Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
How to restrict Users from running SQL.
- We use SQL Server 2005. We have created a SQL Server Login called RUNSQLQUERYUSER. We have the following questions:
Temp db log file is growing .
- tempdblog file is growing to 5 gb. I dont have more space on the drive.
want a immediate solution . without restarting...
Career growth - Production Support SQL Server DBA
- I have just started as a Production Support SQL Server DBA . Earlier as I Was working as a development dba.
Could not locate file 'SAML' for database 'SAML' in sys.database_files
- Good Morning -
I know this topic has been beaten to death over the years but I can't shrink a large...
I'm asking directly to people who works in Business Intelligence!
Definition of BI?
Do performancepoint, reporting services, excel services...
Ideas about Error 266 "Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates that a COMMIT or ROLLBACK TRANSACTION statement is missing. Previous count = 1, current count = 0."
- I had to deal with this whilst writing a unit test framework for my TSQL
Create simple procedure that performs rollback:
Automate alerts for database blockings.
- Hi Everyone,
Just want to ask if anyone have "script" or jobs that will automatically check database blocking. I want to...
Get Month Name
- Hi all
Is there any best way to get month name in SQL SERVER 2005.
I know that we can do...
SSRS - Cannot Export to Excel
- Hey everyone, I'm trying to export a report in report manager and I'm getting an error saying "An error occurred...
download sql server management studio and BI
i need to download sql server management studio and Business Intelligence , i am not finding link.
i went to msdn ,but...
Issue shredding Deadlock Graph XML
- I'm working on a script that shreds deadlock graph information. Using the deadlock graph that was posted [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1278601.aspx][u]here[/u][/url], I'm running...
Error converting data type nvarchar to numeric
I have this stored proc that I run nightly. I keep on having issues with it failing because it's...
how to make a search proc for this tables and their conditions ?
- here iam having 5 tables for example i have declare 5 tables
the @adforum table is used for add a bussiness...
Extensible rule-based tool to find problems in stored procedures?
Is there a extensible rule-based tool to find problems in SQL Server stored procedures? What I'm looking for is something...
Question About Transactions
- When working with a stored procedure that executes several INSERT, UPDATE , DELETE queries, do I structure the sp so that...
SqlCodeGuard - free addin for SSMS for static T-Sql analysis
i'd like to introduce SqlCodeGuard - free addin for SSMS and VS2010.
It provides fast and comprehensive static analysis for T-Sql code...
- My company wants to create a Financial Calendar Table which contains only the Fiscal Dates. The requirements is ti populate...
using IN statment & a string variable.
I need some assistance and i've read multiple answers which are very similar but just not sure how to tie...
Unpivot question, struggling with data please help
- Have a table with the following structure ..
recordid (int), column1a (int), column2a (bit), columns3a (bit), column4a (bit), column1b (int), column2b...
ORDER BY PROBLEM
I have column in a table which needs to be ordered in an ascending order.
[code="sql"]DECLARE @NumberTable TABLE( ItemNumber VARCHAR(50))
SELECT 'ABC-1702-XYZ' ItemNumber...
Date Query Format Problem
- Hi all, my database has a column called StartDate_Time and the format in this column is like so
- Hi to all,
I have the follwing piece of TSQL COde
SET @DateTo = '20110330'
----- FileHeader ------------------------------------------------------------------
CONVERT(VARCHAR(16), GETDATE(), 120) AS '@Created'
,'Nephro, Indication' AS...
Help with a query - self join on table
- Im haveing a lot of trouble writing a query. Ive been spinning my wheels for over an hour, and cant...
- There is a table similar to the one below:
[code="sql"]create table #Orders
, Empid int
, Mgrid int
, MgrLevel int
values ('XZ1', 100,...
Using Access to put data into SQL Server
- Hello everyone. So I have a database in SQL Server 2008 that contains 5 tables. I have connected Microsoft Access...
Updating multiple rows for multiple values
I wasn't sure how to phrase my query so wasn't sure what to search for.
I'm attempting the simplest of updates...
Need Help With SQL Query
- Have a table with a SSN column that is a float data type. My objective is to obtain the correct...
SQL server 2008 r2 expired? how reinstall?
I have problem, because I have SQL Server 2008 R2, and we have to install 180 day trial, and now...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Line Chart with Conditional Line
- Hello, I am having trouble with a line chart I am trying to add to a report.
The dataset contains a...
One RDL with multiple data sources
- Is it possible to create a single report that will be ran by multiple clients, each with their own data...
how to send sql data to dynamaic excel sheets in ssis
- hi friend i have small doubt in ssis plz how to solve this.
i have a table that table contains data...
linked server for ssas
any one please tell me about how to create linked server for ssas in
sql server management studio2008
in step by...
Access 2007 front end to SS2K8 problem
- My app includes
1) SS2K8 database on the back end
2) Access 2007 front end NOT LINKED, data flows through ADO...