Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
How to stop other application accessing SQL port 1433
- We are planning to do some maintanance on SS 2008 and we DO NOT want any users / application accessing the...
Upgrading SQL Cluster from 208 SP2 to SP3 ( ACt/passive )
- Hello ,
Can someody point me to the document for upgrading to SS 2008 SP2 to SP3 on a Active Passive...
Transaction replication with mirroring
- Hello friends
I need some help and I am sure ...i will find some here .
We have got SQL 2K8...
.mdf" failed with the operating system error 2
- Hi, I'm having a problem when creating a new database to a new file system location. The original script that...
SSIS FTP writes big temp files to profile folder on C
- My post below was not getting any bites in the SSIS forum so I'll try it here. Thanks for any...
OS 64 Bit, SQL 32 Bit
- Hi All,
i have a scenario where in the Operating System is Windows 2003 R2 Datacenter X64 bit edition service pack...
Have to enter the port to connect via management studio
- A strange problem has cropped up in our enviornment that I'm kind of scratching my head about. Why all of...
No blocking, queries running slowly, what to check next?
- Background: Database developer trying to fill in for an actual dba on a contract.
Environment: Web app with very poor data...
DTS password problem
- Hi, everyone
We have a problem with one of our DTS package.
It was created some years ago, and it developer had...
Insane sized tran log backups are filling up the disk.
- I have a particular DB on a SS2005 Enterprise. It is scheduled to be backed up in FULL every day...
backup file size
Can anybody help in this matter
Original database size [b]100 MB[/b]
Backup files created, in scheduled time but size was [b]357...
I am new to SSAS.i have 1 lakhs record in cube but next day i am getting another 10k...
Problem migrating CLR Assembly from 32-bit to 64-bit environment SQL 2005/OLEDB/VFP
I am currently in the process of migrating our database server (which is Windows Server 2003 32-Bit, SQL2005) over to...
How to get a row number which is failing during conversion
- I have about 20000 records in the SELECT clause and one of them is failing during conversion spitting out the...
Refresh from Oracle
- Hi friends,
We need to refresh the data from Oracle database to SQL Server 2005 every hour or so.. We...
sql server 2005 setup related error
- i uninstalled sql server 2005 while reinstalling getting this error
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Setup ------------------------------ None of the selected features can...
SQL Server 2005 Agent will not start
- The agent service is configured to use a service account, as is SQL server itself. SQL starts just fine so...
query between 2 servers
- Hi everyone!
I'm self-taught in SQL, so my knowledge is fragmented, but I'm not a complete novice.
I'm migrating an Access db...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
how to change source of an ssis package
- hi der,
i have a ssis package which imports data from a mdb file to SQL Table.
Is der any way to...
Scripting out grants for 'sa', 'securityadmin' type rights
- I am in the process of moving a database from SQL 2005 to 2008 and it has over 1,000 userids....
Best one-way replication option going forward
- I'm looking for some insight into implementing replication with a SQL 2005 Standard database based on our needs as well...
Error trying to alter procedure on replication publisher
- I have two SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition servers in my development environment that are configured for both Merge and...
- This is making me nuts! Here's an error I get when trying to synchronize that I can't seem to get...
SP4 on Express
- Hello Friends,
I want to update sp4 on SQLExpress 2005 edition. Do I need to reinstall the SQL server Express...
- One of my query is using 4-5 tables using Inner or Left Outer joins.
These tables are the main tables of...
Single config file for multiple SSIS packages
is there a way we can use a single configuration file and deploy several SSIS packages. I have a...
SSIS using SQl cmd????
For creating a SSIS package I am using “SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio” that provides me a facility to...
I have the following table
CREATE TABLE #Test
(ID int NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) Primary key,
TranID int NOT NULL,
OriginCode varchar(5) NOT...
Convert DateDiff into Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Milliseconds
- I have the following T-SQL code to change the difference between datetime columns into hours, minutes, and seconds
CONVERT(varchar(6), DATEDIFF(second, b.DateTimeStamp,...
Generate a checkletter (code)
- I'm trying to translate a stored procedure written in SQL to do the same in VBA-Access. Code is attached. Although...
Configure Mail in sql server 2000
We are using Sql server 2000 in our production server,
There so many job are scheduled in that,I want mail of...
Not able to Uninstall
I am trying to uninstall MS SQL SERVER 2000 on windows 2000 machine, but its not allowing to uninstall and...
Find expensive Queries in sql server 2000
I am working as jr dba.
i want to find out the expensive queries with execution time in sql server...
How to find initial size of the database file and log file in sql server?
- For SQL Server 2000, i want to find the initial size of the database file and the transaction log file....
Restore backup to earlier SQL2K build
- Is there any reason I could not take a backup from a SQL2K 8.0.2065 server and restore it to an...
How to run.bat file via SSIS package
- I like to run the .bat file every 1/2 hr via SSIS package. Can you please help me how to...
- I have Unicode Data file which is Fixed Length
Following Table Structure with Create Statement.
sample Data file and format file i...
Suspect Mode in Sql Server 2008
- What is the cause of database in suspect mode and how to overcome from it?
- i need to gather info about the backup schedule timings which are scheduled on sunday from the last 3 month...
Perform a count on a unique ID and sum two columns
Here is some sample Data
CREATE TABLE #TESTING (acc_no varchar(20), number INT, c_name varchar(20), R_Value decimal(10,2), time_spent decimal(10,2) )
INSERT INTO #TESTING...
SQL Procedure Performance in different networks
In my project there are two servers local and central. My central server is in Network1 and local server are...
Connection has been closed by peer.
I used linked server in a procedure which was working fine for two months, Now i am getting the below...
How to Best store this data
- Hello Everyone
I am working on one of my own .NET websites that stores data in SQL 2008 database.
I would like...
- Dear viewers,
As the title suggests, I am a recent graduate with a Masters degree in Business system integrations. I have...
Before I run backup,can I check how big it will be?
SSIS loop through file names defined in database table and apply File System task to each
My objective using SSIS is to loop through a SQL Server 2008 database table I created called Files in a...
CONVERT DATA COLUMN TO ROW WTIH COMMA
- HI ALL,
HOW TO COVERT COLUMN DATA IN TO ROW WITH COMMA SEPARATOR
DATA LIKE THAT :-
TABLE NAME : - TEST
COLUMN NAME : - COL1
Multi Lingual SSRS Reports
- Hi All
Looking for a bit of guidance on a issue with SSRS.
I know SSRS will not natively support translating tablix,...
Determine if a database is read-only when the log is not marked as read-only so DBCC SHRINKFILE may be skipped?
- I know the database in question should not be setup this way - one of the Finance guys copied a DB...
Position count excluding Vacant positions in hierarchical data
I have following table structure,
PositionId ReportToId EmpId IsVacant LevelNo
1 0 123 0 0
2 1 124 0 1
3 1 125 0 1
4 2 126 0 2
5 2 Null 1 2
6 2 128 0 2
7 5 129 0 3
8 5 130 0 3
From this I am able to calculate position count meaning number of positions under one position.
Clustered Key. (Making it unique).
- Dear reader,
I remember (from 2000 version):
If the clustered key is not unique. A artificial field is added to make it...
Strange Management Studio 2008 R2 (10.50.1600 and 10.50.1617) behaviour
Using management studio (10.50.1600 or 10.50.1617.0)
Connecting to named sql server instance (lets call it [DEV-SQL\SqlKing]) version 10.0.4279
--> Cumulative update package...
log for database is not availabe
I am getting the below error error message.
The log for database 'Commun' is not available. Check the event log for...
Trigger to rollback if no PK assigned
- I've been tasked to create a trigger that will deny the creation of a table if no PK (Primary Key)...
Annoying join problem & frozen brain.
- create table A
(a int, b int)
create table D
insert into A values (1,1)
insert into A values (2,1)
insert into A...
Will indexed view help this query?
I have a fact table with around 100 million rows. Below is my query to pull top 10 records. ( i...
Cannot get Left JOIN to work correctly
- I have 2 tables in my database and am RIGHT JOINING the tables and it is acting like an inner...
Improving query performance to detect first duplicate
- I need to query some tables looking for All Sales that are active at the same time and have at...
evaluating and combining values from two rows
- I am running into a bit of trouble with the query below, would be great If you could offer some...
Bulk insert slower after upgrade in SQL2008 R2
- We did an inplace upgradeof Production database from sql server 2005 to SQL 2008 R2 with same configured Windows server....
Convert Text to Date DataType
- Hello Everyone,
I have an sql table which stores dates from some other system as text.
Eg.: DD/MM/YYYY ,31/12/2012.
I have made...
0 is equal to zero length string. Can someone explain how this can be?
- --I know this has to do with an implicit conversion of the varchar to int,
--but why does the zero...
Simple pass thru query
Hello Oracle Forum:
I've got my first linked server established from SQL Server 2008 SSMS to Oracle.
What is the proper syntax...
Script doesn't seem to function
- Hey guys...The script I have...works If I also have to make a login. When my login on the server already...
- Hello Masters,
My daily differential backup job failed for user databases. all the user database are in simple recovery model. Below...
- Hello Masters,
Can I perform Differential backup if my recovery model is Simple ?
The Best SQL Server Tutorials
- I want to curate some of the best SQL Server online tutorials as part of my skill inventory. I'm particularly...
SQL query performance question
- I am working on a small research team that has been given access to a set of SQL Server 2008...
Calling a Procedure from a Trigger
- I have 2 tables (1 parent and a child table) that are updated using one form. The child table is...
SQL Server Training Kits...hardware/software WTF!
- I've been working with SQL Server 2005/2008 at a small software company for about six years now, having trained myself...
Need help with this query
- I got this table
LicenseId ClassificationCode GroupCode HasMultiple
10537 GA02 GA 0
10537 GA03 GA 0
10537 GB98 GB 1
10537 GF08 GF 0
10537 GF09 GF 0
Result set should return me...
Sending remote attachments using sp_send_dbmail
I am using Windows Authentication to send email using sp_send_dbmail.
Sending email works if I do not try to add a...
user mapped as dbo
we are trying to drop a login that happens to be mapped/aliased as 'dbo'.
it is not the owner of the...
choosing HA SQL 2008 R2 64bit?
Last week successfully upgraded to SQL 2008 R2 from large size SQL 2000 database (size 648 GB), application working fine...
How do i connect cluster instance??
- Hi All,
I am configured SQL Cluster 2008 in Win server 2008, below are the details..
NODE1 IP :- 192.168.10.51
NODE2 IP :- 192.168.10.52
object level permissions
- I am new learner of sql server dba
How to give the object level permissions?
Log shipping throw errors
- I have log shipping set up on my database running on SQL Server 2012. It is scheduled to run Monday...
Clustering with Database Mirroring Question...?
- I'm looking to setup high availability with Clustering and Database Mirroring on my SQL 2008 R2 Server with log shipping...
Replication OS error 5
- Dear all,
I am doing some experiments with SQL server replication. Basically I have the following setup with two sql servers
This differential backup cannot be restored because the database has not been restored to the correct earlier state.
- I restore a Database from a Complete Backups:
RESTORE DATABASE BASSISControlCYP
FROM DISK = 'H:\Backups\Complete\BASSISControlCYP_backup_201208170809.bak'
MOVE 'BASSISControl' TO 'F:\MSSQL\Data\BASSISControlCYP.mdf',
MOVE 'BASSISControl_log' TO 'F:\MSSQL\Log\BASSISControlCYP.ldf'
Db Snapshots question
I have a question on database snapshots.
I have created a table and inserted 2 rows.
create table tab7...
Number of MCSE Data Platform certified people in the world ?
- I am curious to know the number of MCSE Data Platform certified people in the world as of today. There...
Dallas, TX - Senior SQL BI Developer/Architect needed
- Full time position with a leading Financial Services firm. Experience in SQL BI tools: SSIS, SSAS and SSRS and some...
Field headers with BCP
- I have been using BCP to get an extract from our data for a vendor. They now would like field...
Get-WMIObject Win32_Volume fails on proxy account from Agent Job
- It may just be a case of me missing something, but I get unexpected behaviour when running a job as...
SSD storage performance increase
- So, I've updated all my storage for my ESXi server to SSD storage. I fitted it saturday afternoon and moved...
tablet ipad or nexus 7 or kindle fire ?
I think the ipad has that cool fad factor, but still overpriced.
I am interested in buying one but...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
dynamic reports at the time of prview reports in ssrs
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssrs plz tell me answer
i developed one report in ssrs. in that report...
How to Handle a column with Length more than 8000 characters
I have a report which consists of 40+ columns.
one of the column's length is more than 8000 characters.
Report is working...
SSRS to multiple PDF based on input parameters
i need to generate multiple pdf reports based on input parameters using ssrs. suppose there are 1000 branches then it...
Execute Process Task Arguments
- Hi all,
I currently am downloading zipped csv files from our source. As part of the process I am to have...
Slow Changing Dimension Question
- I think I already know the answer to this question, but I want to double check.
We have a Suggested Retail...