Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
NEED to Reduce the space from the Drive in which Transactional log backups generates for every 10 mins
- NEED to Reduce the space from the Drive in which Transactional log backups generates for every 10 mins in Tlbackup...
One restore or many, many restores
- So, let me first preface this by saying, I've been a SQL Server DBA for 13 years. I've performed some...
SSIS package change source from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11g - ORA-12154 error
- I am trying to change our source database Oracle 9i to new database 11g.
I pass the credentials through configuration...
- I have the following data...
uid fieldid vaue
1172 5001 Development,support,management
1172 5003 Other
1172 5004 Computing
1172 5004 Medical
1172 5005 Networking
1172 5005 Consulting Projects
1172 5006 Chicago
The following code...
select userid,  as...
HOW TO READ A ZIP FILE WITH THE SAME NAME FROM MULTIPLE FOLDERS AND UNZIP THEM
- Hi, Iam relatively new to bids.Following is the scenario where i need help.
c:\archive has 3 sub folders
c:\archive\1 c:\archive\2 c:\archive\3
SELECT - CASE - GROUP BY
I am new to this forum, so hopefully im in the right place and thank you in advance.
Overview: An error...
Inserting data in one table as selecting from other tables
- Hi all!
I have a simple question. I've made a simple database in Access and upsized it in my SQL Server...
Comma Field Parsing
- Two questions.
#1 How can I select without using the LIKE?
#2 How can I get this type of output?
SQL Tool that integrates into Notepad++
- I found a tool a year or so ago that integrated with Notepad++ and allowed the user to run queries...
compressing 3 distinct records to 1
- I'm not even sure how to ask this question so don't know how to search for this in this forum,...
sql server max_lenght returns double the actual size
- Hi all,
I am retrieving column properties of a table with the following query
c.name as ColumnName, type_name(c.system_type_id) as ColumnType,
Interview Logic Question
LOGIC PROBLEM -- There are three boxes. One labeled “Nickels” another “Quarters” another “Nickels and Quarters”. They are all mislabeled. How...
How to write this SQL ?
- I can't figure this out, Please help...
SQL Problem --
We have a table of orders.
CREATE TABLE Orders (ordernumber INT, rownumber...
SUM with condition in query
- How is this type of query written?
SUM(Cost) WHERE Code = 0
COUNT(*) WHERE Code = 0
(SUM(Cost) WHERE Code = 0) / COUNT(*)
(COUNT(*) WHERE Code...
Stored Procedure with a loop or something?
- I need to make a stored procedure that looks at table 1 and if there is a row set that...
Sql Server Database is not responding in random manner
- Hello everyone,
I've created a database in MS-SQL and used it in my application.
But sometimes it doesn't responds randomly and throws...
Getting errors when using linked server queries in SSIS packages
- Hi All,
I am trying to use linked server queries in my SSIS packages and getting the following errors:
Description: SSIS Error...
How to shrink the log file?
I have a database with 29 GB log file on the FULL recovery modell.
I want to shrink the log file,...
UPDATE when the values are the same
- Does an UPDATE query overwrite existing values if the already existing value is the same as the one your updating...
Using data set to pivot table
- Ii have an urgent problem and I am thankful for any help.
I do a query based on user-selected parameters and...
comma in SQL
- I just found out we have a sql script to create a table.
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DayList](
[DateID] [int] NOT NULL,
[EnrDate] [int] NOT...
- I have a new table. The unique value is PersonID+lateDate, it can be used as primary key.
But we would like...
DB-Link SQL Server to Oracle OpenQuery Retuns a single row
I'm having an issue with getting openquery to work correctly.
SQL server 2008 connecting to Oracle 11g.
BIT datatype and Oracle
As per the business requirement, any SQL script that I make should follow ANSI standard, so that it should successfully...
Deleting temporary table from asp.net VB
- I created a query to pivot some data as below. And that works fine.
But I delete the temp table...
Split one row into two rows using CTE??
- Dear All,
thanks for help me from my previous problem. Now i have the second problem. I've search in this forum,...
Just starting first job - SSIS & SSAS
- I graduated recently from college and will by starting my first job in Business Intelligence in October.
I'm currently going through...
SQL Server - GROUP BY clause
- SQL Server - GROUP BY clause
Hi there, I need your help.
Here is my problem.
I tried this query in dbms SQL Server...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
unable to reconfigure mirroring
- We are seeing the following error message when we are trying to reconfigure mirroring. We backed up the principal database,...
Control_M for SSIS
- Anyone here in this forum use Control-m software to excute SQl agent jobs?
We currently use SQL agent to run SSIS...
what is the Best way to run huge script on production server ?
- what is the Best way to run huge script on production server ? (code drops)
The script has several alter procedures to...
Index Fragmentation and Performance
- Hi All
I understand that External Fragmentation exists when the Index pages are not in a logical order for SQL Server...
Fiction aping reality?
- I was watching the Mars landing yesterday morning (and boy was it tense) when I noticed one of the scientists...
- Okay, a topic that has NOTHING to do with SQL . . .
Came across [url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic447796-4-1.aspx]this link[/url] describing the SSC point scoring descriptions,...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Kindly solve this querry urgent
- there is table suppose temp table, in this table there are 2 colume i.e name and value
there are record like: