Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
how to remove/delete standy by database on secondary instance?
- I was doing Log shipping and something went wrote now I want to start all over. How to delete restored...
return parent child relation
- PRNT CHLD POS
1050000 1000000 1
1050000 5000000 2
1050001 1000004 1
1050001 5000002 2
Prevent users from impersonating sysadmin using runas /netonly
- So I just learned that some of our users are using a VM to impersonate a sysadmin and logging into...
i dont have rights to access the location of a file
i know nothing about p.c's and i'm freaked out..
I formated my laptop (windows 7 pro.), After back up,i transferred...
Decrypting program name from sysprocesses for agent job
- Hey all,
Are there any known ways to decrypt the hex shown in sysprocesses on program name when the process is...
split table data into multiple execel sheets in ssis
- how to send table data into multiple sheets in ssis.
supoose table data like id ,name,deptno
1 ,jai ,100
I'm working with a set of data from SQL Server that I'd like to get into a group of Excel...
tempdb location change - sql not coming online
- We have a newly built cluster environment and there is a dedicated disk for the tempdb.
Unfortunately, after the setup, I...
How to get current week as 0 for any year using week
I need to display current week as 0 for any year in the report......using week column in week table.
out of memory
we are on:
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Ent Ed 32-bit SP4
mutltiple dbs running used for web applications
Restrict access to individual table
- Hi there,
Is there a way to restrict access to individual table in sql server 2005.?
Please let me know.
There is already an object named 'FK_OSS_KBN_PC' in the database.(Error: 14151, Severity: 18, State: 1)
- Hi All,
I am getting this below error and i can't figure out why this is happening.if anyone has ever encountered...
- Hi Gurus,
Due to some network glitch mirroring connection is disable. Is it possible establish the connection automatically once network connected...
Problem using expression in SSIS
Below is the expression i am trying to make work :
substring ("Archive_Full_20120731200002",1, (FINDSTRING( "Archive_Full_20120731200002","Full_", 1)-2))[/b]
Whe I use the exact string(Archive_Full_20120731200002)...
Want my SSISpackage/ SQL Job should fail if the SSIS Config file path is wrong
- I have one SSIS package. In the package I configured the config file, and it is enabled. I am calling...
can SSIS be part of cluster
- I have read in some MS article that its not advisable to cluster SSIS.
My customer has a requirement to do...
Derived field help
My problem is I have a view named Forecast with data in that looks like this:
RowID RegisteredSpendDate FinancialYr SpendPerFinYr($) FinQtr
Can anyone help me with this business requirement?
- We have situations in our application where the 1st business day of September of
specified year is the due date for...
Please Provide Me with Best Solution
- This is an issue we had to solve for a customer a few weeks back. Imagine you had list
SMTP Mail - Need xpsmtp80.dll
- Hi, I'm trying to set up SMTP mail, and I can't find the required DLL, all the posts I found...
how to avoid null or ' ' value in a select query and replace that value as 0 in a select query not in the table?
- here i am having table
declare @test1 table(
insert into @test1
select 1,'rer',1,Null union all
select 2,'rer1',Null,Null union...
Manually Created statistics on a table on a column but it is seen nothing
- Hi All,
I created some statistics on a table on column. But when i examine statistics detail, it is not created...
Stack dump occured unable to understand and find the cause
- Hi All,
I overserved some messeges in sql error log stating
Using 'dbghelp.dll' version '4.0.5'
Exception Address = 00000000009B2204 Module(sqlservr+0000000000142204)
* Exception Code = c0000005...
How to display current week as 0 for each year
I have a report requirement where I need to display current week as 0 for any season year user selects....like...
every Saturday full back : 10 PM
daily differential backup : 10AM
Tlog bkup happenes at every 1 hr like 9:30 , 10:30 ,11:30, 12:30......
SQL License and cores
- Hi all
Does anyone know if its possible to limit the number of cores available to SQL, I know you can...
Backup and restoration
- i am confused in one scenario please help
every Saturday full back : 10 PM
daily differential backup : 10AM
every hour transaction Log backup...
Count Per Hour By User By Day
- I'm trying to create two reports that would look like this; passing a date range for start/end:
Report #1 Sort By...
SSIS package fails in the scheduled job- How to add Decrypt password in command line - Any Example syntax please
- Hi Experts,
I am trying to schedule a job with ssis package..
The error message is:
SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version...
Making a live copy of another server
- What would be the best way to maintain a copy of a live db on another server to let the...
Mirroring with witness end point on mirror server
i have only 2 servers and also want to configure witness
with that i want to configure witness end point on...
keeping dev and live databases in sync
- Does anyone know of any ways to keep a dev database up-to-date with changes on a live database without doubling...
UPGRADE SQL SERVER 2000 to 2008 R2
- Plan to upgrade (side by side) v. 2000 to 2008 R2 and set compatibility level to 90 (not 100) - all...
Record linkage advice required– Long read (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)
I have the following table structure:
[code="sql"]create table dbo.PreMerge (
Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted
- I am getting the above error when running the below code.
This has started happening on this bit of sql after...
How to Retrieve the image data from database table and show in SSRS
My Table is
Create Table Image_table (id int,images image ,crdate datetime default getdate())
Insert into Image_table (id )
UPDATE dbo.Image_table SET images...
subscriber reinitialization (Replication)
- Posted this under sql server 7,2000 replication category and was wondering why I don't get any replies. Anyway here is...
- I have to redesign the database based on the new business requirements
Could someone please help me with the steps...
Is there an joiner much like the 8kSplitter?
- I'm a fan of Jeff's 8k Splitter function, works a charm, but we have an application which feeds in a...
increasing duration for the same query over time
- Please excuse the double post for very similar question- I think I was on the wrong track with my previous...
SOS_SCHEDULER_YIELD waits gradually increasing over time for same query
- I have a job that does the following via C sharp code:
-opens a connection to sql server (keeps it open...
Need advice - good place to start learning SSAS
- Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Currently I have experience with TSQL, SSIS
Thanks in advance,
50000 error executing stored process
- we are queirying an stored procedure multiple times same time,from our application. In this case, few processes executing successfully and...
Excel to Database - validate and import
- New website has been activated this morning
Many thanks for all the support from SQL Server Central members over the past...
- Hi all I have a table with columns in that I want to do a running total on. I want...
Full Text Search Estimated Update Time
- Hi I want to learn that when we create full text indexes in auto change tracking mode, how much time...
DTS Package Maintance Plan...
One of my DTS Package Maintance Plan is getting fail. I investigated the job owner is having full permission and...
Convert SQL Server query to Oracle query
Our Oracle Developer is out for the rest of the week and i need to convert a SQL Server Query...
Default Trace returns Error (Msg 568, Level 16, State 23, Line 1)
- Morning All
Looking through the default trace this morning to check what time some log files increased in size to see...
Uploading a file into a website using SSIS
Can any one guide me how to upload a xml file into a website using SSIS? Is it possible...
Access to SQL Agent Jobs
- I have a 100 + Jobs running on our production SQL server and these jobs are running/owned under service account which...
MS SQL + MS Visual Studio VS Wherescape RED
- Have you ever heard of or used Wherescape RED to do the data warehouse developing? The fact is it is...
Code behind IsNumeric() function
Please let me know, how to see the coding part of IsNumeric() function in sql server.
without [union] in Query
- i have two tables
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[A](
[id] [int] NULL,
[value] [int] NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
insert into A(id, value) values(1,1)
insert into A(id, value) values(2,2)
trying to add alias for value generated by Where clause
- Unless I comment out the alias 'AS RunningTotal' the query fails, but I need an alias for the column the...
Populate Quarters table
- Hi All,
I want to populate a table that will contain start and end dates for each quarter. My definition...
Inserting Month\Year based Records if they don't exist for the next 12 months
- Hi All,
I'm using SQL Server 2008.
I have the following problem which I could do with some help with if anyone...
How to manage Transaction Log.
- Hi All,
I stheir a way we can manage Transaction log even before it fills up? I have some archive tables,...
Updating Multiiple value
- Suppose i have 2 table as Emp and Emp2.
select empid from Emp where deptid=2
The output of the above query is
Query Help- Cursor change into FOR WHILE LOOP, TEMP TABLE
- I have created a STORED PROCEDURE, which includes 5 different CURSORs. The company I am working for has just informed...
Queries running long
- I am in the process of upgrading several old servers to SQL Server 2008 R2 and am having a problem...
when i run my below query it is getting error like....
- DECLARE @Sample Varchar(Max)
DECLARE @EXISTS INT
;WITH SAMPLEDATA (UserName,Email) AS
(Select U.UserName,M.Email From Membership as M
INNER JOIN Users...
Importance Of ObjectId
- I have search this topic on internet. But the way of explanation has being too far of expert level. I...
Re-entering the DBA field - Looking for Advice/Suggestions
- Hello Everyone,
I'm a marketing professional looking to get back into the IT field that I left 10 years ago. I...
Cannot connect to SQL Server 2008 R2 remotely
- I've attempting to create a Development box that host a SQL Server 2008 R2; however, I'm unable to connect to...
Enlisted or Drafted? Share your experience.
- Some people ask to be a SQL Server DBA, some are drafted or rather are a "DBA by default". I...
How often SQL Update Statistics job recommend to run
Just a quick question. Probably would hve answered earlier in this forum, but I couldnt found an answer which...
I am wondering if anyone has had this problem.
I recently encrypted my sql server 2008r2 databases and after that the...
Table access deny for partcular table
I have 5 tables in the [b]test[i][/i][/b] database
i have given dbowner rights to [i]harry[/i] login , has a [i]sysadmin[/i]...
Mirror-Primary Server Fails
- I have SQL Server 2008 with mirroring in High Safety Mode.
One question I have here
I made a transaction and it...
Witness server location
- Hi all
We have two datacentres and I am looking to add some HA to one of our applications through mirroring....
Why there is a Limitations on Index size (900 Bytes)?
Is it correct that all the pages, index/data/iam..etc pages does have the 8KB in size? if yes, why we have...
SQL Server 2008 Table Partitioning
What is the best practice when deciding to partition a table? Should I look at the row count of the...
2008 R2 SP2 Install fails with no messages
- I'm installing SP2 on my 2008 R2 servers and it has gone well for the most part. However, I have...
DB Backup Maintenance Plan Won't Execute
- I've created a back up plan on one DB using the Maintenance Plans Wizard and the regular way (New Maintenance...
SQL Query Performance
- Hi All
I want to investigate Query Performance on my SQL Instance
I've been looking at the sys.dm_exec_query_stats DMV
How up to date...
Index Usage - Deleted
- Hi All
I'm using the below script to track index usage on a particular table.
Why does the leaf_delete_count show zero? I...
Alternative to DBLaunch - automated remote SQL install
- Hi! I get requests for new installs every day (some on physical boxes, some VM, and 6 different domains..ugh!). We...
How to check if there services running other than sql server and sql server agent ?
- How to check if there services running other than sql server and sql server agent ?
thanks in advance
model database stuck on Restore
- Last night my backups failed on my maintenance plan and looks like my Model database was corrupted. It was restoring...
Microsoft Certified Master
- There's been a lot of debate recently about whether certifications are worth doing and whether they provide you or your...
- Just passed the 70-450 exam; I used the Microsoft Administrator's Pocket Consultant for SQL Server 2008 and BOL to prepare...
How can I attract Senior Database Administrator candidates?
- I have a few full-time DBA positions open on my team, one of which is for a Sr. DBA. We...
Discussion: is e-Commerce making a mockery of SQL Server?
- Some of you may have heard of my latest tales of woe, in that I am in an environment that...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
error coming when running Report manager url
- HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error
An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.
Exporting to excel
- How do I get my report to filter data by tabs when it is exported to excel?
Just a rant about how third parties design apps
- And by third parties, I mean of all parties, Microsoft themselves. If a column needs to be added to a...
Variable mapping - For Each Loop
- Metadata Table (SQL ServerDB Table)
COLUMNS INPUT TABLE Column1 Column2 OUTPUT TABLE
---------- ------- ------- --------------
TableA ColName1 NULL TableD
TableA ColName2 NULL TableE
TableA ColName3 NULL TableF
TableB ColName4 ColName1 TableG
TableB ColName5 NULL TableH
TableB ColName6 NULL TableI
INPUT TABLE -
SSIS 2008 - Download File Base on Last Modified Date Property
- Hi all,
I have a table in my developing database that has URLs. Each URL is a link to a source...
Pivot table for Microsoft SQL Server
- Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/plarsson/pivottableformicrosoftsqlserver.asp