Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Linked server to Sybase from SQL2008R2
Does anybody know how can I create a linked server to Sybase from SQL008R2?
I don't even see the provider, which...
Database Archival Procedure in SQL 2005
What is the best archiving technics followed in SQL Server 2005. Please let me know any step by step...
secure ftp from sql server 2005
- Hi all,
Is there a way that can do secure ftp using sql server 2005? I need to secure ftp to...
Is using Maintenance plans a good idea for this?
- Good morning,
We have 5 SQL Servers used by operations team.
QBDB01 - 62 Databases
QBDB02 - 41 Databases
QBDB03 - 39 Databases
QBDB04 - 31 Databases
QBDB05 - 28 Databases
Database to Database migration tools?
- I have a user wanting to transfer data from one database to another within MSSQL 2008 R2. They are wanting...
Data archive techniques
- Please share your experiences on archiving older data from tables that have grown very large.
We've looked at several approaches including...
How to stop other application accessing SQL port 1433
- We are planning to do some maintanance on SS 2008 and we DO NOT want any users / application accessing the...
Agent not showing in SSMS
- I have remote server. Checked it this morning and I can't see SQL Agent in SSMS.
I have stopped and restarted...
Killed Process still rolling back
- So the night shift guy was running a process that had a problem, so he killed it through Activity Monitor....
Database Mirroring Transport is disabled when setting up Database Mirroring
I am trying to setup database mirroring on the RTM version of SQL Server 2005 but I hit an error...
Versioning in SSIS
- I know DTS packages do we have versioning, just wondering whether versioning feature is still available in SSIS??
I get the following error when trying to deploy my SSAS cubes-
"Either the user does not have permission to alter...
Insufficient permissions to access Reporting in Management Studio & web reports
- Hi all,
I've just added SQL Reporting Services to our SQL 2005 server, but cannot access the web interface (http://localhost/Reports) or...
Single sql column defined as 2 separate indexes-unique and non unique?
- HI, I have a database that was set up by a vendor application. I have discovered at least 10 occurrences...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
Help! Problems connecting to SQL 2005 from Delphi
- I have a system written in Delphi. We recently ported it from using BDE to ADO. I have an installation...
Object does not exist error is getting if VIEW DEFINITION denied
- I have denied VIEW DEFINITION permission of all the objects of a database for a particular user. But he is...
Monitor Replication Using Scripts
- Does anyone have any scripts that can give the data that replication monitor gives us. You help here would be...
Metrics for stored procedure execution
- Hi All,
We have a SQL server 2005 database with 2000 stored procedure and would to perform the performance tuning for...
high index fragmentation after deleting many rows
- I recently had to delete around 22 million rows out of 30 million rows in a table. How I went...
Dynamic OLE DB Source
- Hello SSIS people... I have an issue I'd like to pose to the group, as I cannot think of a...
"not have right permissions on connection" error when transactionsoption is "required"
- Dear all,
I have a simple SSIS package, which contains only one "Execute SQL Tasks" task. Inside that task,there are...
Number/Letter column issue
- I have a column in a Excel Spreadsheet with a code in it that is either a single digit number...
Want my SSISpackage/ SQL Job should fail if the SSIS Config file path is wrong
- I have one SSIS package. In the package I configured the config file, and it is enabled. I am calling...
error 0x80040E21 "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors...."
- I've used the Import / Export wizard to dump a tables from a SQL 2005 db to a series of Excel...
how to remove zero from my string
- hi ,
I have two strings like ex:1.'000temp1'
how can i remove the zeros from my string..
- What exactly and on what basis does the soundex function returns the integer values.
I read through msdn but it only...
Finding client IP-Address
- Need a query that returns the client ip-address of who is updating/accessing the database. I am using sql server 2005...
update using a wildcard
- is it possible to update values based on a wildcard? For instance, I have many dates in the database that...
Batch file to execute SQL
- I need to run a set of scripts on a database. How do i create a batch file to execute...
How can i make the data transformation in DTS to do an update instead of insert?
- Hi guys,
this is the dilemma im in now. i have to create a DTS package that instead of doing the...
Agent Job failing with FTP task In SSIS package
- Good afternoon everyone
I have a SSIS job that uploads file to FTP that works fine via SSIS.
I have the protection...
SQL Agent Job crashing DB2 Linked Server intermittently
- Hi All
Hoping you can shed some light on this.
I have an agent job which runs every night copying some...
How to check more then one row for null by a value passed in
- Hi all,
I have a stored procedure that returns all records that match a certain criteria, i only want to show...
PATINDEX to split a column into multiple columns
I am trying to split a column into multiple columns in sql 2008. This is what I have:
CREATE TABLE ints
Update Statement Query
- Hi I would like to knw what is the differnce between executing both the update statement.
when i execute the first...
Why there is no SQLServer:BufferManager performance counter in windows performance monitor after installing sqlserver?
- Hi all,
there is one strange problem.
I have installed the sqlserver 2008 R2 on one windows 2008 server system, but I...
Facing problem in SQL Server 2008 installation on Windows 7 Ultimate
I am installing SQL server 2008 on my machine which have 500Gb HDD,4 GB Ram, I5 3rd gen processor and...
When to drop temp table?
- Hi friends,
Some time back we have discussed about dropping temp table, but here I have another question: the scenario is,...
Potential risks in migrating SQL 2005 to 2008
We are in the process to upgrade SQL server from 2005 to 2008. What are the potential risks I can...
How can I pass table row as a in parameter to stored proc
- Hi ,
I have incidents number of 7 character long and which are storing in table as below
Is it possible...
Balancing database loads across multiple servers
- Hi all. I'm wrestling with a planning issue that I'd like some advice about.
We are going to move the contents...
Summing up while creating table?
- Hi all,
When I import data using the import and export wizard, I use a create table SQL Statement. I am...
Avoid characters that viloate UTF-8 Encoding
- I'm storing information in an XML file that is UTF-8.
I have a stored procedure I use to query some tables...
How to catch a query from an another database?
How to catch a query from an another database (example from profiler)?
USE [master] -- or another database
-- How to catch...
Send email with HTML format
- Hi, I've created numerous emails which send the results, tabulated in the body of the email, it looks good. However...
Need Create View Script for all tables
- I manage a SQL 2008 R2 Production environment for an application. We have a new requirement to create views( simple--select...
SSIS create text file and add text
- Hello everyone...
I have an SSIS package that copies a template file before it extracts data from the database. Somehow my...
- i have a proc who on occasion it's execution plan goes to hell and it uses 11 million reads to...
- I have Unicode Data file which is Fixed Length
Following Table Structure with Create Statement.
sample Data file and format file i...
Return datediff as X Years Y Months internationally
What I'm looking to do is have an ininternationalized function that returns datediff between 2 dates formatted as x Years...
Grouping Measures from different measure groups in SSAS
this is my first post here - but you forum has helped my many times regarding various issues with SSAS.
Space used by Temp table
- Hi All,
I know that there are two types of temp table local and Global ( singe and double # ) , and I know...
How to delete data from Product table by ProductID in AdventureWorks
- I want to create a procedure to delete Production.Product table by ProductID in AdvetureWorks Database.
How to do it? Because Table...
need sloution for current date in a job
- My job starts at 8:00pm of currrent day to 3:00am of next day.
This job has serveral steps
for each step i...
coverting lower to upper case program in sql server 2000
type v_arr is varray(10) of varchar empy.ename%type
for i in 1..x_arr loop
if(x_arr<=97 and x_arr>=122) then
can we user order by inside subquery?
bcp with xml insert
- Hi all I am trying to insert a flat text fixed width in to SQL 2008r2. I have tried but...
how to find number of objects your stored procedure depend.
INSERT into Target table from Source table, redirecting duplicate key rows into ERROR table
- 1) Source tables are heaps
2) Target tables are identical except with primary key columns. They often have data in them...
comparison in the merge statement about null values
- I use the merge statement in a sproc to insert, update and delete records from a staging table to a...
calculate trend of a column
- I have a temp table where Iam inserting data from original table
temp_id, temp_test_id, temp_status
1 2 failed
2 2 failed
3 2 passed
Extract string between delimiters
I want to extract string between the delimters where data is as follows:
abc_def_cet_qwe output required in only def , how...
passing more than one value to a SP
- I need to execute this stored procedure. Problem is that I need to pass in more than one value. At...
Will indexed view help this query?
I have a fact table with around 100 million rows. Below is my query to pull top 10 records. ( i...
Cannot get Left JOIN to work correctly
- I have 2 tables in my database and am RIGHT JOINING the tables and it is acting like an inner...
evaluating and combining values from two rows
- I am running into a bit of trouble with the query below, would be great If you could offer some...
Insert data from unnormalized table into 3 new tables
- I apologize in advance if I'm not posting correctly....
I need to migrate 1 unnormalized table (TempLegacy) into 3 tables: TempContacts,...
table size growth report
- Hi all,
I am new to sql server. I need to log table sizes to report on growth. Here is...
Need help with Query performance question.
There are two dataregions in the report body.
one tablix and one chart
Tablix is just a...
SQL Dimensions & Fact Tables
I am in the process of creating a datawarehouse database on our SQL Server, I have used SSIS to dump...
Please give query for below output
- Hi All,
My output looks like this
But I want to convert above output to
For this how to write the query???
- In the advanced editor for the OLE DB Destination I am adding columns to "External Columns". Once they are added...
SQL 2008 'Cannot Add Domain Users'
- I currently am creating an infrastructure with 3 VPC's; DNS, SQL 2008 and an Application server. I am no way...
Preventing SQL server instance scanning osql -L /sqlcmd -L
- Hi ,
I have create a SQL SERVER 2008 R2 - SQL EXPRESS instance. and Disabled the Browser services and Enabled the...
VMware or Microsoft Cluster Solution
- Very simple question.
I used to work for a big, big company. But changed job recently and on my new role,...
We are replicating few databases (which are identical in structures) in SQL Server 2008 R2 with transactional replication. The replication...
How do i connect cluster instance??
- Hi All,
I am configured SQL Cluster 2008 in Win server 2008, below are the details..
NODE1 IP :- 192.168.10.51
NODE2 IP :- 192.168.10.52
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding
We have log shipping configured in SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2.
Log shipping copy job is failing and I'm getting the...
Replication OS error 5
- Dear all,
I am doing some experiments with SQL server replication. Basically I have the following setup with two sql servers
sql server 2008r2 sp2_cu1 upgrade error
when i upgrade our dev sql server to sql server 2008r2 sp2-cu1 i am getting installation failure error but version...
SQL 2008 Database Move To 2008 R2?
- Hello -
I have an application that is currently on a SQL Server 2008 instance I'll call instance A. That department...
Moving tempDB from RAID10 to RAID5 for OLTP?
- My data files and tempDB file (single temp file) share the same RAID10 LUN and our SAN controller is saturated/overloaded....
Unable to enable FILESTREAM feature of SQL Server 2008 R2 on failover cluster
SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x64 (10.50.1600)
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
When attempting to configure the filestream feature through...
Need a "Test" or Dummy XP Dll
- I am working with a customer of mine to implement Audit alerts (from a C2 trace file) when/if someone adds...
Get-WMIObject Win32_Volume fails on proxy account from Agent Job
- It may just be a case of me missing something, but I get unexpected behaviour when running a job as...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
- This is really a DBA admin question or DBA team. We are migrating our reports from SSRS 2005 and SSRS...
Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the SQLPDW extension
- Please can anyone help with this error message: Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the SQLPDW extension
dynamic reports at the time of prview reports in ssrs
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssrs plz tell me answer
i developed one report in ssrs. in that report...
How to Handle a column with Length more than 8000 characters
I have a report which consists of 40+ columns.
one of the column's length is more than 8000 characters.
Report is working...
Word Export Email Subscription
- I have a subscription for a report for email delivery.
The rpeort is calles Master.
The first prob i have is that...
Avoiding the Deep model (Key, value)
- I am currently working with a group of folks to design a data model. Each record the main table in...
Command Prompt Window Continuously Opening with Each Unzip
- Hi all,
I've created a System Task Editor to delete zipped files from a folder once they have been unpacked. Everything...
Where to put a Type 2 SCD?
- This is actually a follow up to an earlier question about a Type 2 SCD.
Anyway, we have decided on the...
Crystal Report run through DTS
I just run crystal report daily without any parameter and after run, save the file in c:\temp directory. I have...
Source / version control
- Can anyone suggest me any (open source also)source/ version control software which can be used for storing all kinds of...