Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Is using Maintenance plans a good idea for this?
- Good morning,
We have 5 SQL Servers used by operations team.
QBDB01 - 62 Databases
QBDB02 - 41 Databases
QBDB03 - 39 Databases
QBDB04 - 31 Databases
QBDB05 - 28 Databases
Database to Database migration tools?
- I have a user wanting to transfer data from one database to another within MSSQL 2008 R2. They are wanting...
Data archive techniques
- Please share your experiences on archiving older data from tables that have grown very large.
We've looked at several approaches including...
How to stop other application accessing SQL port 1433
- We are planning to do some maintanance on SS 2008 and we DO NOT want any users / application accessing the...
Upgrading SQL Cluster from 208 SP2 to SP3 ( ACt/passive )
- Hello ,
Can someody point me to the document for upgrading to SS 2008 SP2 to SP3 on a Active Passive...
Killed Process still rolling back
- So the night shift guy was running a process that had a problem, so he killed it through Activity Monitor....
Insane sized tran log backups are filling up the disk.
- I have a particular DB on a SS2005 Enterprise. It is scheduled to be backed up in FULL every day...
CLR DLL Assembly Registeration problem.
- I have a DLL that uses Microsoft Excel objects and works fine in my local environment. My local desktop has...
Problem migrating CLR Assembly from 32-bit to 64-bit environment SQL 2005/OLEDB/VFP
I am currently in the process of migrating our database server (which is Windows Server 2003 32-Bit, SQL2005) over to...
Regarding database backup corrupted
- Hello Team,
I was facing an issue with database backup which I took from sql server 2005.
Actually in my office I...
Excel Pivot Table Show Zeros For Numeric Oracle Data Via SQL Linked Server
- I have a view in Oracle 11G. I want to show the contents in an Excel 2010 Pivot Table without...
Refresh from Oracle
- Hi friends,
We need to refresh the data from Oracle database to SQL Server 2005 every hour or so.. We...
Insufficient permissions to access Reporting in Management Studio & web reports
- Hi all,
I've just added SQL Reporting Services to our SQL 2005 server, but cannot access the web interface (http://localhost/Reports) or...
Database Archival Procedure in SQL 2005
I there any inbuilt Best Archiving procedure is there in SQL Server 2005 for Data archive?
Any Step by...
Single sql column defined as 2 separate indexes-unique and non unique?
- HI, I have a database that was set up by a vendor application. I have discovered at least 10 occurrences...
query between 2 servers
- Hi everyone!
I'm self-taught in SQL, so my knowledge is fragmented, but I'm not a complete novice.
I'm migrating an Access db...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
How do you use parameters in SSIS lookup functionality
- Hi everybody...I"m new to SSIS, a tool my company is making us use primarily as a DTS tool. What I'm...
The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber.
- Hi All,
I setup a merge replication between SQL2005.
I have two subscribers. First subscriber is working perfectly, but the second is...
Any info on Deadlock detection algorithms?
- Hi Gurus,
I'm trying to find a starting point from which to troubleshoot an issue we are facing where the same...
Number/Letter column issue
- I have a column in a Excel Spreadsheet with a code in it that is either a single digit number...
Delete files from different folders, approach plz
I have a requirement that I need to implement delete logic before loading into it. I have around 10...
- I am trying to insert values from source to destination and i ma getting the following error.What should be the...
Data split while loading into CSV
I am loading data from sql server to a flatfile (.csv format). One of the column will have values like
Want my SSISpackage/ SQL Job should fail if the SSIS Config file path is wrong
- I have one SSIS package. In the package I configured the config file, and it is enabled. I am calling...
How to pass value to Data Flow task's variable
How to pass value to variable Of OLEDB Source of data Flow Task.
I am using SQL Command As Data Access...
I have an Excel that has to be imported to SQL Server using SSIS. The file has merged cells which don't seem to import properly. Instead they show up as NULL. Does anyone know how to import an Excel file with merged cells? Thanks.
- Hi Everyone. I am facing problem while parsing the below XML.
<bankAccount uniqueId="23232323" acctType="checking">
Adding files of a SSIS package to another SSIS package
- As i told in description i have two SSIS packages P1 and P2. P1 has one DTSX and P2 has...
SSIS using SQl cmd????
For creating a SSIS package I am using “SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio” that provides me a facility to...
how to find gap ranges in range based entry.
- Hi !
i have a table "bridgeP"
with cols bridgePid int, fromlen decimal(10,2) , tolen decimal(10,2)
bridgePid is autogenerated, and fromlen and tolen has...
Update table based on column grouping
I have a following table (table1) which needs several updates. All the updates are grouped by the 'phone' column:
GREATEST and LEAST function
I'm looking for a function in T-SQL for getting the biggest or the smallest value between two or more columns...
- MySQL, oracle, and postgres all seem to support a function called GREATEST which is passed several parameters and returns the...
2005 Cluster unable to add new database
- I have a 2 node windows 2003 cluster with SQL Server 2005 running. The first node is the owner of...
Log shipping a distribution server
I'm trying to get log shipping to work with a distribution server used in transactional replication. Shipping the distribution...
How to run.bat file via SSIS package
- I like to run the .bat file every 1/2 hr via SSIS package. Can you please help me how to...
subscriber''s records disappear with merge replication
- Hello everyone,
I am struggling with getting a merge replication working. On the publisher, I have an empty table. The subscriber...
Ideas welcome on SSIS jobs, Agent and kicking off another SSIS job
I'm looking for some ideas. Currently I have 3 SSIS packages which are scheduled in SQL Server Agent. The run...
How to acquire a lock on table for specified time
How to place a lock on database table for specified time and release the lock after specified time is complete?
Need Create View Script for all tables
- I manage a SQL 2008 R2 Production environment for an application. We have a new requirement to create views( simple--select...
Unix Epoch to Sql Datetime Query
- Hi Guys,
I am getting one file where the datetime is in seconds (bigint) , its in Unix Epoch format , how can...
Time clarification while tuning
- Hi All,
I have a small doubt while tracing the the T-SQL DURATION.
In T-SQL DERATION a column name is...
- I don't have a clear picture on how update statistics works internally but let's say i perform an update statistics...
SSIS create text file and add text
- Hello everyone...
I have an SSIS package that copies a template file before it extracts data from the database. Somehow my...
How long did each SSIS task took?
- Can someone help me how to find elapsed time for each task in SSIS package
- i have a proc who on occasion it's execution plan goes to hell and it uses 11 million reads to...
FTP Task fails "unable to connect", FTP Connection Manager tests is SUCCESS
- I have 2005 FTP task converted to 2008. The FTP task fails with
[FTP Task] Error: Unable to connect to FTP...
anyway to avoid precompilation of stored proc
I have noticed that a stored proc takes up to 40 seconds when first run, and then less than 1...
Exception handling when no results are returned
- I have a tentative solution below, it's just really inefficient. So I thought I would check if anyone had suggestions...
- I have Unicode Data file which is Fixed Length
Following Table Structure with Create Statement.
sample Data file and format file i...
Suspect Mode in Sql Server 2008
- What is the cause of database in suspect mode and how to overcome from it?
SQL Procedure Performance in different networks
In my project there are two servers local and central. My central server is in Network1 and local server are...
SSIS loop through file names defined in database table and apply File System task to each
My objective using SSIS is to loop through a SQL Server 2008 database table I created called Files in a...
CONVERT DATA COLUMN TO ROW WTIH COMMA
- HI ALL,
HOW TO COVERT COLUMN DATA IN TO ROW WITH COMMA SEPARATOR
DATA LIKE THAT :-
TABLE NAME : - TEST
COLUMN NAME : - COL1
Strange Management Studio 2008 R2 (10.50.1600 and 10.50.1617) behaviour
Would be nice to know if this was already addressed or if MSFT was planning to address it any time...
use SYSDATETIMEOFFSET in a default value of a stored procedure
- Hi friends,
Is there a good way to use SYSDATETIMEOFFSET in a default value of a stored procedure ?
Here is my...
drop and recreate foreign keys
- I have to truncate some of the tables in a database.
But because these tables have foreign key constraints, I cannot...
MS SQL + MS Visual Studio VS Wherescape RED
- Have you ever heard of or used Wherescape RED to do the data warehouse developing? The fact is it is...
Extract string between delimiters
I want to extract string between the delimters where data is as follows:
abc_def_cet_qwe output required in only def , how...
Optimizing Stored Procedures that utilize only local variables (and lots of them)
- Our proprietary reporting module calls stored procedures that have no parameters but make extensive use of local variables.
Urgent request please
- if i have records as follows:
then I need to find from...
passing more than one value to a SP
- I need to execute this stored procedure. Problem is that I need to pass in more than one value. At...
Will indexed view help this query?
I have a fact table with around 100 million rows. Below is my query to pull top 10 records. ( i...
Improving query performance to detect first duplicate
- I need to query some tables looking for All Sales that are active at the same time and have at...
UPDATE when the values are the same
- Does an UPDATE query overwrite existing values if the already existing value is the same as the one your updating...
Excel Pivot Table shows zeros from a SQL View hitting an Oracle View via a Linked Server
- I have a view in Oracle 11G. I want to show the contents in an Excel 2010 Pivot Table without...
Please give query for below output
- Hi All,
My output looks like this
But I want to convert above output to
For this how to write the query???
Convert column to row
- Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to sql and I am faced with the problem below.
I have 3 tables
Cat_ID | Cat_Name
1 | Cosmetics
The Best SQL Server Tutorials
- I want to curate some of the best SQL Server online tutorials as part of my skill inventory. I'm particularly...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
Login failed when creating a linked server
I'm trying to create a linked server from a remote sql server to another remote sql server on the network....
Giving users the right to execute a query w/o access to table
- our general policy is to not provide direct data access to any user or group in the company for our...
Changing default language
- Hi Friends,
As we know that we can change the default language of any SQL Server Instance if needed. My question...
- Ok so here is the situation. I have a database that has a crappy front end application that connections in...
Capture who created the Database
I have requirement where I need to know who had created a database. I know that I need to use...
Moving tempDB from RAID10 to RAID5 for OLTP?
- My data files and tempDB file (single temp file) share the same RAID10 LUN and our SAN controller is saturated/overloaded....
Error during backup (Operating system error 1003) with Tivoli Data Protection
Our SQL Server instance have 5 databases.
The backup use Tivoli Data Protection to store backup directly to tape.
Db Snapshots question
I have a question on database snapshots.
I have created a table and inserted 2 rows.
create table tab7...
Number of MCSE Data Platform certified people in the world ?
- I am curious to know the number of MCSE Data Platform certified people in the world as of today. There...
Need a "Test" or Dummy XP Dll
- I am working with a customer of mine to implement Audit alerts (from a C2 trace file) when/if someone adds...
Get-WMIObject Win32_Volume fails on proxy account from Agent Job
- It may just be a case of me missing something, but I get unexpected behaviour when running a job as...
SSD storage performance increase
- So, I've updated all my storage for my ESXi server to SSD storage. I fitted it saturday afternoon and moved...
tablet ipad or nexus 7 or kindle fire ?
I think the ipad has that cool fad factor, but still overpriced.
I am interested in buying one but...
Fantasy football 2012
- Only 2.5 short months to football, can you believe it? I'm not ready, hardly feels like it's summer time yet.
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
dynamic reports at the time of prview reports in ssrs
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssrs plz tell me answer
i developed one report in ssrs. in that report...
SSRS to multiple PDF based on input parameters
i need to generate multiple pdf reports based on input parameters using ssrs. suppose there are 1000 branches then it...
database table design
- hi all
i am getting software asset from different client machine nearly 2000 client per day,i am getting data in...
import UNIX to sql
- Hi guys, I am getting pipe delimeted files from SAP and importing them into SQL using SSIS. I have found...
Configuration File ignored in Execute Package Utility
- I do have the following problem.
I created an Upadte-Package in SSIS with 2 configuration files. Works fine on my local...
The column "Column 2" cannot be processed because more than one code page (65001 and 1252) are specified for it.
- I get this error if i try to import a tab delimited flat file to a table in sql server.
Where to put a Type 2 SCD?
- This is actually a follow up to an earlier question about a Type 2 SCD.
Anyway, we have decided on the...
Staging DB -> Star Schema DB -> SSAS Cube?
- I have to modify the design of a data mart I "inherited." Currently the big picture is this:
ETL Staging DB...