Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
disk space Report by email
- Hi All,
Can any one post a script that will send disk space details in a HTML format by a email...
Total backup size of backup of all databases in every month from backupset table in msdb
Can you please provide a quick query to get the below requirement :
Total backup size of backup of all databases...
msdb..backupset : Query Error.
- While executing the below query to find the results getting the below error:
Do I need to use cast/convert statement?
Sql Server Configuration Manager
- Hi Experts,
In one of my Stage server I am not able to open up the SQL Server Configuration Manager I...
SQL Agent Job History Retention Issue
- I have seen strange issue pertaining to Retention of Job history on one of the production server.
1. Job is SQL...
good way to identify when was sql server installed?
I am using below query to identify when was sql server installed.
[b]SELECT create_date as 'SQL Server Install Date'
FROM sys.server_principals WHERE...
domain conversion and logins and users
- I have a sql 2005 server that supports a 3rd party app. Users connect with win/sql authentication, the 3rd party...
whai is the need of adding T845 oarameter in startup in sql server
Please give me the explanation about when to add T845 parameter in start up
for LPM(Lock pages in memory) for...
SQL Agent Error Flood
- LOG] Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The parameter is incorrect)
I just had two seperate SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition...
create procedure with execute as
- I have stored procedure which includes bulk insert, activating and deactivating the access to xp_cmdshell and executing xp_cmdshell. I am...
XML File Load via OpenRowSet
- I am using the following code to import an XML file via Sql Server. The XML file is verified to...
SQL Server Tools - Recomendations On Stress Testing and I/O Testing On New SQL Server
- Need to test/stress a new SQL Server box to see what she can do. I went to get a copy...
Minmize Down Time During Data Type Conversion
- Hi Folks,
We need to update a data type in an existing database from Int-->BigInt. Overall there are about 10 billion...
Best one-way replication option going forward
- I'm looking for some insight into implementing replication with a SQL 2005 Standard database based on our needs as well...
Is UPDATE STATISTICS operation on columns of NTEXT Data Type Dead Slow.
Is UPDATE STATISTICS operation on columns of NTEXT Data Type Dead Slow. I have few statistics in the database which...
Any info on Deadlock detection algorithms?
- Hi Gurus,
I'm trying to find a starting point from which to troubleshoot an issue we are facing where the same...
Looking for info on handling error with script.
- I have a package that uses a for-each loop to connect to a list of servers to transfer various pieces...
Why not processing any records further?
- Hi Friends,
I have come up with a weird problem....what i do is very straight forward process...
i have a table...
Recordset Destination to SQL table?
- Hello -
I currently have an SSIS package being built where I want to upload rows from an excel document into...
Row_Number() in SSIS?
- Hi Friends,
I have a select statement having Row_number() over(partition by coulmn order by column) ....
i see no option in any...
What should be sql server integration package contents?
For instance Query is ------------------
[code="sql"] select * from orders [/code]
when connected to server...
"Could not bulk load because SSIS file mapping object 'Global\DTSQLIMPORT' could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).
- I've created a set of SSIS packages which run fine in our test environment. The packages access a SQL server...
How to list the source table name of columns in a VIEW (SQL Server 2005)
- Just wondering how to list column name and table name in one query for a view
a view named as...
Does/can OUTPUT clause turn identity_insert on & off
- Does/can the OUTPUT clause turn identity_insert on & off ‘behind the scenes’? I think it does, but I can't find that...
adding specific column data w.rto date, where TOTAL_ELECTRONIC_VALUE which s already added
- Pls help me with this issue..
this is my query
WHERE PROCESSING_DATE between '16-May-2012'...
How do you use a sub query in a join?
- Looking to take the following query:
, count(sales_order_number) as Notification_cnt
group by sales_order_number
and use it to feed the ztb_IMP_Notifications section...
SQL server table on a PC
can we create a SQL server table on a PC based on a query on the sql server ?
Perfmon output: Converting from binary to CSV file
- Hi All,
While collecting perfmon statistics, I saved the file as a binary file my mistake. How do I read the...
sysindexes consistancy error
- Help needed to rectify the error below on SQL 2K SP4, any suggestion is welcome (DBCC REPAIR ALLOW DATA LOSS...
Service Key clarification
- Hi, I am just after some clarification regarding keys. I understand that the Service Master Key is created on installation...
Job step indicates success when if fact failed, why?
I have a job with 4 steps in that didn't produce the results I'd expected. I checked the job history...
INeed to prepare a action plan by this requirement can any one send the information in a document fromat step by step IN very urgent basis.
- INeed to prepare a action plan by this requirement can any one send the information in a document fromat step...
Can any one tell me
is it possible to enable UTF-8 for the SQL databases .If yes ,where can i...
shrinking the log file
we have a problem at work and the DBA has just gone on holiday (on an airplan right now!)
Linked Server - insert data using Stored procedure
- I have an stored proc which i have to run in multiple servers. my query
insert into table
New to SQL Server 2008
- Hi All,
I have worked in SQL 2000 and 2005 environment till now.
However my manager told me to take a new...
Unable to generate script
- Hi ,
Im tryinig to Generate Script for all tables, StoredProcedures ,Functions in a database using Tasks->Generate Scripts->Select Specific Objects->Advance->Drop And...
SEPARATE WTH HYPHEN TO STRING again
- HI ALL
I HAVE STRING SUPPOSE
I WANT TO SEPARATE WITH HYPHEN (-)
BUT EVERY TIME POSITION IS NOT FIX.
ASSUME FIRST TIME...
Bulk insert taking longer in 2008 R2 after upgrade form 2005
- I have upgraded my Production database from sql server 2005 to SQL 2008 with same configured Windows server. After upgraded...
- I need to write a script that creates will create login ID's based on the contents of a table. For...
Error while running sp_addsubscription on publisher - "This database is not enabled for replication."
- Publisher (SQLCluster3\Inst1) - SQL Server Enterprise (10.0.2531)
Distributor (SQL23) - SQL Server Enterprise (10.0.2531)
Subscriber (Reporting) - SQL Server Enterprise (10.0.1600)
I've added the publication, set...
Junior SQL Dba - training path
- I am a junior dba with 1 years experience, including an mcts in SQL admin. I was wondering could an...
Do row constructors work in SSMS 2005 when connected to 2008?
- I don't have access to this setup right now, otherwise I'd just try it, but I need to know if...
.csv format from ssms
I want to take data extract into .csv format. I already try from select my result set and save as...
create new database
- TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Create failed for Database 'mydb'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=10.50.1600.1+((KJ_RTM).100402-1540+)&EvtSrc=Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExceptionTemplates.FailedOperationExceptionText&EvtID=Create+Database&LinkId=20476
Catching the output of RAISERROR()
Is there anyway to capture the output of raiserror() ?
Error Message is having placeholders %s %s .. so i need to...
- hi firend i have small doubt in sql plz tell me answer
Auto commit has been turned off.
1- William logs into...
i have question about SQL Server Jobs
I check the job properties and see the username is 'SA'. and i check...
SSRS 2008 - show all columns in matrix?
- Hey everyone, I'm building a matrix report and I'm having an issue with all the columns not showing. Only columns...
Bulk insert slower after upgrade in SQL2008 R2
- We did an inplace upgradeof Production database from sql server 2005 to SQL 2008 R2 with same configured Windows server....
running dos copy command from select statement
- Here is my Query :
--select item_number from item where item_number like '%Test%'
For each item_number i would like to copy a...
Convert comma to single quotes
- Hi Experts:
This is my table [code="sql"]
Atlanta,Austin-San Marcos MAC
Alexandria, VA,Arlington, TX Market
how to change the date value to null??
- hi ,
I have a column with date datatype. i updated the column with some date like 02-02-2012 00.00.000 ,for 100...
- hi friends,
create table emp(ename varchar(34),job char(33),sal varchar(22))
insert into emp values('sa','sales','400')
insert into emp values('ka','manager','4000')
insert into emp values('sam','Markting','2500')
insert into emp values('sabu','system','3900')
script to create login ID's From the contents of a table
- I need to write a script that creates will create login ID's based on the contents of a table. For...
Why doesn’t the last record win?
create table #tmpTest
create table #tmpGuarantor
select 10,1 union
select 10,2 union
update t1 set t1.GuarantorKey...
sqlquery to genrate xml
[code="<colname Code="xml"> </colname>"][/code]
here is the sample of xml code i need to generate .i am new to xml.please help me...
Converting Dynamic Pivot to Parameterized Query
I have the following sample script which does a Dynamic Pivot on a table as follows:
Create Table Ex
How to get last 5weeks of data from currentdate
I am not able to get count in weekwise i.e 7 days shipped orders to be one week, please check...
comma separate value show as table
- I have One table tbaleOne
I need out put
col1 col2 col2
AA BB CC
DD EE FF
GG HH II
How to grab characters before and after a string
I need to take the characters from the left before the '/' string and insert into a column and the...
Convert Text to Date DataType
- Hello Everyone,
I have an sql table which stores dates from some other system as text.
Eg.: DD/MM/YYYY ,31/12/2012.
I have made...
Varchar Exceeding 8000 characters
- I had a dynamic query in which exceeds 8000 charactes adn will have approraxmately 15000 characters how can the same...
Need help with this query
- I got this table
LicenseId ClassificationCode GroupCode HasMultiple
10537 GA02 GA 0
10537 GA03 GA 0
10537 GB98 GB 1
10537 GF08 GF 0
10537 GF09 GF 0
Result set should return me...
Down grade from sql 2008r2 Enterprise to Standard
- Since the only way to go from Enterprise to Standard edition is to uninstall enterprise and then install standard. I...
Format number thousands separator with point
- Format number thousands separator with point
Hi there, I need your help.
I have this number in my database output result of...
Error Handling: TRY...CATCH
- I'm trying to write an error handling query using the TRY...CATCH construct as a homework problem. I want to compare...
Just starting first job - SSIS & SSAS
- I graduated recently from college and will by starting my first job in Business Intelligence in October.
I'm currently going through...
Can't connect to sql server from an XP machine, but I can from win7
- Hi there,
I've been given access to a SQL Server and I wrote a VBA script (in excel) to query the...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
user mapped as dbo
we are trying to drop a login that happens to be mapped/aliased as 'dbo'.
it is not the owner of the...
SQL New Login can't see domain users
I'm trying to set up Windows-based SQL logins on an existing SQL 2008 installation. The installation was created by cloning...
Netapp snap for files, log shipping for database?
- One of our top challenges is to create a disaster recovery site so we can recover from an outage in...
unable to reconfigure mirroring
- We are seeing the following error message when we are trying to reconfigure mirroring. We backed up the principal database,...
Database removed from instance by automatically
I have recevied call from user side, they want change server side collation name in development server. I had done,...
Backing up to Mapped Drive
- If I back up to a network mapped drive don't I have to use xp_commandshell?
I asked that the drive be...
get a SQL alert
- I just got a SQL alert:
What does it mean, I see it generates some errors in sql log, see attachment.
Create index with DROP_Existing
- Some Questions about Create index ... with Drop_Existing
1) in case of Create Clustered index ... with Drop_existing=on non-clustered indexes are rebuilt only...
Linked server to AD
I am trying to query our AD with LDAP through a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2. This is...
SQL Plan Cache
- Hi All
I've been using the below script to check my Plan Cache for Ad-hoc plans
, COUNT(*) AS [no_of_plans]
Oracle Linked Server
- can anyone tell me how to set up a linked server to Oracle?
i have tried but keep getting Error 7399:...
Powershell for network path
- I am totally new to powershell(just 2 days) so please bear my ignorance.Here is the code I am trying to...
- Reading the topic 'Stupid Interviewer Tricks' reminded me of an interview where I couldn't tell if I was crazy or...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Using the Cloud this year?
- Not this year, no, maybe not even next year, until they address all the security concerns. i don't see my...
How to Handle a column with Length more than 8000 characters
I have a report which consists of 40+ columns.
one of the column's length is more than 8000 characters.
Report is working...
Hyperlinks in IE - new tab rather than window?
I've added some hyperlinks to a test report, using the following code in the 'action' section of the text box...
SSIS: XML not being inserted into table
- In SSIS I have a generated XML file based on a webservice. I need to read the file to generate...
Data type conversion error Money-> text in excel destination
- Hello All,
My SQL data type is money, when I load the data into excel it takes the value as text...
Object Oriented Source
- Hi All,
I've suddenly got a requirement (in truth it's a colleague's problem but I'm trying to help out) to get...
Report Builder 3.0 - report displaying differently in a browser
- Hi all,
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had my problems with reports in a browser. I am creating...
How to setup Roles Dimension Data
- Hi, I'm looking at a SSAS Cube (version 2008) where I have made a role that has limited access to...
Multiple sqlservr.exe on Task Manager
- I have only one instance of sql, MSSQLSERVER but on Task Manager, there are 2 sqlservr.exe running. Anyone have any...