Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Unexpected Database Growth ??
- Hi ,
Last week[Thursday] the d size is arround 30 GB. But today i wondered the database size is around 47...
Health Check script for sql server 2005
- Hi Experts,
need a small help as i want to do health check on my sql server 2005, i was wondering...
Agent Error log
I cant access the old SQLServer agent error logs. Through SSMS neither through query
xp_ReadErrorLog 2, 2, NULL, NULL
Error is [b]Unicode...
objects never being used -?
Looking over different forums i slightly tweaked the query to identify a object (table/view) on which a select ,update,delete,truncate has...
SQL Server Login/Logout Audit
I know i can audit the time when a user logged in and also for failed logins. My goal is...
Update over linked servers slow
I need to update a tabe with joing to remote server. If I run the query from the source server,...
sql 2005 and logshipping
I have a basic question since years ago now, I did not find any solution.
One database on one server name...
Maintenance cleanup task not deleting old files
- Hi folks,
I have created some cleanup tasks within maintenance plans to clear old backup and TRN files and nothing seems...
Fragmentation of Clustered Primary Key
- I have a table which has a clustered primary key on one int column, which is an identity (1, 1)....
- I have the following data...
uid fieldid vaue
1172 5001 Development,support,management
1172 5003 Other
1172 5004 Computing
1172 5004 Medical
1172 5005 Networking
1172 5005 Consulting Projects
1172 5006 Chicago
The following code...
select userid,  as...
Error with DBCC CHECKDB
- I am getting error while executing DBCC CHECKDB on one database that shows
[b]CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1...
Is it me or is it them? :-)
I'm just looking for either justification that I'm not going crazy and know a little bit about SQL, or...
Auto Save / Auto recover in Management Studio?
- I have come in today to find my PC rebooted, I suspect due to windows updates, (it decides to reboot...
Database snapshot takes too long to create
- I am mirroring a SQL 2005 database and have a snapshot scheduled on the mirror every hour. This normally takes...
Creating Alert and Notifications for Replication Issues on SQL Server 2005!!!
I have been assigned a Task to set up Alert and Notifications for all the Issues arising in Replication...
Catalog Manager\Cache Hit Ratio
- One of my colleagues has a client whose DBA isnsists on 90% value for the performance counter - SQL Server: Catalog...
switch to unicode
- I have about ten SSIS packages that use varchar and char columns in tables. Most are built from the wizard.
How to read data in a pdf file in SSIS
- I was wondering if any body had a situation where data needs to be extracted from pdf files and exported...
can SSIS be part of cluster
- I have read in some MS article that its not advisable to cluster SSIS.
My customer has a requirement to do...
hierachy with miltiple parent
- Childid Childname Parentid pid
100 Bingo 200 1
101 Pingo 201 1
102 Zingo 201 1
100 Bingo 201 2
101 Pingo 200 2
102 Zingo 201 2
100 Bingo 201 3
101 Pingo 201 3
102 Zingo 200 3
Remove redundant data from address column
Consider the folllwing two records:
[code="sql"]if object_id('test') > 0 drop table dbo.test
create table dbo.test (
retrieve / recover sa password
- Hi all!
We just finished installing our new server with SQL Server 2005.
One of our older applications is apparently
The header for file"dbname_log.ldf" is not a valid database file header
- Please help me with this problem.
I copied both ldf and mdf file after shutting down the SQLServer because of...
- Good morning,
It is a bit of a long story but i'm recently hired and have had a sql server that...
SQL entrance exam
- Has anyone taken an SQL server entrance exam for Scott Trade?
I'm not sure what to study or how to prepare....
SEPARATE WTH HYPHEN TO STRING
I HAVE STRING SUPPOSE
I WANT TO SEPARATE WITH HYPHEN (-)
BUT EVERY TIME POSITION IS NOT FIX.
Database Transactional Replication
- Good Day,
we experienced one of the dreaded messages using Redgate Transactional Replcation between 2 SQL Server 2008R2 :
SQL Error: Violation...
Can anyone explain me this query? I never used for xml path() before
- select ','+quotename(C.name) from sys.columns as C
where C.object_id = object_id('[CUSCONFIG].[LSCIENCES_C20_INT_GBU_REQUESTDETAILS]')
and C.name in( 'CustomAttribute1','CustomAttribute2','CustomAttribute3',
'CustomAttribute7', 'CustomAttribute8','CustomAttribute9' )
for xml path('')
Replication failing with Merge process could not enumerate
- Hi All,
Out of the blue my SQL server started going slow sporadically and every so often throws up some errors.
Replication Issue. Inserting through a Trigger.
- Hi All,
I just setup the replication in my environment.
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[pwallet_tran](
[TId] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT FOR REPLICATION...
How to get multiple records from table into free form report layout
- I have designed free form layout and depending on date range provided as parameter should get individual record on each...
insert data into table from XML File
- Can any body help me in inserting data into a Table from this XML
[code="xml"]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<LabReport> -<ReportHeader> <Requested-By/> <Requested-On>08/05/2012 11:13...
Importing CSV in chinese language into Sql Server 2008 R2
I have a CSV file which has data in chinese language. I am able to insert the data from CSV...
Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 3 Incorrect syntax near 'list'.
- use master
EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced options',1
EXEC sp_configure 'xp_cmdshell',1
declare @FolderTo varchar(250)='c:\SQLDATA'CREATE TABLE #x(dbname sysname,fileName sysname,location varchar(200));
Can we create clustered index on non primary key column
Hi Guys...Please let mi Clarify The is it Possible to '
Can we create clustered index on non primary key column...
error Must declare the scalar variable
- ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_createdate2]
@sdate AS date ,
@edate AS date,
@userid AS INT
DECLARE @FirstTable TABLE (id INT IDENTITY NOT NULL PRIMARY...
Error: Must declare the scalar variable "@UPDATE".
1)How to resolve this problem " Must declare the scalar variable "@UPDATE".
myConnection = db.getConnection();
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
SqlDataAdapter myAdaptor = new...
how to add a grand total column to pivottable
- I would like to add a grand total column (total number of students) to a pivot table the pivot table...
Unable to connect to one or more Databases
- Hi SQL Masters,
I have a situation here regarding my supported two Databases, one of them is ABC Database and the...
code for calling a stored procedure called spDateRange
- Code a call to the stored procedure That returns Invoices with an InvoiceDate Between April 10 and april 20 2008...
Summing 2 Dates but only Workdays
- Thanks for the help yesterday. Today I am looking to sum 2 dates but only workdays. So if I have...
Suggestion on how to implement a custom rollback
- Hello Experts,
I am trying to come up with a better solution for our intranet web application (running on SQL Server)....
How to I add column for a table online?
I have a database with a big tabla (600 millions row).
My task: add 3 column for this table online....
- I could really use some help with this!
Create a stored procedure named spBalanceRange that accepts three optional parameters. The procedure...
List of all numbers between low and high
- What is the best way to get a list of all numbers between low and high numbers? Thanks.
Actually >= low,...
Variable Cannot Be Bound in SSIS Package
- Hey All,
I am trying to insert a normalization procedure into SSIS package so that when I load from the...
How To change data Inside Text File
SQL 2008 R2 - peer to peer replication
We are setting up a POC of SQL replication between two indentical SQL server (including hardware).
The concurrent updates (same...
can any one plz give some idea about SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)?
- here i am having two database and i want to mapp the data related to that tables
Changing No. of CPUs when SQL Server 2008 already installed
I've a Win Server 2008 machine on which SQL Server 2008 is installed.
Now I need to reduce the No. of...
increasing duration for the same query over time
- Please excuse the double post for very similar question- I think I was on the wrong track with my previous...
SSIS Sharepoint List Source Timeout Exception
- Hello All:
I have an SSIS package with SharePoint List adapter as data source connection. I'm experiencing the timeout issue very...
Remote / Local node page looups/sec both zero
- When I try to monitor the sys.dm_os_performance counters "SQLServer:Buffer Node\Local node page lookups/sec" and "SQLServer:Buffer Node\Remote node page lookups/sec" they...
Service Broker External Activation
- I'm investigating Service Broker External Activation for one of our products. We would like to be able to drop items...
Snapshot dropped, spares files remain...
- Application folks have a process by which a job drops and creates database snapshots. In one particular, odd case, a...
Practical Used Of CTE
- Hi all experts,
Just happen to read about CTE. What i can understand from the stuff given on internet is that...
Date Format Problem
I have a little problem where my Database stores Dates in 'yy/mm/dd' format.
I want to retrieve Date in 'dd/mm/yy' Format.
Partitioned Table performance Question.
- I've been having a look at a project that is underperforming when selecting from a view, and noticed that in...
Convert CHAR to DATETIME
- Hello everyone,
First of all, I hate working with dates, hahaha, hum... I checked all the topics related to my "problem"...
How to search in 100 stored procedures
- Hi ,
Suppose i have 100 stored procedures. Now i want to search for 'abc' in all the 100 Stored Procedure....
- What is partition Function and what is the used(need) of partition function?
How do I remove nulls from case statements with date fields?
- How do I remove nulls from case statements with date fields . For example in the else clause when blank, it...
0 is equal to zero length string. Can someone explain how this can be?
- --I know this has to do with an implicit conversion of the varchar to int,
--but why does the zero...
Pivot And Unpivot Table
I am a newbie in sql server.I have came across various article on internet which shows how to implement pivot...
Addition Of Digits
This was the question ask to one of my friend during an interview. He was ask to perform the addition...
Identifying XML Node Position in SQL Server 2008
- I am having a problem identifying the node position that contains a particular element in a piece of XML.
Intersecting Date Ranges
Today I was asked what the fastest way was to find out if a set of date ranges intersect.
WHERE 1 = 1
- I am afraid I am really going to show my newbie-ness with this question …
I see lots of stored procedures...
ORACLE TEMP DB FIX Size
- Hi, if I crate the default TEMP DB and declare the tablespace as temp I have no chance to create...
SQL Server 2008r2 - log free C:\ drive space to a dB Table - run nightly job
- Preface: Using MS Access 2010 DSN-Less to SQL Server table. SQL 2008r2 RTM on Virtual Server with only a C:\...
- Hi All
After searching online for troubleshooting TempDb contention issues, I found the following script:
ResourceType = Case
When Cast(Right(resource_description, Len(resource_description) - Charindex(':', resource_description,...
Sending email from SQL
- Hi all,
I am having trouble in sending email from db. I am not able to send emails to yahoo or...
High Memory usage
one of our Prod sqlserver is taking 6.5gb memory out of total 8gb of the system.It is 2008R2 64bit standard...
multiple instance on same server?
First I had installed one SQL 2K8 with default instance on server,
I need installed one more named instance on that...
Question about SQL Server, Memomy, Disk, Configuration.
- Hi all, i cant think about an apropieted subject for the topic.
Here is the thing.
We have a Server with this...
Violin Flash Memory Array
- Hi -
Currently, I'm using a substantial number of FusionIO cards on our production environment. We're migrating to new hardware and...
Rolling back Service packs (SP2 to SP1) for SQL Server 2008
- Can anyone please suggest me any method to rolling back "SQL Server 2008 SP2" to "SQL Server 2008 SP1". I...
- Hi All,
I am in situation where I am not sure how to divide / Partition the table, and send the Data...
MCSA & MCSE SQL Server 2012 !?
- Let me know if somebody has the experience with MCSA and MCSE Certifications/ Exams!?
Ok, I'm asking for the all information...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
MySQL as linked server
- Hi everbody
I need some suggestions
I Have a sql server(2005) default instance in Windows Server 2003, I need to connect...
The SQL Saturday Thread
- I figured I'd start a thread (I don't think anyone's done so) for all things [url=http://www.sqlsaturday.com/]SQL Saturday[/url]!
I'm heading down to...
Discussion: is e-Commerce making a mockery of SQL Server?
- Some of you may have heard of my latest tales of woe, in that I am in an environment that...
The Beer Cooler Thread
- On popular request - at least one! - a dedicated topic about beer.
I shall start with my favorite beer: Duvel.
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
How to SEND a report via SPROC
I am trying to build a dynamic stored procedure to send a report when called. I would like it to...
Reporting Services Parameter Bar Customization
- Is it possible to customize the parameter tool bar in reporting services. By default "View Report" button is shown on...
SSRS 2005 Display Columns in a matrix report even if no data is present in the sql table
I have created a report in SSRS 2005 which contains a Matrix and I want to dislplay the following information:
Schema binding across multiple databases
- Hi All
We need to create a clustered index by implementing schema binding in the view. As you know it throws...
Executing Child Package from Parent - Unpredictable times
- We have recently migrated from a Physical 2005 server to a 2008 R2 VM server. We started to notice something...
SSIS package - Column Truncation error at OLEDB Source output
- Hi all,
I created a package using oracle database as source. SSIS reads the columns in oracle in a Unicode format....
Show Right Column to Right User
- If I have three different user with different occupation (manager, salesman, accounting)
The main question is to how display right column...
Question on Cube Design
I am kind of newbie on OLAP and I have some questions.
I have about 6 tables in my OLTP database...