Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
OS 64 Bit, SQL 32 Bit
- Hi All,
i have a scenario where in the Operating System is Windows 2003 R2 Datacenter X64 bit edition service pack...
Have to enter the port to connect via management studio
- A strange problem has cropped up in our enviornment that I'm kind of scratching my head about. Why all of...
Total backup size of backup of all databases in every month from backupset table in msdb
Can you please provide a quick query to get the below requirement :
Total backup size of backup of all databases...
directory lookup for the file failed with the operating system error 2
- Dear All,
I am getting a problem.I have SQL server 2005 installed on C:\..drive.and I have S:\ drive as a LUN.
I have 2 databases with the following status in sysdatabases (4194320, 4194328). Where I can find the definition of these...
SQL Job failing because of Job owner
- I have several jobs that have my ad account as job owner that fails because Could not obtain information about...
I am new to SSAS.i have 1 lakhs record in cube but next day i am getting another 10k...
ssis how to send table records to each execel sheets share equal in on execel sheet
- hi friends i have small doubt in ssis plz tell me how to solve this task.
suppose i have a table...
Versioning in SSIS
- I know DTS packages do we have versioning, just wondering whether versioning feature is still available in SSIS??
Argument “SMTP” for option “connection” is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed
- My SSIS package is run and sent email successfully if I run it from Stored package from Integration Service. So,...
Simple pass thru query to Oracle
- Hello Oracle Forum:
I've got my first linked server established from SQL Server 2008 SSMS to Oracle.
What is the proper syntax...
Error 2 querying Full Text Search Fields
- Hello everyone,
I'm having an issue querying some fields under Full Text Search. I have a stored procedure that receives 4...
Uninstall Clustered instance after the disks have been removed
First time posting on this forum so any help would be great :-)
As the title suggests I need to uninstall...
High Space Used in Database
- I am getting alerts for [b]high space used in database 90%[/b] in my one of the production server. Can any...
SQL Server 2005 Agent will not start
- The agent service is configured to use a service account, as is SQL server itself. SQL starts just fine so...
XML File Load via OpenRowSet
- I am using the following code to import an XML file via Sql Server. The XML file is verified to...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
Best one-way replication option going forward
- I'm looking for some insight into implementing replication with a SQL 2005 Standard database based on our needs as well...
Is UPDATE STATISTICS operation on columns of NTEXT Data Type Dead Slow.
Is UPDATE STATISTICS operation on columns of NTEXT Data Type Dead Slow. I have few statistics in the database which...
Execution context and Procedure Cache
- Not sure whether i m thinking the right way...I know Sql server stores execution context information in Execution plan but...
How to execute jobs in parallel from while loop of sql server
How to execute a job and loop through it until you have 5 jobs running in parallel(same job name)
Looking for info on handling error with script.
- I have a package that uses a for-each loop to connect to a list of servers to transfer various pieces...
Recordset Destination to SQL table?
- Hello -
I currently have an SSIS package being built where I want to upload rows from an excel document into...
Argument "Server1" for option "connection" is not valid. The command line parameters are invalid. The step failed.
- I have a SSIS package run fine in BID, but when run as a sql agent job, it failed at...
Processing was cancelled due to an interrupt. SQLSTATE=57014
- My SSIS package throws below error while fetching data from DB2 to SQL Server. SSIS package fetch 50 tables from...
"Could not bulk load because SSIS file mapping object 'Global\DTSQLIMPORT' could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).
- I've created a set of SSIS packages which run fine in our test environment. The packages access a SQL server...
Function to split name field
- Good afternoon,
With a bit of effort this morning, I've managed to get my function to split my name field. There...
I have the following table
CREATE TABLE #Test
(ID int NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) Primary key,
TranID int NOT NULL,
OriginCode varchar(5) NOT...
Tlog space getting full whcle executing the Update statement
- Hi All,
Could you please assist on tlog space issues. I am trying to execute the query have update statement like...
need to fetch the value between two delimiter
@text varchar(max) = 'MSH|^~\&|||||21110428134755-0500||ADT^A04^ADT_A01|21110428134755|P|2.5.1|||AL|NE
PID|zdly100001|zdly111000^556|PATID1234^5^M11|6g7g7|JONES^WILLIAM^Aryan^III^Dr.^MBA|Singh|19621225000000|M||2106-3|1200 N ELM STREET^^GREENSBORO^NC^27401-1020^TX|GL|(919)email@example.com^TX^324^5656568^121|(919)271-3434~(
SQL server table on a PC
can we create a SQL server table on a PC based on a query on the sql server ?
2005 Cluster unable to add new database
- I have a 2 node windows 2003 cluster with SQL Server 2005 running. The first node is the owner of...
Help on splitting the name field in a query
- I am trying to extract first name, last name and middle initial from the custname field, any help is greatly...
CONVERT DATA COLUMN TO ROW WTIH COMMA
- HI ALL,
HOW TO COVERT COLUMN DATA IN TO ROW WITH COMMA SEPARATOR
DATA LIKE THAT :-
TABLE NAME : - TEST
COLUMN NAME : - COL1
Multi Lingual SSRS Reports
- Hi All
Looking for a bit of guidance on a issue with SSRS.
I know SSRS will not natively support translating tablix,...
CREATE VIEW permissions
- I've got a schema (Reporting) that I want to grant CREATE, ALTER & DELETE permissions to a group; the T-SQL statements...
SQL SERVER 2008 R2 SP2 Upgrade
- We are on SQL SERVER 2008 R2 CU5 and we are planning to upgrade it to SQL SERVER 2008 R2...
Consolidate rows based on criteria
here is some sample data
CREATE TABLE #TESTING (acc_no varchar(20), number INT, c_name varchar(20), R_Value decimal(10,2), time_spent decimal(10,2) )
INSERT INTO #TESTING...
OPEN query problem
I have a fresh install of SS 2008R2 on Windows Server 2008 and have been walking through a DMX query...
Determine if a database is read-only when the log is not marked as read-only so DBCC SHRINKFILE may be skipped?
- I know the database in question should not be setup this way - one of the Finance guys copied a DB...
Position count excluding Vacant positions in hierarchical data
I have following table structure,
PositionId ReportToId EmpId IsVacant LevelNo
1 0 123 0 0
2 1 124 0 1
3 1 125 0 1
4 2 126 0 2
5 2 Null 1 2
6 2 128 0 2
7 5 129 0 3
8 5 130 0 3
From this I am able to calculate position count meaning number of positions under one position.
Clustered Key. (Making it unique).
- Dear reader,
I remember (from 2000 version):
If the clustered key is not unique. A artificial field is added to make it...
Return datediff as X Years Y Months internationally
What I'm looking to do is have an ininternationalized function that returns datediff between 2 dates formatted as x Years...
compare case sensitive and case in-sensitive values in Lookup transformation
- I have Source and Dest tables
table :source Table : Dest
by default SSIS is Case Sensitive and my...
Query timeout expired - State:S1T00,Native:0,Origin:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0] on production server
I am getting the below error on customer production error,
Query timeout expired - State:S1T00,Native:0,Origin:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]
the queries are...
Strange Management Studio 2008 R2 (10.50.1600 and 10.50.1617) behaviour
Using management studio (10.50.1600 or 10.50.1617.0)
Connecting to named sql server instance (lets call it [DEV-SQL\SqlKing]) version 10.0.4279
--> Cumulative update package...
How to mask a field?
I have a table with 10 columns
Out of 10, i need to mask 5 columns because i don't want to...
log for database is not availabe
I am getting the below error error message.
The log for database 'Commun' is not available. Check the event log for...
Middle Number Needs GROUP BY
- I can't figure out the GROUP BY.
This result should be:
IF OBJECT_ID('tempdb..#TempMid') > 0 DROP TABLE #TempMid
One skinny table or many wide tables?
- This is driving me nuts, and we can't generate enough data to really test for sure - we need about 30...
How do I remove an MSDTC Instance from a clustered application that has already been deleted?
- I had an old clustered instance on my server that I needed to get rid of. I went through each...
group data by week
- trying to group this data by week instead of day.....SQL and I don't really communicate well, so any help would...
shrinking the log file
we have a problem at work and the DBA has just gone on holiday (on an airplan right now!)
.csv format from ssms
I want to take data extract into .csv format. I already try from select my result set and save as...
- hi firend i have small doubt in sql plz tell me answer
Auto commit has been turned off.
1- William logs into...
Go from SQL 2008 R2 standard edition to Developer?
- Is it possible to 'downgrade' SQL 2008 R2 from standard edition to Developer edition?
I'm working on developing a long-term...
Installing SP1 on Cluster
- Can anyone provide a link or instructions on how to install SQL 2008 SP1 on a 2node active/passive cluster.
need help replacing cursor logic in stored procedure w/faster sql statement
I've inherited some very slow code in a stored procedure that uses cursor logic to read a table of purchase...
Convert UTC string to DateTime
- Hi folks,
I have one table and one of its column contains the data in this format.
[b]Thu Jun 14 15:07:06 UTC+0530...
How to combine tables in one straight row?
- Hello friends,
I hope every one is in good condition upon reading this forum. I am finding a hard time combining...
Improving query performance to detect first duplicate
- I need to query some tables looking for All Sales that are active at the same time and have at...
evaluating and combining values from two rows
- I am running into a bit of trouble with the query below, would be great If you could offer some...
comma separate value show as table
- I have One table tbaleOne
I need out put
col1 col2 col2
AA BB CC
DD EE FF
GG HH II
Convert Text to Date DataType
- Hello Everyone,
I have an sql table which stores dates from some other system as text.
Eg.: DD/MM/YYYY ,31/12/2012.
I have made...
Varchar Exceeding 8000 characters
- I had a dynamic query in which exceeds 8000 charactes adn will have approraxmately 15000 characters how can the same...
FOR XML EXPLICIT add attribute to element
- I am coding procedures which extract XML that is returned to a client application.
The following code is a quick example...
- In the advanced editor for the OLE DB Destination I am adding columns to "External Columns". Once they are added...
Insert into one table from multiple tables
- Hi All,
Just needed a bit of help with an insert query.
I have 3 tables that I need data from each...
Index Reorg and Rebuild
- My understanding with these tasks, if the fragmentation is greater than 10% and less than 40%, reorg. If it is...
Down grade from sql 2008r2 Enterprise to Standard
- Since the only way to go from Enterprise to Standard edition is to uninstall enterprise and then install standard. I...
Error Handling: TRY...CATCH
- I'm trying to write an error handling query using the TRY...CATCH construct as a homework problem. I want to compare...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
- Is there a way to create a role having insert/update/delete permissions on each table in a database in such a...
Login failed when creating a linked server
I'm trying to create a linked server from a remote sql server to another remote sql server on the network....
Database connection encryption
- Hi all,
I'm planning to migrate some applications to connect to our SQL 2008 R2 instances using encrypted connections. However, one...
Giving users the right to execute a query w/o access to table
- our general policy is to not provide direct data access to any user or group in the company for our...
user mapped as dbo
we are trying to drop a login that happens to be mapped/aliased as 'dbo'.
it is not the owner of the...
Netapp snap for files, log shipping for database?
- One of our top challenges is to create a disaster recovery site so we can recover from an outage in...
Log shipping throw errors
- I have log shipping set up on my database running on SQL Server 2012. It is scheduled to run Monday...
This differential backup cannot be restored because the database has not been restored to the correct earlier state.
- I restore a Database from a Complete Backups:
RESTORE DATABASE BASSISControlCYP
FROM DISK = 'H:\Backups\Complete\BASSISControlCYP_backup_201208170809.bak'
MOVE 'BASSISControl' TO 'F:\MSSQL\Data\BASSISControlCYP.mdf',
MOVE 'BASSISControl_log' TO 'F:\MSSQL\Log\BASSISControlCYP.ldf'
How to mask a field?
I have a table with 10 columns
Out of 10, i need to mask 5 columns because i don't want to...
Synchronization of 2 different DB's
there are two similiar databases given. They are widely even identical though have some different columns and tables.
I am looking...
Splitting a huge, a huge table in two or three
I've seen big tables and databases before, but this one is really big. I just recently discovered that the reason...
- Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding rights.
Go to database -> Views -> Design View.
I have some application administrators that ar...
Create index with DROP_Existing
- Some Questions about Create index ... with Drop_Existing
1) in case of Create Clustered index ... with Drop_existing=on non-clustered indexes are rebuilt only...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
I have a problem in SQL2005 so after several days of work without problems, suddenly takes a very slow (sqlserv.exe...
Powershell for network path
- I am totally new to powershell(just 2 days) so please bear my ignorance.Here is the code I am trying to...
- Reading the topic 'Stupid Interviewer Tricks' reminded me of an interview where I couldn't tell if I was crazy or...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
How to Handle a column with Length more than 8000 characters
I have a report which consists of 40+ columns.
one of the column's length is more than 8000 characters.
Report is working...
financial report ( P&L, Balance Sheets)
- I am writing some financial report (e.g. P&L, Balance sheets etc).
Can any body please advise me on how I can...
Indexes with datatype char
- Hi guys!
I have an question, in my environment I have one table that the most of columns is char datatype.
Execute Process Task Arguments
- Hi all,
I currently am downloading zipped csv files from our source. As part of the process I am to have...
Dimension processing error
I'm trying to change the source of one of the dimensions in a small cube.
This particular dimension will henceforth be...
Cannot view/Edit DTS, BLANK DTS appear
When I try to open DTS packages I received this error:'MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is...
Multiple sqlservr.exe on Task Manager
- I have only one instance of sql, MSSQLSERVER but on Task Manager, there are 2 sqlservr.exe running. Anyone have any...