get the node names as well as node values from xml in sqlserver
i have an XML like:-
here i know the node names .So i could get...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...