Here's a few of the new posts today on the forums. To see more, visit the forums.
Merge a 3 tables data in one view
- I have 3 tables as below,
/****** Object: Table [dbo].[College_CutoffMaster] Script Date: 01/11/2012 13:15:02 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
databases file space utilization 100%?
- Hi All,
Today i monitor my databases i found some of my databases are utilized 100% file space. What is the...
CPU Utilization on 64 bit SQL Server 2005
I have SQL Server 2005 64 bit running on Windows 2008 64 bit. I am continuously getting average CPU more...
I have configured database mail,but send test email is not working...in another sever i configured and it is working fine.In...
How take backup without overwriting or Appending the old files
I want to schedule back up [i]DB[/i] in ms sql server 2005 using maintainence plan wizard. I want to...
New to SSIS
Designed SSIS package.
Now i need to move this package from Devlopment to Staging environment.
Can anyone share the detail process...
Import a text file into a column
- Hello All,
I am trying to import a text file which is unstructured.
5 20120103 recon een7890987 yuioiuy
0987657890988888790 uiioopppjjnnn 87909877666 89098u8uiopo...
SSAS VS SSRS
- Hi Can some one differentiate between SSAS and SSRS? Using SSAS also,we can generate reports right ?
Thanks in advance
Saving Multiple RDL's to local computer
- Good morning,
I have a folder on a reporting services website and I would like to pull the RDL's all down...
Creating a round robin table with SQL & VB
- I am trying to create a dynamic round robin scoring sheet with SQL stored procedure & VB and suggestion on how...
unable to select the column
- when i am using bellow query i am getting problem.
select * from table --> no issue table result is showing.
Error Need Help ASAP!!!! Error Code 901
- I am getting error message and can't seem to resolve it. On a Windows XP SP 3 computer. My sql...
SQL 2K5 Cluster on Server 2008 x86
I have stood up a Server 2008 cluster with 3 ISCSI LUN's, One for the cluster resource, one for the...
Removing commas and quotes from numeric fields in csv file using SSIS
- I am creating SSIS package which reads data from a csv file and stores in SQL Server database. There are...
Auditing Stored Procedure calls
- I'd like to know how often a stored procedure is called, also useful would be the time, which user made...
How do I get the table definition ?
Is there a way for me to get the definition of a table via a sql statement.
Now I was able...
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server " " returned message "No transaction is active."
- I have linked a local SQL 2005 Standard Server 32-bit Unclustered to a remote SQL Server 2005 Standard 64-bit Clustered...
Replicating child table but not the parent table
- Pretty basic(stupid) question, is it possible somehow to make a child table (the one with foreign key constraints) a publication...
SQL 2005 Standard Edition 64bit not using all available memory
- We have a rather busy production server which is running SQL2005 SE 64bit on Windows 2003 64bit. The server has...
I'm using EXECUTE sp_executesql in my ASP.NET
- My current code as following,
Dim sqlNm As String = ""
Dim sqlNm2 As String = ""
Dim strType As String = ""
Dim newSQL As String...
How to read LDF file? sql 2000
- How can I read LDF file? My table is missing from database, and I want to know how it has...
Relative Paths in Task 'execute task'
what I mean with relative paths: I want to setup the WorkingDirectory or rather the variable "Executeable" so that the...
Excel Connection string - Dynamic string
- Hi All,
when i am trying to give the connection string as dynamic for excel as below:
"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="+ @[User::FilePath] +";Extended Properties=\""...
"Access to the path is denied" error in SSIS package
- Hi All,
I am facing really strange issue. I am working with a customer for who, we have created a SSIS...
- Hi All,
I have a very interesting situation. I am pulling following string (see Coulmn1) using substring,replace..etc. from the varchar(5000). I...
Temp Table Name confusion with Nested Procedures?
- Normally I ask this type of question on Ask SSC, but I thought I'd try one here for a change.
Replication Lactency with out Tracer Tokens
Im looking for ways to view replication latency using script and without the use of tracer tokens does anyone have...
Server side trace to a table
- The link below helps me to create a server side trace to a file. I'd like to send the results...
Restore script not working
- Hi all,
I have been working on this script all day trying to get it to work.
Just can't figure it out....
Merge Replication Error
- I have a SQL server 2005 server with a merge publication of 6 articles all of which are tables which...
SQL Server SSIS issue.
- hi guys...
SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64 Bit
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Failed to retrieve data for this request....
.ldf deleted and now cant attach database
- Hi All,
I had deleted my .ldf as it was getting far too large! and then when i went back to...
DR setup for a customer server
- One of our customers has requested to setup a Disaster recovery site..
Their motive is just to cover up for some...
DB MIRROR Error
- The server network address "TCP://192.168.147.24:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that...
- I executed this query and checked the execution plan and it is showing segment and sequence project. What does SQL...
need help with CASE stmt and table joins
Update takes too long and freezes the server
- I selected the data, it took micro seconds. But, when running an update statement (two columns) it takes too long....
Authentication mode in SQL Server
- Hi everybody,
Most of the Servers in our Company are using SQL 2008 editions with the mixed 'SQL Server and Windows...
How to create database from .mdf file only
I have installed SQL Server 2012 and downloaded sanple database from the below link, which has AdventureWorks2008R2_Data.mdf for download.
What is the best way to access a web service
- What is the best way to access a web service from SQL Server 2008 R2? I have read about CLR...
How we dealocate the memory of a row
- How we dealocate the memory of a row in a table in sql 2008 R2. please show the query if...
Is there a quick and dirty way to format varchar(max) SQL Server output into HTML without using Reporting Services?
- Is there a quick and dirty way to format varchar(max) SQL Server output into HTML without using Reporting Services (which...
Selecting TOP PERCENT based on GROUP ?
I wanted to know if we can select percent of records for each group?
something like :-
SELECT TOP 30 PERCENT...
HOW TO FIND A VALUE IN ALL COLUMN OF ALL TABLE IN A db.
- HI ALL,
As i Have a task to find 9 digit value in all column of all table in a DB...
Relational design question
- I am working on a project, and I've hit a small-ish bump in the road. I have to link a...
SQL Agent Job succeeds even though step should fail
- Does anyone know why a Transact-SQL job step that executes a stored procedure and returns a "Query timeout" response continues...
merge statement and cte(common table expression)
- Hello all,
i am new to these topics
can any body breifly explain about merge statement and cte.
i am confusing while learning...
Running a sql server 2008 job to back up to network folder
- I'm trying to schedule a back up database task to backup some specific databases to a network folder but kept...
SQL Server equivalent to DB2 HEX
- Greetings all. I'm using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express, and I've got a linked server to a DB2 mainframe. There...
Quick Opinion on @@ROWCOUNT vs EXISTS
I'm editing a large stored procedure (very few comments) which has 3 methods (so far) of getting or creating...
Returning results for the previous year
- I have the following script:
WITH A AS
(SELECT c.owneridname as BSC,z.Tpl_TotalGWP as Total2012,a.tpl_traderref as TraderRef,a.name as CompanyName,LEFT(z.Tpl_Month, 4) AS Year,...
- I have the following data:
Salesperson A 23171 320230.00
Salesperson B 11782 199584.00
Salesperson C 16769 14437175.00
Salesperson D 17191 -635580.00
Salesperson A 16844 122000.00
Salesperson B 18708 159775.00
Salesperson D 10969 225295.00
Salesperson C 18681 73040.00
Salesperson D 26480 768201.00
Salesperson A 10310 -111325.00
Salesperson B 17291 -460550.00
Salesperson B 11116 3
if 2nd year and same Programme for same Student, then return no results
if report is for Year 2009, and 2009 is the first registration year, then return Programme for student.
if report is...
Need to audit update without cursor
- Hi All,
I have a client that has separate HR and Payroll systems each with their own database. There is a...
Combine different periods into one
- Hi, I want to combine different periods into one, I don't know how to explain it properly, so I try...
Returning a column per date in a range
I need to take a set of records for people with hotel check-in/check-out dates, and display a table that has...
How to insert multiple rows into a table with identity column
I am having trouble inserting the multiple rows into a table with identity column. The error i get is...
Recusion on Group and their subGroups- how can I solve this problem?
- I have to pass a list of groups to a function which return those groups and their sub-groups till nth...
Read XMl file to SQL table
- I am trying to import xml file to sql table. Any help please! m new with XML, obviously!
Sample XML file
Convert date format in SQL sever report(BIDS) with Oracle date format
- Creating a report with Oracle 9i backend database.
Setup two parameters
Select * from mytable
Where mytable.date Between @startdate And @enddate
I received error message...
comparsion of users between two servers
- Can we compare users between two servers, for ex: users in production and test environments to see users in the...
Retrieving rows with unique data in certain fields
- I have yet to come up with a simple but fast way of retrieving rows from a table that have...
Add Convert for UTC time
- Okay, I have to add a convert for the UTC column and I have no idea where to put it,...
Help with Counts
- Hello All
I have a large database which I need to run a lot of counts on.
Using the following code:
Count fields that do not meet specified condition
VID SERVERIP BASESCORE EXPLOITABILITY SCANCOMPLETE
51 192.168.0.1 5 H some date
31 192.168.0.1 9 H some date
42 192.168.0.2 3 POC some date
64 192.168.0.2 3 H some date
85 192.168.0.3 5 POC some date
26 192.168.0.4 9 H some date
37 192.168.0.4 9 POC some date
Timed Out when calling from VBA function
- I have a vba function below. I call a stored procedure but it times out. Even if I set the...
Logon Triggers. A good idea? Or a nerve-racking exprience?
- Because of security issues, I was requested to keep track of active login accounts so that unused logins can be...
- Hello, I have enabled SQL Server Audit to write to the Application event log. Seems to be working fine but...
SQL server 2008 R2 log shipping wizard not showing backup compression option
- log ship wizard in 2K8R2 Std not showing compression option,but compression column is present in log_shipping_primary_databases. The option should still...
Sql agent job step - tsql command
- I need to figure out how to cause a job to fail and do an alert based on whether a...
- I'm starting to study for my Admin MCITP for 2008 and the first thing I have been hitting is the...
SQL 2008 R2 Report services won't start
I have today installed a copy of SQL Server 2008 R2 developer edition on my 64 bit windows 7 PC...
I have a clustered (active-passive) SQL Server cluster running under version 10.0.4000.0 (SQL 2008 SP2 64-bit Enterprise Edition) where the...
Monitoring Windows Event Logs
- I am curious about which tools people are using to monitor Windows Event Logs on servers hosting SQL Server.
How many databases on one single instance
8 gig memory
64 bit hard and software (Windows 2008 R2 + SQL server 2008 R2)
How many databases can i run...
Powershell: "a positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'system.object '"
I am trying to insert some data from a PS command into a table, but getting this error:
"a positional parameter...
- What would you recommend as the ideal back-up strategy for SQL Server?Currently i do daily full back-ups and burn them...
Failed "ALTER DATABASE...REMOVE FILE" leaves sys.database_files missing a file
- From SSMS I removed a secondary file (named tempdev2) in the PRIMARY filegroup of tempdb and lowered the maximum size...
Job Ownership: No object was found with the name "[sa]"....
- When I create a job it typically creates the job with my account as the owner, e.g. domain\login. The jobs...
failed 70-668 exam
- I failed my 70-668 exam today,only got a score of 532,I studied the online materials but many of questions are...
need help with CASE statement and table joins
- Hi, can someone help me figure out the best syntax for this query? Much appreciated -
SELECT sa.accountno AS accountno, s.saledate...
Correct Age calculation
- We are using the following to calculate age:
It doesn't seem correct ?
Any ideas would be great?
INSERT INTO @TEMPTABLE(TAG_NAME,TAG_DATA)
SELECT TAG_NAME = 'CUST_AGE',...
A new year. None of us are getting younger. How do you view things differently than you did in your younger days?
- On a personal level, I'll be turning 60 this year and I've already lost many more of my peers to...
Censoring the Internet
- The US Congress is considering America's first system for censoring the Internet. Despite public outcry, the Internet Censorship bill could...
Today's Random Word!
When you woke up today, or logged-onto Opera Forums, you may have had a dream, a thought, a scene...
Are the posted questions getting worse?
- Is it me, or are the posted questions getting worse these days?
I just read a post by someone apparently in...
Trailing Spaces on Grouped Column
- I was Grouping by City in a Report but the Column had Trailing spaces so I modified the Sp to...
How to Ignore Report Parameter
- I modified a Stored Procedure to allow the parameter to have a Null Value.
I checked the Allow Nulls in the...
Create Paramater Filter by State
- I'm trying to create a parameter to filter a Report by State.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Filtered Foreign Key
- A conceptual thought: We have now (from SQL Server 2008) got filtered indexes. What do you think of the idea...
Possible to install sql server 2008 to Windows 2000 server opeation sys
Can i install sql server 2008 on Windows 2000 server system,.
Please anyone advise me
New partition takes a long time to process (AS 2000)
- anyone still using analysis services 2000? each year i add a new partition to our cubes for the new year....
Client-side cube browsing application
- Does anyone have a recommendation for a thin client-side cube browsing application with similar abilities as BIDS but none of...
Sybase varchar(10000) to SQL varchar(Max) getting problem in SSIS package only for 64 bit Machine.
- Hi All,
i am transfer the data Sybase to SQL that time i am getting problem where ever varchar(max) is there...
Adding a column to a table at import (run) time.
- I have an SSIS package that I used to import excel data, I need to add a column to the...
Transparent Background Color in SSRS Textbox
- I get a warning similar to this:
[i][rsInvalidColor] The value of the BackgroundColor property for the textbox ‘textbox22’ is “Transparent”, which...