Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
SQL Server job to delete old backups
I need to create a job that cleans backups and log backups that are older than a month.
How to create custom schedule for sql server agent job
- Hi everybody,
this is my first post and I searched for a soluten but unfortunately couldn't find one.
I'm in the process...
hierachy with miltiple parent
- Childid Childname Parentid pid
100 Bingo 200 1
101 Pingo 201 1
102 Zingo 201 1
100 Bingo 201 2
101 Pingo 200 2
102 Zingo 201 2
100 Bingo 201 3
101 Pingo 201 3
102 Zingo 200 3
The header for file"dbname_log.ldf" is not a valid database file header
- Please help me with this problem.
I copied both ldf and mdf file after shutting down the SQLServer because of...
SQL entrance exam
- Has anyone taken an SQL server entrance exam for Scott Trade?
I'm not sure what to study or how to prepare....
Error: Must declare the scalar variable "@UPDATE".
1)How to resolve this problem " Must declare the scalar variable "@UPDATE".
myConnection = db.getConnection();
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
SqlDataAdapter myAdaptor = new...
how to add a grand total column to pivottable
- I would like to add a grand total column (total number of students) to a pivot table the pivot table...
SQL-The log file for database is full
I am getting this error: event id: 17052
Error: 9002, Severity: 17, State: 6 The log file for database is full
Unable to connect to one or more Databases
- Hi SQL Masters,
I have a situation here regarding my supported two Databases, one of them is ABC Database and the...
code for calling a stored procedure called spDateRange
- Code a call to the stored procedure That returns Invoices with an InvoiceDate Between April 10 and april 20 2008...
Summing 2 Dates but only Workdays
- Thanks for the help yesterday. Today I am looking to sum 2 dates but only workdays. So if I have...
Does the optimizer handle joining views to views?
- I have read at least one post by Grant Fritchey stating that the optimizer can have issues when joining views...
Suggestion on how to implement a custom rollback
- Hello Experts,
I am trying to come up with a better solution for our intranet web application (running on SQL Server)....
I'm trying to fetch table data from Server B to a temp table in Server A. I didn't get entire...
Blocking application using policy management?
- We are starting to dabble with policy management where I work, and I was wondering if anyone would know if...
Summing Columns of Dates
- I have 2 columns of dates. What I need to do is to sum or count days in between. I...
how to add # special character in a string @mysql that will be used by exec @mysql
- how to add # special character in a string @mysql that will be used by exec @mysql
I have a temporary...
List of all numbers between low and high
- What is the best way to get a list of all numbers between low and high numbers? Thanks.
Actually >= low,...
Help with SSIS data insertion mystery
Used SSIS bulk insert to loop through a series of flat files and load them into a database.
SQL/BIDS 2008 R2 Error Processing Mining Structure
- I receive the following errors when attempting to process a data mining model against Adventure Works DW ... when following the...
How to count the total sales prior's 4 weekend if user give the weekend date.
- Hi All,
I need to count the total sales prior's 4 weekend when user give the weekend date.
I have sample data...
- What is partition Function and what is the used(need) of partition function?
Update table where there is FOREIGN KEY reference
Want to update t4 table
but update fails as there is relationship between tables. Right there is one to many...
Set command to concatteneate strings
- I am trying to use a variabe to camcattenate a string
I use following:
DECLARE @MYVAR Char(1000) = 'INITIAL'
if Conditon 1
How do I to convert varchar datatype to datetime
- Does anyone know how to convert varchar datatype to datetime in TSQL?
How do I remove nulls from case statements with date fields?
- How do I remove nulls from case statements with date fields . For example in the else clause when blank, it...
0 is equal to zero length string. Can someone explain how this can be?
- --I know this has to do with an implicit conversion of the varchar to int,
--but why does the zero...
Addition Of Digits
This was the question ask to one of my friend during an interview. He was ask to perform the addition...
Loop Deleted trigger table
- Hi, I use SQL Server 2008 R2
I read in this forum, that it's not best practice looping Inserted/Deleted trigger tables,...
Question about SQL Server, Memomy, Disk, Configuration.
- Hi all, i cant think about an apropieted subject for the topic.
Here is the thing.
We have a Server with this...
How to schedule a job to run a command once a month?
- Our vertex is installed on sql server 2008R2. Our security policy is that the password will expire every 30 days...
SQL Jokes & Riddles!!!
- What did the one SQL table say to the other SQL table at the bar this past Friday night?
Can we Add comments on ssrs report by using report serives browers
- Hi All,
Is it possible to add comments in ssrs report ?
My clear requirement is :
Users can able to see the...
Get Rows Base on package variable then removes rows from source
- I have a package where I am retrieving rows from a source table based on the min(YearMonth) field e.g. 201005,...
Question on Cube Design
I am kind of newbie on OLAP and I have some questions.
I have about 6 tables in my OLTP database...