Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Agent not showing in SSMS
- I have remote server. Checked it this morning and I can't see SQL Agent in SSMS.
I have stopped and restarted...
How should i free up the space from the BACKUP Drive whcih is increasing Rapidly
- How should i free up the space from the BACKUP Drive whcih is increasing Rapidly
Filegroup vs performance
I currently have a +50GB database with only 1 filegroup (Primary). I am planing to archive some tables base on...
Master Backup Report?
- My problem is that I have many different SQL servers and would like to have report emailed to me every...
what is Copy-Only Backup?
What is Copy-Only backup and how does it works?
kpi formula in dashboad designer (pps)
I want to calculate a rate of evolution of a number over the years, which exists in a SharePoint list...
How to check Edition of Analysis Services, version and edition of Reporting Services
- Hello all,
How can I determine the Edition of SQL Server Analysis Services installed?
Say for a SQL Server Database Engine, I...
Regarding database backup corrupted
- Hello Team,
I was facing an issue with database backup which I took from sql server 2005.
Actually in my office I...
create procedure with execute as
- I have stored procedure which includes bulk insert, activating and deactivating the access to xp_cmdshell and executing xp_cmdshell. I am...
Select Statements in Stored Procedure gets Error converting data type DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP to datetime.
- I have a select statement that executes successfully by itself, so I used it in an stored procedure that our...
check the physical memory in use
532 event from something trying to use the SQL service account
- Hi All -
Just taking a shot in the dark here...
Here is my situation. It seems rather arbitrarily a 532 even...
Mirroring 4 Migration: Will this work?
- Hello -
I have a situation where I am being asked to implement mirroring for a SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition...
Any info on Deadlock detection algorithms?
- Hi Gurus,
I'm trying to find a starting point from which to troubleshoot an issue we are facing where the same...
i need example of taking data from file and putting into table and doing some modification of data ,
What should be sql server integration package contents?
For instance Query is ------------------
[code="sql"] select * from orders [/code]
when connected to server...
Processing was cancelled due to an interrupt. SQLSTATE=57014
- My SSIS package throws below error while fetching data from DB2 to SQL Server. SSIS package fetch 50 tables from...
Assign a single column query value to SSIS variable
I have created the following
OLEDB Connection to the database
variable --> user::GetName
Exec SQL Task --> Select Top 1 contactname from contacts...
How to escape the ^ symbol in the following function
- Good afternoon.
I have the following function:
IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects
WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'[dbo].[fn_QBRemoveNonAlphaChars]')
AND type in (N'FN', N'IF', N'TF',...
How do I determine what process causes a lock with request_session_id = 0?
- My Service Broker is blocked by a lock that I can see in sys.dm_tran_locks. But how do I determine what...
save varible in procedure
i have problem with my storeprocedure :
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_createdate2]
@username AS VARCHAR(20)
DECLARE @FirstTable TABLE (id INT IDENTITY NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,userid...
How to update/roll back two tables in separate Dbs from Stored Procedure - Take 2
- I posted this question [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/Topic1316040-338-1.aspx][/url] awhile back and received some great responses. I have encountered an issue with the proposed...
Logic for comparing and deleting...
- I know this probably is a lot more easy to construct than I can construct (in my non-developer mind), but...
How do you use a sub query in a join?
- Looking to take the following query:
, count(sales_order_number) as Notification_cnt
group by sales_order_number
and use it to feed the ztb_IMP_Notifications section...
Inserting data in one table as selecting from other tables
- Hi all!
I have a simple question. I've made a simple database in Access and upsized it in my SQL Server...
hierachy with miltiple parent
- Childid Childname Parentid pid
100 Bingo 200 1
101 Pingo 201 1
102 Zingo 201 1
100 Bingo 201 2
101 Pingo 200 2
102 Zingo 201 2
100 Bingo 201 3
101 Pingo 201 3
102 Zingo 200 3
Installing SQL2000: Unable to update path variable - RegDBGetKeyValueEx
- Hi I'm trying to install SQL 2000 Developer edition on my Laptop. Win 7.
I do clean uninstalls after each failure....
- Good morning,
It is a bit of a long story but i'm recently hired and have had a sql server that...
Can't KILL a process
- I have a process that is blocking a lot of stuff on the server. The session id is "-2", which...
check the physical memory in use by sql
I use sys.dm_os_process_memory in sql server 2008 for checking the physical memory in use
Is there any way I could...
While Loop into a Set Based Insert
- I was wondering if anyone is able to provide me with any help turning this while loop inside a stored...
SQL Server replication and tablediff
- Hi All,
So my subscriber server had a crash the other day...
The result of which meant that some row inserts...
Are there limits on the number of SQL Agent jobs?
- Hi all -
We have a real-time system for checking the status of lone workers, and I currently create a SQL...
Parallel database backup restore script
- Please provide the parallel database backup restore script...
Transform XML record to master and detail table
- Hi everyone,
I have xml record as below
<row id="VFAL.2312" xml:space="preserve">
<c2 m="3">AIR DLG-DOUBTFUL LOAN VB>1Y</c2>
Converting DTS to Stored Procedures
I have DTS packages and i need to convert those DTS packages to Stored Procedures in SQL Server 2008 R2.
I have to tables and I have to create a store procedure which gives a problem here can anyone help.....
How was the record deleted!!
- Hi All
I am having a strange issue.
From .NET application 5 records are inserted in a Table A.
These records are...
error using linked server and EXECUTE AT
- I am using sql 2008 R2
I ran the following on server A
select name from sys.servers
The "linkserverB" exists ( linking server B...
Insert Into Using OpenQuery Causes Massive Fragmentation
- I use the following code to import a table from an Oracle DB to SQL Server every day:
[code="sql"]TRUNCATE TABLE mytable...
- I need help to code days. As the sample data below, days between [ADMDATE] and [DSCHDATE] need to be count...
Where are my SSIS packages stored on my server?
- Hi, I saved a couple of import packages on my SQL Server. How do I go about finding these packages?...
opening ssrs straight into excel
I would like to open an ssrs report directly in Excel via a link.
I have tried &rs:Format=EXCEL and it doesnt...
Reporting on a production database - good or bad and why?
- My development group is currently debating a new process we wish to implement and I'd like to get input to...
Column level collation to store multi linguage characters.
- Morning all.
We receive data from a 3rd party, the flat file is correct in that it contains the right characters...
Querying Data From One Table Against Another Table For All Results
I am new to the forums and overall new to SQL and SRSS. I have two 2008 SQL databases that...
Using REPLACE with a string where I need to replace %anystring% with some new string
- Hi everyone,
I am actually fairly new to using the REPLACE function and don't know if I can use regex with...
SSIS package load data from SQl to Mysql
- Try to create a SSIS package to insert data from SQL to Mysql.
The setup is as follows
OLE DB connection to...
sql server max_lenght returns double the actual size
- Hi all,
I am retrieving column properties of a table with the following query
c.name as ColumnName, type_name(c.system_type_id) as ColumnType,
Pivoting the table
- I need some help in pivoting the table.
The table is like this:
[b]File Main Sub Text[/b]
1 1 A. hello
Creation of dynamic sql query to create a select statement to pick a unique record
- Hi All
I am working on a search stored procedure for a website,
I have following input parameters:
[b]@Region[/b]: A region name
SQL Browser service needed for non-standard static port?
- If I am using dynamic port settings on my sql server instance, I need the sql browser service to run...
How can I get SQL Browser Service running
- I'm running sql server 2008 enterprise. SQL Server Configuration Manager shows all services running with the exception of SQL Browser...
How do I remove my stored password/username in SSMS 2008?
- Hi everyone,
I entered a wrong password for my ssms login and I am unable to delete it. SSMS remembers this...
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 2.
- Hi All,
I wanted to know whether the service pack 2 for sql server 2008 r2 is available for download. I...
read the current row and previous row & calculate difference reporting values over
- I am trying to write a script to read the current row and previous row per device and work out...
INSERT with ordered select
- I am trying to optimise a script for performing DELETES in a DW staging table. DELETES are not logged on...
How to grab characters before and after a string
I need to take the characters from the left before the '/' string and insert into a column and the...
Insert records into one table form other table
- Hi friends,
I have a situation where i need tocreate table and insert records into that table from other table.
Yet another rows to column question (sorry)
I have read Jeff Moden's series on converting rows to columns but can't see how to do what I need...
Geography datatype problem in updation
I have a location table
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
SET ANSI_PADDING ON
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[LocationCopy](
[LocationID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[LocationName] [varchar](100) NOT NULL,
UPDATE when the values are the same
- Does an UPDATE query overwrite existing values if the already existing value is the same as the one your updating...
"UPDATE" Is Not Updating Correctly
- I am executing the SQL Statements on SQL Server 2008 (SSMS).
What am I missing? (I'm sure it's me, not the...
What is meant by set based programming?
- Hi all,
I have come across various section on this website where it is mention that SQL Server is a set...
Change of source databases(9i to 11g) 0xC02020F6 cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types
- Hi, Could someone tell me how to resolve this issue.
I changed my oracle source database from 9i to 11g.
OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 is not registered on the local machine
- I installed the 64 bit 11g 11.2 Oracle Client on a 64 bit Server.
Then I installed the 32 bit Client...
Stored Procedure InputParameter and SQLString
- Hello sqlservercentral :)
I created a stored procedure to to grant/revoke permissions a bit more comfortable.
(found most of it in the...
Format number thousands separator with point
- Format number thousands separator with point
Hi there, I need your help.
I have this number in my database output result of...
Can't connect to sql server from an XP machine, but I can from win7
- Hi there,
I've been given access to a SQL Server and I wrote a VBA script (in excel) to query the...
user mapped as dbo
we are trying to drop a login that happens to be mapped/aliased as 'dbo'.
it is not the owner of the...
system schemas owned by user
In one of our databases, the following schemas are showing as owned by a regular user:
Database Mirroring with clustering
- Hi all,
I've currently got a 2 node SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise cluster (Cluster_A). This works fine at the moment...
Log shipping throw errors
- I have log shipping set up on my database running on SQL Server 2012. It is scheduled to run Monday...
Adding a second instance to a cluster
- Hi there,
I currently have a single instance cluster with 2 nodes and I have a requirement to add a second...
SQL Default Schema for Users in the Local SQL Groups
I've just seen some strange behaviour and was hoping someone here could help explain why.
I have a DB1 and SCHEMA1,...
SQL Plan Cache
- Hi All
I've been using the below script to check my Plan Cache for Ad-hoc plans
, COUNT(*) AS [no_of_plans]
- Hi All
I'm trying to understand Latch\Lock Waits in SQL Server
If I am seeing waits with a wait type of %latch%
- We're experiencing high waits for this type on a user database during high volume inserts on a partitioned table. What...
delete log file
- I would like to use http://ola.hallengren.com/ script.
There are log output files created in the folder of MSSQL\log.
How can I setup...
Using a static port
- I am wanting to use a static port for SQL but something that has always confused me with the following...
How change Analysis Server services account
I have installed a SQL Server 2008 R2 in a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server (this server is DC).
Upgrade from SQLServer Express to Full Version
- How easy is it to move a production server from SQLServer Express to the full version? Is it just a...
- Hi All
I'm struggling to understand why my Index is reporting Range_scans
[code="sql"]CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Indexing2](
[Col1] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[Col2] [int] NULL,
Microsoft DB2 OLEDB Provider 4.0
- Has anyone managed to connect to DB2/AS400 using the new version (4.0) of Microsoft's DB2 OLEDB provider?
I had the version...
tablet ipad or nexus 7 or kindle fire ?
I think the ipad has that cool fad factor, but still overpriced.
I am interested in buying one but...
Good relationship with manager
- Hi all,
Can you please suggest me how to make soft relationship with my boss since we are not working at...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Converting from Spreadsheet reporting to SSRS
- I am in the process on trying to convert a bunch of our monthly reports from Excel Spreadsheets to SSRS...
Conversion of crystal report file to ssrs
- I have a project in V1.1,Now we have to convert in VS2010 V4,
so we have to convert many rpt files...
How to sort a matrix group with an expression?
- I have a report that i cannot make it sort on a group based on an expression.
I have another report...
SSAS for the DBA - replication questions
- Hey all,
Sadly, I know close to nothing about SSAS. I recently joined a new company and we're working on some...
Cannot edit DTS Package on Windows 7
- When trying to open a DTS package using SQL Server Management Studio 2005 on Windows 7 (64-bit) get the error:
DTS connection to Access app w/ workgroup security
- I need to export data from an Access 2000 (SP1) app which uses workgroup security. I open a new Access...
Transparent Background Color in SSRS Textbox
- I get a warning similar to this:
[i][rsInvalidColor] The value of the BackgroundColor property for the textbox ‘textbox22’ is “Transparent”, which...