Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
No blocking, queries running slowly, what to check next?
- Background: Database developer trying to fill in for an actual dba on a contract.
Environment: Web app with very poor data...
Database Engine Tuning Advisor Permissions
- Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding Database Engine Tuning Advisor Permissions. Here in our shop, developers want to use DTA...
Database mail job failure notification
- My question is related to Database mail job failure notification. The below job step used to run successfully until last...
Tran log does not get truncated in simple recovery
- Hello All,
We have a DB for which the Tran log became full. The DB is in simple recovery model. We...
LOG RESTORE AFTER DB. restore on new server with MOVE, NORECOVERY
- Restore from server 1 db. name A, to server 2 db. renamed B, recovery: FULL so .bak + 10 log files
sql 2005 and logshipping
I have a basic question since years ago now, I did not find any solution.
One database on one server name...
The database cannot be recovered because the log was not restored.
my db name is abc.. i hv restored the bckup on tht db.. But in middle i have cancleed the...
SSIS Package decryption SQL/Stored Proc
- First, I apologize if there is something out there already as I have been unable to find it.
Anything out there better than SSRS
- Hi All
Beginning to look around for other BI tools. Don't have a vast amount of knowledge in this area, but...
Create dynamic feeds using SSIS
- I am newbie for SSIS and found out that we cannot map columns directly into SSIS data flow. I have...
Refresh from Oracle
- Hi friends,
We need to refresh the data from Oracle database to SQL Server 2005 every hour or so.. We...
Auto Save / Auto recover in Management Studio?
- I have come in today to find my PC rebooted, I suspect due to windows updates, (it decides to reboot...
Transfer The Logins and The Passwords Between Instances of SQL Server 2005
- Hi All,
I got an error after executing the script.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_help_revlogin, Line 11
Invalid object name...
- Hi Gurus,
Due to some network glitch mirroring connection is disable. Is it possible establish the connection automatically once network connected...
Use of statistics - Stored Proc v Ad hoc SQL
- I had a curious situation recently where a stored procedure ran for 48 hours without completing. Conversely, running the procedure...
Getting the Duplicate rows?
- Hi Friends,
i am doing a project in SSIS 2008, SQL 2008R2...
In the data flow,
my source(OLEDB) has some duplicate records...
SSIS 2005 - Book suggestions?
- The 2 main ones I've found online are:
[ul] - Pro SQL Server 2005 Integration Services - [i][url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Server-2005-Integration-Services/dp/1590598970[/url][/i]
- Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration...
Timeout problem with PSEXEC in SSIS package when running as a Job.
I have an SSIS package with an Execute Process Task that calls a bat file to run a remote process....
Unable to Send Files to FTP Server
Sorry if the topic already exists.
I want to process an excel report and send the file to FTP server....
ODBC Connection Manager
- Hi, I'm trying to pull data from a Filemaker database into SQL.
I have set up an ODBC connection and tested...
SSIS FTP Task
I have to copy 3 files daily from an ftp server.The files will have the name abcyyyymmdd.csv.Everyday I have to...
Help - Need to fill in parent lot tool info for given table
- Some background information is in order:
3rd -7th columns refer to tools that lots are processed through, in that order.
Remove redundant data from address column
Consider the folllwing two records:
[code="sql"]if object_id('test') > 0 drop table dbo.test
create table dbo.test (
Excluding data from a result set
- This statement calculates and returns the depreciated valus for a list of vehicles, The part i am now stuck on...
index with include column
from the index recommendation scripts i ran, the indexes to be created are:
1. on column A
2. on column A include...
SQL 2000 Query to get time difference between 1st row and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd, 3rd and 4th and so on
- I need help with SQL 2000 Query to get time difference between 1st row and 2nd, 2nd and 3rd, 3rd...
find out excel file modified date
- Hello Friends
I need to find out excel filet modified date. my task is that based on modification date = todaydate...
How to use group functionality in SSRS alongwith ORDER BY on the same field as Group?
- In SSRS, i have to show total and sub total for one table field which is varchar. However i managed...
SQL Sever Client
- I am working on sql server 2008. I don't want to give complete sql server 2008 to my clients. Is...
Top Ten Longest Running Queries question
- I am using the following query on multiple SQL Servers with great success. Some of them have Offline databases and...
SQLCMD not in SQL 2008 R2
- I installed SQL 2008 R2 but there is no sqlcmd.exe.
How to get it and make it available in CMD prompt?
get date part from a filename string
- hey guys,am trying to write a sql to get the datepart from a filename in sql, the filename always varies...
measuring sql server effiency
- I'm doing some analysis and trending on CPU utilization on a DB server which support an application which frequently changes...
Transactional Replication : initialize subscription from copied snapshot - large DB
I need to setup SQL Replication (transactional) on a database thats over 200 GB. Replication is going to be setup...
Best way to configure two merge replicated DBs, which are also synchronized with each other?
- We are trying to accomplish the following:
1.DB1 is merge replicated to many clients running SQL CE
2.DB2 is also merge...
SQL is not utilizing an index it told me to create
- So we had one SP totally dogging it. I CTRL-L it - and it says
--The Query Processor estimates that implementing the...
Double Hop problem!
I'm trying to overcome a '[url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Double+Hop/76743/]Double Hop[/url]' issue without any luck, and I'm hoping that someone can help identify where...
while enabling xp_cmdshell from value 0 to 1 we are getting the following error when we try to reconfigure it...
Which SQL Front End???
- Morning all,
I was wondering what front ends people are using?
I'm aware that I can use MS Access but would prefer...
Service acounts for SQL Server
- Hi Experts,
I got a request for creating 5 service accounts for sql servre
Question 1) these accounts shoulb be AD...
Adding a new Node on the existing SQL Server two nodes cluster.
- I currently have a two nodes SQL Server cluster. Both nodes have identical hardware (dell R900 servers). I want to...
SQL Browser service needed for non-standard static port?
- If I am using dynamic port settings on my sql server instance, I need the sql browser service to run...
- So we are in the process of converting over from Crystal to SSRS. Things seem to be going fine; however,...
Looking for guidelines on using the Tuning Advisor
- So I'm looking to assist the developers at my employer, who have been working on an SQL based application. The...
How to check blocking occurs in last days(means previous blocking)
means i want to check transaction on Database for lat 3...
sql server 2000: how to limit a users session connecting to the database.
- if a user connects from the application end to the database, he gets only 30 minutes of session time after...
- I have 3 instances on SQL 2008 , when i tried to restart one of the sql service of an instance...
Backup SQL Server file to remote Hard disk
I Want to backup sql server file in remote hard disk directly.But sql server takes only internal drives as...
Replication Issue. Inserting through a Trigger.
- Hi All,
I just setup the replication in my environment.
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[pwallet_tran](
[TId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT FOR REPLICATION...
Does the optimizer handle joining views to views?
- I have read at least one post by Grant Fritchey stating that the optimizer can have issues when joining views...
Suggestion on how to implement a custom rollback
- Hello Experts,
I am trying to come up with a better solution for our intranet web application (running on SQL Server)....
List of all numbers between low and high
- What is the best way to get a list of all numbers between low and high numbers? Thanks.
Actually >= low,...
procedure started taking longer time to retrieve data in last two days
I was running a procedure to retrieve data which usually took 14-20 seconds but in last two days it started...
increasing duration for the same query over time
- Please excuse the double post for very similar question- I think I was on the wrong track with my previous...
SSIS Transfer SQL Server Object Task
- Hello, all!
Due to database corruption referenced in a previous post, I am attempting to transfer all objects and data out...
Master Data Services Complicated Business Rules
- We are investigating the use of Master Data Services at my company. One of the stumbling blocks I've run into...
Insert values from table 1 to table 2
- I HAVE TWO TABLE VOTERID and Deathtable
Voter id table has the following field
I have attached the voterid table[img]Libraries\Documents\voterid.bmp[/img]
How to get inputer parameter value inside the stored procedure
I have stored procedure having one input parameter .
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[CMT_RoomDelete]
UPDATE CMT_Rooms SET IsActive = 0 WHERE RoomID = @pRoomId
inconsistent of a select then update.
- I have a store proc with 2 major parts in a while loop. A SELECT then an UPDATE
The basic store...
How do I pad a delimited number?
- I am trying to write a SQL statement to pad numbers with 0's. The number string has a . delimiter and...
Stored Proc to split data in two
- Hey all,
I have a stored proc. It does what i want it to - but it seems over complex and a...
Date Format Problem
I have a little problem where my Database stores Dates in 'yy/mm/dd' format.
I want to retrieve Date in 'dd/mm/yy' Format.
Query Help- Cursor change into FOR WHILE LOOP, TEMP TABLE
- I have created a STORED PROCEDURE, which includes 5 different CURSORs. The company I am working for has just informed...
Flattening a Parent Child Hierarchy
We are starting work on a BI project that is given data in a traditional Parent-Child Hierarchy format.
The Problem is...
BIT datatype and Oracle
As per the business requirement, any SQL script that I make should follow ANSI standard, so that it should successfully...
Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity
- Has anyone installed Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity?
For Attunity 32 do you also need to install the Oracle 32-bit...
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express version with advanced services and Developer Edition
- I've been working with SQL Server 2008 R2 Express version with advanced services and SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio to...
Can't connect to sql server from an XP machine, but I can from win7
- Hi there,
I've been given access to a SQL Server and I wrote a VBA script (in excel) to query the...
Landing The First SQL Job....
- Hello All!
I currently am a plumber by trade, been in that industry courtesy of my father in law since graduating...
Re-entering the DBA field - Looking for Advice/Suggestions
- Hello Everyone,
I'm a marketing professional looking to get back into the IT field that I left 10 years ago. I...
Enlisted or Drafted? Share your experience.
- Some people ask to be a SQL Server DBA, some are drafted or rather are a "DBA by default". I...
Backup and save a copy on a server on a different domain
I would like to set up a daily job that backs up the database and transfers a copy of the...
SQL Agent database role and xps
I recently performed a server migration and I'm left with some SQL Agent issues. I restored an msdb from one...
replication setup on cluster node
I have setup replication from sql server cluster group to standalone server. It's working fine but I am not able...
Migrate/Upgrade from Standard to Enterprise
- Hi All, Please help/share your experience.
Here are my requirements.
SQL Server 2008 R2
2 node Active/Passive cluster, Currently in standard...
mirroring Asynch suspended after i ran full backup
- Hi there,
My name is Leo, i am a junior DBA in my company. Nice to meet you all in this...
Log Shipping - manual .trn backup
- My log shipping is working fine but something I am unsure of.
If I do a manual log backup of a...
Physically moving mdf/ldf files to different drive
- Below is the code I am using to move files from C: drive to F: drive:
ALTER DATABASE MyDB SET OFFLINE;
Index Fragmentation and Performance
- Hi All
I understand that External Fragmentation exists when the Index pages are not in a logical order for SQL Server...
Question about SQL Server, Memomy, Disk, Configuration.
- Hi all, i cant think about an apropieted subject for the topic.
Here is the thing.
We have a Server with this...
TempDb free space
- Today I found TempDb size has increased and disk space is very low. I need to get more free space...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
MySQL as linked server
- Hi everbody
I need some suggestions
I Have a sql server(2005) default instance in Windows Server 2003, I need to connect...
WITH XMLNAMESPACES y subconsultas
i have a problem with xmlnamespaces. i try to explain my problem using a little example (information extracted from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb510462.aspx)
- Reading the topic 'Stupid Interviewer Tricks' reminded me of an interview where I couldn't tell if I was crazy or...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Scripts: SQLcode displays in 1 line
- I try to submit a script.
But when I paste the code it's displayed as 1 line.
Tried to copy/paste it from...
SSRS blocks up the whole SQL2005 server
- Hi guys,
I have an subscription that normally runs in the evening. 84 reports are built by this subscription. It's done...
two values in Label in ssrs
- How i can display two values in same label.but i want to show second value in bracket().i am using this...
SSRS 2005 Display Columns in a matrix report even if no data is present in the sql table
I have created a report in SSRS 2005 which contains a Matrix and I want to dislplay the following information:
Confused about how to design a new process (third week into new role)
- Good afternoon,
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section but I could really do with some advice...
Creating a File in Script
- Hi all,
I am attempting to download zip files from a particular website and am having issues with[code]Dim mySSISWebClient As WebClient...
Transactional consistency in SSIS CDC
- Hi all,
I've been researching the different options that we have in building our data warehouse. I am intrigued by CDC...
MDX - Cube Calculated member sliding 12 month comparison with previous month data
I want to compare Aggregate of following two different resultsets:
[Measures].[Internet Sales Amount] ON COLUMNS,
12, [Date].[Calendar].[Month].[January 2008]
refresh Excel report based on Offline-SSAS-Cube (a *.cub-File) not possible
we can't refresh the Excel-reports based on a *.cub file even if there is a newer .cub-file.
We use SQL Server...